The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 01:03 AM   #26
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 6

i don't understand how the kryptonian origin conflicts with wondy's origin though. i doubt that the greek pantheon has spanned more then 5 thousand years and kara landed on earth what? nearly 20 thousand years ago? that is a lot of time. many things could have occurred, and many stories could have been told, reworked and retold. it was humans who came up with myths after all.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:16 AM   #27
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
i don't understand how the kryptonian origin conflicts with wondy's origin though. i doubt that the greek pantheon has spanned more then 5 thousand years and kara landed on earth what? nearly 20 thousand years ago? that is a lot of time. many things could have occurred, and many stories could have been told, reworked and retold. it was humans who came up with myths after all.
Ok... Fine. But then I have to ask what makes going over all that in a film for WW any more or less convoluted than the gods/magic route? What does adding it and taking away the real magic do, story wise?

Forgive me for putting words in people's mouths but I feels like the only reason is so that when WW does incredible feats on film the audience members who are proponents of this idea can say to themselves "now that she is a sci fi concept/of Kryptonian origin I can accept her leaping long distances and having super strength. The other way would be silly cuz it's magic." But co-evolutionary paths that end up with aliens that look just like us but with super powers on our world is somehow logically airtight even though any scientist worth his salt would tell you how silly that would be?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:42 AM   #28
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Ok... Fine. But then I have to ask what makes going over all that in a film for WW any more or less convoluted than the gods/magic route? What does adding it and taking away the real magic do, story wise?

Forgive me for putting words in people's mouths but I feels like the only reason is so that when WW does incredible feats on film the audience members who are proponents of this idea can say to themselves "now that she is a sci fi concept/of Kryptonian origin I can accept her leaping long distances and having super strength. The other way would be silly cuz it's magic." But co-evolutionary paths that end up with aliens that look just like us but with super powers on our world is somehow logically airtight even though any scientist worth his salt would tell you how silly that would be?
who's removing these things from her story? those are assumptions some of you are making without being told exactly what her/their story will be. again, 20,000 years is a long time many things could have occurred, and many stories could have been told, reworked and retold.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:44 AM   #29
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
who's removing these things from her story? those are assumptions some of you are making without being told exactly what her/their story will be. again, 20,000 years is a long time many things could have occurred, and many stories could have been told, reworked and retold.

People in here just love jumping to conclusions and overreact over someones opinion (Jett) who they allegedly don't even like don't they?

Last edited by NoLaNitE007; 01-07-2014 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:49 AM   #30
Marvin
Side-Kick

Haven't read anyone putting down magic(as it pertains to the audience), just some of the possibilities of this other thing.

To answer the question, it would be like asking about the mythology changes and benefits in ASM/TDKT/Ultimate Universe stories. A few possible things at the outset but best argued when you see the full possibilities executed and come full or even half circle. I liked what came of the League of Shadows in the end, hard to fully argue it at the outset. I think this Richard Parker story line might end up someplace interesting..in the end.

Still curious how this means they still can't fully have magic and gods and all that stuff. To me this just presents an initial link. Are people that off put by "different"

Old 01-07-2014, 01:53 AM   #31
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Making the basis of her origin that the Amazons are connected to Krypton and that the god in the Greek pantheon are some how also related to Krypton, 20,000 years or not, IS the bone of contention because it does radically alter her origin, not to mention a "no magic" rule just hamstrings the very concept of even having a DCCU that is a true unified superhero world on screen.

And if anyone is jumping to conclusions it's the proponents of this idea. "Magic could not possible exist in the MOS verse."

"The audience won't accept magic and science fiction in the same world."

"People don't really know her origin so why not change it?"

I see no evidence for any of that.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:05 AM   #32
Loki882
Side-Kick

If people who are ok with changing the origins have to do mental gymnastics in order to explain why these changes COULD MAYBE work, then the simple question is, why change it? You're making things MORE complicated. "Well, the Greek gods could tie into Krypton in this way, or they could be this or this, and the Amazons could be this, and they're TOTALLY not Kryptonian even though they WOULDN'T EXIST without Kryptonians coming to Earth." Here's an idea, keep it simple. The Greek gods are just that, Greek gods. The Amazons are just that, Amazons, not some glorified subspecies of Kryptonians.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:05 AM   #33
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

How dare they make the Hulk's/Abomination's serums attempted replicas of the Cap serum.

Hulk is practically a Cap spinoff.

Might as well call him Captain Hulk.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:06 AM   #34
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Haven't read anyone putting down magic(as it pertains to the audience), just some of the possibilities of this other thing.

To answer the question, it would be like asking about the mythology changes and benefits in ASM/TDKT/Ultimate Universe stories. A few possible things at the outset but best argued when you see the full possibilities executed and come full or even half circle. I liked what came of the League of Shadows in the end, hard to fully argue it at the outset. I think this Richard Parker story line might end up someplace interesting..in the end.

Still curious how this means they still can't fully have magic and gods and all that stuff. To me this just presents an initial link. Are people that off put by "different"
No, just stupid and pointless changes that reduced the Amazons to being essentially an offshoot for Kryptonians for no good reason.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:08 AM   #35
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
How dare they make the Hulk's/Abomination's serums attempted replicas of the Cap serum.

Except that that change actually made sense and fit into the greater MCU. What point is there in making the Amazons descendents of Kryptonians, please answer that question for me? Why does Superman and Batman's mythology get to stay intact, but WW's has to change?

Old 01-07-2014, 02:10 AM   #36
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No, just stupid and pointless changes that reduced the Amazons to being essentially an offshoot for Kryptonians for no good reason.

:o
Old 01-07-2014, 02:11 AM   #37
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Except that that change actually made sense and fit into the greater MCU. What point is there in making the Amazons descendents of Kryptonians, please answer that question for me? Why does Superman and Batman's mythology get to stay intact, but WW's has to change?

Oh. Who says it is changing? When the heck did that news break?

Old 01-07-2014, 02:12 AM   #38
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

That change also added nothing to the mix, it however was a half assed way to update things since the U.S. Government, as far as I know, no longer test radioactive/nuclear weapons in the above ground manner shown in the 60's comic origin. Of course, I could argue that not including Rick Jones into this new origin is the real crime, but this is not the place.

Still... It's not the same thing. And at least there is a recognizable rationale. For me, it's in the same category or having Stark get injured in Afghanistan and not North Vietnam. It's an update that is required for a modern audience. WW origin requires none of that, unless you want to count that Trevor would be crashing because of modern conflicts and not WWII Nazis, which I would.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:13 AM   #39
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
Oh. Who says it is changing? When the heck did that news break?
Absolutely nobody says it's changing, it was never more than speculation.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:14 AM   #40
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Why does Iron Man and Cap's mythology get to stay intact, while Hulk has to change?

Old 01-07-2014, 02:17 AM   #41
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
Absolutely nobody says it's changing, it was never more than speculation.

Ok. Now this is happening around here...

I see. I will stay out of that....

Old 01-07-2014, 02:19 AM   #42
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why does Iron Man and Cap's mythology get to stay intact, while Hulk has to change?
As stated before... they did a reasonable change to Iron Man that makes sense. Hulk's HAD to change because they don't do above ground nuclear weapons testing in the South West U.S. anymore. And they kept just about everything else. Gamma Rays, triggered by anger, Betty, working for the U.S. Army ect.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:20 AM   #43
roach
I am the night

Quote:

Except that the origin of TIH was lifted from the TV show in which Banner was working to unlock human potential...which is similar to the SSS.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-07-2014, 02:28 AM   #44
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're making things MORE complicated. "Well, the Greek gods could tie into Krypton in this way, or they could be this or this, and the Amazons could be this, and they're TOTALLY not Kryptonian even though they WOULDN'T EXIST without Kryptonians coming to Earth." Here's an idea, keep it simple. The Greek gods are just that, Greek gods. The Amazons are just that, Amazons, not some glorified subspecies of Kryptonians.
Apply all this to TIH and you'll come to the same conclusions.

-Why make it more complicated
-Why not just give the audience the gamma bomb(does it really need to change, is this some sort of documentary on modern times)
-Now Hulk(and a few others) WOULDN'T EXIST without cap science

'Here's an idea keep it simple and' have hulk not be some offshoot..

Old 01-07-2014, 02:36 AM   #45
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Except that the origin of TIH was lifted from the TV show in which Banner was working to unlock human potential...which is similar to the SSS.
Making it the same super soldier idea is such an 'unnecessary' change. If you use the argument that "basically nothing changes" then why make the change at all?

Same thing.

Hulk either gets powers from trying to recreate the Cap serum or a separate origin (not trying to emulate Cap's program specifically).

WW and Gods either gets god-like powers from Kryptonian origin or a separate origin (not the same aliens / god wave).

(I know they're not really the same...I'm just trolling).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-07-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #46
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Apply all this to TIH and you'll come to the same conclusions.

-Why make it more complicated
-Why not just give the audience the gamma bomb(does it really need to change, is this some sort of documentary on modern times)
-Now Hulk(and a few others) WOULDN'T EXIST without cap science

'Here's an idea keep it simple and' have hulk not be some offshoot..
I actually enjoy TIH quite a bit... But I would have preferred there to be no SSS connection, a "bomb" of some type and Rick Jones. So yeah... I think there was some pooch screwing with ole Jade Jaws and I am hoping to not see that situation recreated with Diana.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:39 AM   #47
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Making it the same super soldier idea is such an 'unnecessary' change. If you use the argument that "basically nothing changes" then why make the change at all?

WW and Gods either get god-like powers from Kryptonian origin or a separate origin (not the same aliens / god wave).

Hulk gets powers from Cap origin or a separate origin (not the same super soldier program).

Same thing.

(I know they're really not. I'm just trolling).
How do you not get that this is totally different? WW has a magical origin always and Hulk has a scientific one. It makes far more sense to combine for the for latter. It also doesn't destroy magic for future instalments. Just...

Grasping at straw these people are.

:o
Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #48
roach
I am the night

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #49
Marvin
Side-Kick

^They tied his work to military contracts based on super soldier what not, two steps removed from the ultimate universe stuff. As similar as it is, that's significantly different mythology and very much 'off shooting' to the point where you don't have one without the other..
Which seems to be half the issue, the other half being this supposed lack of magic I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I actually enjoy TIH quite a bit... But I would have preferred there to be no SSS connection, a "bomb" of some type and Rick Jones. So yeah... I think there was some pooch screwing with ole Jade Jaws and I am hoping to not see that situation recreated with Diana.
I wanted the gamma bomb as well(was really cool and tragic), but I'm not about to crap on an idea on preference alone.

Last edited by Marvin; 01-07-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:44 AM   #50
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
How do you not get that this is totally different? WW has a magical origin always and Hulk has a scientific one. It makes far more sense to combine for the for latter. It also doesn't destroy magic for future instalments. Just...

Grasping at straw these people are.
Kinda like thor has always had a magical...etc

If they tied this race to Kara but retained the magical elements would you still have your issues?