The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 03:50 AM   #51
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Kinda like thor has always had a magical...etc

If they tied this race to Kara but retained the magical elements would you still have your issues?
That isn't what the idea suggests; It suggest a "grounded" "Nolanized" approach that I can't, in all good conscious, support.

Even if it did what's the point other than connect Superman and Wonder Woman? It seems pretentious.

:o
Old 01-07-2014, 03:56 AM   #52
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Kinda like thor has always had a magical...etc

If they tied this race to Kara but retained the magical elements would you still have your issues?
Having Kara, I don't know, come across the Amazons sometime after they had emigrated to Paradise Isle and been granted immortality and protection of the gods, and live an learn from them is way different than saying the Amazons owe their very existence to Kara and Krypton.

And the non magical approach is being bandied about by those that want a Kryptonian origin for WW and the Amazons. That's not an assumption on anyone's part but theirs that magic is un-doable in the MOS DCCU.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:04 AM   #53
Marvin
Side-Kick

I don't think Goyer, Snyder or even Frank Miller are against a magic based wonder woman. Looking at their work with this sorta material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
That isn't what the idea suggests; It suggest a "grounded" "Nolanized" approach that I can't, in all good conscious, support.
Super Solider Hulk "suggested" alot of things non Hulk, didn't end being that way. Alien Thor "suggested" alot of things non Thor, didn't end up being that way...

Why always assume the worst of any change? I personally don't see the people involved producing a wonder woman not attached to the greek mythology she has always been attached to, but hey, this is 'WB' and they do that so...
Quote:
Even if it did what's the point other than connect Superman and Wonder Woman? It seems pretentious.
Same benefits as the other cinematic universe building prospects. If they can bring something to the mythology without removing what's important then why not.
Purism?

I'm still hoping for pygmalion wondy
Which can still be in this premise.

Last edited by Marvin; 01-07-2014 at 04:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:08 AM   #54
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

^How convoluted and unnecessary that would be if they are to do the supposed theory then why the heck would she be made from clay? The whole point of it is to show that she gets her abilities from genetics and not from magic.

You bring up the very reason this would be a mistake.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:11 AM   #55
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ So having pure fantasy is a mistake? Or changing her origins?

Old 01-07-2014, 04:11 AM   #56
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Who says the Kryptonians don't have the technology to engineer people from "clay" or create lassos that make people tell the truth?

Maybe this group went all "Bioshock" with their advanced technology and turned themselves into 'Gods'.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-07-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:13 AM   #57
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
^How convoluted and unnecessary that would be if they are to do the supposed theory then why the heck would she be made from clay? The whole point of it is to show that she gets her abilities from genetics and not from magic.

You bring up the very reason this would be a mistake.
Why do people with origins tied to kara need to have super powers? I mean, when the theory was floating around that humans descended from Kara's exploits that didn't result in humans having powers....

I mean do all the amazons have wonder woman powers in they mythology? To be honest, I never saw the kara thing as a source of powers but I guess I can see now why people think that.

As for the benefits, again it's like hulk. Tying him to caps formula was 'unnecessary' for you can develop the hulk and abomination without that crap. But it has it's benefits.

Last edited by Marvin; 01-07-2014 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:15 AM   #58
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Who says the Kryptonians don't have the technology to engineer people from "clay" or create lassos that make people tell the truth?
So... We want to spend ANY time in either a S/B film or a solo WW explaining all of the implications of THAT?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:18 AM   #59
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ The lasso of truth comes from an ancient Kryptonian fiber, whose threads are filled with truth serum that cut into the skin and invade the bloodstream, causing a confession on those bound tightly with it.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:19 AM   #60
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post

Maybe this group went all "Bioshock" with their advanced technology and turned themselves into 'Gods'.
Yeah because that's far less convoluted than just simply saying it came from magic.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:19 AM   #61
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ The lasso of truth comes from an ancient Kryptonian fiber, whose threads are filled with truth serum that cut into the skin and invade the bloodstream, causing a confession on those bound tightly with it.

These people.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:20 AM   #62
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why do people with origins tied to kara need to have super powers? I mean, when the theory was floating around that humans descended from Kara's exploits that didn't result in humans having powers....

I mean do all the amazons have wonder woman powers in they mythology?
Uh... The average Amazon has many times the standard humans strength, durability, reflexes ect. plus they are a self actualization culture. They train body and mind every day. The physically gifted bodies are from the gods but the culture is theirs. Diana is an ever more special case. She's like the average Amazon times 100. But being gifted the near power of the gods she worships, that's what one would expect I suppose. So, yeah even compared to her sisters on the Island, WW is on another level.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:20 AM   #63
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
So... We want to spend ANY time in either a S/B film or a solo WW explaining all of the implications of THAT?
If you are looking for more efficient exposition, tying it to the already explained mos mythology would do that, I don't think people are fans 'for the sake of efficiency'

Old 01-07-2014, 04:21 AM   #64
MrsKent26
Whatever.

This rumour makes me conflicted. When I first heard it, I wasn't that upset. I guess it's because I always had trouble visualizing magic existing in this universe. I also think this idea wouldn't necessarily mean everything bout her origins would changed. But then I see all the upset WW fans and wonder if I should be more annoyed by this. I mean, I'd be annoyed if someone changed superman's origins. I dunno. Maybe it'll end up being false and it won't matter.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:23 AM   #65
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Maybe they can set up the magic element by having Lex do a study on mythical figures (wanting to know how Superman gets his powers), and there being an entry on Amazons. Or something

Old 01-07-2014, 04:24 AM   #66
Marvin
Side-Kick

I'd be upset if they changed important things about characters too. Until I and others end up celebrating the various changes that have been executed over the past 15 years.

Quote:
Uh... The average Amazon has many times the standard humans strength, durability, reflexes ect. plus they are a self actualization culture. They train body and mind every day. The physically gifted bodies are from the gods but the culture is theirs. Diana is an ever more special case. She's like the average Amazon times 100. But being gifted the near power of the gods she worships, that's what one would expect I suppose. So, yeah even compared to her sisters on the Island, WW is on another level.
So WonderWoman is even more special than her special sisters.
Again, not sure how this isn't conducive to jett's premise whilst still leaving an opening for a blessed and gifted daughter of hippolyta.

Last edited by Marvin; 01-07-2014 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:27 AM   #67
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you are looking for more efficient exposition, tying it to the already explained mos mythology would do that, I don't think people are fans 'for the sake of efficiency'
I don't know... The implications that the Kryptonians, who already had the Genesis Chamber tech also had some kind of way to create artificial people too... Dude the implications are huge, and almost warrants it's own separate film to explore that idea even cursory. Sorry... A bridge too far for me.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:29 AM   #68
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
I don't know... The implications that the Kryptonians, who already had the Genesis Chamber tech also had some kind of way to create artificial people too... Dude the implications are huge, and almost warrants it's own separate film to explore that idea even cursory. Sorry... A bridge too far for me.
Even more than the magic preclusion this is the most jarring thing about it. It is so convoluted and unnecessary it makes me want to for a good ten minutes.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #69
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
No doubt. Maybe there will be solo wondy films to fully explore all of the above. I for one am not under the impression that she will exist in SvB alone.

I just finished reading the Harry Potter series and between the horcruxes and tom riddle and the hat and this that and the next thing. Volume isn't the worst thing in the world. As much as people here seem to champion simplicity.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #70
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Why spend 50 mins to explain something that could be done in 5?

Old 01-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #71
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd be upset if they changed important things about characters too. Until I and others end up celebrating the various changes that have been executed over the past 15 years.

So WonderWoman is even more special than her special sisters.
Again, not sure how this isn't conducive to jett's premise whilst still leaving an opening for a blessed and gifted daughter of hippolyta.
Being brought to life and gifted by ancient magical gods is a different thing to those that think as I do than saying she is some kind of alien hybrid or the like.

And as others have stated it sort of makes this a less expansive world. Does every alien GL meets also have to have some sort of Kryptonian connection? Does Aquaman? Does Martian Manhunter?

What I want to know is what is in her traditional origin that is objectionable? It's unique and unlike most heroes. What is gained by a radical change? I mean other than some fans in the audience will heave a sigh of relief that the DCCU will not have standard fictional magic in it because that's important to them in some way?

Old 01-07-2014, 04:36 AM   #72
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
I'd be upset if they changed important things about characters too. Until I and others end up celebrating the various changes that have been executed over the past
But isn't this an important thing? And I thought you wanted magic in this universe?

Old 01-07-2014, 04:38 AM   #73
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:

Nolaaaaaaaan!

Old 01-07-2014, 04:46 AM   #74
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sure it could be explained in 2 minutes. Doesn't mean it should only be two minutes worth of material to explore.

Quote:
And as others have stated it sort of makes this a less expansive world. Does every alien GL meets also have to have some sort of Kryptonian connection? Does Aquaman? Does Martian Manhunter?
What do you think. I mean really.
That's the implication you get here?
Like I said, literally worst case scanario is your first option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
But isn't this an important thing? And I thought you wanted magic in this universe?
I personally want what's important, if thats magic(as it seems to be over at marvel) then I don't see why it can't still be present. It really is some of these other people that are in the either or game. I personally think amazons can be hell a magical even if they have alien origins.

magical island et all.

Last edited by Marvin; 01-07-2014 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:54 AM   #75
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

So... Only WW's origin warrants a radical make over to give her some kind of connection to Superman's homeworld because.... Why? But everyone else will have a recognizable origin? I am not sure what you mean anymore Marvin.

Closed Thread