The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #26
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,151
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Either way its sliced I pretty wont accept Game as Venom. I don't care if he's the next Denzel Washington or DDL. I just can't do it. And yeah Topher was bad but I think that was more to do with how his venom was written than how he was portrayed.
i didn't like having a scrawny eddie brock in the first place. and not like they'd ever pick him to be eddie but why would you never give him the chance?

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #27
Spooderman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 457
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

What if Mac Gargan is Venom instead of Eddie?

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #28
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,211
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
i didn't like having a scrawny eddie brock in the first place. and not like they'd ever pick him to be eddie but why would you never give him the chance?
I'm just not a big fan of game. Cinematically or musically.
And if eddie brock is scrawny (which I don't prefer) I'd rather have an edgier type of brock rather than the lame incarnation that topher grace was. And having a crawny brock doesn't equate to a scrawny venom necessarily.

__________________
"It's the possibility of a dream coming true that makes life interesting."
Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #29
thejon93
Forever Haunted
 
thejon93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Drinking in Canada with Wolverine
Posts: 4,898
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
i feel like people want tom hardy because he's done a villain before. in any case, i wouldn't want him because he's not taller than andrew and if you read my op i want someone significantly taller than him.

if i wanted to name the worst choice for venom i would have said justin chatwin. why is the game such a bad choice?
Why does height even matter? They could put lifts in his shoes just like they had to do with James Marsden in the first three X-Men films (because Famke Janssen was so much taller than him). The only thing that matters is that the actor has the right physique because Eddie himself has to be intimidating to a certain extent (becoming Venom will make him significantly taller, I'd assume, anyhow).

Also, Justin Chatwin's a great actor. Go watch the TV series Shameless if you have doubt in that. He may not be Eddie Brock material, but he's a far better actor than The Game by a wide margin.

thejon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #30
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,151
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I'm just not a big fan of game. Cinematically or musically.
And if eddie brock is scrawny (which I don't prefer) I'd rather have an edgier type of brock rather than the lame incarnation that topher grace was. And having a crawny brock doesn't equate to a scrawny venom necessarily.
I know a scrawny brock does not equate a scrawny venom (sm3 provided us with that and I still hated it) but in my op I described how in my opinion they should avoid that. also, if peter's muscle build doesn't change when he is in the symbiote, then brock's shouldn't change either, especially if they are going for a realistic take in the asm series.

and i'm not big fan of game cinematically or musically either to be honest, but I really think if he gave a **** about the role, he could pull off eddie brock.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #31
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,151
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejon93 View Post
Why does height even matter? They could put lifts in his shoes just like they had to do with James Marsden in the first three X-Men films (because Famke Janssen was so much taller than him). The only thing that matters is that the actor has the right physique because Eddie himself has to be intimidating to a certain extent (becoming Venom will make him significantly taller, I'd assume, anyhow).

Also, Justin Chatwin's a great actor. Go watch the TV series Shameless if you have doubt in that. He may not be Eddie Brock material, but he's a far better actor than The Game by a wide margin.
i was explaining in my op how I believe they should avoid a monstrous looking venom when eddie brock inherits the suit. as well in my previous post if peter's height/build does not change in the symbiote then brock's shouldn't either, especially if they are going for a realistic take in the asm series.

you make a point about how the actor being taller does not matter, but I think having a taller actor could help, because after putting lifts on him, he'd be even taller opposite spiderman.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #32
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,211
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

I think the monsterous qualities of venom are a physical manifestation of the darkness or the monster within its wielder. In this case, brock.

__________________
"It's the possibility of a dream coming true that makes life interesting."
Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #33
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,151
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I think the monsterous qualities of venom are a physical manifestation of the darkness or the monster within its wielder. In this case, brock.
you're probably right, however he doesn't appear that way in every iteration of brock-venom, and I'd prefer him not to be that way anyway. well, this is all just my wishes, and I'm guessing the popular visualization of him is the monstrous look so they'll end up with that most likely

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #34
thejon93
Forever Haunted
 
thejon93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Drinking in Canada with Wolverine
Posts: 4,898
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
you're probably right, however he doesn't appear that way in every iteration of brock-venom, and I'd prefer him not to be that way anyway. well, this is all just my wishes, and I'm guessing the popular visualization of him is the monstrous look so they'll end up with that most likely
You gotta admit though, the monstrous look is absolutely awesome (yet terrifying too).

thejon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #35
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,151
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejon93 View Post
You gotta admit though, the monstrous look is absolutely awesome (yet terrifying too).
quite right, he does! but since i grew up on the 90s spiderman cartoon, that may be the reason why I prefer that type of venom look

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #36
thejon93
Forever Haunted
 
thejon93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Drinking in Canada with Wolverine
Posts: 4,898
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
quite right, he does! but since i grew up on the 90s spiderman cartoon, that may be the reason why I prefer that type of venom look
So did I, but I loved Gargoyles more and The Spectacular Spider-Man's Venom obliterates Spider-Man: TAS's Venom IMO. I loved how kid-friendly the show was, yet it explored a lot of deeper themes that kids can understand and relate to at that point in their age where the world still seems so innocent (they're early in high-school afterall). It reminded me of why I liked the Potter films in the first place, because I felt I was growing with those characters and I started to like them, which is why I was so disappointed when they cancelled it.



I will not be watching that Ultimate Spider-Man show any time soon. A single episode from the second season surpasses all of the movies IMO, just a single episode. Any episode you pick out for me, I think it's better than the movies. Until the movies convince me that a 15 year-old can become Spider-Man, count me out. There's more of a chance to relate to the character before they have to face the real world, let them live for now. That's the problem I had with The Amazing Spider-Man in the first-place, nothing really felt alive and real to me like they were intending, and yet, somehow, some way The Spectacular Spider-Man felt more human than that live-action film in every possible way (and it was animated). I don't get Hollywood sometimes.

thejon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #37
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooderman View Post
What if Mac Gargan is Venom instead of Eddie?
There would be no reason to make him Venom first.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #38
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,151
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejon93 View Post
So did I, but I loved Gargoyles more and The Spectacular Spider-Man's Venom obliterates Spider-Man: TAS's Venom IMO. I loved how kid-friendly the show was, yet it explored a lot of deeper themes that kids can understand and relate to at that point in their age where the world still seems so innocent (they're early in high-school afterall). It reminded me of why I liked the Potter films in the first place, because I felt I was growing with those characters and I started to like them, which is why I was so disappointed when they cancelled it.



I will not be watching that Ultimate Spider-Man show any time soon. A single episode from the second season surpasses all of the movies IMO, just a single episode. Any episode you pick out for me, I think it's better than the movies. Until the movies convince me that a 15 year-old can become Spider-Man, count me out. There's more of a chance to relate to the character before they have to face the real world, let them live for now. That's the problem I had with The Amazing Spider-Man in the first-place, nothing really felt alive and real to me like they were intending, and yet, somehow, some way The Spectacular Spider-Man felt more human than that live-action film in every possible way (and it was animated). I don't get Hollywood sometimes.
i've heard great things abut spectacular spiderman. in particular though i liked the jjj from and i have also heard ultimate spiderman can't hold a candle to it. however, i like how they are trying to make it part of mcu by adding coulson and ****.

in any case though, while spectacular spiderman was spectacular i cannot say i enjoyed its animation more than the 90s one, and it ain't just venom it's all the animation in general.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #39
thejon93
Forever Haunted
 
thejon93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Drinking in Canada with Wolverine
Posts: 4,898
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
i've heard great things abut spectacular spiderman. in particular though i liked the jjj from and i have also heard ultimate spiderman can't hold a candle to it. however, i like how they are trying to make it part of mcu by adding coulson and ****.

in any case though, while spectacular spiderman was spectacular i cannot say i enjoyed its animation more than the 90s one, and it ain't just venom it's all the animation in general.
I didn't like how the 90s series always kept recycling the same old swinging shots over-and-over again. I know it was for budgetary reasons, but, come on, it's Spider-Man! Everyone was watching that show at one point. I loved Spectacular Spider-Man for it's simplistic approach to the animation because it allowed them to do much more engaging things with both the action scenes (especially in the second season, the action is off the charts awesome) and the writing (which was all-around wonderful and made me hate the movies a bit more because they didn't make me care for the characters as much as I did with this show).

thejon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #40
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,151
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejon93 View Post
I didn't like how the 90s series always kept recycling the same old swinging shots over-and-over again. I know it was for budgetary reasons, but, come on, it's Spider-Man! Everyone was watching that show at one point. I loved Spectacular Spider-Man for it's simplistic approach to the animation because it allowed them to do much more engaging things with both the action scenes (especially in the second season, the action is off the charts awesome) and the writing (which was all-around wonderful and made me hate the movies a bit more because they didn't make me care for the characters as much as I did with this show).
I was really young when I watched it so I probably didn't catch it much but one thing that definitely did bother me was them using futuristic guns. Nothing else about the show indicated the show took place in the future but they just added futuristic guns which felt really misplaced and stupid.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:49 PM   #41
thejon93
Forever Haunted
 
thejon93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Drinking in Canada with Wolverine
Posts: 4,898
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
I was really young when I watched it so I probably didn't catch it much but one thing that definitely did bother me was them using futuristic guns. Nothing else about the show indicated the show took place in the future but they just added futuristic guns which felt really misplaced and stupid.
I agree. Originally they had real gun shots and real looking weapons if I recall, but the censors made them sound like Star Trek phasers and forced them to draw out different designs for the guns too (in order to earn a pass as a kid's show).


Last edited by thejon93; 01-25-2014 at 09:05 PM.
thejon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:07 PM   #42
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,151
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejon93 View Post
I agree. Originally they had real gun shots and real looking weapons if I recall, but the censors made them sound like Star Trek phasers and forced them to draw out different designs for the guns too (in order to earn a pass as a kid's show).
that's ridiculous! it's not like anyone ever actually got shot. it would have been equally as non-violent if they had regular guns.

by the way thejon, wat was your purpose in bolding the second to last post of mine that you quoted? in your response you didn't seem to say anything about it

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:14 PM   #43
thejon93
Forever Haunted
 
thejon93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Drinking in Canada with Wolverine
Posts: 4,898
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
that's ridiculous! it's not like anyone ever actually got shot. it would have been equally as non-violent if they had regular guns.

by the way thejon, wat was your purpose in bolding the second to last post of mine that you quoted? in your response you didn't seem to say anything about it
I don't know, that caught my eye when reading it so I was gonna comment on it but forgot. Basically I was gonna say that, while I like the idea of an expanded MCU in a Spider-Man series, so many shows are doing that now that I'd rather just focus on Spidey and his rogues gallery, especially since it seems they're just feeding off of the success of The Avengers with the inclusion of Coulson and (I assume you meant to say) Fury?

thejon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:21 AM   #44
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

*Spoilers*
It comes from Oscorp!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:31 AM   #45
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Since Harry Osborn is the old childhood friend that comes back to see Peter, they can't use that same storyline for Eddie Brock. So I assume that Eddie Brock if/when introduced will be more like his 616 counterpart. Anyone agree?

I feel that the writers really liked the "old childhood friend" element and gave that to Harry because they figured 616 Eddie Brock would be more interesting. Anyone feel the same about that?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:42 AM   #46
thejon93
Forever Haunted
 
thejon93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Drinking in Canada with Wolverine
Posts: 4,898
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Since Harry Osborn is the old childhood friend that comes back to see Peter, they can't use that same storyline for Eddie Brock. So I assume that Eddie Brock if/when introduced will be more like his 616 counterpart. Anyone agree?

I feel that the writers really liked the "old childhood friend" element and gave that to Harry because they figured 616 Eddie Brock would be more interesting. Anyone feel the same about that?
He already exists within the universe as a writer/photographer for the Daily Bugle, if I do remember correctly, there was an article written for the film (among many) that his character wrote relating to the universe itself.

thejon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #47
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Right, there was the viral article on the DB tumblr. Perhaps the plan was to use the 616 Eddie Brock in the future, but use the USM storyline and give it to Harry?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #48
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,620
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

The Game and Channing Tatum? Seriously?

And the idea that Venom is more interesting or more worthy of a film than Spider-Man himself is just, well, bizarre. Venom has no reason to exist other than being a foil to Spider-Man. That is all he is good for, being a stalker of Spidey. I've never liked the "Lethal Protector" idea for Venom. That was just a simple minded and cliche idea to get Venom his own series and more appearances because kids in the 90s liked him because he looked cool.

The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #49
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Well, Venom on his own is a pretty cool character, and I always loved the lethal protector idea. Venom being "the protector of the innocent" is pretty neat, though of course I always prefer him to be Spider-Man's foe.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #50
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,684
Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

A Daily Bugle viral article revealed that Eddie Brock existed in this universe as a reporter. Sure that they can always retcon that but given the backstory they gave Harry, I don't think they would go the childhood route again. And I also don't think Harry would become Venom. It seems too much to have the same character become both a Goblin and a Venom.

In my opinion, I think Sony and Arad will try to make Venom close to his 616 counterpart as possible. Venom is the main factor that screwed them over in the last franchise. I think they will try to avoid going that route again.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.