The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Old 01-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #26
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Default Re: All-New Amazing Spider-Man

I have a feeling that this truly is Peter coming Back...
Why would they choose the Title "The Amazing Spider-Man"
Amazing always was and always will be the Flagship title.
There would be no way that they would sully its name if it were to be:
- An Anthology series
- An Untold Tales series
- Directly tied to the Movies.

KaineMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #27
THUNDERSTRIKE
YOU THINK THIS IS EASY?!?

sure hope that it IS Pete on his way back... I miss that ole boy...

Destroyer of Castles...
Slayer of the fearful B***hWitch, her worshipping Lapdog Monkeyboy and her ancient, horned Demon-OverLord.

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #28
Andrew Lucas
"You're my path"

Who doesnt?

Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #29
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

I don't.

Especially as written by Dan Slott and drawn by Ramos. Enough. Time for some new blood already.

"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #30
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

What happened to the Dan Slott that wrote the Spider-Man / Human Torch mini?

Old 01-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #31
Andrew Lucas
"You're my path"

Okay then, so sticky with Dock Ock.

Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #32
cloverfan98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
I don't.

Especially as written by Dan Slott and drawn by Ramos. Enough. Time for some new blood already.
I agree especially with the writer. I hate Superior and I'm ready for it to end although I won't truly be happy until OMD gets reversed.

cloverfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #33
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

I guess you'll never be happy then because it will never be reversed.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #34
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I want another rebooted Marvel universe.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #35
Dan_Slott
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMorrison View Post
What happened to the Dan Slott that wrote the Spider-Man / Human Torch mini?
I hear he went on to write the 3rd best selling comic of 2012, immediately followed by the 5th best selling comic of 2013, that kicked off a Spider-Man series that appeared in the Top 10 more times last year than any other book in the entire industry.

I mean, come on, what comic book company would want THAT guy writing their Spider-Man books.

(Seriously though, thanks for everyone who supported the title last year!)

Old 01-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #36
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

So I guess it's safe to assume that the Superior era is not your Spider-Man swan song? I'd like to see you write more Peter as Spider-Man stories, especially with Peter trying to adjust to his personal life, post SpOck.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #37
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Thumbs up Re: All-New Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
I hear he went on to write the 3rd best selling comic of 2012, immediately followed by the 5th best selling comic of 2013, that kicked off a Spider-Man series that appeared in the Top 10 more times last year than any other book in the entire industry.

I mean, come on, what comic book company would want THAT guy writing their Spider-Man books.

Superior Spider-Man is the most I've enjoyed the Spidey comics in years. I love it.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #38
Airnick
RTTS

Quote:

Haha Dan your the man, I really been enjoying super spider-man and I'm looking forwards to the all-new amazing spider-man.

Proud member of the SHH6+Perry9
Airnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #39
Will Nolte
Side-Kick

Personally I enjoyed Slott's writing of Peter as actually smart, unlike Bendis over in New Avengers who wrote him as a childish moron. No I'm not kissing up to Dan, I just personally prefer if a writer gets the characterization right.

Admit it, Dan, Bendis screwing up what you were building by writing Spidey so poorly over in the Avengers books had to have pissed you off...

Will Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:41 AM   #40
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Quote:

I just mean that your writing/dialogue was a lot better then. It's almost as if Marvel if forcing you to, for lack of a better term, "dumb it down," now that you are writing the Flagship character.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #41
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Nolte View Post
Admit it, Dan, Bendis screwing up what you were building by writing Spidey so poorly over in the Avengers books had to have pissed you off...
Hahaha as great as that would be, Dan would never put something like that out there.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:15 AM   #42
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

I'm not really understanding Slott's argument. Sales does not equal quality (just look at the box-office take of some "summer blockbusters" like the Transformers series). And Spidey would be in the top 10 lists regardless... it's Spidey.

The plots are decent. I think like Kaine my main criticism is the dialogue.

I did like Superior Spider-Man, because I think Dan understands how to write Doc Ock much better than Peter Parker. Plus the change-up opened up some fresh storyline possibilities. But Peter too often comes off as a goofy man-child in post-OMD stories, without any of the maturity he showed under writers like DeMatteis and JMS, and I think this silly tone is accentuated by Ramos' cartoony pencils. I kinda lost respect for the character, because instead of seeing him as someone who takes his responsibilities seriously and reacts realistically, he just seems like a clown who spouts infantile dialogue no one would ever say and isn't even funny, like "crazytown banana pants." It's good Slott is enjoying writing the character, but all I hear most of the time is his voice, instead of that of a thoughtful and witty, but heavily burdened late 20-something. I've read Spidey on and off for 25 years and even with kinda bad writers like Howard Mackie or Terry Kavanaugh, Peter still sounded and acted like Peter. Now he just reads like a Saturday morning cartoon goofball. I know I'll probably get some pushback for this kinda harsh post, but just being honest. I have nothing against Dan who seems by all accounts like a really awesome guy, but I definitely do think it's time for fresh blood on the book.

"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:32 AM   #43
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Confirmed!!!!

Quote:
spider-man has had a decent stay as a "superior" hero, but now it's time to get back to basics and become "amazing" once again. Following the leak that dan slott and humberto ramos will launch a new "amazing spider-man" series as a part of all-new marvel now! Later this year, the new york daily news has not only confirmed the series' existence, but revealed that peter parker will be back in control of his body by the series' april debut.

“we’ve gone over 30 issues without peter parker, so when we let him out of that box and he gets to put on that costume again and he gets to swing through the sky, it’s going to be the greatest feeling,” slott told the new york daily news

the publication was unclear whether slott moving on to "amazing spider-man" signals the end of "superior spider-man." furthermore, no details were given on what might happen to the "superior" sister titles -- "superior foes of spider-man" and "superior spider-man team-up" -- should "superior spider-man" end its series run. It's likely marvel will have more news in that direction as "amazing's" release date approaches.

Peter parker returning to his body the around the same time marc webb's "amazing spider-man 2" film launches is unlikely to be coincidental, though slott has had a plan in place for spider-man since before the debut of "superior spider-man" #1, and had to be resolute in his outward stance that peter wasn't coming back.

“to do that for a solid year of my life, that’s the hardest thing i’ve had to do -- to look small children in the eye at a convention and lie to them,” the writer said. “one of them with an honest-to-god little league uniform and a quivering lip. Inside, part of me was dying.”

it's clear he's been playing the long game for some time, and only time will tell how peter will come back to his body. After all, the last time readers saw peter parker, it was as a ghost inside doc ock's brain, which was wiped out completely during the series' first few issues.

"we did it this way because no one was expecting it. Everyone out there assumed we'd have a big reveal later. People thought we'd bring peter back in a year's time -- or right before the next spider-man movie," slott said of the ghostly peter parker shortly after the debut of "superior spider-man" #1. "everyone was so savvy with how this all works that i thought the best way to keep people off their game was to just put that card on the table right from the get go. You're all so sure it was coming -- well? Here it is! But if you think that's all there is, get ready to be wrong."

while "superior spider-man" was a huge commercial success for marvel, fan reaction was widespread, with some even sending death threats to slott through social media in the wake of the change. However, critical response for the series as a whole has been positive, with the book hitting #11 on cbr's top 100 comics of 2013.

"amazing spider-man" #1 hits stores in april.
From CBR.cc
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=50229

Still no word on if there will be 2 titles.
I hope that Pete is in a different body and that Otto remains in Pete's. But gets really disfigured or something...

Old 01-12-2014, 06:58 AM   #44
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Slott's been the best ASM writer since Roger Stern... so I am very pleased that he's staying on board.

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #45
Traveller
Side-Kick

Dan wrote Spider-Man better than anybody in the last fifteen years. Superior was great and I don't have any doubt this new Amazing will be great, too. They should fire Ramos, though with his cartoonist style.

Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #46
Ipodman
Love Tension

Ramos is fine... I'm interested to know how Peter comes back, because his death was certainly nothing special

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #47
THUNDERSTRIKE
YOU THINK THIS IS EASY?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Dan wrote Spider-Man better than anybody in the last fifteen years. Superior was great and I don't have any doubt this new Amazing will be great, too. They should fire Ramos, though with his cartoonist style.
thank god, the original is BACK and the pretender is OUT... as it was eventually gonna happen and as it SHOULD be... I said earlier that I missed Peter and now this GREAT bit of news comes out... now if only they dump Ramos and get Richard Elson or Dexter Soy on the book as permanent artist, I'll REALLY be overjoyed... happy days ARE here again...

*does the crazydance in celebration*

Destroyer of Castles...
Slayer of the fearful B***hWitch, her worshipping Lapdog Monkeyboy and her ancient, horned Demon-OverLord.

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #48
Airnick
RTTS

This is excellent news, I can't wait to see Peter back in action!.

Proud member of the SHH6+Perry9
Airnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #49
ParkerPeters
Mighty Amazing

God damn it. Just when I thought that SUP was going to be good for a while, Slott brings back ASM. I was hoping it wouldn't happen.

I just want a hard reboot at this point.

ParkerPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #50
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Quote:
Peter Parker resumes his swinging in ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ #1, due out in April, from writer Dan Slott and artist Humberto Ramos.

Thirteen months after Spider-Man’s alter-ego was fatally squashed in the pages of his comic book, Peter Parker is about to make a miraculous recovery.

The nerdy Queens-born super hero had gone out losing to the nefarious Dr. Octopus — who trapped his arch-enemy’s mind in his own dying body just in time for him to croak. Doc Ock, aka Otto Octavius, survived in Parker’s body to take up the mantle of Spider-Man with no one else the wiser.

Writer Dan Slott had known Parker’s demise wasn’t permanent and the wall-crawling Mets fan would be back in the relaunched “Amazing Spider-Man” series that debuts this April, but he had to endure reaction ranging from death threats to Internet backlash to childrens’ tears while maintaining secrecy.

Slott divulged some of the top secret story to the ‘reel-life’ Spidey, Andrew Garfield, during a visit last summer to the set of ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2.’

“To do that for a solid year of my life, that’s the hardest thing I’ve had to do — to look small children in the eye at a convention and lie to them,” says Slott. “One of them with an honest-to-God Little League uniform and a quivering lip. Inside, part of me was dying.”

He did, however, cave under the pressure when he met actor Andrew Garfield on the set of “Amazing Spider-Man 2.” After the actor who plays Parker on the big screen expressed his shock over the death of the beloved character, Slott admits he dropped some secretive hints.

“(Parker’s coming back) just in time, fancy that, for a major Spider-Man motion picture,” quipped Slott. “It seems uncanny. It was very nice for Sony to schedule the movie around the story.”

Doctor Octopus took over Spider-Man’s body for the past 13 months, causing the death of his arch-nemesis in the process.

Bumping off the face of franchise, though, was a risky move.

Ever since Stan Lee and Steve Ditko (and possibly Jack Kirby) launched the awkward super hero in 1962’s “Amazing Fantasy” # 15, Parker even more than Spidey has been the publisher’s most popular creation. He’s relatable because his Spider-Sense couldn’t help him manage his personal life any better than his readers could manage theirs.

“It would have been great if you took a photo of my face at that time. I was not very thrilled,” says Marvel Editor in Chief Axel Alonso of Slott’s initial pitch, during an editorial retreat several years ago. “Let’s just say that as cynical as the hard-core fanboy was, I was more cynical.”

Alonso, however, adds that after five decades of stories that featured Parker battling a recurring set of villains and personal problems, “I do feel people will appreciate him a little more after this. I do think people have been taking him for granted.”

And over the past 13 months, the unthinkable happened: many fans gravitated towards the meaner, more arrogant Doc Ock version of Spider-Man — some maybe even prefering him to the goodie-two-shoes original.

“It feels like for every reader lost another reader jumped on,” says Matthew Klein, 27, a worker at Forbidden Planet, a comic book store near Manhattan’s Union Square.

“We’ve gone over 30 issues without Peter Parker, so when we let him out of that box and he gets to put on that costume again and he gets to swing through the sky, it’s going to be the greatest feeling,” says Slott.

“But there’s a twist. There’s always a twist.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz2qCgyPnLL
That last line has me worried that they are gonna merge minds...