Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Old 01-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #76
Fanged-Hunter
SwiftNinjaFox

Default Re: All-New Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMorrison View Post
Courtesy of CBR...

"If we woke up in a world where J. Jonah Jameson was in the Bugle, and Peter Parker was taking pictures for a living, and Aunt May was in the hospital, I would shoot myself. It's the ongoing story of Peter Parker, Spider-Man. His life moves forward."
Except for when lazy writing does a poor job of moving his life forward, so they revert it backwards in order to go forward with the "hey day" of Spider-Man stories?

Looking forward to Peter's return, though. JJJ hates Spider-Man and Spider Slayers may be back in use in NY, the Avengers are probably going to have kicked him out by then and doubt he's him, He owns his own company he'd have to run but Peter's not the 'head a mercenary group' type, he has a girlfriend he knows nothing about, MJ's clued in that something's up but that's sure to be pretty screwy, Black Cat hates Spider-Man at the moment...

Definitely a mess for Peter to inherit in getting his body back.

Fanged-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #77
stillanerd
Side-Kick

And here it is--confirmation that Peter Parker will indeed have amnesia or partial amnesia when he returns:

Quote:
It's been well established over the past few days that Peter Parker will return in April's new "Amazing Spider-Man" #1, but there's no reason to assume it'll be a smooth transition back to life. An April-debuting entry in Marvel Comics' digital-first Infinite Comics initiative from writer Joshua Hale Fialkov and artist Juan Bobillo is set to pick up with Peter in the process of a bank robbery, devoid of his memories.

"If you remove identity and get to the core of who Peter Parker really is, is he a hero? Does his heroism go beyond Uncle Ben dying, beyond Gwen and Captain Stacy dying?" Fialkov asks, in an interview announcing the series on Marvel.com. "All the people and things he's lost. All those sacrifices. At his heart -- as a blob of tissue, removed from all personality and experience -- would he act as a hero, when presented with the opportunities of a villain?"
And Bleeding Cool has some uncolored wordless art from the series.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #78
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

^ What good insight to Peter's character. I'm just wondering how long it's gonna take for Peter to get back normal. Will he? Haha

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #79
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

He will. Just like Superior Spider-Man, they're gonna explore all the stories to keep things fresh and eventually he'll be back to normal.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:08 PM   #80
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Ok...
If this really is true...
It's not the REAL Peter Parker, it's just Ghost/Fragment/Figment Peter...
That's freaking ridiculous!

KaineMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #81
stillanerd
Side-Kick

And here's the solicitations (so far) for April 2014, courtesy of Newsarama.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #31
Dan Slott (W) • Giuseppe Camuncoli (A/C)
Connecting Variants A & B by J. Scott Campbell
Variant cover by Kevin Maguire
Captain America Variant Also Available
• SERIES FINALE! The end of an era! A tale of triumph and tragedy! The GREEN GOBLIN unmasked! A hero reborn! But what does this mean for OTTO OCTAVIUS?!
• There’s only one man who can save us from the Goblin Nation… PETER PARKER: The one, true SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN!
64 PGS./Rated T …5.99

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/...jpg?1389503142
http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/...jpg?1389623432
http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/...jpg?1389734363

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1
Dan Slott (W) • Humberto Ramos (A/C)
Variant Cover by Marcos Martin
Variant cover by Ed McGuinness
Variant cover by Pop Mhan
Variant cover by JEROME OPEñA
75TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
75TH ANNIVERSARY SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
Young variant cover by Skottie Young
Blank Cover variant ALSO AVAILABLE
The Greatest Super Hero of All Time RETURNS!
The world may have changed since Spidey’s been gone, but so has Peter Parker. This is a man with a second chance at life, and he’s not wasting a moment of it. Same Parker Luck, new Parker attitude. Putting the “friendly” back in the neighborhood, the “hero” back into “super hero,” and the “amazing” back into “Spider-Man!” Also returning: The recharged and reenergized ELECTRO!
64 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 01-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #82
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMorrison View Post
Ok...
If this really is true...
It's not the REAL Peter Parker, it's just Ghost/Fragment/Figment Peter...
That's freaking ridiculous!
What do you mean?

Old 01-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #83
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
What do you mean?
It was revealed in Superior Spider-Man #9 that "Ghost Peter," according to Otto, wasn't the real Peter Parker but a "Parker memory fragment." More specifically, when Doc Ock "left all of Parker's [memories] intact so [he] could access them" during the original mind swap with Peter, this "somehow created a version of [Peter] running around inside [Otto's] head." Basically, Ghost Peter is akin to "Harvey" from the TV show Farscape.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:08 PM   #84
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
It was revealed in Superior Spider-Man #9 that "Ghost Peter," according to Otto, wasn't the real Peter Parker but a "Parker memory fragment." More specifically, when Doc Ock "left all of Parker's [memories] intact so [he] could access them" during the original mind swap with Peter, this "somehow created a version of [Peter] running around inside [Otto's] head." Basically, Ghost Peter is akin to "Harvey" from the TV show Farscape.
Hm. I read that issue, yeah. So what's this to say about the REAL Peter? Actually dead? Lol

Old 01-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #85
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Whoa...
Alex Ross Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #1

Old 01-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #86
random_havoc
Last Remaining Sentry Fan

My 2 cents:

My money is very tight, but I would happily give $100 of my money for Humberto Ramos and Marcos Martin to never draw Spider-Man again. I hate both of their art so so much.

random_havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #87
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Marcos Martin is the shiznit.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #88
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_havoc View Post
My 2 cents:

My money is very tight, but I would happily give $100 of my money for Humberto Ramos and Marcos Martin to never draw Spider-Man again. I hate both of their art so so much.
Hahaha! I'm with you on Ramos but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Marcos Martin is the shiznit.
Agreed! Mysterioso, and that 579? cover with Shocker..good looking stuff.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:17 AM   #89
THUNDERSTRIKE
KNOCK YOU OUT... POW!

Quote:
My 2 cents:

you 'n me both, brother...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
Phill'ya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:19 AM   #90
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Whoa...
Alex Ross Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #1

That is gorgeous!

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:20 AM   #91
THUNDERSTRIKE
KNOCK YOU OUT... POW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post

That is gorgeous!
you got THAT right...

except Peter is lookin' a bit funky there...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 01-15-2014, 01:26 AM   #92
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post

That is gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
you got THAT right...

except Peter is lookin' a bit funky there...
What's wrong? He looks a bit off from what he usually looks like of that era but I don't see anything wrong.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:28 AM   #93
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Quote:
My 2 cents:

How can one put Martin in the same catagory as Ramos? Martin is awesome. Probably the best thing to come out of the BND era (shame about the stories!). I would put him up there with Bagley and JRJr.

"Your" is possessive, used to describe something you own; i.e "I borrowed your book."

"You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are." "You're looking tired today," would be an example of the correct usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
is this the JJJ band wagon?
JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:31 AM   #94
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hm. I read that issue, yeah. So what's this to say about the REAL Peter? Actually dead? Lol
Well, there is rather one bizarre theory:

What if Peter Parker never actually died?
What if the Peter Parker Doc Ock switched minds with was actually another Peter Parker clone created by the Jackal?
What if before Amazing Spider-Man #698-700, the real Peter Parker was actually captured, brainwashed, and is now going around as...The Green Goblin?

Last edited by stillanerd; 01-15-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:05 AM   #95
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Quote:
It's been well established over the past few days that Peter Parker will return in April's new "Amazing Spider-Man" #1, but there's no reason to assume it'll be a smooth transition back to life. An April-debuting entry in Marvel Comics' digital-first Infinite Comics initiative from writer Joshua Hale Fialkov and artist Juan Bobillo is set to pick up with Peter in the process of a bank robbery, devoid of his memories.

"If you remove identity and get to the core of who Peter Parker really is, is he a hero? Does his heroism go beyond Uncle Ben dying, beyond Gwen and Captain Stacy dying?" Fialkov asks, in an interview announcing the series on Marvel.com. "All the people and things he's lost. All those sacrifices. At his heart -- as a blob of tissue, removed from all personality and experience -- would he act as a hero, when presented with the opportunities of a villain?"

Fialkov, currently writing much of Marvel's current Ultimates output, has prior experience in the Spider-Man world, having written the "Alpha" miniseries starring the one-time Spidey sidekick. Bobillo has illustrated a number of Marvel projects over the years, most recently issues of "FF" written by Jonathan Hickman.

The new Infinite Comic, said to be composed "under the watchful eye" of long-running Spider-Man scribe Dan Slott, is set to run for 13 digital installments.

"You can put [Spider-Man] in horrific situations, but it's inherent in him to deal with things with a light touch," Fialkov said of the tone of his story. "He’s gonna keep working; keep grinding, no matter what. Yeah, it’s a drag. Yeah, it’s a bummer. But he knows that the only way to cope with it is to be Spider-Man."

In the interview, Fialkov also expressed his admiration for the Infinite Comics format, which is intended to make use of the unique storytelling opportunities provided by tablets and other mobile platforms.

"It's a whole new medium to work in, and that's pretty exciting," Fialkov said. "I can sit down with my daughter and read this form of comics, and it’s less overwhelming for her in that guided view. It's a great educational tool and a great way to tell story."
From CBR.cc
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=50278

Old 01-15-2014, 03:14 AM   #96
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Well, as said above, I think it's very likely that Peter will only have some of his memories intact and they will be the ones Doc Ock deliberately recalled during his time as Spider-Man before he systematically erased the rest of them in Superior Spider-Man #9. However, the fact that Dan Slott is revealing that "the Ghost of Peter Parker" is returning in Superior Spider-Man #25 makes me believe that this will not be the big surprise of the issue. Instead, imagine if you will we get the following: after we see that Ghost Peter is back, we then cut to:

The Goblin Underground, and we see the Goblin King going to a room and see Norman Osborn in a makeshift hospital bed and still comatose. The Goblin King tells Norman that he won't let him down and he removes his mask to reveal he's...Peter Parker?! To be continued!

Granted, this is pure speculation on my part, but such a thing would really get readers talking as we go into "Goblin Nation" and the lead into the Amazing Spider-Man relaunch.
Want to take another guess at Gobby's ID?
Or maybe you were correct originally in that it's the guy with Liz Allen...

Old 01-15-2014, 03:48 AM   #97
Will Nolte
Side-Kick

I find Marcos Martin's work pretty ugly most of the time. That cover for All-New ASM#1 isn't bad though.

Will Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:06 AM   #98
THUNDERSTRIKE
KNOCK YOU OUT... POW!

Quote:

What's wrong? He looks a bit off from what he usually looks like of that era but I don't see anything wrong.
it's the really... narrow look to his appearance, I guess, and the way those fingers are looking... just doesn't look right...

Seer.

TYALYZE
Old 01-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #99
THUNDERSTRIKE
KNOCK YOU OUT... POW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
How can one put Martin in the same catagory as Ramos? Martin is awesome. Probably the best thing to come out of the BND era (shame about the stories!). I would put him up there with Bagley and JRJr.
when it comes to Ramos' work, there's a difference between knowledgable stylizing and bad art... you just can't do so many beginner's mistakes and disguise it by calling it a cartoony style... to ME, that's using the word 'style' as a crutch to describe and hide bad art... not really a fan of Marcos, but he IS several steps up and above Ramos' stuff...

iMho...

Seer.

TYALYZE
Old 01-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #100
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
when it comes to Ramos' work, there's a difference between knowledgable stylizing and bad art... you just can't do so many beginner's mistakes and disguise it by calling it a cartoony style... to ME, that's using the word 'style' as a crutch to describe and hide bad art... not really a fan of Marcos, but he IS several steps up and above Ramos' stuff...

iMho...
I couldn't agree more. I wonder how long Ramos will stick around for the new amazing? Any ideas who might come in after he's done?

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote