Old 01-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #101
random_havoc
Last Remaining Sentry Fan

Default Re: All-New Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
you 'n me both, brother...
YES! AN ALLY!

I dislike their art for different reasons. Ramos is just too ridiculous looking for me while Martin's art just looks like it's decades behind the times in style and too lacking in detail imo.

random_havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #102
THUNDERSTRIKE
STARED INTO THE SCHISM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I couldn't agree more. I wonder how long Ramos will stick around for the new amazing? Any ideas who might come in after he's done?
hell, ANYONE else would be a MAJOR improvement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_havoc View Post
YES! AN ALLY!

I dislike their art for different reasons. Ramos is just too ridiculous looking for me while Martin's art just looks like it's decades behind the times in style and too lacking in detail imo.
*high fives ya*

oh yeah, I'm pretty well known for my LOATHING of Ramos art... his extreme problems seem to be anatomy and a sense of proportion and at times, perspective... I honestly can't even call what he draws a 'cartoony style', as some have suggested he has... saying that would be a disservice to other artists that are known for that, the late Mike Weiringo's work comes to mind... now HIS work was cartoony and it had style... Ramos is lacking the latter...

iMho...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zenhnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
El-Yha, her kiss-ass and Sleez, her ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

T-YA'LYZ
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #103
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. I wonder how long Ramos will stick around for the new amazing? Any ideas who might come in after he's done?
Quote:
hell, ANYONE else would be a MAJOR improvement...
I would imagine it'd be the same people that have been cycling since around 680-Superior. Bunch of Camuncoli (-____-). Maybe Stegman? Or is he set on drawing another comic? What happened to Caselli? Love him.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #104
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I'll probably start reading the current Spider-Man comics regularly now.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #105
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

To each his own, but I absolutely adore Marcos Martin's work on Spider-Man...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #106
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMorrison View Post
Want to take another guess at Gobby's ID?
Or maybe you were correct originally in that it's the guy with Liz Allen...
Well, after today's issue, I'm confident that, unless Dan Slott is pulling a double-bluff, whoever the Green Goblin is, he's NOT Norman Osborn. After all,

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
as Carlie points out, it's easy for the Green Goblin to say he's Norman Osborn when he refuses to take off his mask to prove he is who he says he is.

I do agree, however, there still may something to the "Mason Banks is the Green Goblin in disguise" theory.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #107
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
To each his own, but I absolutely adore Marcos Martin's work on Spider-Man...
Same here! My tastes change sorta as time goes but I would love a print up in my room of his work. It's a bit tacky and I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I'll probably start reading the current Spider-Man comics regularly now.
Yup. As long as the stories are worth it. I was following for a bit. Started at around 680, and then dropped at Superior 14?

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #108
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Hopefully Stegman.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #109
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

Oh man, I'm totally going to look forward to whatever garbage psychy battle with Peter and Ock.... If there was one aspect of Superior Spiderman I didn't like, it'd be the psychological battles. I never understood why it exists.

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #110
Andrew Lucas
"You're my path"

I always liked the art from the last part of Spiderman The Other i dont remember his name but i know that he drawn that part when Morlun get peter eye.

Elizabeth Stacy Parker
SHH14
I am No. 2:GooGuy

Blessed be The Corrector.

OriginalMiles,I love you.
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #111
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

Mike Deodato

runawayboulder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #112
Andrew Lucas
"You're my path"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Mike Deodato
Thanks man !

Elizabeth Stacy Parker
SHH14

Old 01-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #113
Andrew Lucas
"You're my path"

But that new series will be a full reboot? What will be?

Elizabeth Stacy Parker
SHH14

Old 01-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #114
Themanofbat

No reboots... the on-going adventures of the same Peter Parker we've known since 1962.

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Old 01-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #115
THUNDERSTRIKE

SCREW this renumbering nonsense and get back to the proper numbering with #701... if we're getting back Pete, then let's get back to where we SHOULD be with the numbering...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

T-YA'LYZ
Old 01-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #116
Themanofbat

While I agree with this mentality wholeheartedly, apparently, one of the comic book editors recently stated that the days where comics hit #50 is a thing of the past...

We all grew up in an era where a higher number meant it was a "good" book... I felt no issues reading Amazing Spider-Man #148, nor WereWolf by Night #30, Batman #273, etc...

Nowadays, people only read for certain events, or creative teams, or whatever minimalistic thoughts that pass through the heads of the younger geveration (yes, I'm old enough for the unabashed stereotype)... so HEY... NEW creative team? New #1... NEW direction? New #1... NEW Hulk Pants? New #1...

These are definitely not the same comics I grew up with...

Old 01-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #117
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

I think the franchise books like ASM, Avengers, Captain America, FF, Thor, DD, Uncanny, ect should be allowed to have high numbers. Reboot only the secondary or spin off books that will benefit from a new #1 every year or two. The long standing books don't need a #1 to boost sales.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #118
THUNDERSTRIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
While I agree with this mentality wholeheartedly, apparently, one of the comic book editors recently stated that the days where comics hit #50 is a thing of the past...

We all grew up in an era where a higher number meant it was a "good" book... I felt no issues reading Amazing Spider-Man #148, nor WereWolf by Night #30, Batman #273, etc...

Nowadays, people only read for certain events, or creative teams, or whatever minimalistic thoughts that pass through the heads of the younger generation (yes, I'm old enough for the unabashed stereotype)... so HEY... NEW creative team? New #1... NEW direction? New #1... NEW Hulk Pants? New #1...

These are definitely not the same comics I grew up with...
oh HELL yeah to all of that... and I second all of the above with no reservation and no shame...

Seer.

T-YA'LYZ
Old 01-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #119
Doc Ock
1951-2014

If i'm reading another ASM#1 AGAIN a year from now then I'm just going to give up and just buy trades...the renumbering really annoys me. At least Marvel doesn't reboot their continuity constantly like DC, but Marvel has reach a whole new level of annoying with they way they do comics...

Old 01-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #120
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

I have a strong feeling that we may actually be iin the final years of Print for Comics..
For some reason, I feel there will be no more Big 2, 3 or 4 in 5 years...
Marvel
DC
Dark Horse

In that order...

KaineMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #121
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

Chiming in on what TMoB said above, most of the comics I grew up with stopped being the comics I grew up with from 03-05 when most of the vol 2's were relaunched again....Cap, Avenger, Thor.

ASM was a little earlier when they did Chapter One, Spider-Man felt a lot different to me after that. I still wonder if any writer will be able to get me to recapture the magic I felt when I was reading comics back then or if maybe I'm just too old for it now...

Old 01-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #122
Andrew Lucas
"You're my path"

Quote:
SCREW this renumbering nonsense and get back to the proper numbering with #701... if we're getting back Pete, then let's get back to where we SHOULD be with the numbering...
YES

Elizabeth Stacy Parker
SHH14

Old 01-16-2014, 08:58 PM   #123
THUNDERSTRIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Chiming in on what TMoB said above, most of the comics I grew up with stopped being the comics I grew up with from 03-05 when most of the vol 2's were relaunched again....Cap, Avenger, Thor.

ASM was a little earlier when they did Chapter One, Spider-Man felt a lot different to me after that. I still wonder if any writer will be able to get me to recapture the magic I felt when I was reading comics back then or if maybe I'm just too old for it now...
reading comics when I was a kid and well into my mid 40's was enjoyable and fun... somewhere along the line, things changed and nowadays it just seems like it's a tedious chore and a bore...

I think in the few years before the Clone Saga is when it started going to the s**thill for me with Spidey and it never regained the true magic since then...

Seer.

T-YA'LYZ
Old 01-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #124
:eek:
Side-Kick

All this renumbering is just about selling comics. It's not that an Amazing Spider-Man 701 wouldn't sell, but a new Amazing Spider-Man 1 is probably a safe bet to be the best selling comic of the month.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:18 AM   #125
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by :eek: View Post
All this renumbering is just about selling comics. It's not that an Amazing Spider-Man 701 wouldn't sell, but a new Amazing Spider-Man 1 is probably a safe bet to be the best selling comic of the month.
I agree. Using the number 1 makes it feel fresh, new, and exciting. Its a new beginning, and people like that.

Something about "701" feels overwhelming.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote