The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 05-24-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default So how is that new 360?

I just put my 360 slim out of its misery, and I was wondering if the new (e) model is any better.

In fairness to the slim line, I think I may have gotten a lemon. It was loud as hell. The wifi stopped working after a year. Just... a bad experience.

Anyone here have any experience with the new models?

I am considering just abandoning the console for the PS3, and maybe Xbox One. But I do have quite an extensive library.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: So how is that new 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I just put my 360 slim out of its misery, and I was wondering if the new (e) model is any better.

In fairness to the slim line, I think I may have gotten a lemon. It was loud as hell. The wifi stopped working after a year. Just... a bad experience.

Anyone here have any experience with the new models?

I am considering just abandoning the console for the PS3, and maybe Xbox One. But I do have quite an extensive library.
I cant speak on em, im still on my Elite from back when CoD: MW2 released.

If my 360 were to break now, id prob just say f**k it and move on to the next gen permanently. I mean its slowly happening any way. For every next gen game that comes out, im further removed from my 360/PS3. There is absolutely nothing else left for the old consoles that I have any interest in and the only reason I still go back to my old consoles is because of the lack of content for the new ones, but thats changing.

If you aren't quite ready to move on and still value your 360 library(and aren't quite ready to make the jump permanently), just get another 360 because by the time that thing goes, you'll be long gone into the next gen.

ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:17 AM   #3
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Well, I just want to know if it's an improvement over the older one. I can't imagine it's any worse.

I never get rid of games, and it would be nice to have something to play them on.

That said, I suspect that if I go out and buy an E today, that Microsoft will announce backwards compatibility for the Xbox One at E3.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:00 AM   #4
jerkhero
Side-Kick

I've had the old arcade model for 4-5 years, and it still works. However I got tired of deleting stuff because of the 60gb hard drive and wanted to have a spare 360, so I bought the new model some time ago (Fifa 14 bundle).

So far I have no complaints and it's definitely more quiet, you can barely hear it. But to be fair I haven't played that much, been mostly playing on PC and Xbox One lately. Also I can't really compare it to slim since I've never owned one.

jerkhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #5
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

That said, I suspect that if I go out and buy an E today, that Microsoft will announce backwards compatibility for the Xbox One at E3.
Haha I wish, but I just don't see it happening. We would of heard about it by now.

ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote