Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - Part 21

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-12-2014, 05:34 AM   #3
JEM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 22

Personally, I think the real problem is when a work becomes popular some fan boys become COMPLETELY crazy.
  • Nolan fanboy
  • Marvel fanboy
  • Smallville fanboy
  • Raimi fanboy
  • Wedd fanboy
  • Singer fanboy
  • Cameron fanboy
ect .....

I think it's a shame because its people have a poor image of the geek in the world. Sometimes when I read the message on the net I am ashamed to be part of this community :csad:. If I were a studio exces and saw some commenteries, I would never take seriously this community.
Fanboy is his worst enemie .

Now,the fans of Marvel studio are more irritable but if in the future, BatmanVS Superman or X men are successful then the other will also become.....

Old 01-12-2014, 05:40 AM   #4
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 23

When something becomes mainstream enough it can create a certain bias either for or against, sure. But it doesn't need to be popular though. Extreme fan prejudice can exist for small properties.

The studio wars are pretty much sports teams now to some fans. They want to win, bash and watch the others fail regardless of quality. They chose their side and can't be persuaded otherwise.

For as many of the negative comments there are, there are even more positives that these companies receive...most the time at least. Maybe not through message boards all the time, but through email and Cons theres always a solid support of hardcore fans.

Ton of internet comment sections are so hate fueled when it comes to anything, beyond fan properties. Just no point in reading sometimes.

Last edited by def28; 01-12-2014 at 06:07 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:06 AM   #5
JEM
Side-Kick

You are right but the most aggressive are for big properties .
When Dark Knight was a hit , fanboys became arrogant on the web and now we have those of Marvels studios.
I like Dark Knight and Avengers but I don't recognize myself in the attitude of some supporters of movies.

I make no distinction between Marvel, Fox, Sony or Warners and I don't want to participate in this war between fanboy.
This behavior on the web is bad for our community.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #6
xrs13
Cold as ice

I personally just see it that unfortunately some people believe they are right and everyone else is wrong sometimes, regardless of the film or franchise. Then it escalates because others jump on it and it creates arguments and tension. Every single person will be a fanboy for something. I want storm done justice for example, Its whether you force your opinion on someone or have a debate that makes the forums toxic.

Heated debate can be good though, it makes studios listen.

Also I agree with Def28 on the fact its become like sports teams, its the one thing I hate about FOX having the rights to x-men in some way. I mean I am glad they do because I think it actually means they focus more on what they have letting smaller teams like x-force pop up, but it just adds fuel to the fire when Fanboys think the films arent good. I can tell you now that if Marvel made the exact same X-films, the Marvel fanboys would say they were better than FOX's.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Last edited by xrs13; 01-12-2014 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #7
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, some fans would act like that, for sure, but there will always be realistic fans that accept the rights and wrongs of any movie, whatever the studio is.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
You are right but the most aggressive are for big properties .
When Dark Knight was a hit , fanboys became arrogant on the web and now we have those of Marvels studios.
I like Dark Knight and Avengers but I don't recognize myself in the attitude of some supporters of movies.

I make no distinction between Marvel, Fox, Sony or Warners and I don't want to participate in this war between fanboy.
This behavior on the web is bad for our community.
I just wanna see a great CBM regardless of which studio makes it. It's funny when I see people making ironic statements like these, "Avengers are good for teenagers and immature fanboys.", yet these people were there opening week-end to watch that very film. People tend to forget that these CBMs are based off actual 'comic books' and just because a particular CBM embraces the fact that it's based off a comic book, it doesn't mean it's for immature teenagers and fanboys because it's funny and doesn't take itself seriously. It's great to have variety within the these CBMs, you have your dark and gritty, your light-hearted and those that are in between. As a comic book fan, I'm glad to be getting all these comic book movies, I mean I never dreamed of the day we will see an Avengers movie, a Spiderman film, an X-Men film a Batman vs Superman film etc It's fine to have preference but people shouldn't trash another CBM because they prefer a particular one. It's pathetic to say the least. But whatever.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 01-12-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #9
xrs13
Cold as ice

This^ Althoughhhhh haha, I really am hoping FOX does quicksilver and Scarlet Witch better than Marvel. Purely because I still haven't forgiven Scarlet witch for wiping mutants out in the comics and getting away with it. And in my mind that is due to her ties with the Avengers haha

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen

Old 01-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #10
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

With regards to Apocalypse before anyone brings up Star Wars untill announcements are made I am ignoring all the rumors for episode VII.Since Bryan Singer hasn't signed up officially to direct Apocalypse that suggests we should Ignore earlier cast rumors.

These obsessions over studios Is getting tiring.WB made green lantern and 2 years later made Man of steel.

The biggest problem at Fox Is now gone-Tom Rothman.Ever since Fox reduced rothman's authority ofver films leading to his depture Fox has been reversing
their quality.In doing a FF reboot trying to bring up films during Rothman's micromanaging Is like trying to blame WB today for Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.Plus Fox has hired a much better choice for director than they did with earlier films.As for those who say any MS film Is automaticly better than any Fox film Iron Man 2 and 3 and both thor films say hi.X-Men,X2,and First Class has higher RT scores than those films.

Having doing a rewatch of most comic book films I find liking without having to roll my eyes during watching

WB-Superman,Superman II(The Donnor Cut),Batman,Batman Returns,Batman Begins,Superman Returns,The Dark Knight
Fox-X-Men,X2,Daredevil(The Director's Cut) X-Men First Class,The Wolverine
Sony-The Amazing Spider-man
MS-Iron Man,The Incredible Hulk,Captain America,The Avengers

Old 01-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Honestly, people should respect each opinions. Its tiring of hearing DC vs Marvel, Fox Vs Marvel. Marvel is winning in my opinion, far ahead.
I rather Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2. I feel they would be used better and not just for a couple of scenes. And hopefully they get cool suits. I'm looking forward to it.

But however, I love the X-Films, but I don't feel we need to add more characters! We have 20+ mutants and half of them have no development (Colossus,Jubilee, Lady Deathstrike)
They aren't treating these characters right! And yet now we have Blink, Bishop, Sunspot, Ink, Warpath , Quicksilver and I hope they have development. If they don't, then more wasted characters.
I want Apocalypse to be the last x movie for a while and they could branch out to X-Force and maybe a Wolverine movie featuring some Xmen like Colossus or Rogue. Or even bring Yukio back. They had great chemistry, I loved her character.

I just want the characters to shine and be done justice.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #12
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Honestly, people should respect each opinions. Its tiring of hearing DC vs Marvel, Fox Vs Marvel. Marvel is winning in my opinion, far ahead.
I rather Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2. I feel they would be used better and not just for a couple of scenes. And hopefully they get cool suits. I'm looking forward to it.
Well Joss said Wanda won't have her costume even the head piece. Dunno about Pietro though. I'm just excited to see her on screen. House of M was ******** though. I hope they don't adapt that mess on the big screen.

Quote:
But however, I love the X-Films, but I don't feel we need to add more characters! We have 20+ mutants and half of them have no development (Colossus,Jubilee, Lady Deathstrike)
They aren't treating these characters right! And yet now we have Blink, Bishop, Sunspot, Ink, Warpath , Quicksilver and I hope they have development. If they don't, then more wasted characters.
I want Apocalypse to be the last x movie for a while and they could branch out to X-Force and maybe a Wolverine movie featuring some Xmen like Colossus or Rogue. Or even bring Yukio back. They had great chemistry, I loved her character.

I just want the characters to shine and be done justice.
All this x1000.

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 01-12-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #13
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Well Joss said Wanda won't have her costume even the head piece. Dunno about Pietro though. I'm just excited to see her on screen. House of M was ******** though. I hope they don't adapt that mess on the big screen.

All this x1000.
Thanks, but not to be disrespectful to FOX but I bet when they make Wanda they wouldn't use the head piece either. I think Wanda and Pietro fit into the story of Avengers 2, not just added in for characters.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #14
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Thanks, but not to be disrespectful to FOX but I bet when they make Wanda they wouldn't use the head piece either. I think Wanda and Pietro fit into the story of Avengers 2, not just added in for characters.
Wanda's costume is very revealing. I dunno what Joss will come up with but we won't be seeing the red one with the cleavelegde. We won't be getting this in AOU.

Is Wanda even in DOFP?

Old 01-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #15
xrs13
Cold as ice

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I dont know if its a spoiler or not but apparently she is a cameo or something :S someone said it around a week ago

Also in AoU I think her costume will be blackwidowesque but maybe a bit more revealing and scarlet with a cape haha

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen

Old 01-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #16
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Yeah Marvel isn't afraid of costumes, as long as it does look from a convention lol
I bet it'll be great, and can't wait to see her powers.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #17
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

I bet there isn't gonna be cleavage like that though. That's too much.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #18
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Her powers will probably be watered down. They're too confusing and not that well defined in the comics though. Didn't she wipe all the mutants by just saying 'No more mutants'

Old 01-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #19
Angamb
Banned User

the Wanda costume could be easily addapted to movie screen.

Its only about using full pants and showing less skin. Basically, its about doing a costume similar to Black Widow, but in Wanda's case, in dark red and with a cape.

And I think a headpiece could easily work. They only have to use a small one that doesnt take too much atention, and thats it. Spot on look.

If Magneto can wear a helmet, Captain America too, Ironman a full iron suit and Loki horns, I see no reason why a woman cant use a small metal headpiece.

The headpiece and cape would make Wanda to stand out much more and feel more iconic.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #20
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

I agree, the costume is adaptable. And she is very powerful. I hope they don't make her look weak if they do water it down.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #21
TeeKay
Side-Kick

She has the ability to warp reality, I don't think we're gonna be seeing that lol

Old 01-12-2014, 09:42 AM   #22
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Noo, that would be too much. But I wanna see her whoop ass. And I want her powers to be pink/reddish. It would look cool.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #23
xrs13
Cold as ice

Yeah she pretty much went into depression and decided "I dont like all of you mutants" so said that and well.. Got away with it because the Avengers thought she should ¬_¬. Her powers were turned way too ridiculous on the reality altering levels.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen

Old 01-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #24
TeeKay
Side-Kick

She's probably gonna have her hex powers and that'll probably be it.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #25
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Yeah she pretty much went into depression and decided "I dont like all of you mutants" so said that and well.. Got away with it because the Avengers thought she should ¬_¬. Her powers were turned way too ridiculous on the reality altering levels.
That was ********!!

Closed Thread