The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #26
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 23

Yeah I don't want her to be overpowering, I wanna see her kickass but I do t want it to be easy for her. A good fight is she. U don't know who will win!

Old 01-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #27
TeeKay
Side-Kick

If Joss gives her her full powers, I will praise him for having the balls to do so. Well Joss said she can weave spells and has little telekinesis, get inside your head. So we know what to expect regarding her powers. I wanna see Singers take on Pietro though. It should be visually stunning as long as he doesn't over-use the slo-mo. Same goes for Whedon's Pietro.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #28
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Haha that would be bold.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #29
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
Personally, I think the real problem is when a work becomes popular some fan boys become COMPLETELY crazy.
  • Nolan fanboy
  • Marvel fanboy
  • Smallville fanboy
  • Raimi fanboy
  • Wedd fanboy
  • Singer fanboy
  • Cameron fanboy
ect .....

I think it's a shame because its people have a poor image of the geek in the world. Sometimes when I read the message on the net I am ashamed to be part of this community . If I were a studio exces and saw some commenteries, I would never take seriously this community.
Fanboy is his worst enemie .

Now,the fans of Marvel studio are more irritable but if in the future, BatmanVS Superman or X men are successful then the other will also become.....

Agreed 100%. Especially about reading comments on the net and feeling ashamed to be part of the community. Aside from just hate there's often some racism, homophobia and sexism aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
I make no distinction between Marvel, Fox, Sony or Warners and I don't want to participate in this war between fanboy.
This behavior on the web is bad for our community.
Nor do I.

Marvel is Marvel, no matter which studio is making it. Sadly there is a growing distinction in the community of taking bias for one side and ignoring or insulting the other.

It's become like the Playstation vs Xbox, Apple vs Android and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I can tell you now that if Marvel made the exact same X-films, the Marvel fanboys would say they were better than FOX's.
I think the same. Such fanboys could be viciously against a casting or director or story idea but take the exact same director and cast and story idea and put it with the studio they adore and suddenly it's not so bad it'll work out in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
It's great to have variety within the these CBMs, you have your dark and gritty, your light-hearted and those that are in between. As a comic book fan, I'm glad to be getting all these comic book movies, I mean I never dreamed of the day we will see an Avengers movie, a Spiderman film, an X-Men film a Batman vs Superman film etc It's fine to have preference but people shouldn't trash another CBM because they prefer a particular one. It's pathetic to say the least. But whatever.

I love the franchises being at different studios as it give each their own individual feel and look and if for example you aren't in the mood for a popcorn action fest and want one with more theme and a darker tone or vice versa then one of the other studios will most likely have that to offer.

And you're dead on that we're getting loads of superhero movies, why can't some be happy that we are rather than finding reasons for it to not be enough.

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 01-12-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #30
kasjan
Side-Kick

It wasn't FOX vs Disney, or Marvel vs DC,... when I wrote. I'm not fanboy of this or that.
I just compared plot of movies, problems they show and I saw who are mainly audience of those movies, when I was in cinemas. It's my point of view.
Dark Knight and X2 are better movies than Avengers for older audience in my opinion.
For me subjects like chosing the right way, tolerance are more interesting than just action packed smashing aliens by guys in color costumes. Gags and excitement of technogadgets I saw in Disney movies are good if I were teenager.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #31
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
It wasn't FOX vs Disney, or Marvel vs DC,... when I wrote. I'm not fanboy of this or that.
I just compared plot of movies, problems they show and I saw who are mainly audience of those movies, when I was in cinemas. It's my point of view.
Dark Knight and X2 are better movies than Avengers for older audience in my opinion.
For me subjects like chosing the right way, tolerance are more interesting than just action packed smashing aliens by guys in color costumes. Gags and excitement of technogadgets I saw in Disney movies are good if I were teenager.
Well then it's simple, just don't watch the so-called 'Disney colourful' movies then if you're gonna complain about them. It's really not that hard is it? And that whole teenager argument you keep using is very ironic because you take your time to go watch these movies in the first place. So everyone who likes the Avengers is a teenager or has the mentality of one, right? I'm using that as an example because you referred to the film twice now.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #32
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
That's a fair opinion I think, I don't see you saying they are crap and terrible, just that you prefer the approach of others.

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine
Old 01-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #33
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well then it's simple, just don't watch the so-called 'Disney colourful' movies then if you're gonna complain about them. It's really not that hard is it?
Then you don't watch X-Men movies, next I won't have to read you sh... comments at CBM and look at stupid pics from you in X-Men section here.
First watch movie, next judge. If some movies are worse for me, it doesn't mean I won't see next movies about those heroes. Maybe it will be more interesting for me than previous.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #34
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
That's a fair opinion I think, I don't see you saying they are crap and terrible, just that you prefer the approach of others.
How is it? He basically insulting the people who like those colourful CBMs. It's fine to have a preferrence but don't bash the other 'colourful' films or insult those who enjoy them. Just because some CBMs are darker doesn't necessarily mean they're better nor do they make you more mature.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #35
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Then you don't watch X-Men movies, next I won't have to read you sh... comments at CBM and look at stupid pics from you in X-Men section here.
First watch movie, next judge. If some movies are worse for me, it doesn't mean I won't see next movies about those heroes. Maybe it will be more interesting for me than previous.
You seem to stalking me for some reason. And the funny thing is, over at CBM I have praised the X-Flicks but the only thing I have shared my disdain towards is the leather costumes and I ain't a sucker for source material. So any changes are fine as long as they work and fit within the context of the story.

For the record, I have expressed my opinion on the X-men films several times in these threads. I have praised them especially X-2 and First Class. Who ever said I don't like them? In fact, DOFP is my most anticipated CBM this year. Ask anybody in these threads. It seems like you have a bone to pick with me. So very well then, COME AT ME BRO.

Last edited by TeeKay; 01-12-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #36
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic
They announced Peters right after they announced Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will appear in Avengers.. and Quicksilver's role was expanded by adding Jugg's role? Yes.
From what I remember Whedon said he was thinking of using them and two days later Singer announced Evans as being Quicksilver in DOFP.

Wasn't good timing and he worded it like a douche but I am of the opinion that no one copied anyone as it would take a lot longer than 2 days to write the role of Quicksilver, audition for the role, offer the part to Evans (if he was the first choice) have Evans people sign the contracts and announce the casting.

I didn't know about Juggernaut being in the movie at all, apparently from what I can gather his role was removed and Pietros was expanded to take his place.

Quote:
How is it? He basically insulting the people who like those colourful CBMs. It's fine to have a preferrence but don't bash the other 'colourful' films or insult those who enjoy them. Just because some CBMs are darker doesn't necessarily mean they're better nor do they make you more mature.
Just going by that one post it Looks like he said he found the story or tone of others more interesting.

"Colourful" could be taken as a descriptor or a denigration. I took it as the former.

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 01-12-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #37
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

That's true, my dad loves marvel movies, he's 47 and is very smart and strict even. He really enjoys them. Some cbms are better then others, no matter darker/colorful themes.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #38
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Maybe I could agree about FOX, but X-Men movie is Tony to Avengers's Justin.
X-Men movies are better for mature audience, Avengers are good for teenagers and immature fanboys.
What.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #39
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just going by that one post it Looks like he said he found the story or themes of others more interesting.
Yes and I got that but was there any reason to categorize people who watched these CBMs? You can't go around saying CBMs that are colourful are the kind that one would enjoy if they were a teenager, that would be insulting to someone who isn't.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #40
xrs13
Cold as ice

I am not necessarily a hater of the humourous marvel films but I would say I wouldnt choose certain ones to watch due to a certain level of humour, Pretty much Thor Dark World. Having said that I appreciate them as they are helping cbm's move forward and so I will still go and watch Thor 3.

I think its good to watch all CBMs if you like that genre because you can find the type of film you do like for me its the x-films.

I will however defend the X-films when someone uses the "marvels way is the correct one" against them.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #41
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
That's true, my dad loves marvel movies, he's 47 and is very smart and strict even. He really enjoys them. Some cbms are better then others, no matter darker/colorful themes.
My dad is in his 60s and loves the Marvel movies. I think he saw the last Thor movie twice. I'm in my 30s and I love them too. And I love that they're perfect for kids too, since my nephews love them.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #42
kasjan
Side-Kick

It's just my opinion about movie, what excite or doesn't excite me right now.
I don't say Avengers was bad movie, just worse than Dark Knight and X2 in my ranking, in my categories, which elements I prefer at this moment. I compare what I wanted in 2000 when I was teenager and what I want now, and just saying aspects in Disney movies aren't so interesting for me now. I'm older and I prefer good plot than just action. Dark Knight, X2 had better plot, showed more problems of life, Avengers had better action and fun.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #43
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Well then it's simple, just don't watch the so-called 'Disney colourful' movies then if you're gonna complain about them. It's really not that hard is it? And that whole teenager argument you keep using is very ironic because you take your time to go watch these movies in the first place. So everyone who likes the Avengers is a teenager or has the mentality of one, right? I'm using that as an example because you referred to the film twice now.
Quote:
Both of you, knock it off. Argue about this civilly, please.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #44
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Both of you, knock it off. Argue about this civilly, please.
Sorry. I'll refrain from the arguments I'm having with him.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #45
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
It's just my opinion about movie, what excite or doesn't excite me right now.
I don't say Avengers was bad movie, just worse than Dark Knight and X2 in my ranking, in my categories, which elements I prefer at this moment. I compare what I wanted in 2000 when I was teenager and what I want now, and just saying aspects in Disney movies aren't so interesting for me now. I'm older and I prefer good plot than just action. Dark Knight, X2 had better plot, showed more problems of life, Avengers had better action and fun.
Yeah, but when you classify the people Avengers for as "teenagers and immature fanboys", it's no longer about your opinion of the movie, but your ridiculous assumption about the people who like it, which is even more ludicrous when your two categories apply to virtually none of the Avengers fans here.

If you want, I can invite C. Lee in here to discuss your silly comment further.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #46
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the Wanda costume could be easily addapted to movie screen.

Its only about using full pants and showing less skin. Basically, its about doing a costume similar to Black Widow, but in Wanda's case, in dark red and with a cape.

And I think a headpiece could easily work. They only have to use a small one that doesnt take too much atention, and thats it. Spot on look.

If Magneto can wear a helmet, Captain America too, Ironman a full iron suit and Loki horns, I see no reason why a woman cant use a small metal headpiece.

The headpiece and cape would make Wanda to stand out much more and feel more iconic.
I agree and disagree.

The cape could work, the thong absolutely would not and the bodice/corset look wouldn't. Without those latter two she'd basically be generic costume plus a cape. They could possibly have a sleeveless tunic.

As for the headpiece. Magneto uses that to block telepathic attacks, Captain America and Iron Mans are to protect their skulls, with Iron Mans giving a HUd and Lokis is part of their culture with lots having horned helmets.

Wanda doesn't really need a reason as there is no reason for earrings or necklaces but it'd be weird without some reason shown.

Quote:
Yes and I got that but was there any reason to categorize people who watched these CBMs? You can't go around saying CBMs that are colourful are the kind that one would enjoy if they were a teenager, that would be insulting to someone who isn't.
"Colourful" could be taken as a descriptor or a denigration. I just took it as the former.

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 01-12-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #47
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree and disagree.

The cape could work, the thong absolutely would not and the bodice/corset look wouldn't. Without those latter two she'd basically be generic costume plus a cape. They could possibly have a sleeveless tunic.

As for the headpiece. Magneto uses that to block telepathic attacks, Captain America and Iron Mans are to protect their skulls, with Iron Mans giving a HUd and Lokis is part of their culture with lots having horned helmets.

Wanda doesn't really need a reason as there is no reason for earrings or necklaces but it'd be weird without some reason shown.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #48
kasjan
Side-Kick

I didn't wrote those movies are only for those groups, but who are mainly watch it. So it doesn't negate 60yo man will watch Thor movie.
Sorry if you're touched by my opinion, but I think Dark Knight and X2 tells about more mature aspects than just fighting this guy vs other guy. I would prefer to see sequence how Cap find himself in new reality, 2000+ world, that would be more interesting for me.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #49
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
I agree and disagree.

"Colourful" could be taken as a descriptor or a denigration. I just took it as the former.
Can't a girl just want to keep her hair off her face? :P

Old 01-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #50
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
My dad is in his 60s and loves the Marvel movies. I think he saw the last Thor movie twice. I'm in my 30s and I love them too. And I love that they're perfect for kids too, since my nephews love them.
Aw I agree, perfect for all audiences! If you don't like it, don't watch it

Closed Thread