The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #101
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 23

He is Wolverine. I can see no other actor in the role to be honest.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #102
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, tough to see otherwise. Especially after the last one. Better Wolverine now then he was when X1 was released. Been one of the times were age has helped the chracter imo.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #103
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Oh yeah the Wolverine was great up until that Robot fight. I just thought it was out of place for some reason but still a great movie overall. The extended cut is even better imo.

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #104
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
4 pages in the new thread already? Did something happen?
That was my first guess too, but no.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #105
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Oh yeah the Wolverine was great up until that Robot fight. I just thought it was out of place for some reason but still a great movie overall. The extended cut is even better imo.
I agree. But the way he portrayed the role was spot on and completely cut out the idea of recasting any time soon for me.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #106
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dollar Short View Post
That was my first guess too, but no.
I just read it all back. Womp.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #107
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Have you been living under a rock? They released Fast 5 last year and they'll release Fast 7 next year. They haven't rebooted yet.
We'll the last one I saw was terrible so I retreated under a rock when it came to that franchise, yes.

So they haven't rebooted. I've seen people talk of doing a soft reboot like how they did in the F&F movies

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 01-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #108
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

They surely can't be still editing the movie. They've been at it since September.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #109
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I agree. But the way he portrayed the role was spot on and completely cut out the idea of recasting any time soon for me.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
We'll the last one I saw was terrible so I retreated under a rock when it came to that franchise, yes.

So they haven't rebooted. I've seen people talk of doing a soft reboot like how they did in the F&F movies
They didn't reboot and I don't think there was ever a 'soft' reboot. The franchise is still going strong with the old cast (except Paul Walker R.I.P) and the new addition Dwayne Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
They surely can't be still editing the movie. They've been at it since September.
They probably still are. My bet is that they're working on the VFX and polishing them up.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #110
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Probably still scoring it because it is ottman doing both the edit and score. Then doing more edits to get it to what they want so it will probably be done around march.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Old 01-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #111
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Fast and Furious is Universal's One Franchise and they will keep going with that franchise until a newer successful one pops up.

Paul Walker's tragic death has put the franchise on hold, but it won't end the franchise. They'll keep going without him, in which they will retire his character peacefully.

Anyway, back to DOFP.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 01-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #112
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

I wonder if the Sentinals will speak, or be silent for the most part like Terminators?

Old 01-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #113
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I think they should remain silent like the terminators, it makes them more scary and menacing imo. I don't like idea of them speaking honestly.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #114
xrs13
Cold as ice

I think they should say something but I'm not sure what... maybe "target identified, initiate capture"

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen

Old 01-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #115
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
We must have watched different movies because I don't recall a robot in The Wolverine. I do remember Yashida being in a advanced suit of armor he was controlling...similar to Iron Man in ways. Last time I checked Iron Man wasn't a robot either.

Sorry for being a bit of a smart ass but I will never agree with the complaints of "what they did to Silver Samurai". As far as I'm concerned, I liked the movie version better.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #116
xrs13
Cold as ice

I think the issue I had with the Wolverine is that the third act became a bit too different than the rest of the movie. Dont get me wrong I still liked it, but I hated how Viper suddenly became the bald thing and was shoehorned in into being a physical villain rather than just sortof the sneaky thing she was throughout. I know that sounds weird but I just think she was quite good throughout but the last scenes were done so logan was fighting the samurai and yukio was fighting her. I would rather have had Logan and Yukio fight the samurai and Viper try to sneak off but get killed by Mariko with a knife here or there.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen

Old 01-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #117
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
We must have watched different movies because I don't recall a robot in The Wolverine. I do remember Yashida being in a advanced suit of armor he was controlling...similar to Iron Man in ways. Last time I checked Iron Man wasn't a robot either.

Sorry for being a bit of a smart ass but I will never agree with the complaints of "what they did to Silver Samurai". As far as I'm concerned, I liked the movie version better.
I'm with you. I was fine with the last act. Viper was a little shaky, but I dug the rest of it. Even more so that it wasn't a damsel-in-distress rescue thing. Those two ladies saved his ass a few times over in that finale.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #118
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I am distressingly close to 40, but I got to see all of the original Star Wars movies, and the first two Superman movies during their first release and saw Back to the Future on its opening weekend, so that makes it better.
"Distressingly close to 40"?

My heart weeps for you.

Seriously, say "Hi" to 40 for me...it's been a bit of time since I have last seen it.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #119
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post

You know what I meant. The mech-tech Silver Samurai suit. My point is that the last fight with Silver Samurai felt out of place. After having the first tow amazing acts, we end on that. Really? It was a great film,no doubt but the same thing happened with the first Iron man film. It was great up until Obadiah put on the Iron Monger suit. Took me right out of the film.

Last edited by TeeKay; 01-12-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #120
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just wanna see a great CBM regardless of which studio makes it. It's funny when I see people making ironic statements like these, "Avengers are good for teenagers and immature fanboys.", yet these people were there opening week-end to watch that very film. People tend to forget that these CBMs are based off actual 'comic books' and just because a particular CBM embraces the fact that it's based off a comic book, it doesn't mean it's for immature teenagers and fanboys because it's funny and doesn't take itself seriously. It's great to have variety within the these CBMs, you have your dark and gritty, your light-hearted and those that are in between. As a comic book fan, I'm glad to be getting all these comic book movies, I mean I never dreamed of the day we will see an Avengers movie, a Spiderman film, an X-Men film a Batman vs Superman film etc It's fine to have preference but people shouldn't trash another CBM because they prefer a particular one. It's pathetic to say the least. But whatever.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 01-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #121
xrs13
Cold as ice

.. really? this again pleaseeee god no ha

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen

Old 01-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #122
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post

Old 01-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #123
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Her powers will probably be watered down. They're too confusing and not that well defined in the comics though. Didn't she wipe all the mutants by just saying 'No more mutants'
Zatanna 'eat your heart out' eh? She(Wanda) became that powerful recently. If y ever saw Willow on Buffy,she didn't start off quite so powerful. I hoping the same for the Scarlet Witch.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 01-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #124
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Probably still scoring it because it is ottman doing both the edit and score. Then doing more edits to get it to what they want so it will probably be done around march.
It usually takes a couple months to score a film. In October Singer said Ottman was about to start writing it as editing was almost complete. In light of the Apocalypse news, I'm sure Singer's tinkering with things but the scoring should be done by now.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #125
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Zatanna 'eat your heart out' eh? She(Wanda) became that powerful recently. If y ever saw Willow on Buffy,she didn't start off quite so powerful. I hoping the same for the Scarlet Witch.
Come on now, if she reaches House of M power levels in live action, that would just ridiculous imo.

Quote:
It usually takes a couple months to score a film. In October Singer said Ottman was about to start writing it as editing was almost complete. In light of the Apocalypse news, I'm sure Singer's tinkering with things but the scoring should be done by now.
It has to be the VFX they're working on.

Closed Thread