The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 01-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #76
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: Michael Douglas is Hank Pym

Random, but I loved Michael Douglas in The Game.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #77
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Wright has been quite clear from the beginning with his intention of doing "To Steal an Ant-Man" with an older Pym. Comic purists will call foul; I say it sounds incredibly interesting and cool.
I agree that it sounds interesting. As far as comic purists....lol.

As long as there is AN Ant-Man that joins the Avengers I don't care which of the two are on the team.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #78
SpideyForPrez
Pandering to Webublicans

Okay, so Hank Pym/Ant-Man was never a character I cared a knew much about for awhile. I kind of saw him as Marvel's Aquaman. A joke. Then I read Dan Slott's run on Mighty Avengers a few years back, enjoyed him there, then later read some older Avengers comics with him and he's since become one of favorite Marvel characters

That being said, I'm a little bummed we won't be getting young Pym with The Avengers. However, everything else about this movies seems awesome! We will be getting Pym as Ant-Man during the flashbacks. The flashbacks are described as "Tales to Astonish" inspired, which knowing Edgar Wright will be freaking awesome and probably a little trippy. Not to mention that a "heist" comic book movie is unique and intriguing.

We also don't know for sure that Pym won't be in the Avengers. He could still be on the team in an advisory role. Making inventions and offering advice. From what I've read he hasn't always been the most "active" of Avengers, so that sort of role would still be somewhat loyal to the comics.

Either way, I'm super psyched for this. Douglas is a great actor and Rudd is always fun to watch. I can't wait to start seeing some costumes and villain casting news! I saw some comments earlier that people think Pym is the villain, but just saw a tweet from Variety saying that was the reporter's mistake.

Last edited by SpideyForPrez; 01-13-2014 at 05:36 PM.
SpideyForPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #79
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I'm no Ant-Man fan, I'll admit that but some of the reactions that are going on in over at CBM are ridiculous to say the least. I know that there are a few actual fans of the character. I doubt the ones over reacting and throwing tantrums are fans of the character.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #80
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Random, but I loved Michael Douglas in The Game.
he was better in Falling Down, imo.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #81
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Has Sam posted yet?

he's waiting a bit so people will forget that he didn't predict any of this.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #82
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Maybe Douglas and Rudd are both playing Hank? Maybe we will get some wacky time travel and Hank from the future will come back and mentor his younger self. Perhaps trying to correct past sins? Would go nicely with the usual self-loathing.

Well one can hope right?

Old 01-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #83
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Maybe Douglas and Rudd are both playing Hank? Maybe we will get some wacky time travel and Hank from the future will come back and mentor his younger self. Perhaps trying to correct past sins? Would go nicely with the usual self-loathing.

Well one can hope right?
It's been confirmed that Paul Rudd will be Scott Lang. Sorry.

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #84
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
It's been confirmed that Paul Rudd will be Scott Lang. Sorry.
Then I hate it, and I didn't want to, but I do.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #85
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I understand bro, I'm no Ant-Man fan so I don't have any sort of personal attachment to the character. Sorry.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #86
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
I understand bro, I'm no Ant-Man fan so I don't have any sort of personal attachment to the character. Sorry.
Same here and it's hilarious because from what we know, Pym isn't going to be involved with creating Ultron. So who cares which Ant-Man joins the Avengers now.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #87
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

Just a random thought... If we get a 60's-set prologue featuring Hank Pym in his prime as Edgar Wright mentioned a few years back, I would totally buy Alan Tudyk as a young Michael Douglas...

CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #88
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Same here and it's hilarious because from what we know, Pym isn't going to be involved with creating Ultron. So who cares which Ant-Man joins the Avengers now.
To be fair, Hank was the founding member of the Avengers. This is kinda of a bummer for the fans of the character. Scott will most likely be joining the Avengers, whether he becomes Giant Man or not is the real question here.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #89
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
To be fair, Hank was the founding member of the Avengers. This is kinda of a bummer for the fans of the character. Scott will most likely be joining the Avengers, whether he becomes Giant Man or not is the real question here.
Yes but fanboys/purists have had a number of years to get over Hank not being a founder in the movie universe. Now that we know he's also not involved with Ultron...they need to get over it.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #90
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Hard to say I'm not disappointed by this news.

I don't have anything against the Scott Lang character, but I've always been a fan of Hank Pym. And mainly, I'm disappointed that he won't be a part of the modern Avengers.

To me, Hank Pym has always been the infinitely more interesting and complex character.

Can anyone tell me the seminal stories that focused on Scott Lang? I can't really think of many.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #91
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes but fanboys/purists have had a number of years to get over Hank not being a founder in the movie universe. Now that we know he's also not involved with Ultron...they need to get over it.
What is this suppose to mean? So because you are a fan and are disappointed by this news, you are whiny and have to get over it?

I think you missed the point of these fan gathering forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Hard to say I'm not disappointed by this news.

I don't have anything against the Scott Lang character, but I've always been a fan of Hank Pym. And mainly, I'm disappointed that he won't be a part of the modern Avengers.

To me, Hank Pym has always been the infinitely more interesting and complex character.

Can anyone tell me the seminal stories that focused on Scott Lang? I can't really think of many.
Yep. And I get this feeling we are going to end up seeing a lot of Hank in Scott because Hank is the interesting one.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #92
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
here's one http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7Wef4c7pp5...er%2BSiege.jpg

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sourc...89744151764321

and Fraction's current run on FF was originally intended to be a Scott Lang mini-series. he's about to square off against Doctor Doom. it's been a lot of fun. the problem is that he never got a solo series; like Hank and Eric. his career has been one of guest-appearances. and there have been a few Pym appearances that, technically, should have been Lang appearances (Ant-Man's Big Christmas, for instance).

Last edited by Ant-manic; 01-13-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #93
Wolverine's Run
Side-Kick

This casting gets me pretty excited, even if Michael Douglas can't be phyical in an action movie kind of way I have to believe that he was cast for a reason. I think he will bring a presence to the movie that can be very beneficial, Wright is a big film buff so I have to believe he knows the right way to use him.

Wolverine's Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #94
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildur´s Heir View Post
I still remember a time where everyone hated all comic book movies because they weren't equal to the comic to the smallest details.
Now, everyone loves everything as long it has Marvel in it.

Both are pathetic!
Nah...the pathetic people are the ones who constantly try to make themselves feel better about themselves by insulting the opinions of the people who don't share theirs....so I suggest you cut it out.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #95
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Without a doubt.

This is just *****ing AWFUL in every way. Marvel has lost me on this project. Worse, I may take to loud bashing and I've backed EVERY MARVEL project ever. Making Hank Pym 70 years old with any actor just pisses me off beyond belief.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #96
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
To Steal an Ant-Man

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #97
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
We don't know that entirely yet.

As many have speculated, Hank may be the creator of the tech that makes Ultron, Jarvis, and all Advanced A.I. possible.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #98
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
You can't really say that though, this isn't the Mandarin situation. How would you feel if your favorite character got the shaft in favour of someone else? The only people I would say they need to get over it are the ones throwing tantrums saying things like they want Wright lynched or they'll boycott the film. Those are the people that need to shut the **** up. Fans of the character are coming out and saying they're dissapointed by this not throwing tantrums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
What is this suppose to mean? So because you are a fan and are disappointed by this news, you are whiny and have to get over it?

I think you missed the point of these fan gathering forums.

Yep. And I get this feeling we are going to end up seeing a lot of Hank in Scott because Hank is the interesting one.
At least you're being civil in regards this whole news. There are some people who are over-reacting and throwing tantrums.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #99
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
To Steal an Ant-Man

Well, duh.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #100
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
To Steal an Ant-Man
Kinda fits with this whole situation doesn't it? I mean no disrepect to the fans of Pym.