The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #426
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Default Re: MOS 2 and Justice League being filmed simultaneously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
What hasn't been smooth about it? The delay?

Marvel Studios delayed Thor and the Avengers by 10 months as well.
It's a significant push, no matter which project or studio does it. You don't think so?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #427
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Marvelous View Post
B

Funny that you bring up Iron Man 3. The one that got a solid critical rating and 1.2 Billion Worldwide?
Because of the success of The Avengers. It was riding the waves of that movie.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #428
Chip Chipperson
Batfleck's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Why exclude Chris Nolan?
because without the Nolan trilogy, DC has nothing compared to Marvel, cinematic universe-wise.

BELIEVE IN THE FLECK.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #429
Capt. Marvelous
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
May I ask...what is the big trouble that you're seeing?

This one movie has pushed its release by a what, 8-10 months? That happens in other movies too, and it's not always a sign of 'incompetence'. Do we know that the rest of the sky is falling at WB somehow? 'Cauz all I see is just a little longer wait on this movie.
I'd say 'incompetent' is apt. Watch this and you'll get what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgj7b...tailpage#t=798

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdf2...etailpage#t=76

Old 02-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #430
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
because without the Nolan trilogy, DC has nothing compared to Marvel, cinematic universe-wise.
Why exclude it though he was making a property that belonged to WB/DC? It made them money,.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #431
Chip Chipperson
Batfleck's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Why exclude it though he was making a property that belonged to WB/DC? It made them money,.
because that is pretty much the only property that comes close to making avengers money.

I know a lot of people don't want to hear it, but Batman is far and away the biggest draw for WB/DC, its the reason superman didn't get his own sequel.

BELIEVE IN THE FLECK.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #432
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Marvel delayed Thor and The Avengers by 10 months as well.

Are Marvel Studios incompetent?

Other movies with significant delays:
Star Wars 7
Pirates 5
Captain America
Thor 2
Captain Phillips
Elysium
Gravity
Man of Steel
Star Trek
Star Trek Into Darkness
Harry Potter 6
etc

Are all these studios incompetent?

Old 02-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #433
Rocketman
Side-Kick

So what I'm gathering here is that the most successful superhero trilogy of all-time (and might I add the first movie that actually REALLY had a chance at an Oscar Best Picture, and is to date the ONLY comic book series that included an actor winning an Oscar) "doesn't really count because it's Nolan and it's Batman."

K, got it. And Iron Man 3 somehow indicates a bigger success for Marvel because of money.

I mean... Christ, Marvel could make 20 more movies and it wouldn't touch anything WB did with three movies alone. Iron Man 17 could make 500 BILLION DOLLARS and I wouldn't be too impressed. Ever heard the phrase Quality versus Quantity?

In my eyes, WB can truly just sit back and relax. Everything we get from them in the future is a bonus.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:53 PM   #434
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Nothing much, just that all the blogs/comic sites were going by what was twittered or speculated about things 'still being on track' and still shooting in Feb....and in the meantime, there was no film crew in Detroit.
But I thought you meant that you had info that confirmed that films back to back won't be happening. so it was sarcasm?

Old 02-17-2014, 10:33 PM   #435
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
No that's true, I'm talking about a conversation from back when the delay was announced, and there were 'reports' that shooting was 'back on schedule'. Same person on the crew.
But what can you say about the back to back?

Old 02-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #436
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Exactly what I said before, the only thing that's scheduled for this production is BvS.
Thanks for the info. we have to wait and see.. anything can happen..

Old 02-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #437
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
What do you mean? They're not gong to suddenly schedule an entire other production right on the tails of this one if they haven't already.
No, No... just hoping there's a Justice League announcement soon.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #438
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
DC just launched their 'cinematic universe'.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #439
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
because that is pretty much the only property that comes close to making avengers money.

I know a lot of people don't want to hear it, but Batman is far and away the biggest draw for WB/DC, its the reason superman didn't get his own sequel.
WB making a crossover movie will be their best chance of making 'Avengers Money'. It was marvels best chance...Ergo the real reason why Batman is in this next film.

Interesting to note just how many of these new age films Man of Steel beat out box office wise, including Batman Begins, the film that similarly rebooted DC's "biggest draw". For some reason MOS isn't afforded the same perspective.

You want to make avengers money, you throw a bunch of heroes together and release a marketing storm around the film. Notice how the majority of marvel films perform without the crossover novelty element. (not as good as MOS). Pay attention to the boost in Ironman revenue pre vs post avengers and what such a thing would mean for the BvS crossover.

If WB really wanted to cop marvel's successful strategy, they should have had MOS end with Batman's chair spinning in the cave, given how much buzz the batman announcement caused on premise alone...would have no doubt given MOS a few extra bucks. Sadly wb isn't so shrewd, that would be the competition.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:13 AM   #440
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it's a misnomer to say that they are incompetent. It's a given that they know how to make films.. Warner Brothers has been making Productions for over 100 years. Without question they know how to make movies and it would be inappropriate to call them incompetent. Now, the fact that a decision was made to possibly film to movies at once may have been a decision that was made recently. This could be the reason why there was a delay. Keep in mind the Snyder and Goyer just recently (this past July) announced that they were going to make the Superman/Batman film and I am goung to bet that the proposal to fill the Justice League movie along with it was made within that time frame. Knowing that the more complex production would take much longer, they decided to delay the release of the first film. The plus from that, though is that you will get two releases in subsequent years and the opportunity to jockey for a good relese date between May and July of 2016.

Last edited by dnno1; 02-18-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:39 AM   #441
Capt. Marvelous
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I think its a misnomer to say that they are incompetent. it's a given that they know how to make films.. Warner Brothers has been making Productions for over 100 years. Without question they know how to make movies and it would be inappropriate to call them incompetent. Now, the fact that a decision was made to possibly film to movies at once may have been a decision that was made recently. This could be the reason why there was a delay keep in mind the Snyder and Goyer just recently (this past July) announceds that they were going to make the Superman/Batman film and I am goung to bet that the proposal to fill the Justice League movie along with it was made with him that time frame. Knowing that the more complex production would take much longer, they decided to delay the release of the first film. The plus from that, though is that you will get two releases in subsequent years and the opportunity to jockey for a good relese date between May and July of 2016.

They aren't shooting Justice League back to back with BvS.

Again, that was a bogus report from a BS movie site.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #442
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Movies get delayed all the time from every studio, but when it happens with a DC property it's because they're incompetent?

Old 02-18-2014, 02:09 AM   #443
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
Movies get delayed all the time from every studio, but when it happens with a DC property it's because they're incompetent?
That's just logical friend... RIGHT?

Marvel does not have the rights to make films for 3 of it's biggest and most well known franchises (X-MEN, SPIDER-MAN, FANTASTIC FOUR) but that's not held against them.

THOR THE DARK WORLD and AGENTS OF SHIELD are considered mediocre at best by a lot of people. Not a black mark.

MARVEL ANIMATION continues to churn out some truly bad product under the leadership of Jeph Loeb. Nope, it's all cool beans.

MAN OF STEEL makes $650 million at the box office, sells Blu Ray/DVD like hotcakes, turns Cavill into a Hollywood leading man and sex symbol, it's follow up film will have Batman and Wonder Woman and could be the start of WB doing more films featuring more DC properties even if they do not get solo films. DC animation still puts out the superior product (Since the whole "hey let's cancel EARTH's MIGHTIEST HEROES" think worked so well) and ARROW is not looking to be going anywhere anytime soon, plus it's spawning a another tv series. But no.... WB is totally incompetent. Five to seven years ago I might concur. This idea now? Well I don't just want to see this meme put to bed, I want to smother it with a pillow and listen to it's death rattle.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:43 AM   #444
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ I don't think it's really about logic for some people, Krypton. Some people just hate DC or mos and choose to voice that opinion over and over on a DC board. I don't know why. Perhaps it makes them feel vindicated in some way. To people who hate everything (I'm not talking about folks that have criticisms, I'm talking about the ones that have nothing positive to say), everything that happens with regards to this project is seen as a clue that it's inferior or will fail. They don't care if the criticisms are fair, they just want more fuel to complain and argue about. That's my take on it.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #445
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
DC just launched their 'cinematic universe'.
N got reboot.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #446
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
People don't hate DC. You're on a Superman/Batman forum. Everyone who posts here loves DC.

I love DC.

But you can't ignore the evidence. They announced this movie only 2 years out and they didn't have a title, script, or cast yet. They were just desperate for headlines.

When you make an announcement that big and you do it in that fashion, only to go back on your word a few months later because you didn't have your s*** together (which everyone kinda suspected to begin with)..... then yes, that is the definition of incompetence.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 AM   #447
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
They aren't shooting Justice League back to back with BvS.

Again, that was a bogus report from a BS movie site.
Yeah, Latino Review is a BS website... I don't think so. No one has denied this and the clues are pointing to it.

Last edited by dnno1; 02-18-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #448
Juha Bach
Side-Kick

You know with all the praise marvel studio gets, one would think they constantly produce masterpiece comic book movies which unfortunately has yet to occur. And the way some people talk about avengers money as if it is epitome of success for studios when avatar is clearly the box office heavyweight. WB may have it faults and flaws, but there is no other studio i would rather prefer to own the DC property rights than them. Eventually they will come good.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #449
Lord
All Mighty

WB also holds the rights for live-action Bleach from what i remember. That may be of interest to you, Juha Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #450
Juha Bach
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
WB also holds the rights for live-action Bleach from what i remember. That may be of interest to you, Juha Bach
If they ever make one, hopefully isn't as bad as the Dragon ball evolution.

Closed Thread