The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 10

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
HUMANIMAL- don't be an ass.

BattleAngle- don't be so sensitive.

So, that's cleared that up.

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Regwec, may I humbly request that you stop being so level headed, even keeled, thoughtful in your comments, and well heeled in your preference of Batsuit details? Thanks again for being a voice of reason.

For Imjenn and Boom, here's a quick crack at the belt. I needed to go eat some chocolate lol.

I do think it would be fun to do a Batsuit duel. Not one fuelled by an argument, but just something timed where those of us who like making Batfleck images could show our take on things given some common starting points and a time limit. Like Top Chef. "Hands up, Lassos and magic wands DOWN."

Old 01-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #5
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - Part 11

^ Batsuit duel would be fun. Gotta watch out for JMC, though

Old 01-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
HUMANIMAL

i thought it was about fun...not competition...

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 01-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #7
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ Batsuit duel would be fun. Gotta watch out for JMC, though
yeah he'll burn all of us

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #8
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel View Post

I like the look of this. That's a badass batsuit and the overall look/background of the picture is the kind of batman imagery I like.

And a batsuit duel could be fun. I wouldn't compete, but I'd like to see what people come up with.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #9
HUMANIMAL

i sure hope that i'll get back to old strength next week without the struggles of the real world

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 01-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #10
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
Regwec, may I humbly request that you stop being so level headed, even keeled, thoughtful in your comments, and well heeled in your preference of Batsuit details? Thanks again for being a voice of reason.

For Imjenn and Boom, here's a quick crack at the belt. I needed to go eat some chocolate lol.

I do think it would be fun to do a Batsuit duel. Not one fuelled by an argument, but just something timed where those of us who like making Batfleck images could show our take on things given some common starting points and a time limit. Like Top Chef. "Hands up, Lassos and magic wands DOWN."
Friendly observation. Assuming you're using Photoshop, the hexagon texture you've applied would have a more natural application if you set it over the original image via a displacement (texture) map. That way it'll wrap around contours, curves, etc. as opposed to being placed over them. Basically it adds dimension to the texture. Here's a tutorial on how to do just that http://www.photoshopessentials.com/p...s/texture-map/

Old 01-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #11
HUMANIMAL

now thats what i'm talking about ;-) good tutorial btw

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 01-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #12
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
now thats what i'm talking about ;-) good tutorial btw
Should have linked a displacement map tutorial in the first place It's not like these are trade secrets or whatever.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #13
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post
Friendly observation. Assuming you're using Photoshop, the hexagon texture you've applied would have a more natural application if you set it over the original image via a displacement (texture) map. That way it'll wrap around contours, curves, etc. as opposed to being placed over them. Basically it adds dimension to the texture. Here's a tutorial on how to do just that http://www.photoshopessentials.com/p...s/texture-map/
Thanks! I wish the texture thing hadn't ever happened... I really only applied it because someone thought it might look better. I like the original.

But thank you for the *constructive* and instructive feedback I'm using something called Sumopaint - it's a free flash based software. I basically don't have many options with the free version - the most sophisticated thing it can do (or that I know how to use anyway) is making a layer a screen, for things like smoke effects. Otherwise, it's just lasso/airbrush/transparency for me. But I think I'll upgrade to photoshop at some point. The way I do the texture, I size/angle it with a free-transform option for each limb/chest, and then I just delete what's around it using the eraser. I did a really sloppy job on the above pic because I didn't ever plan on the texture being part of the final manip, but I've merged it down so much that I don't have the ability to use the more modern elements with the non-texture suit.

Looks like I'm going to have to have to find a new texture, too.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #14
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Imjenn, this is for you.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #15
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
Thanks! I wish the texture thing hadn't ever happened... I really only applied it because someone thought it might look better. I like the original.

But thank you for the *constructive* and instructive feedback I'm using something called Sumopaint - it's a free flash based software. I basically don't have many options with the free version - the most sophisticated thing it can do (or that I know how to use anyway) is making a layer a screen, for things like smoke effects. Otherwise, it's just lasso/airbrush/transparency for me. But I think I'll upgrade to photoshop at some point. The way I do the texture, I size/angle it with a free-transform option for each limb/chest, and then I just delete what's around it using the eraser. I did a really sloppy job on the above pic because I didn't ever plan on the texture being part of the final manip, but I've merged it down so much that I don't have the ability to use the more modern elements with the non-texture suit.

Looks like I'm going to have to have to find a new texture, too.
Adobe is offering Photoshop CS2 for free at the moment. You just need to create an Adobe ID. http://gizmodo.com/5973730/grab-phot...ree-right-here

Old 01-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #16
HUMANIMAL

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 01-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #17
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Generally speaking amateurs in manipulation threads have no grounds to be talking smack to other amateurs in manipulations threads.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.

Last edited by Saint; 01-13-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #18
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Ok... Just registered. There's so much stuff on this site! My head is spinning a little, but hopefully I can figure out what to download. Thanks for the help - BatFan1979 tipped me to this, but it seemed a bit overwhelming. Still does, but if the program really makes this that much easier, I will give it a shot!

Old 01-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #19
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Generally speaking amateurs in manipulation threads have no grounds to be talking smack other amateurs in manipulations threads.
you must be great at chess...you got that for you, which is nice.

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #20
John-An
Yahtzee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post

Old 01-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #21
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
What you're describing is kind of like http://layertennis.com/

Mig, the season 3 champ on there, was pretty much the guy who inspired the **** of me in college (we both went to the Illinois Institute of Art, year ahead of me)

Old 01-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #22
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

^
That sounds really fun. Watching now! Bad ass.

Well, folks, I gotta say that while I know I'm being way too sensitive, that stupid argument really took the fun out of this for me, at least for now. I can't seem to get photoshop installed properly, and maybe I'll try to make something new when I get it up and running to try out some of the cool stuff a few of you have suggested. Until then, I don't know how much fun making manipulated "collages" can really be. Time to take a break and just check out some of the lovely stuff the rest of you make. Hopefully we'll get an official Batfleck image before too long.

Meowver and meowt.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #23
Imjenn
Subvisser 32

Quote:

Now that belt looks like it could hold some gadgets. Well done and thanks

Old 01-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #24
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

A well done version of the blue and grey would be soooo sweet. The all-black serves it's purpose in the context of both Burtonverse and Nolanverse. But this Batman's look will have to fit in more casual circumstances, straighter dialogue scenes and more out of his element/contex - which for a more dynamic looking suit is needed. And personally, while I think black and grey also can look great, I prefer the blue.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:50 PM   #25
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
A well done version of the blue and grey would be soooo sweet. The all-black serves it's purpose in the context of both Burtonverse and Nolanverse. But this Batman's look will have to fit in more casual circumstances, straighter dialogue scenes and more out of his element/contex - which for a more dynamic looking suit is needed. And personally, while I think black and grey also can look great, I prefer the blue.
The thing is, how do we know that Snyder's Batman is based on casual circumstances? If his Superman is serious, then I'm not sure that Batman won't be.

Closed Thread