The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #26
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - Part 11

^ I think Superman should lighten up as he learns that he's an influential figurehead, but still maintain an underlying seriousness, especially as Clark.

He should smile and cheerfully fly around when patrolling, but his smile should fade when something doesn't look right or he's addressing a serious issue.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #27
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ I think Superman should lighten up as he learns that he's an influential figurehead, but still maintain an underlying seriousness, especially as Clark.

He should smile and cheerfully fly around when patrolling, but his smile should fade when something doesn't look right or he's addressing a serious issue.

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 01-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #28
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

No, I really want to see more of this

But not to the point that you have him smiling when he shouldn't.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #29
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
No, I really want to see more of this

But not to the point that you have him smiling when he shouldn't.
One of the first times ever he's flying and he's not allowed to smile according to you? I would be if it was the first time I was flying wouldn't you.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:52 PM   #30
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I'm saying he SHOULD smile. And this is a great shot of him smiling!

Old 01-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #31
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:

I'm saying he SHOULD smile. And this is a great shot of him smiling!
I didn't see your top post, just the post where you said they shouldn't have him smiling when he shouldn't. When you read that and see the gif you posted without seein the earlier post, it comes off differently

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:15 PM   #32
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Jumping back into the snake pit, here... Obviously this is not one of mine, but I thought it might be worth noting that it's possible to do the white eyes practically and have it look *good.* The glow is possibly done in post, but this was a guy's costume, and it was presented as though if it's just a photo.

Anyway, I really think white eyes of about that shape are the main thing that I want to see in the new approach.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #33
InJustice
Side-Kick

Wayne Enterprises introduces theeeeeeeee Iron Bat - Mark 47

As for the white-eyes effect, then you're gonna have people question how Bruce gets the white-eye effect as he transitions into Batman, especially if Snyder's world is supposedly a "realistic" world. Personally, I don't really see the point of having white-eyes.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 PM   #34
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel View Post
Jumping back into the snake pit, here... Obviously this is not one of mine, but I thought it might be worth noting that it's possible to do the white eyes practically and have it look *good.* The glow is possibly done in post, but this was a guy's costume, and it was presented as though if it's just a photo.

Anyway, I really think white eyes of about that shape are the main thing that I want to see in the new approach.
Iron-bat? no thanks...

Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 PM   #35
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Night-vision. An information feed. A way to appear inhuman, and hard to understand. Maybe a video camera built into the mask, with the lenses that both view and record. http://www.technologyreview.com/news...t-the-glasses/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSnB06um5r4

Real world technology for lens-computer is developing. Since this is becoming the DCU world, it doesn't have to be bound by "real world" plausibility.

That being said

A Ghent lens that causes an LCD to FORM over the eyes. http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/lc...-eye-1C7474882

A blueish-white light would be a nice way to show that effect.

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 01-13-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:25 PM   #36
John-An

Quote:
^ Night-vision. An information feed. Maybe a video camera built into the mask, with the lenses that both view and record. http://www.technologyreview.com/news...t-the-glasses/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSnB06um5r4
I do like the white lenses but the rest of the suit is awful especially the cowl and the cape????

Old 01-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #37
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Wayne Enterprises introduces theeeeeeeee Iron Bat - Mark 47

As for the white-eyes effect, then you're gonna have people question how Bruce gets the white-eye effect as he transitions into Batman, especially if Snyder's world is supposedly a "realistic" world. Personally, I don't really see the point of having white-eyes.
By transitions into Batman, you do mean putting on the suit, right? And by "realistic," you mean one with humanoid aliens with near godlike powers and technology more advanced than ours by thousands of years, right?

The lenses would be built into his mask... which he puts on his head when he's transitioning into Batman. The point, besides intimidation factor (and cool visual factor) as we've discussed a zillion times, is the idea that the lenses have a HUD that feeds Batman all kinds of information, ie. detective mode just for starts. The other reasons that I like it are that it is (to me) the single best thing (besides his jaw line) that turns Fleck into Batman, judging from my favorite of the Batfleck manips (collages?), as well as a time honored traditional aspect of the Batsuit which has never been seen on film. Also Snyder has the visual chops to pull it off and make it look great.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #38
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
I do like the white lenses but the rest of the suit is awful especially the cowl and the cape????
TBH, makes me think of the Azreal Batsuit. Good think the poster didn't do it

Old 01-13-2014, 11:30 PM   #39
John-An

Quote:
By transitions into Batman, you do mean putting on the suit, right? And by "realistic," you mean one with humanoid aliens with near godlike powers and technology more advanced than ours by thousands of years, right?

The lenses would be built into his mask... which he puts on his head when he's transitioning into Batman. The point, besides intimidation factor (and cool visual factor) as we've discussed a zillion times, is the idea that the lenses have a HUD that feeds Batman all kinds of information, ie. detective mode just for starts. The other reasons that I like it are that it is (to me) the single best thing (besides his jaw line) that turns Fleck into Batman, judging from my favorite of the Batfleck manips (collages?), as well as a time honored traditional aspect of the Batsuit which has never been seen on film. Also Snyder has the visual chops to pull it off and make it look great.
I do like your idea. hope snyder does that in the new suit (smth similar maybe) but the suit in which the lenses are placed is pretty lame.
But I get your point

Old 01-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #40
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do like your idea. hope snyder does that in the new suit (smth similar maybe) but the suit in which the lenses are placed is pretty lame.
But I get your point
Oh yeah, that dude's suit is fugly as hell. The only even remotely cool thing about it, for me, is the eyes.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:34 PM   #41
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I like the Nite Owl goggles. If the glass was small and transparent, allowing the eyes to be seen unless the screen "turns on", that'd be neat

But yeah, that ugly black robot costume..needs to stay on ugly black robots

Old 01-13-2014, 11:37 PM   #42
John-An

Quote:
TBH, makes me think of the Azreal Batsuit. Good think the poster didn't do it
True. more robot but yeah.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:38 PM   #43
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like the Nite Owl goggles. If the glass was small and transparent, allowing the eyes to be seen unless the screen "turns on", that'd be neat

But yeah, that ugly black robot costume..needs to stay on ugly black robots
Amen, but the size and shape of them are just about right. Someone on one of the earlier versions of the thread (it could have been you, Coco?) suggested a flexible sort of mask that would be pliable enough to show a little expression. Between the luminosity of the lenses, and the ability for the brows/cheeks to have a little flexibility (plus the white lenses being executed with really subtle CGI), I think there could be quite a large range of emotions.

I think the much harder thing for me to imagine Bruce doing, while he "transitions into Batman" is putting on a ton of black eye makeup. Even stranger in the previous movies is how that eye makeup seems to just magically appear.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:39 PM   #44
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Realistic isn't my word, it is what Snyder and Goyer were aiming for in Man of Steel (and hence the quotations). Otherwise, yes, it is realistic insofar as its placing Superman in real-world scenario.

And yes, I meant to say putting on the suit.

Quote:
If it's to show detective mode, I'd have no problems with that. Though, I'd rather they were high-tech contacts that Wayne puts on before suiting up, instead of being part of the suit itself.

As for intimidation, I don't necessarily believe that it makes him more intimidating: you already have the otherworldly/demonic costuming, plus the fact that under dark lightning, the criminals wouldn't be able to see Batman's eyes. I'd imagine from a psychological standpoint, the beastly nature of Batman, and the inability to see Batman's eyes, let alone his real face is more intimidating than white eyes. I don't think it's cool either, but that's just me.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #45
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Iron-bat? no thanks...
why does he have a george foreman grill on his forehead?

Old 01-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #46
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
why does he have a george foreman grill on his forehead?
It's a bat-grill, designed to grill Bat-hamburgers with a side order of bat-fries and BatPepsi in McBatDonalds.

Batman takes a bite out of crime.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:18 AM   #47
geeks_are_cool
Newbie First Class

i wanted to share this guys batsuit, which i totally love (the cowl especially)

i think its based on the arkham suit - if the first pic of the new suit was something like this i'd be very happy

you can see more https://www.facebook.com/ArkhamKnights

Old 01-14-2014, 05:19 AM   #48
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Holy **** you just made my heart jump out. I scrolled down quickly and seriously thought that was Affleck in the new suit for a second.

That's an awesome suit by the way.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-14-2014, 05:35 AM   #49
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Yeah not bad.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #50
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

It's nice. For a fan costume.

Closed Thread