The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Which pairing would you prefer, in BvS?
Wonder Woman + Batman 19 27.14%
Wonder Woman + Superman 4 5.71%
Neither 47 67.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2014, 12:32 AM   #26
Elayis

Default Re: Should Wonder Woman be Batman's love interest in BvS?

Neither.

Elayis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:33 AM   #27
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Yep.

I can't see WW being swayed by men. She grew up on an island of women and is a devoted warrior.
Until she gets the taste of the D, then she'll be flocking onto every guy possible...

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #28
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

D's are magically powered on Paradise Island.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:05 AM   #29
Frodo
Side-Kick

I vote neither as well .

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:07 AM   #30
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Not at first, but eventually, sure.

Beginning: Superman&Lois, WW&Trevor

Middle: Supes&WW (when prior relationships don't work out. Leads to global problems and both decide to end the relationship)
Middle: WW&Bats (a brief crush that goes nowhere when they realize how incompatible they are)

End (happily ever after): Superman&Lois (till she dies of old age), WW&Trevor (till he dies of old age), Bruce&Selina grow old together

Epilogue: Way later, after Lois and Trevor have long since passed, Superman&WW choose to grow old together, ala Kingdom Come.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-16-2014 at 02:47 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #31
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I was always a fan of how the Batman/Wonder Woman relationship was treated in the JL cartoons; I'd like to see that on the big screen, but if they don't do that then Wonder Woman should be by herself with no love interest.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:54 AM   #32
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Superman/Wonder Woman will never happen in this continuity, but I have a soft spot for their pairing in the comics.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:46 AM   #33
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

I don't mind WW+B flirting. But honestly, I'd prefer the movie focuses on something else.

OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #34
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If Wonder Woman were debuting in her own film, then I wouldn't mind her having a love interest in the form of Steve Trevor. However, given that she is not starring in her own film and how she will likely not be the LEAD of the film as well...then it wouldn't be a great message to people if they introduced her like this as being either Batman's or Superman's love interest.

Wonder Woman needs to prove herself as a competent and great character on her own first in order for the desire and demand of her own solo film to come about.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #35
Lord
All Mighty

Please none, let her stand on her oun, if anything Superman and Batman have more chemistry together

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #36
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Please none, let her stand on her oun, if anything Superman and Batman have more chemistry together
Well, it's true.

lc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #37
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

I like the chemistry of WW Batman in JL cartoon they better show something like that or else completely don't show any relationship .
also don't want any amateur scenes of supes,bats or WW either

SilentWarriorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #38
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I always hated any romance between Superman and Wonder Woman. It always seems so fake and forced.

Batman and Wonder Woman on the other hand makes more sense... She would be attracted to him but Bruce being Bruce would fight any feelings he has for her.

It doesn't make her a love interest. It;s just mutual attraction.

Justice League tip-toed around it just enough and made it very effective:

I'll miss you dad! xx

Last edited by Pfeiffer-Pfan; 01-18-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #39
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Neither, Diana's love interest should be Steve Trevor

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #40
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
Neither, Diana's love interest should be Steve Trevor
Yep,This.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #41
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
I always hated any romance between Superman and Wonder Woman. It always seems so fake and forced.

Batman and Wonder Woman on the other hand makes more sense... She would be attracted to him but Bruce being Bruce would fight any feelings he has for her.

It doesn't make her a love interest. It;s just mutual attraction.

Justice League tip-toed around it just enough and made it very effective:

I loved their relationship in JL & JLU. I think keeping it at the level at least for the first film would be great.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #42
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

I was hoping for some kind of flirtation between Bruce and Lois,but I'm thinking they're probably going to transfer that to Bruce & Diana.

I'm still not convinced WW should have more than a cameo in this film to begin with,so it's tough to assign a romantic partner to her in her first film appearance.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #43
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I was always a fan of how the Batman/Wonder Woman relationship was treated in the JL cartoons; I'd like to see that on the big screen, but if they don't do that then Wonder Woman should be by herself with no love interest.
I agree. I loved their relationship in the JL cartoon, even if it didn't go very far. If that kind of flirtation/mutual attraction is mimicked on screen that would be awesome. But if not that's okay too. WW is still an amazing character, love interest or not.

If anything I'd really like the camaraderie of Bats, WW, and Superman to be explored more; the tension, friendship, clashing and all. After all, they are the definitive DC Trinity.

(And please, for the love of God, no freaking love triangle between any of these characters. That is so distasteful.)

Old 01-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #44
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Neither.

Bullseye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:32 AM   #45
Elayis

Since we'll be lucky if we get five (four more) films with Henry Cavill as Superman, I honestly doubt that he and Lois will ever split up... that is if they even decide to devote much screen time to their relationship at all. The only way I see Superman and Wonder Woman having a relationship is if Amy Adams leaves the franchise, which is certainly possible; I'm not sure she's the type to sign a multi-picture deal (then again, I wouldn't have thought Gwyneth Paltrow was either).

Batman and Wonder Woman doesn't make any sense to me. But then again, I've never liked Bruce ever having a romantic relationship, at least not an ongoing one while he's Batman. Everything is about the mission, he's doesn't have time for anything else. Any sexual desires he has are taken care of with models when he's in playboy mode. Romance for him would be an unnecessary and unwanted distraction.

But more importantly, I don't see why Diana would ever be interested in him, or vice versa. Diana's a warrior and a killer, and Bruce is too single/small minded. Same goes for Superman. Clark would never be able to tolerate the fact that, as a soldier, Diana will kill without compunction and have no regrets.

I don't like melodramatic romance, in any film, but especially not in superhero movies.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:37 AM   #46
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Ever hear of opposites attract?

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:58 AM   #47
Elayis

Maybe superficially. It would be a fling (or even just one encounter) at best. If this were the comics or a tv show, it could work (though that's not something that would interest me). In a film, time is very limited, and I just can't see them bothering with entangling any of the leads in short-term romances. It'd be fine if they were only in one movie (plenty of action franchises have love interests appearing in only one film), but I can't see them wasting WW as a rebound or a fling.

Why does every man/woman relationship in fiction have to be about sex? It's certainly not like that in real life.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:19 AM   #48
StarLord
It's Horchata, man.

Maybe a bit of harmless flirting, but nothing beyond that.

I'd like them to focus on Lois and Clark's story without adding another pointless plot for fan service.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #49
Elayis

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Maybe a bit of harmless flirting, but nothing beyond that.

I'd like them to focus on Lois and Clark's story without adding another pointless plot for fan service.
My thoughts exactly. I hope WB doesn't interfere and force relationship drama on this film like they did with The Hobbit.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #50
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elayis View Post
Since we'll be lucky if we get five (four more) films with Henry Cavill as Superman, I honestly doubt that he and Lois will ever split up... that is if they even decide to devote much screen time to their relationship at all. The only way I see Superman and Wonder Woman having a relationship is if Amy Adams leaves the franchise, which is certainly possible; I'm not sure she's the type to sign a multi-picture deal (then again, I wouldn't have thought Gwyneth Paltrow was either).

Batman and Wonder Woman doesn't make any sense to me. But then again, I've never liked Bruce ever having a romantic relationship, at least not an ongoing one while he's Batman. Everything is about the mission, he's doesn't have time for anything else. Any sexual desires he has are taken care of with models when he's in playboy mode. Romance for him would be an unnecessary and unwanted distraction.

But more importantly, I don't see why Diana would ever be interested in him, or vice versa. Diana's a warrior and a killer, and Bruce is too single/small minded. Same goes for Superman. Clark would never be able to tolerate the fact that, as a soldier, Diana will kill without compunction and have no regrets.

I don't like melodramatic romance, in any film, but especially not in superhero movies.
No, Please no!!!! Wonder Woman's about peace, her Conception even came with the idea of reforming criminals, those that write her as a cold hearted killer/ air headed warrior are usually those that don't even know the first thing about her and don't respect the writting that came before, and as a whole, the reason her comics history has become such a mess.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote