The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 03-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #76
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: What Batman gadgets do you want to see in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis4u View Post
star wars is my favorite movie and batman my favorite (super)hero... ... i can only say THIS IS AWESOME..
Have you ever read the reasoning behind it?

http://comicsalliance.com/batman-the...nes-interview/

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:12 AM   #77
luis4u
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Have you ever read the reasoning behind it?

http://comicsalliance.com/batman-the...nes-interview/
thanks Excellent interview! B&B is my all time favorite cartoon! It's just brilliant! some many obscured characters..

luis4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:32 AM   #78
regwec
Shakespearo

Blue lightsabers are too unrealistic. It should be black. For teh stealthy.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #79
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
20,000 posts. Well done, sir.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #80
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Whatever the story demands and nothing more.

I'm excited for the drones.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #81
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post

But, I really want to see the grapel gun again. After seeing how it was used in the Gotham Knight DTV, I was disappointed Nolan didn't do the same thing since it was "kinda sorta" the same universe.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 03-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #82
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

+1 to bat-snacks.

OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #83
Superman_200
Superman

I would like to see something that makes me see why someone would be afraid of him. Weaponry, serious weaponry. I don't really give 2 ***** if it is something in the comics or not. Batman is Batman no matter what kind of toys he has with him. I am not saying give him a gun, but give him something other than a rope he swings from and smoke and stuff like that. The SWAT team has that, he should have things others don't. If he is going to be knocking people out with one punch (like he has a lot of times in the movies, of course except when it comes to the last bad guy) give an explanation as to why he has a magical punch. Stun-guns by his hands, iron glad gloves so when he punches someone he is sure to be breaking bone, etc. because even a big guy like Kimbo Slice will not knock people out as quickly as Batman. Another thing should be explaining what kind of martial art he uses. It shouldn't be krav maga, or judo, silat, etc. none of that stuff that I can find by going on YouTube. Present something unique.

If he has a fighting style that can be found on YouTube or anything like that, maybe he'd be better off using his money to give cops/military some boomerangs on a rope and teaching kung-fu classes at a police academy. He needs to have a fighting style that is not acrobatic but that is simply explosive, direct, deadly, vicious, and aggressive. And please, for once, when filming a movie I know you need to reshoot a scene a few times and can leave you winded if it is a physical scene but none of this "jogging" away/too the scene like in Captain America "Hey how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" I don't know, keep jogging along. If you are running in an action movie, especially Batman who is flesh and blood, he should be running FULL speed like his mother is hanging off a cliff.

Flash grenades, grappling gun, etc. that's all good, fine, have it, it is whatever, but the SWAT has flash grenades and smoke grenades, etc. he needs to have stuff they don't. Every marine has pepper spray, Tasers, ropes, grenades, etc. and more than that, so he shouldn't have just as much as any rookie marine minus the lethal force weaponry. I know a lot of fans want to see throwing stars, and all these little nods to the comic books but, realistically, if you are going up against guys with guns and superpowers, etc. you will need more than throwing stars, a sword, a knife, some armor, night vision, a cape, and some ropes, flash grenades and all this stuff. Again, if the SWAT and the military have it, it isn't very special to have one single guy use it also. He needs more and more unique than the things he is most known for.

However, what he uses should be something that makes you see why is more prepared than a NAVY Seal team, but I really don't want to see a fan-boy wet dream of toys because that's just too much. I mean if someone could present something a scenario where using a big amount of stuff and stuff and stuff would work and it wouldn't look like Mary Poppins is taking stuff out of her bag, then fine. But otherwise, no Mary-Poppins-Batman. I just want a vicious, dark, serious, rough, brutal Batman that is not afraid to injure those he feels are guilty. I would love to see the Batman that is not afraid to break limbs in order to get the job done. I'd love that those 3 little spikes around his forearm were actually used, and were razor sharp for example. That's an instant weapon, you fight with someone, he throws his forearm out towards your face/arms/neck and you are seriously injured. That will instantly get your attention. As I have said before, I know what the characters story is, same as with Superman and some other superheroes but I've never been into the comics, but I have read a couple here and there, and to me the Batman that would be most interesting to see is the Dark Knight Returns Batman. The Batman who breaks a guys back and says that the person is young and will probably walk again, a Batman who is at a point in his career where he is scary because he is vicious.

Last edited by Superman_200; 03-16-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #84
regwec
Shakespearo

Wow, we're like opposites.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #85
Leevor
Side-Kick

No to DKR psycho-Bat. Maybe to jaded and distant from his sense of humanity Bat, but if he just broke someone's back on-screen and was all one-liner about it later, people would freak out.

Leevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #86
The Guard
Side-Kick

I'd actually like to see the return of the smoke. We haven't seen it in live-action since BATMAN.

Beyond that, bat-cuffs.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #87
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Whatever gadgets he has, I hope its less "Urban millitary ninja" and more "Shadowry Avenger of the night". Smoke pellets would go a long way.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #88
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Also, don't show us weapons and not have him use them.

"

Old 03-17-2014, 06:25 AM   #89
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevor View Post
No to DKR psycho-Bat. Maybe to jaded and distant from his sense of humanity Bat, but if he just broke someone's back on-screen and was all one-liner about it later, people would freak out.
I don't know, they saw it in Dark Knight Returns in the 80s and saw it in the Dark Knight Returns animated movie and they didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #90
The Slang
Side-Kick

*Batarangs obviously. Some of them could have different functions like exploding, becoming electrified, emitting sound etc

A lot of the things I list here could be encased inside batarangs.

*Grapple gun. With attachments for zip lining, ab sailing, detaching wires and tethering things together.
*Bolas. Maybe fired from the grapple gun.
*Smoke/gas pellets.
*Gas mask. Maybe an oxygen supply too.
*Bombs. Explosive charges, grenades, mines etc
*tranquilizer darts
*EMPs.
*Electronic vision filter. Sonar/thermal etc.
*Inbuilt telecommunication system.
*Surveilance/spy equipment. Small microphones, radios, cameras, Hacking devices etc
*Maybe some syringes and medical equipment
*Welding torch
*Regular torch/flares
*Flashbangs
*Adhesive foam
*Taser. Long range, short range and able to electrify grappling cables
*Some kind of pepper spray dispenser
*Some kind of acid dispenser.

Oh, and something that I've seen him use is this small attachable rocket booster. That could be cool.

The Slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #91
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Smoke pellets
Grappling hook
Bat claw
Batarangs

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #92
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Whatever gadgets he has, I hope its less "Urban millitary ninja" and more "Shadowry Avenger of the night". Smoke pellets would go a long way.
Agreed man. Smoke pellets for the win.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #93
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I'd love it the smoke pellets were done like in The Batman where they seemed to just come out of cape when he was coming from above the bad guys.

"

Old 03-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #94
SofNascimento
Banned User

Do Batman have any kind of nuclear powered gadget?

SofNascimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #95
Mindreaper21
It's Harvest Time

So, Superman is basically a "solar battery". I'd like to see Batman with a gadget the absorbs the solar energy from Superman's cells. This would temporarily bring Superman into a human like state, and would most likely have the same effect as when Zod brought him onto his ship.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Mindreaper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:46 AM   #96
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
Do Batman have any kind of nuclear powered gadget?
No. Maybe if All Star Batman & Robin continued, that version might have some

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:01 AM   #97
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Batman can now create devices to drain Superman of his solar power on a cellular level? Again I ask... WHEN DID HE BECOME REED MUTHA-CUSSIN' RICHARDS?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:23 AM   #98
matt47
Side-Kick

Well..Bruce is a genius, obviously not on par with Reed but still he's pretty darn smart!

matt47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:34 AM   #99
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
Well..Bruce is a genius, obviously not on par with Reed but still he's pretty darn smart!
Yeah, but that's just it... Tell me that Batman is a genius at forensics, cryptography, computer science, ballistics... Sure. No problem. That goes hand in hand with being the World's Greatest Detective. And it's fine if he has at best a genius' passing knowledge of many other branches of science that lay beyond his purview as a pure crime fighter/detective. So, sure, when he's on the JLA satellite and some geek type is talking about astro-physics, or theoretical particle physics, ect. he's not completely lost. He's more aware than the average Joe in his way... But he's not building complex scifi equipment, I don't care what the precedent is in comics or the like. It's too much. He's building robots, and cybernetics, and cutting edge machines that harness the cutting edge of theoretical physics? NO. Just no.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:38 AM   #100
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I hope they stick to classic batman gadgets that are updated, rather than making specific new ones that seem too powerful/convenient to exist.

\S/T*
MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote