The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 03-18-2014, 04:14 AM   #101
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

Default Re: What Batman gadgets do you want to see in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yeah, but that's just it... Tell me that Batman is a genius at forensics, cryptography, computer science, ballistics... Sure. No problem. That goes hand in hand with being the World's Greatest Detective. And it's fine if he has at best a genius' passing knowledge of many other branches of science that lay beyond his purview as a pure crime fighter/detective. So, sure, when he's on the JLA satellite and some geek type is talking about astro-physics, or theoretical particle physics, ect. he's not completely lost. He's more aware than the average Joe in his way... But he's not building complex scifi equipment, I don't care what the precedent is in comics or the like. It's too much. He's building robots, and cybernetics, and cutting edge machines that harness the cutting edge of theoretical physics? NO. Just no.
All Stars Batman can do anything with enough prep-time
He's literally the fantasy of people who don't understand Batman and overly praise him

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #102
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
Well..Bruce is a genius, obviously not on par with Reed but still he's pretty darn smart!

He's a genius but he aint creating no solar battery that drains Superman's power on a cellular level. Frikin hell let's not go overboard here.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #103
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
He's a genius but he aint creating no solar battery that drains Superman's power on a cellular level. Frikin hell let's not go overboard here.
Agreed, he should be a good detective who invents things that are physically possible like some of the toys he has on his belt. But not things that can't be explained. Superman can be explained because he is alien. Batman creating things that are not possible shouldn't apply because then that is just inventing stuff for the sake of the plot.

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #104
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
You're right, lets not go overboard here.

matt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #105
Leevor
Side-Kick

I agree, he's a genius but certainly not inventor level. He doesn't have to be, though, he has an entire R&D department and practically limitless funds to cover all gaps in his knowledge.

Leevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #106
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yeah, but that's just it... Tell me that Batman is a genius at forensics, cryptography, computer science, ballistics... Sure. No problem. That goes hand in hand with being the World's Greatest Detective. And it's fine if he has at best a genius' passing knowledge of many other branches of science that lay beyond his purview as a pure crime fighter/detective. So, sure, when he's on the JLA satellite and some geek type is talking about astro-physics, or theoretical particle physics, ect. he's not completely lost. He's more aware than the average Joe in his way... But he's not building complex scifi equipment, I don't care what the precedent is in comics or the like. It's too much. He's building robots, and cybernetics, and cutting edge machines that harness the cutting edge of theoretical physics? NO. Just no.
What's wrong with Kryptonite anyway?

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #107
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
What's wrong with Kryptonite anyway?
Was Kryptonite always a part of Superman or did it have to be invented to find a way to give Superman a challenge after his creation?

Old 03-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #108
regwec
Shakespearo

Draining Superman of solar energy would just have the same effect as kryptonite, anyway, so we might as well stick to the green stuff.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #109
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Yeah, but kryptonite is non-existent in the MOS universe and also, Batman has tons of money. Maybe Batman secretly buys the device from someone who created it or something. There are tons of possibilities.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Mindreaper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #110
regwec
Shakespearo

The solar-sucking device doesn't exist in the MoS universe, either.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #111
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I think that is how it started and one thing just led to another and at some point they wound up with shark spray.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #112
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Not yet, but it could.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 03-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #113
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindreaper21 View Post
Not yet, but it could.
If that were to happen, people might be rolling their eyes and on top of that, Superman would be then normal. He wouldn't fly, etc. So then it is just Batman fighting a man in a Superman costume. No flying, no heat vision, no thundering punches, etc. it would just be a fight between Batman and a regular man in a Superman outfit. Nothing we didn't see before.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #114
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Not yet, but it could.
He isn't Batgod. He's not going to pull out weapons from his a$$ or create super duper cellular extracting gun.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #115
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
If that were to happen, people might be rolling their eyes and on top of that, Superman would be then normal. He wouldn't fly, etc. So then it is just Batman fighting a man in a Superman costume. No flying, no heat vision, no thundering punches, etc. it would just be a fight between Batman and a regular man in a Superman outfit. Nothing we didn't see before.
Better that than Batman getting powers. If that happened, Superman would not stand a chance. Although, since there is no kryptonite or solar-extracting device, there is more room to play around with Superman's weaknesses that Batman can take advantage of.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 03-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #116
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Better that than Batman getting powers. If that happened, Superman would not stand a chance. Although, since there is no kryptonite or solar-extracting device, there is more room to play around with Superman's weaknesses that Batman can take advantage of.
There is, they just don't have a physical match. A powerless Superman is just Batman fighting another man in a Superman suit. No flying, no explosions, no nothing, just Batman punching and kicking a regular guy. You already saw that in Superman Returns, except Luthor didn't have the Batman bunny-ears. A powered Superman is just silly. They can have a fight and there can be tension between them, there is plenty of tension between Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner in The Town and they don't fight. If you have them fight fans from one or the other are going to be disappointed. And they can't fight until Wonder Woman interferes because then everyone is giggling "silly boys" and stuff like that. They can have intellectual differences, that does not mean they come to blows. There are plenty of fights that can happen in the movie, this one is not necessary.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #117
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Now that we have seen what the new Bat-Suit and Batmobile look like. What do you want othergadgets like Batarangs, the Batplane, and Bat Signal, too look like?

Old 05-15-2014, 09:13 PM   #118
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Batarangs!!!!!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:45 AM   #119
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I'm in the minority here I am guessing, but I hate when Batman's equipment is too overly stylized. So whatever it is, lets keep the "Bat" detailing to a minimum.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:48 AM   #120
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, but kryptonite is non-existent in the MOS universe and also, Batman has tons of money. Maybe Batman secretly buys the device from someone who created it or something. There are tons of possibilities.
There aren't "tons" of possibilities. The one huge limitation in all of these ideas is that no one (except for Lois) knows how Superman's powers work. A scene would have to be shown where Batman gets information that Superman's physiology is equivalent to a solar battery, or he gets information that Kryptonite harms Superman. Otherwise, it all comes off an eye-roll inducing and contrived ********.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:13 AM   #121
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
There aren't "tons" of possibilities. The one huge limitation in all of these ideas is that no one (except for Lois) knows how Superman's powers work. A scene would have to be shown where Batman gets information that Superman's physiology is equivalent to a solar battery, or he gets information that Kryptonite harms Superman. Otherwise, it all comes off an eye-roll inducing and contrived ********.
There would still be remnants of Kryptonian technology around, either pieces of the world engine or the original craft that Zod ended up being in and crashing into Metropolis. I wouldn't mind Starlabs getting this stuff and Batman being able to infiltrate Starlabs to get some information from it.
However I would much prefer Superman to just hand Batman a lesson, I don't really enjoy when Superman gets depowered. But I do think they will bring a way to make him vulnerable otherwise he just can't be matched physically by anything on Earth.

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:59 AM   #122
D.P.
Banned User

Prosthetics and masks to go undercover.

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #123
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Matches Malone confirmed!!

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #124
The Slang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
Prosthetics and masks to go undercover.
Oh hell yes. Disguises would be awesome. I like those moments in the Batman stories when some random stranger comes along and only later do we realize that we were actually looking at Batman/Bruce Wayne the whole time.

Last edited by The Slang; 05-16-2014 at 07:48 AM.
The Slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:02 AM   #125
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

I just want some BTAS level grappling.