The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #501
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 8

There are reports of her acting strange and involved with questionable things. Maybe drug related.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/02...ouble.html?m=1

Of course there's no real proof of this but it makes me wonder. This would be her first big acting gig in a film in years. Can she handling it? Is she clean? The last outburst she had was barely 1-2 years ago on that cruise ship.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #502
Octoberist
point blank

If she got recast sadly I wouldn't be surprised. As Mark is getting into better shape, she looks about the same as she did for years. Off and on diets.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #503
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

idk........it would feel kind of weird if you recast one of the big 3.

it almost feels like, if you go that route, you either recast all of them, write one of the characters out of the story, or else defocus those characters and focus on the new generation.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #504
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

It always did seem like if one of the big three would screw this up it'd be Fischer.

Flashback would be different for Star Wars. But I'm hoping that's what it is and we don't get a 2/3 reunion.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 02-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #505
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
idk........it would feel kind of weird if you recast one of the big 3.

it almost feels like, if you go that route, you either recast all of them, write one of the characters out of the story, or else defocus those characters and focus on the new generation.
Yeah, i must agree with this. It would be weird seeing Mark and Harrison act with someone who isnt Carrie as Leia.

I had hoped this recast was for a very early flashback (very pre-ANH), but...

I dont wanna be pessimistic, but i couldnt help thinking one of the most repeated lines in SW when i read that: I have a bad feeling about this

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 02-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #506
Solidus
The Force Awakens

One of the things said for a younger version. I'm sure she will be fine. If they can deal with Lindsay Lohan in films, I'm sure they can reign in her. But I think this is again just tons of "jumping" to conclusions.

That and her drug problem did not seem to stop her with ESB/ROTJ lol. I still always catch the white powder scene in ROTJ all the time.

I noticed this source came from Jedi NewsUK. Love the site but not a single one of their "sources" have panned out. Take that for what you will.

Last edited by Solidus; 02-18-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #507
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

it feels like we will be getting some legit casting news soon.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #508
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheInSnei...45845964300288

Quote:
@TheInSneider Hey Jeff, what happened to the StarWars scoop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrap's Jeff Sneider
AICN ran it.
^referring to Reynor?

Quote:
@TheInSneider oh okay, have you heard anything about these two female leads being casted already?
https://mobile.twitter.com/antbwan23...47366731218944

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 02-18-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #509
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

what about that Breaking Bad guy?

do you think he's still in?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #510
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Who knows. But it may be that Jack Reynor won that role.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #511
EmmaRose
Side-Kick

I just hope we get a confirmation soon. I hate not knowing who has been cast

Old 02-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #512
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Who knows. But it may be that Jack Reynor won that role.
yeah.....they sort of have that similar "look" rolewise.

And not being familiar with either, based on "looks" alone, I'd take Reynor, especially if he's Skywalker's son and thus the main young male lead.

That Breaking Bad guy just had more of a "bad guy" look.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #513
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
One of the things said for a younger version. I'm sure she will be fine. If they can deal with Lindsay Lohan in films, I'm sure they can reign in her. But I think this is again just tons of "jumping" to conclusions.

That and her drug problem did not seem to stop her with ESB/ROTJ lol. I still always catch the white powder scene in ROTJ all the time.

I noticed this source came from Jedi NewsUK. Love the site but not a single one of their "sources" have panned out. Take that for what you will.
Well, Carrie's health isnt what it used to be now though, so hopefully it's all just baseless rumors. And i gotta ask, what white powder scene!? i know nothing of this lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
it feels like we will be getting some legit casting news soon.
This reminds me of the good old days over at the Batboards... the word soon became almost blasphemous, cause soon took forever to finally arrive

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 02-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #514
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Soon!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #515
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Well, Carrie's health isnt what it used to be now though, so hopefully it's all just baseless rumors. And i gotta ask, what white powder scene!? i know nothing of this lol

This reminds me of the good old days over at the Batboards... the word soon became almost blasphemous, cause soon took forever to finally arrive
I think people are just over-reacting with almost everything Episode VII related. The problem with most "Sources" That they are friends of friends of friends. It's how it is with me too. Very few are direct LFL types or other companies. Once in a while. But with my source back in the day the one that told me Hardy was going to be Bane in October of 2010, was from a friend of a friend. JJ has been laughing about most these rumors. So even these sites are saying a massive grain of salt. I think most don't believe it but have to post it for hits.

As for the powder scene. I can't remember if the SE still has it or not. But I know the theatrical cuts do. When Han/Leia/Luke are on the Shuttle Tydurium going to land on Endor. When they are being questioned by the Imperial Officer to land, Leia puts her hand on Han's shoulder, and a little bit of white powder falls on his vest, from her pinky fingernail. But I have not seen the theatrical cut for a long time so there has been debate if that was really powder etc. But her nail is kinda clearly a "coke nail". I wanna say Carrie herself admitted it or something.

EDIT: There may be no powder, I can't remember. But here is the scene I'm talking about:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 02-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #516
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Did a lot of posting and not a lot of commenting. Lol

Anyway let's start with Reynor. I don't know anything from memory about him but seems a potential match for the codename Thomas character. If I'm to believe Google he is a tall man, six feet tall, born in the US but Irish otherwise.

As for Carrie, taking these rumors of a Leia casting call at face value, it could be for a daughter or a flashback, hologram, or vision. We don't know yet if they're looking for a young woman or old woman Carrie's age. A call for a Leia could just be shorthand for white girl that looks and/or acts like Leia.

As for a main main character that is female, it's been Brendon at BC (UK) reporting for some time that he's been hearing that. I'd rather not be in for an Episode I situation, where as RLM argued there is no main protagonist in that movie; Anakin did not become main until Episode II. I'd rather they just be out in front of it like with Katniss than try to be cutesy and dodgy about it.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #517
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Did a lot of posting and not a lot of commenting. Lol

Anyway let's start with Reynor. I don't know anything from memory about him but seems a potential match for the codename Thomas character. If I'm to believe Google he is a tall man, six feet tall, born in the US but Irish otherwise.

As for Carrie, taking these rumors of a Leia casting call at face value, it could be for a daughter or a flashback, hologram, or vision. We don't know yet if they're looking for a young woman or old woman Carrie's age. A call for a Leia could just be shorthand for white girl that looks and/or acts like Leia.

As for a main main character that is female, it's been Brendon at BC (UK) reporting for some time that he's been hearing that. I'd rather not be in for an Episode I situation, where as RLM argued there is no main protagonist in that movie; Anakin did not become main until Episode II. I'd rather they just be out in front of it like with Katniss than try to be cutesy and dodgy about it.
RLM also said it can be done, especially if you have "good writers". It was more of a sense with some writers, trying to do that may not always work. But it's hard to tell. I think there will be a lead lead, and it may be Jack. Or who ever is going for this male role. But sadly there is just too much rumor going on now. I really hope with all this Rebels news flying out so fast, that it means they will be doing Episode VII stuff once they get all the Rebels characters fully announced. I think there is only 2 mains left for Rebels to have a clip for. However one of the concept artists back in August said that he was drawing female Jedi concept art. But who knows.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #518
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
RLM also said it can be done, especially if you have "good writers". It was more of a sense with some writers, trying to do that may not always work. But it's hard to tell. I think there will be a lead lead, and it may be Jack. Or who ever is going for this male role. But sadly there is just too much rumor going on now. I really hope with all this Rebels news flying out so fast, that it means they will be doing Episode VII stuff once they get all the Rebels characters fully announced. I think there is only 2 mains left for Rebels to have a clip for. However one of the concept artists back in August said that he was drawing female Jedi concept art. But who knows.
female Jedi concept art for Rebels or VII?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #519
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Hard to say. It was during Celebration. But it's hard to pin down if it was true that he said that or not.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #520
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
what about that Breaking Bad guy?

do you think he's still in?
No.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #521
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

ah, ok.

in the Rebels thread, I was asking if the remaining 2 female characters would be Jedi, and a poster there posted some concept art for the girls, and neither were Jedi.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #522
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
No.
good. something off about him.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:44 PM   #523
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Ya neither of the females in Rebels are Jedi it seems. I just think it's Kanan and Ezra in terms of mains.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:44 PM   #524
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

As far as news from Disney Lucasfilm goes, they're in the midst of this Rebels rollout and there's this upcoming event known as the Academy Awards that is going to suck some of the news cycles up.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #525
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
As far as news from Disney Lucasfilm goes, they're in the midst of this Rebels rollout and there's this upcoming event known as the Academy Awards that is going to suck some of the news cycles up.
Sometimes they use that to their advantage. But usually only if one of the nominated is cast. But Chiwetel Ejiofor has been a rumored name floating around for some time. So if he did get cast, I could see them using that as a springboard.