Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #1001
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Goes without saying. But given the circumstances, and the nature of the history of the character, this particular approach of having Leia dead between RotJ-Ep7 doesn't feel like a character/story device they should be going for. Cos, as Raven X said, that would deeply affect Han (and, to a lesser extent, Luke) and we'd basically get NJO-mopey Han. Worked tons for the particular books, probably won't work with a JJ SW-toned adventure film featuring the return of Harrison Ford to the role.
I dunno about that, I think that with certain emotions/characters it's one of JJ's strong suits as I said before to get actors to portray certain elements. I mean ST09 had me teary eyed pretty quick early on in the film.

And there would be ways to portray him other then moapy...maybe angry etc.

But it's all conjecture, since we have no idea if that would even happen.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #1002
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I have no qualms about any of that. But just as people assume that a death that would kickstart plot/motivation would run the risk of being shallow, same way getting one of the big 3 out of the equation would be risky. I'm not pro or against anything at this point, I'm just pointing out that the "Adrian" device could be riskier than other ones.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #1003
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread