The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 01-21-2014, 12:23 AM   #276
sf2
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It's going to pretty much be like how we had waited for MOS to be released.

Filming started in the Summer of 2011, and we were only told like a month or two in that the project would be released in the Summer of 2013, and not in Winter 2012 as originally scheduled. So once we got every bit of spy photo that we possibly could, it was a long wait before the Summer of 2012 came were we got our first official footage from the Teaser Trailers and the Bootlegged Comic Con one.

I think the worst dry spell period though was during the remainder of 2012 where we pretty much didn't get anything until winter 2012, where the first theatrical trailer was released.

Now assuming if the rumors are true that they'll be filming a JL film not long after this film in order to release it sometime in 2017, then the waiting period won't be as bad since we'll be able to focus on spy set photos and related articles for the JL film during the second half of 2015, which is pretty much slated at the moment to be the worst of our waiting period for this film.
it's a total different case. MOS was never officially confirmed to be release by Dec 2012. it's pure assumption. however BvS was announced globally the date of release right before it had anything on hand.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:55 AM   #277
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
If Star Wars gets delayed to May 6,2016, pretty sure BvS will take X-Mas 2015. As the Forbes article rightly put it, this would have gone to X-Mas 2015 if it was not for Star Wars already being there. But if Star Wars moves, they will likely take Memorial day anyway.

Some of the people claiming that Marvel would never move their movies and will go head to head on May 6 2016 are forgetting that Marvel have already moved Thor 2 and Ant-Man before. All studios do what is best for their movies.

Agreed. Marvel will not release one of their films on May 6th...the same day as the BvsS release date. Especially if it is only a solo Dr Strange or Black Panther and if they were arrogant enough to do that....they would for sure add some Avengers characters in those solo films to try and compete with BvsS/JL film.

If anything they would release their film on Memorial Day weekend or something. Thor 2 had all sorts of problems and that showed in the final product...hence why it was moved.

NoLaNitE007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:50 AM   #278
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Marvel may be confident but they're not suicidal. There's no way in hell they release a movie the same weekend as BvsS, especially a brand new character.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #279
BatFleck2016
Side-Kick

lets use logic and assume that any movie that gets delayed is a( going to be bad guyz or b( nevar going to be released

*sigh* fanboys

BatFleck2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:02 AM   #280
BatFleck2016
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
People just want to see Batman get crushed by someone with superhuman strength and can't suspend their disbelief for some reason.
This

Old 01-21-2014, 02:08 AM   #281
BatFleck2016
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Build-up is not necessary to make a good Justice League movie.
This is what I believe as well. They don't have to film The Flash and Wonder Woman first to do a Justice League movie. Just give some nods to the Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and whoever else at the end of BVS/MOS2 and tease the JL there. I think they can easily pull off doing JL first and THEN do the solo films. I think it can be done.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:13 AM   #282
BatFleck2016
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly..this is my thoughts on this whole matter.

A lot are saying that because Warner Bros. has pushed up the release date for this film by one year, it indicates that they have no idea on what they're doing with their DC franchise.

The strongest rumor/belief for why they did so is because they seemingly want to strengthen their script and story for the film.

Honestly, if that's the case, then I would imagine that this alone would prove that they at least have some idea on what they're doing. If they didn't know what they were doing, then they would have not cared about such a thing and just go into production like usual...with their film coming out in 2015 as originally planned.

Plus, I feel like it's still somewhat unfair for people to keep comparing Warner Bros with the other DC properties.

People conveniently forget that SEVERAL studios own Marvel properties. It's common sense and a given that there would be more Marvel films coming out. If either Fox or Sony were the only ones that made Comic Book films, I guarantee you that we wouldn't have as much Marvel films out as we do now.

Sony primarily has Spider-Man to rely on, while Fox has X-Men and the Fantastic Four properties.

And let's not forget folks that Marvel Studios was designed for the sole purpose of just making comic book films.

Warner Bros is HUGE corporation....their job isn't to just satisfy comic book fans, but fans of all sorts....and they have to budget all of their resources into making several kinds of films.

Could they have done a better job with their comic book films? Sure, of course. But, c'mon guys.... Warner Bros isn't a Comic Book-based film company. They could just make Superman and Batman films for the most part and still turn out a great profit at the end of any fiscal year.

And honestly... I don't remember there being this much hostility towards Warner Bros and DC films in general prior to the announcement of this film being delayed one year.

As soon as that news came about, we've primarily had most people just bashing Warner Bros away, along with Marvel fans coming in and trying to rub it in for all of us and such. Frankly, this news has really shown a lot of ugly colors for several posters here imho, which is just plain sad.

It's one thing to be upset, which I entirely. But another thing to start bashing people, companies, celebrities, or even acting almost suicidal over things like this.
Baffled by this as well. So, WB DOESN'T know what their doing by delaying the film and doing the best they can to get a good product out there? Yeah, that totally makes sense. *NOT*

And let's not forget that Warner Bros is responsible for other films as well. They aren't SOLELY there for comic book films and never have. I think they just recently released The Hobbit which, as far as I know, has nothing to do with DC.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:29 AM   #283
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

If its a complete top to bottom revamp of the script then I'm a little worried for Superman.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:31 AM   #284
BatFleck2016
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
If its a complete top to bottom revamp of the script then I'm a little worried for Superman.
Trust me. No matter how people hype it up to be a Batman film, in the end, it's still going to be a Superman film.

We probably won't get a Bats film until about 2018.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:53 AM   #285
-Nam rorriM-
Eater of toasties

I wonder if there's a chance they delayed BVS in order to grab the right people for the casting. Wasn't there concerns on schedules for some suggested favourites? Maybe they wanted specific people for what they visioned? I'm kinda hoping it's for JL though. To me, then that makes sense

-Nam rorriM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:54 AM   #286
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I have a feeling it's going to be primarily a Batman/Superman film.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Just a feeling....

but if they're going to focus on one more than the other, my guess is that it'll be Superman.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-21-2014 at 03:01 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:02 AM   #287
BatFleck2016
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I have a feeling it's going to be primarily a Batman/Superman film.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Just a feeling....

not the feeling i got when it was branded as a man of steel sequel but i guess

Old 01-21-2014, 03:07 AM   #288
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Even if this is a Justice League movie where Batman is the main character, it would still be a sequel to Man of Steel if it follows up with the events from the previous movie, the only other movie in this series.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-21-2014 at 03:21 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #289
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFleck2016 View Post
Trust me. No matter how people hype it up to be a Batman film, in the end, it's still going to be a Superman film.

It's batman.

followed by superman

with cameos of wonder woman, flash, green lantern, aquaman. ..

Old 01-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #290
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFleck2016 View Post

Really really hope so and I just hope we don't get Batman schooling Superman on everything cause that would piss me off.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #291
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

So I have a question - this many have come up in the past already, but I just haven't seen it: If Disney owns Marvel, and Marvel has a division solely focused on producing movies based on their characters (Marvel Studios), and WB owns DC Comics, wouldn't it be smart for WB's to start DC Studios? I mean if it's that hard to keep up with Marvel on the amount of releases per year, why wouldn't this move make sense?

BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #292
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Because WB are still going to be the ones who have to green light the projects. Marvel may be owned by Disney but they have autonomy in what films they create, same with Lucasfilm and Pixar. Disney essentially have bought all these companies so that they themselves don't have to do the work.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #293
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Because WB are still going to be the ones who have to green light the projects. Marvel may be owned by Disney but they have autonomy in what films they create, same with Lucasfilm and Pixar. Disney essentially have bought all these companies so that they themselves don't have to do the work.
Gotcha- so as you said, WB is still the decider as it pertains to each movie. But I'm sure there is a way to set it up so that DC would have more freedom to develop and produce films their own films, but still with WB still being the ultimate decider.

BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #294
metaphysician
Side-Kick

The problem is more that, the DC IP is farmed out between something like three different internal sub-studios at WB. Even if WB wanted to consolidate and make a single autonomous DC Studios, they'd have to fight past the internal political opposition.

Also, consider that when Disney bought Marvel, yes, they paid a big chunk of change. . . but the benefit was an extra two movies a year on top of what Disney otherwise would produce. WB already owns DC, but if they wanted to make a DC Studios, they'd either need to cannibalize their existing assets to make the studio ( meaning that WB probably wouldn't produce any more movies per year than they otherwise would ), or they'd need to shell out a big chunk of money to build a studio from scratch. . . and they *still* might not produce more movies than they otherwise would.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #295
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
So I have a question - this many have come up in the past already, but I just haven't seen it: If Disney owns Marvel, and Marvel has a division solely focused on producing movies based on their characters (Marvel Studios), and WB owns DC Comics, wouldn't it be smart for WB's to start DC Studios? I mean if it's that hard to keep up with Marvel on the amount of releases per year, why wouldn't this move make sense?
Disney bought Marvel studios. Warner bought DC Comics decades ago, if they choose to they can spin off DC into a studio, but basically Marvel came into the Disney stable as a movie studio with an operating structure and budget.

fake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #296
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Bingo. Disney invests in companies that will increase their profits, not for oversight. That's why when Miramax was tanking Disney didn't bail them out. The studios Disney owns succeed/fail on their own merits.

And WB did create a studio for DC live-action properties. It's called DC Entertainment. That's who gave us Green Lantern. And we all know how that went.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #297
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Bingo. Disney invests in companies that will increase their profits, not for oversight. That's why when Miramax was tanking Disney didn't bail them out. The studios Disney owns succeed/fail on their own merits.

And WB did create a studio for DC live-action properties. It's called DC Entertainment. That's who gave us Green Lantern. And we all know how that went.
DC Entertainment isn't a studio. It's everything DC...comics, toys, movies, cartoons

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #298
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
DC Entertainment isn't a studio. It's everything DC...comics, toys, movies, cartoons
It's not solely a studio but it includes live-action properties. That's why its CCO Geoff Johns had oversight on the GL movie. If that movie would have succeeded DCE would have had a bigger stake in other live-action properties. DCE is the equivalent of the Marvel (Inc) brand whose execs have creative oversight in Marvel Studios and non-Marvel Studios movies. Johns as the CCO of DCE was supposed to be WB's version of Marvel Studios Pres of Production Kevin Feige. Didn't work out.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #299
goh78
Side-Kick

I say a delay is only a good thing.

Ideally, this Man of Steel sequel would be just that, a Superman sequel. I want to get to know the new incarnate of the character better. I want to meet Luthor and discover his plans to turn Metropolis against this outsider. I want to find out how they update the Mild Mannered Reporter aspect of the character. I want to see Superman continue to reach the character we know and love.

And frankly, I don't feel this can be adequately done with the Big Bat in the room. And it's not only that. Introducing Affleck as the new Batman, who is simultaneously an "old" Batman is no small feat. It also needs it's own space to do breath and operate to fully realize it's potential.

Hopefully it all works out. Regardless, there is tons and tons of potential and a Justice League film, no matter how far out, should flat out rock.

goh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:16 PM   #300
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
It's not solely a studio but it includes live-action properties. That's why its CCO Geoff Johns had oversight on the GL movie. If that movie would have succeeded DCE would have had a bigger stake in other live-action properties. DCE is the equivalent of the Marvel (Inc) brand whose execs have creative oversight in Marvel Studios and non-Marvel Studios movies. Johns as the CCO of DCE was supposed to be WB's version of Marvel Studios Pres of Production Kevin Feige. Didn't work out.
actually DC's Kevin Feige is Diane Nelson.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote