The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #776
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick
 
NoLaNitE007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 943
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
I wouldn't say that Rudd is bland either.

That's cool, to each his own. I have never gone out of my way to see a film headlined by Paul Rudd. He is nice in supporting roles...depending on the material I suppose. He is nothing special though IMO.


Last edited by NoLaNitE007; 01-27-2014 at 01:36 PM.
NoLaNitE007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #777
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 475
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
That's cool, to each his own. I have never gone out of my way to see a film headlined by Paul Rudd. He is nice in supporting roles...depending on the material I suppose. He is nothing special though IMO.
"do less man" - Paul Rudd

Unbreakable Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #778
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,355
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
That's cool, to each his own. I have never gone out of my way to see a film headlined by Paul Rudd. He is nice in supporting roles...depending on the material I suppose. He is nothing special though IMO.
Just apply this to Rudd's filmography




InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #779
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 18,845
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
That's an exageration, Titanic never got an oficial sequel, only an Asylum pretender film. Avatar was going to have a sequel before it was even released, Cameron already had them planed. How it will be possible? I have no idea, Terminator and Alien were very closed stories, yet Cameron gave them amazing sequels.
But they could have.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:48 PM   #780
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 13,118
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

No, they made a real sequel to Titanic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_II_%28film%29

__________________

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #781
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 18,845
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Aaaaahahahaha......


Was that a sequel...or was the actual boat called Titanic II. with no connectivity to the Cameron film?

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #782
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,093
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
No, they made a real sequel to Titanic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_II_%28film%29
That's why i said there was only an Asylum pretender -.-

__________________
STAR WARS
Returns 2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #783
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 13,118
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
That's why i said there was only an Asylum pretender -.-
Ah, sorry. I missed your post.

__________________

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:34 PM   #784
mclay18
Sexed-up archery
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,700
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

To a degree, I can understand some studios holding their films for summertime -- kids are out of school and better weekday numbers -- but some films overcome that limitation. I don't think anyone expected the first Hunger Games to put up TDK-sized opening numbers. Let alone in March.

I can only imagine how much BvS can do in a typically slower month like March or April. That's the kind of studio mentality that has me shaking my head. Stacking films one after the other during the summer is stifling. Summer 2013 was, simply put, a bloodbath. Some came out strong, some tanked, and a lot floundered.

I know 2016 is two years away, but I fear it's going to get crowded like 2015 is.

__________________
Think McFly Think


"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #785
mclay18
Sexed-up archery
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,700
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Well, Kevin Feige told someone Marvel isn't conceding the May 6, 2016 date to WB's Trinity film.

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/443895196733153280

WB could always 'steal' that April date Universal and Disney used for Fast & Furious and Captain America: The Winter Soldier... or move it to July 2016.

__________________
Think McFly Think


"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:19 PM   #786
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 29,805
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Well, Kevin Feige told someone Marvel isn't conceding the May 6, 2016 date to WB's Trinity film.

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/443895196733153280

WB could always 'steal' that April date Universal and Disney used for Fast & Furious and Captain America: The Winter Soldier... or move it to July 2016.
We'll see what tune he's singing in a year. I'd wager Marvel breaks before WB.

__________________
"A bat signal, for listeners who might not know, refers to the children's character The Bat Man - a strong gentleman who fights crime nocturnally."
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #787
mclay18
Sexed-up archery
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,700
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
We'll see what tune he's singing in a year. I'd wager Marvel breaks before WB.
I really don't like this d**k-measuring move the studios pull. They do it every year with a pair of competing films. 2012 had Relativity and Universal pitting rival Snow White films against one another. Last year had FilmDistrict and Sony had rival White House invasion pics Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down. This year has two Hercules movies coming out. Not saying the MCU pic and BvS share the same story, but gunning for the same audience. They're both going to end up with egg on their face.

Marvel is taking more risks with release dates -- moving Thor 2 to late October (int'l)/November (U.S.) and Captain America 2 to late March (int'l)/April (U.S.) -- and they're paying off. I'm surprised WB isn't taking a leaf out of their book for this.

__________________
Think McFly Think


"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #788
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 8,591
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

We don't even know what films marvel is putting out In 2016.My belief Is if they can't say what the films are they should be quiet on release dates.At least we know WB is doing a SUperman/Batman film that also has wonder woman and possibly others.And may be prelude to Justice league film.Does Disney and Kevin Feige really think Dr strange or Thor 3 will blow away a superman/batman film that also Is first time Wonder woman Is ever in a feature film? Man of steel did outgross Thor the Dark world.And this Is more a event film.Some just think every other studio should just run scared of ever MS film.
than man of steel.

__________________
Best Comic Book films-Superman X2 The Dark Knight The Wolverine Batman Begins X-Men First Class X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Amazing Spider-man Batman Returns
marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #789
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 4,603
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Possible 1 week before the release of BvS?
Brazilian website website Judão reveal that their sources at Warner Bros. Brazil have told them that the movie will open in the South American country on April 28th, 2016 (new films are released there on a Thursday), and while this branch of Warner Bros. tells them that they’re still waiting for 100% confirmation, word is that the US release date of Batman Vs. Superman has also been moved up to April 29th instead of May 6th.
That’s a week before, and an easy way to save face for the studio. After all, fans feeling grateful to have the highly anticipated Zack Snyder helmed movie seven days earlier will hopefully pay more attention to that than the fact that they’re seemingly backing down from Marvel. This also gives Batman Vs. Superman a clear week at #1 before it has to contend with whatever Kevin Feige and company has in mind for that date.


source: http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/sources-wa...ls-2016-movie/

__________________
"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.


John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #790
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,113
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Possible 1 week before the release of BvS?
Brazilian website website Judão reveal that their sources at Warner Bros. Brazil have told them that the movie will open in the South American country on April 28th, 2016 (new films are released there on a Thursday), and while this branch of Warner Bros. tells them that they’re still waiting for 100% confirmation, word is that the US release date of Batman Vs. Superman has also been moved up to April 29th instead of May 6th.
That’s a week before, and an easy way to save face for the studio. After all, fans feeling grateful to have the highly anticipated Zack Snyder helmed movie seven days earlier will hopefully pay more attention to that than the fact that they’re seemingly backing down from Marvel. This also gives Batman Vs. Superman a clear week at #1 before it has to contend with whatever Kevin Feige and company has in mind for that date.


source: http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/sources-wa...ls-2016-movie/
Note that it says the that April 29th is the release date in Brazil. Also that the source is not 100% sure of the release date. Not too reliable to me.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #791
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 4,603
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Yeah it was a rumor. But is sounding strong. We'll see.

__________________
"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.


John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #792
Masone
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 553
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Possible 1 week before the release of BvS?
Brazilian website website Judão reveal that their sources at Warner Bros. Brazil have told them that the movie will open in the South American country on April 28th, 2016 (new films are released there on a Thursday), and while this branch of Warner Bros. tells them that they’re still waiting for 100% confirmation, word is that the US release date of Batman Vs. Superman has also been moved up to April 29th instead of May 6th.
That’s a week before, and an easy way to save face for the studio. After all, fans feeling grateful to have the highly anticipated Zack Snyder helmed movie seven days earlier will hopefully pay more attention to that than the fact that they’re seemingly backing down from Marvel. This also gives Batman Vs. Superman a clear week at #1 before it has to contend with whatever Kevin Feige and company has in mind for that date.


source: http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/sources-wa...ls-2016-movie/
lol @ if anyone actually cares about this.

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #793
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 4,603
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
lol @ if anyone actually cares about this.
The only thing I care is if they move the release date, cause if you notice and some box office experts said: those movies won't collide in the same weekend.

__________________
"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.


John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #794
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,113
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Yeah it was a rumor. But is sounding strong. We'll see.
I don't take not being 100% sure as sounding strong.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #795
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,113
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I really don't like this d**k-measuring move the studios pull. They do it every year with a pair of competing films. 2012 had Relativity and Universal pitting rival Snow White films against one another. Last year had FilmDistrict and Sony had rival White House invasion pics Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down. This year has two Hercules movies coming out. Not saying the MCU pic and BvS share the same story, but gunning for the same audience. They're both going to end up with egg on their face.

Marvel is taking more risks with release dates -- moving Thor 2 to late October (int'l)/November (U.S.) and Captain America 2 to late March (int'l)/April (U.S.) -- and they're paying off. I'm surprised WB isn't taking a leaf out of their book for this.
I truth, Marvel has film releases in both May and July of 2016 (same thing for 2015). The WB normally releases it's tent poles in July, but that would have still meant that they would have to go up against an unannounced Marvel film. Now that it seems that Cap-3 will be the May release, the WB will only need to know what film Marvel will have in July or if they are going to move that film to August to decide if they want to take that spot or stay in the May spot.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #796
mclay18
Sexed-up archery
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,700
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I truth, Marvel has film releases in both May and July of 2016 (same thing for 2015). The WB normally releases it's tent poles in July, but that would have still meant that they would have to go up against an unannounced Marvel film. Now that it seems that Cap-3 will be the May release, the WB will only need to know what film Marvel will have in July or if they are going to move that film to August to decide if they want to take that spot or stay in the May spot.
I think WB will wait for the box-office results for CA:TWS and Avengers 2 to come in before they consider moving BvS. If TWS makes serious bank in April, I can see WB moving this film up a month, cede the May 6 spot for CA3, and both studios win. (WB gets bragging rights to first blockbuster of 2016, while Marvel keeps their precious May spot.) After all, Marvel did that with Sony this year.

And considering the aggressive moves both studios have been doing in the past few months -- Marvel moving Ant-Man to the old BvS July 2015 spot, WB moving BvS to May 2016, and WB scheduling Tarzan opening a week prior to Marvel's untitled July 2016 film -- their rivalry is fierce. It's unquestionable at this juncture.

__________________
Think McFly Think


"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #797
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,113
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I think WB will wait for the box-office results for CA:TWS and Avengers 2 to come in before they consider moving BvS. If TWS makes serious bank in April, I can see WB moving this film up a month, cede the May 6 spot for CA3, and both studios win. (WB gets bragging rights to first blockbuster of 2016, while Marvel keeps their precious May spot.) After all, Marvel did that with Sony this year.

And considering the aggressive moves both studios have been doing in the past few months -- Marvel moving Ant-Man to the old BvS July 2015 spot, WB moving BvS to May 2016, and WB scheduling Tarzan opening a week prior to Marvel's untitled July 2016 film -- their rivalry is fierce. It's unquestionable at this juncture.
I think they are going to wait until after ComicCon before they make a final decision. By then they will know that the other film Marvel releases in July will be and then they will move from there. My bet is that Marvel will move their July 2016 film to August and then B/S will take that spot. Marvel has a niche for May release dates since their distribution stream starts overseas first, creating a buzz for the domestic market here in the US. They have so much momentum that they can lay claim to a box office success after the first weekend. The WB doesn't do that with their films and rely on the gross on a world wide release the first weekend.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:26 AM   #798
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,706
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

i think Marvel has built a huge and solid audience base worldwide. as long as the story isn't too bad, their movie will do great internationally. if the story of CA2 is good, i believe it will do exceptionally great in box office; therefore CA3 will be a huge challenge to BvS. (considering MOS didn't have good legs)

__________________
SUPERMAN RETURNS COMIC STRIPS
The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:43 AM   #799
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: brisbane, Australia
Posts: 11,384
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

having both over the course of a week would be fine with me

__________________
General Public: (on seeing tdkr multiple times) You Don't owe these people anymore...... you've given them EVERYTHING!!
DF: *Batman voice*: Not everything......Not Yet

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #800
mclay18
Sexed-up archery
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,700
Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Looks like that rumor about Brazil getting BvS a week early is holding true for the UK as well... BvS is reportedly going to hit theaters there on April 29, 2016.

http://launchingfilms.com/release-sc...startyear=2016

Judging by WB's past release history, sometimes the European and South American releases are a week after the U.S. (as opposed to before). Might be an indication of WB moving BvS up to April 22.

__________________
Think McFly Think


"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.