The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 56

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 55

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 56

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
matt47
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 57

Have you all seen the hate against Marvel now for letting Edger Write go from Ant Man?
I'm not one to start the ol' Dc v Marvel discussion but I wonder if this is a turn in favour for DC.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
Have you all seen the hate against Marvel now for letting Edger Write go from Ant Man?
I'm not one to start the ol' Dc v Marvel discussion but I wonder if this is a turn in favour for DC.
I think Marvel vs DC is a legitimate argument as the two companies are following distinct strategies.

Marvel has a magic formula (a decent one) that they have identified and they want to stick to it. It's why all their movies are identical in tone, style, and structure.

WB/DC is preferring to let directors pursue their own individual ideals, but this has the adverse effect that some of these ideals will fail with the masses. MoS is a genuine Snyder movie -- but a lot of people hate Snyder's aesthetic.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
king666
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
getting used to the "v"?

3. Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 05-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I think Marvel vs DC is a legitimate argument as the two companies are following distinct strategies.

Marvel has a magic formula (a decent one) that they have identified and they want to stick to it. It's why all their movies are identical in tone, style, and structure.

WB/DC is preferring to let directors pursue their own individual ideals, but this has the adverse effect that some of these ideals will fail with the masses. MoS is a genuine Snyder movie -- but a lot of people hate Snyder's aesthetic.
Very good points. But I have no slightly disagree with you saying MoS is a genuine Snyder movie, I really think that if you showed MoS to people without them knowing it was a Snyder film majority wouldn't have guessed that.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #8
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
MoS is a genuine Snyder movie -- but a lot of people hate Snyder's aesthetic.
Some people think it's more of Nolan film. Every now and then, I come across a tumblr post or something either thanking or blaming Nolan for MOS. It's both amusing and annoying.

\S/T*
Old 05-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #9
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

While I felt that MOS is meh, I will give credit that Snyder had control in the film and told his vision.

Some of the MCU films haven't felt like they told the directors visions.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
Old 05-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #10
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Superman killing Zod is Snyder-esque.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
getting used to the "v"?
haha yes! I first wrote "vs" but then I thought,"...Naaaa lets just put the V".

Old 05-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #12
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
While I felt that MOS is meh, I will give credit that Snyder had control in the film and told his vision.

Don't get me wrong I too thought Snyder had control in the film from a studio standpoint. But I think the reason for not using slow motion was from fans, I could imagine Snyder thinking, "Okay guys, you don't want it to be slow mo aye? Fine, I'll make it awesomely fast pace instead! ah!"

Old 05-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #13
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post

i dont know-....i dont know their visions and what studios want em to do...but i feel l ike marvel is willing to give the director more freedom than studios like wb or fox...i mean its very hard to judge such a thing.

now im willing to bet that your statement has just something to do with the fact that edgar wright has left the movie

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 05-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #14
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
What do you mean? Can you give an example?
I haven't watched many other Snyder films a while..

Old 05-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #15
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
haha yes! I first wrote "vs" but then I thought,"...Naaaa lets just put the V".
they want the v

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 05-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #16
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
i dont know-....i dont know their visions and what studios want em to do...but i feel l ike marvel is willing to give the director more freedom than studios like wb or fox...i mean its very hard to judge such a thing.

now im willing to bet that your statement has just something to do with the fact that edgar wright has left the movie
It's a really hard thing to be sure about huh. Because we will never know who came up with the Mandarin twist in IM3 etc.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #17
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post

Which may or may not have to do with Edgar Wright taking too long with the project in the first place. Still, it's hard to judge vision.

There were issues like with Favreau, and the whole Thor TDW issue, but they also had directors like Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Russos, and James Gunn tell their visions without much struggle. It's more of a case by case basis with Marvel and one of the downsides about having a connected universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #18
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Zack Snyder doesn't do comprehensive happy endings the way most Hollywood does, at least in the films I've watched. His most personal movie, Sucker Punch, ends with baby doll sacrificing herself so that Sweet Pea can go free, but really Sweet Pea has actually been lobotomised.

The original script for MoS had a comprehensive happy ending, and that's the one story change we know Snyder wanted, he thought it was "unsatisfactory". So instead we got a much heavier toll on Metropolis, and Superman severing his last link to Krypton. Victory came at a cost.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #19
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Snyder's done a technically victorious, but bitter ending before. In MOS, superman wins the battle, but it's not a simple victory. It comes with personal cost because he must kill the last of his kind. This similar to what happened in Watchmen. Technically what happened with Manhattan solved the issue, but at a cost. A cost that Rorschach wasn't willing to live with. There's also Sucker Punch, which DA mentioned.

\S/T*
Old 05-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #20
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Do you guys think Batman's batarang will be the same as his symbol? It's kind of chunky to throw.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #21
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
bull*****

goyer wrote the script...killing of people isnt snyder-esque je ne sais pas. george rr martin is known for killing characters off

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 05-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #22
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Do you guys think Batman's batarang will be the same as his symbol? It's kind of chunky to throw.
he will have a shield shaped like this

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #23
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Even if Snyder didn't write all these endings alone, it's interesting that 3 of his movies have featured them.

\S/T*
Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #24
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
No, I don't. TDK Returns' batarangs had a different look to his chest emblem.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #25
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

Did someone say Chunky? I need some Nachos.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Closed Thread