The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #351
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by green View Post
Kidder was too all over the place to be believable to me. I can't imagine her character actually sitting still for five minutes to actually write a thoughtful or hard hitting article.

A really bad poem maybe...
I dunno. I feel like she could've channeled her energy into something productive (like writing articles). Hell, you could even argue that her energy is what allowed her to become a successful reporter in the first place.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:46 PM   #352
Hulk-1700
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by green View Post
Kidder was too all over the place to be believable to me. I can't imagine her character actually sitting still for five minutes to actually write a thoughtful or hard hitting article.

A really bad poem maybe...
Agreed. Plus, I feel like Lois should always stand out in some way that can make the viewers go "ohhhh, I get why he's always pining after her."

Hatcher, Durance, & Adams all brought their own charisma to the role & were believable (especially the latter two) as reporters.

With Kidder & Bosworth, I've always felt like they were both horribly miscast in the role.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #353
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Dat Lois Lane

Thanks to yusuradreams

Old 02-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #354
Fizicks
Side-Kick

Just watched MOS again and I think Amy should let her hair down more. She looked her best when she had her hair down, but she had her hair either up or in a ponytail for the majority of the film. And besides, Lois was almost always drawn with her hair down in the comics.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #355
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Amy Adams- He [Phillip Seymour Hoffman] is one of my best friends. Absolutely. He believed in me before most people in Hollywood did. I would not have been in ‘Doubt’ with him and Meryl if he didn’t vouch for me. I don’t want to give any names but people at the top, well, they didn’t think I had what it took. He said to them, "I will walk away from this project if you replace her. She can do this. She’s going to steal your breath and then run away with your heart. Don’t f—k this up." They didn’t can me. It opened up doors for me which is a reason to love him but I have many more."

She ended up getting an Oscar nomination for her performance in Doubt.What a great actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman was.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #356
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Amy Adams- He [Phillip Seymour Hoffman] is one of my best friends. Absolutely. He believed in me before most people in Hollywood did. I would not have been in ĎDoubtí with him and Meryl if he didnít vouch for me. I donít want to give any names but people at the top, well, they didnít think I had what it took. He said to them, "I will walk away from this project if you replace her. She can do this. Sheís going to steal your breath and then run away with your heart. Donít fók this up." They didnít can me. It opened up doors for me which is a reason to love him but I have many more."

She ended up getting an Oscar nomination for her performance in Doubt.What a great actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman was.
Wow, that's really awesome that Hoffman did that for her. Seemed like a good guy and obviously one of the greatest actors we'll ever have. Such a shame. Just heartbreaking.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #357
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
David Goyers and Zack Snyders words from Empire magazine in the lead up to MOS.

Obviously we sidestepped the alter ego problem in this movie. We were conscious of that. Obviously it’s not an issue with Lois. Moving forward she’s his secret keeper, and part of the fun for us if we do move forward is they will be involved in a real relationship and she will be part of that, maintaining that fiction.

http://http://www.empireonline.com/f...el-secrets/p10
I really do hope Snyder makes good on that statement, I know a lot of people like the whole Lois not knowing dynamic, but my favorite dynamic between the two is when she's helping him keep his secret and covering for him, that's one of the few things that I thought Smallville really nailed.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:44 PM   #358
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Wow, that's really awesome that Hoffman did that for her. Seemed like a good guy and obviously one of the greatest actors we'll ever have. Such a shame. Just heartbreaking.
That is an awesome story. Very sorry to hear about Hoffman, but it's good to know in his short time he had an effect on people and will be remembered.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #359
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Old 02-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #360
Hulk-1700
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post

I must marry her.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #361
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Amy

Old 02-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #362
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Love her. Beautiful and classy person.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:58 PM   #363
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Amy is definitely one of those unique actresses that can pretty much pull off anything.

She has the acting chops, a great real-life personality, and can look cute, sexy, and beautiful all at once.

I'm so glad that she's our Lois Lane since I feel like her involvement with the franchise makes it better, even if she isn't exactly used as much as I feel like she could be.

And I really hope that when Amy's time as Lois is done, that it'll be at the same time as Henry's since I can't imagine either of them acting with a different lead for the series.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #364
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Agreed. They have such great chemistry and they each totally owned their characters. If one of them hangs it up, I don't think I'd want to see another actor take their place if the other one was still there. This isn't a "Bruce and Rachel" situation, lol.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #365
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Agreed. They have such great chemistry and they each totally owned their characters. If one of them hangs it up, I don't think I'd want to see another actor take their place if the other one was still there. This isn't a "Bruce and Rachel" situation, lol.
Agreed; I feel like you could recast almost anyone else within the superman franchise with the only exceptions being Henry and Amy.

I can't think of anyone who would be a better replacement for either of those two with this current franchise. I'm willing to accept someone else once both actors have moved on from their roles.

And until I see otherwise, it's not often where you find an actress who actually wants to play "Lois Lane" due to being a fan of the character and not just seeing it as a means towards boosting her fame.

Amy doesn't need this role. The role needs her at the moment.

Heck, before Amy and Henry conclude their performances, I really wish we can see their versions of Clark and Lois at least get married and have somewhat of a nice closure to their portrayals before someone else comes in and eventually takes over their roles respectively.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #366
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Whys do folks always bring up Amy Adams being recast or leaving? She isn't going to leave the franchise. first of all she auditioned twice before to get the Lois role and now when she has it she's going to want to leave? I'm sure I've seen Herolee10 mention this on a few occasions before.

Secondly these are her paycheck movies she's not one of those that wants to be in major blockbusters all the time and at the end of the day these movies pay her the big bucks.

Last edited by Fallen Angel; 02-06-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #367
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Yeah, that would be cool. I hope that they show their relationship progress through the series.

This was my only real gripe about Nolan's Batman films. I love them, I really do. But had they introduced Selina Kyle earlier in the series, we could have had Catwoman for more than just one movie. And IMO, Hathaway's Catwoman was the BEST Catwoman (never was a fan of Pfeiffer). It's a shame that we only got one movie with her while we got two with Rachel "Can You Just Die Already?" Dawes.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #368
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Whys do folks always bring up Amy Adams being recast or leaving? She isn't going to leave the franchise. first of all she auditioned twice before to get the Lois role and now when she has it she's going to want to leave? I'm sure I've seen Herolee10 mention this on a few occasions before.

Secondly these are her paycheck movies she's not one of those that wants to be in major blockbusters all the time and at the end of the day these movies pay her the big bucks.
lol; I think the original point of the previous topic was about WHEN Amy does eventually leave the role because I seriously doubt that she'll stick around as long as Hugh Jackman has with his Wolverine character.

Henry might be inclined to stay longer for the role since it's his leading role within Hollywood at the moment, but Amy doesn't need the role as much as he does currently.

And this actually goes back to my whole belief on hoping that they don't go down the route where Warner Bros wants to make as many films with Henry and Amy without having an "endgame" in mind since I'm more of a quality over quantity type of person.

Quote:
This was my only real gripe about Nolan's Batman films. I love them, I really do. But had they introduced Selina Kyle earlier in the series, we could have had Catwoman for more than just one movie. And IMO, Hathaway's Catwoman was the BEST Catwoman (never was a fan of Pfeiffer). It's a shame that we only got one movie with her while we got two with Rachel "Can You Just Die Already?" Dawes.
Hell, I wish they could have just used Talia in BB and allow a more faithful portrayal of their relationship to take place within the series.......and then they could bring Selina into TDK where she would finally transform into Catwoman at the end of it and come to retirement in TDKR as its presented.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #369
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Eh, I was okay with what they did with Talia. I understand why people would have preferred her to toe the line between good and evil a bit more but it can be hard to include everything in three movies. But yeah, if they hadn't included the Rachel character, there probably would have been a chance to use Talia that way.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #370
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
That's interesting, Rows. I...don't know about this. I agree Adams and Cavill had wonderful chemistry and I would hate for her to leave...but I would be okay if she were recast. I guess I feel this way because I don't think Cavill and Adams had some sort of singular chemistry. This could be a fault of the film...and may harken a bit to what Boy Scout has been saying about Adams' Lois being a bit bland.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #371
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
That's interesting, Rows. I...don't know about this. I agree Adams and Cavill had wonderful chemistry and I would hate for her to leave...but I would be okay if she were recast. I guess I feel this way because I don't think Cavill and Adams had some sort of singular chemistry. This could be a fault of the film...and may harken a bit to what Boy Scout has been saying about Adams' Lois being a bit bland.
Well it's a good thing this won't happen then.

WB won't get rid this isn't some no mark actress.
Does she seem the type to fall out with anyone let alone Director/Producers?

Last edited by Fallen Angel; 02-06-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #372
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Quote:
Well, Boy Scout feels that way because he is completely wrong.

I don't know, I mean, if Henry decided to play Superman for another 6 movies or something and Amy wanted to bail after part 3 (which would be understandable), I guess I wouldn't have an issue with it. But at least for me, personally, I thought she was perfect in the role and I hope she continues to play the part for as long as Henry plays Supes.

I also think people confuse "subtle" with "bland" to often. I didn't want a retread of Kidder's Lois. I love that portrayal as well, but I'm glad they went with a more subtle and ultimately more realistic approach.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #373
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Well it's a good thing this won't happen then. WB won't get rid this isn't some no mark actress. Does she seem the type to fall out with anyone let alone Director/Producers?
Fallen, I get your desire to be optimistic...lol...I really do, but I wasn't saying she was going to be recast. I was saying I would be okay if she were.

Quote:
Well, Boy Scout feels that way because he is completely wrong. I don't know, I mean, if Henry decided to play Superman for another 6 movies or something and Amy wanted to bail after part 3 (which would be understandable), I guess I wouldn't have an issue with it. But at least for me, personally, I thought she was perfect in the role and I hope she continues to play the part for as long as Henry plays Supes.
Again, I would be okay if she were recast. I don't want to see an old Lois, and at the pace WB is going she may have to be recast unless they find someway to stop time. I prefer a youthful Lois and Adams will lose what youthfulness she still has as time passes. That's just fact...not me trying to bad mouth her.

Quote:
I also think people confuse "subtle" with "bland" to often. I didn't want a retread of Kidder's Lois. I love that portrayal as well, but I'm glad they went with a more subtle and ultimately more realistic approach.
The problem with this is the script didn't really give their chemistry a chance to shine. Adams and Cavill did great with what they could. The looks and stares were fantastic, but if the script for the next movie is like that then we'll get more subtly and that's not going to help this Lois distinguish herself. While I don't want a retread of Kidder's performance either, I do think Lois has to be more "Lois-y". She needs something that distinguishes her from other woman, so she doesn't seem irreplaceable. That's the part of Kidder's performance that does need to be retread. Say what you want about her, but she left her mark on that role. That's what needs to happen for Adams too.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #374
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Fallen, I get your desire to be optimistic...lol...I really do, but I wasn't saying she was going to be recast. I was saying I would be okay if she were.

Again, I would be okay if she were recast. I don't want to see an old Lois, and at the pace WB is going she may have to be recast unless they find someway to stop time. I prefer a youthful Lois and Adams will lose what youthfulness she still has as time passes. That's just fact...not me trying to bad mouth her.
I wasn't saying you were all I'm saying is what the reasons be for a recast and I don't think WB are stupid enough to go up to Amy Adams and say "you're getting old sister hit the roads".

and frankly I've had enough of this crap not aimed at you Charl but for crying out loud she's about to play Lois for the second maybe third time if they are filming back to back and people talking about recasting?. If and when that time comes talk about it then but it seems the Amy Adams thread always get a round of discussion about recasting or her age.

Last edited by Fallen Angel; 02-06-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #375
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Unfortunately Fallen that's not going to go away. That good news is Cavill will get older too...lol...and eventually we'll be talking about recasting him as well.

Closed Thread