The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 04:49 AM   #501
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Forreal, brah? She gave me a raging boner the whole movie.
Maooz... You're a teenaged boy. A stiff wind gives you a boner. The Land o' Lakes Indian girl mascot gives you a boner. Seeing an Animal Planet special about monkeys grooming each other gives you a boner. Thinking about your 50year old postal lady's ankles gives you a boner. In short at that age, EVERYTHING gives you a boner.

But real talk, Amy is great at being the "good" girl and the "bad" girl. Enchanting actress no matter what she plays.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:07 AM   #502
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
^ I didn't mean you. I have heard some folks say they wished she looked like that as Lois and it always boggles my mind.
I don't think it's a reference to her attire or demeanor in American Hustle, MrsKent. Some of us just think her coloring in that film really complements her features.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:11 AM   #503
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

What 2014 movies is Amy Adams appearing in?

Another oscar nomination?

Old 02-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #504
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
What 2014 movies is Amy Adams appearing in?

Another oscar nomination?

As far as I know which aint a lot but she has two films coming out this year. A small indie film and then her big one for this year Big Eyes which is produced by Harvey Weinstein and directed by Tim Burton. She stars with Christoph Waltz.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:53 AM   #505
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I don't think MOS was trying to flatter her and make her look beautiful. I don't think her beauty was even meant to be a focus and to be honest, I found that oddly refreshing.
I hear you completely. At the end of the day, though, it's just a movie. For good or ill, people expect actors to look their best unless a given script demands otherwise. Women want Superman to look handsome; guys want Lois to look attractive. I'm not saying that's necessarily right in the sociopolitical sense, but it's just a very simplified and honest explanation as to why you tend to see certain types of comments in the Amy Adams and Henry Cavill threads where the focus isn't exactly on their acting prowess.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #506
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
I hear you completely. At the end of the day, though, it's just a movie. For good or ill, people expect actors to look their best unless a given script demands otherwise. Women want Superman to look handsome; guys want Lois to look attractive. I'm not saying that's necessarily right in the sociopolitical sense, but it's just a very simplified and honest explanation as to why you tend to see certain types of comments in the Amy Adams and Henry Cavill threads where the focus isn't exactly on their acting prowess.
I get why people say the things they do and it doesn't usually bother me. I just appreciated the approach they took with Lois because it was a refreshing change. It was nice to see her dressing and looking like a reporter and not a model.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #507
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
Might be my favorite scene as well, very well executed part of the film, despite Lois's use of superspeed to actually get there that quickly.
Lol....I was wondering that as well....hey, but it's a comic book movie, so it gets a pass for me...

Old 02-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #508
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #509
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #510
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

We should also take into consideration....She went into MOS after having her baby. Come on! Amy is fantastic.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:06 AM   #511
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
We should also take into consideration....She went into MOS after having her baby. Come on! Amy is fantastic.
Agreed times infinity.

If your complaint is that "Amy looks old" (which is completely ridiculous) you need to accept the fact that you's a hater with immense insecurities.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:29 AM   #512
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

What looks old is subjective though. I don't think Adams looks "old", but I'm 30, I myself am old, elderly even to a large swath of our user base. I can understand if she looks old to our 15 year-old posters.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 02-23-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:48 AM   #513
Asr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
I watched American Hustle and thought she looked aged. That's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Nah she's aged you know probably should retire from doing any acting now where she gets to show her face.
Quote:
Who cares? She's super wrinkly so if I ever got the chance to do dirty stuff with her, I'd put a trash bag on her head.
Amy looks "aged" and "wrinkly"? Granted, she's obviously not some college-aged spring chicken anymore, but I don't get why immature fanboys keep calling her aged or old. Someone like Meryl Streep is aged & wrinkly, not Amy Adams.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #514
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Amy at the Costume Designers Awards last night.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #515
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
Amy looks "aged" and "wrinkly"? Granted, she's obviously not some college-aged spring chicken anymore, but I don't get why immature fanboys keep calling her aged or old. Someone like Meryl Streep is aged & wrinkly, not Amy Adams.
FYI, Fallen Angel and Maooz were being sarcastic.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #516
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 02-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #517
BigA
Side-Kick

Amy dresses so stylish and classy. Love that color on her.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #518
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Who cares? She's super wrinkly so if I ever got the chance to do dirty stuff with her, I'd put a trash bag on her head.
I love the comments made by children....so immature, so crude, so unaware of real life.

I'd say it's more believable that she would put the bag over her own head so that she wouldn't have to look at you.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #519
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I love the comments made by children....so immature, so crude, so unaware of real life.

I'd say it's more believable that she would put the bag over her own head so that she wouldn't have to look at you.
Maooz was just expressing sarcasm in response to an earlier comment by SofNascimento.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #520
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Yeah guys me and moose were being sarcastic.

I love me a bit of Amy Adams.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #521
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Holy shish kebab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post

I was playing around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Yeah guys me and moose were being sarcastic.

I love me a bit of Amy Adams.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 AM   #522
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
What looks old is subjective though. I don't think Adams looks "old", but I'm 30, I myself am old, elderly even to a large swath of our user base. I can understand if she looks old to our 15 year-old posters.

Well, except that that in and of itself is a cultural problem and it's a cultural problem that has gotten more serious over the last few decades as media has taken more of a hold and become more and more youth driven.

I know people mean well when they say "Amy doesn't look like she's almost 40! She has no wrinkles etc!" These are very well meaning posts. But that's not ACTUALLY the issue here, guys.

We don't feel the need to defend how "young" 40 year old men look. No one has to sit around going, "Christian Bale is not old! Look how young he looks he has no wrinkles and he looked hot in that movie!"

The issue is that it's ok to look like you aren't 25. It's ok to look 40! THAT IS OK. It's ok to have wrinkles. It's ok to AGE. You don't just wake up one day at age 40 and all of a sudden you are no longer worthy of sex and love or something.

So while it's all well and good that people think Amy looks "young" and while I know people mean well when they say she "doesn't look her age." You aren't actually doing women any favors in terms of the ageism when you say that stuff. Because the implication is STILL that women have to look young to be worthy of being the soulmate of Superman. And that's screwed up, guys.

Maybe it's not that Amy Adams looks young. Maybe it's that women are capable of being really stunningly beautiful at age 40. Maybe THAT is what 40 looks like. To the people calling her old? I don't know what to tell you except that time will get you too. You will not live forever. You will age. And when you are 40, I really hope that no one ever treats you the way you treat her. I hope that no one acts like you are no longer worthy of certain things bc you are no longer super young. Life has a funny way of turning these things around.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #523
Sterling Archer
Worlds Greatest Super Spy

Amy is beautiful and a great actress. Who cares about her age.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:18 AM   #524
boo123
Side-Kick

it's unfortunate that hollywood is so fixed on an actress age. i remember when jessica chastain hit it big with zero dark thirty, she refused to reveal her age. it was only later that someone from her high school days posted info of her yearbook, then people found out her real age. i believe she's 37 now.

as for amy, some people like to bring up her age because she's 39. it's not because she LOOKS like 39, but ON PAPER she is 39. so what if on paper she is 33 (i'm just use it as a scenario)? i'm sure no one would be complaining she's old!

for example, rosemund pike is 35, but she has the mature look. i always feel like she's in her late 30s or early 40s (no disrespect. she's a good actress). because on paper she's 35, so no one is going to complain she's old yet.

anyway, one thing that is in amy's favor is that she looks younger than her actual age. she has that sweet/innocent look. no one believes she's in her late 30s. so that's why she keeps getting these roles paired up with hot young guys.

Last edited by boo123; 02-24-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:23 AM   #525
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I more easily believe that Amy looks age appropriate to play a Pulitzer Prize winning print journalist than I ever will Kate "eat something already!" Bosworth.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Closed Thread