The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #151
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 3

Old 01-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #152
Loki882
Side-Kick

That hair, those eyes, those lips, magnificent.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #153
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, it's kind of adorable. It's so funny because I remember way back when the two of them were cast, people were worried that they wouldn't have chemistry for some reason.
They had their moments. But seriously, a lot of the chemistry isn't on the film

Old 01-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #154
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I didn't think they had much chemistry either.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #155
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
They had their moments. But seriously, a lot of the chemistry isn't on the film
I think there are few more moments between them that are on the cutting room floor, which is why I'm hoping we get an extended version in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I thought they had a lot of chemistry. The right sort of chemistry too. She wasn't completely fawning over him like STM's Lois, and he was attracted to her, but not overly so.

Scout, you seriously didn't feel any chemistry during the desert scene or the one in the corn field?

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #156
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
I thought they did but like beauty it's all about what you prefer.

if you think Adams and Cavill were bad then the other actresses must have been absolutely horrible because auditions for a big role like this they do chemistry test with the lead guy.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #157
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post

Lois Lane.....

Old 01-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #158
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Anyone who wants to see a different side to Amy; American Hustle.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #159
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I think there are few more moments between them that are on the cutting room floor, which is why I'm hoping we get an extended version in the future.

I thought they had a lot of chemistry. The right sort of chemistry too. She wasn't completely fawning over him like STM's Lois, and he was attracted to her, but not overly so.

Scout, you seriously didn't feel any chemistry during the desert scene or the one in the corn field?
they had more chemistry than the periodic table in those scenes. On a serious note they had a pretty natural chemistry. Not a over-acted chemistry as some are used to see. I mean obviously everything has its right time, I didn't expect the first sight fan-crush as previous Lois characters had. These couple is growing on the right time.

Last edited by John-An; 01-26-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #160
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

THIS. I thought they had chemistry.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #161
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not really, no. The only Lois and Clark they had more chemistry than was Routh and Bosworth, and that isn't saying much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
I thought they did but like beauty it's all about what you prefer.
Chemistry has nothing to do with preference. It either exists or it doesn't.

Quote:
if you think Adams and Cavill were bad then the other actresses must have been absolutely horrible because auditions for a big role like this they do chemistry test with the lead guy.
Doesn't really matter to me. We have to work with what we have, and what we have so far isn't anything to write home about (IMO). I think their lack of chemistry has more to do with a lack of material than inherent incompatibility. I feel nothing for them as a couple because I thought their romance was rushed and the complete opposite of emotionally engaging.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #162
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Like I said everyone has different opinions an I thought they did.

Doesn't really matter to me either. I'm just saying if you thought they were bad then imagine what the other actresses were like?

Okay but they aren't a couple the foundations were laid down for that in the final scene so nothing was rushed. So to say you feel nothing for them as a couple well it's wrong. Who said they were a couple by the end? Did we get any confirmation they were? The kiss was heat of the moment we survived hell on earth kiss.

This is a post about on tumblr that i saw last year explains it pretty much.

It's not Happily Ever After, it's The Adventure Begins

So I’ve been hearing some people say that the romance subplot in Man of Steel is bad. You know, feels unwarranted, whatever. I don’t get that. Maybe if the movie had ended with Lois and Clark getting married, or having kids, but no. It ends pretty much with them starting a relationship. It’s a first date/second date kinda thing, not an epic love. Not yet. And I don’t think it was being sold as an epic love at that point.

Compare the Thor movie, where we’re meant to believe that Thor flirting with Jane for a while had made him a better man and he’d fallen in love with her to the point that Loki threatening her could compel him to attack his beloved brother. Now that’s unearned. But we don’t get that in MoS. When a loved one is threatened so Superman will flip out and attack the bad guy full power, it’s his mother. When people are threatened to the point that Superman must kill to save them, Lois isn’t among them. As the movie itself says, by the end of the show, they’ve JUST HAD THEIR FIRST KISS. THAT’S IT.

So with that in mind, all we have to do is justify Clark and Lois having a romantic interest in each other. (Note: From the mythos, we know a major factor in this is that Lois is consistently let down by people, institutions, everything, and Clark is one of the few things in the world that stands up to her scrutiny. But that’s more of an “It’s In The Manuel" sort of thing, so we’ll skip it.)

From Lois’s perspective: A man (who admittedly is very handsome) saves her life, even though it jeopardizes his own secret, with no thought of reward or “You’d better keep your mouth shut." Given all the cover-ups a Pulitzer-Prize-winning journalist would come across, and all the **** people have done to keep skeletons in their closets, that alone is worthy of note. Then she finds out this guy has pretty much dedicated his life to saving people, consistently willing to sacrifice his own comfortable existence if it means other people are safe. She has a face-to-face meeting with him; he’s respectful, open, and honest with her. She sees him put his own life in jeopardy, repeatedly, to save the human race (which has, via the military, imprisoned him and attempted to kill him), as well as rescue her repeatedly (including making it a caveat of his surrender to the military that she be set free). Even when Zod’s mind-probe of her puts Martha Kent in danger, his very first thought is “Don’t worry, it’s not your fault," instead of being the slightest bit angry. Now, maybe it’s just me, but it’d take the worst sort of “Girls Only Go For *******s" type to think all THAT wouldn’t make an impression.

From Clark’s perspective: After a lifetime of staying away from people for fear that they’ll learn his secret and attack him, he meets an (admittedly very pretty) woman who is completely cool with it. And his habit of saving lives, one that he’s gotten no support or praise for, not even from his own father? She likes it. She offers him unconditional support as he confides in her and debates with her as an equal. She promises to keep his secret and does, even when the entire world is against her, even when she’s been unjustly imprisoned by the military. She risks her own life to participate in the attack on Zod’s ship. Finally, even when she sees him at his worst, forced to execute Zod, she still accepts and comforts him. Now, I gotta think most guys, when confronted with a beautiful, intelligent woman who is awesome at her job, completely trustworthy, and totally supportive of them, would go “Where do I sign up?"

So c’mon fellas, what more do you want? Does he have to fly her around the world, listening to spoken-word poetry, to seal the deal?

Last edited by Fallen Angel; 01-26-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #163
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
they had more chemistry than the periodic table in those scenes. On a serious note they had a pretty natural chemistry. Not a over-acted chemistry as some are used to see. I mean obviously everything has its right time, I didn't expect the first sight fan-crush as previous Lois characters had. These couple is growing on the right time.
Exactly. I thought MOS Superman/Clark and Lois had natural chemistry. Plus Adams and Cavill did such a great job of conveying a mutual attraction that was based on something more substantial than he's hot.

Quote:
Not really, no. The only Lois and Clark they had more chemistry than was Routh and Bosworth, and that isn't saying much.
Hmmm....what sort of chemistry were you expecting? I think that's a fair question, so I look forward to your answer.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #164
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

Doesn't really matter to me either. I'm just saying if you thought they were bad then imagine what the other actresses were like?

Okay but they aren't a couple the foundations were laid down for that in the final scene so nothing was rushed. So to say you feel nothing for them as a couple well it's wrong. Who said they were a couple by the end? Did we get any confirmation they were? The kiss was heat of the moment we survived hell on earth kiss.

It's not Happily Ever After, it's The Adventure Begins

So I’ve been hearing some people say that the romance subplot in Man of Steel is bad. You know, feels unwarranted, whatever. I don’t get that. Maybe if the movie had ended with Lois and Clark getting married, or having kids, but no. It ends pretty much with them starting a relationship. It’s a first date/second date kinda thing, not an epic love. Not yet. And I don’t think it was being sold as an epic love at that point.

Compare the Thor movie, where we’re meant to believe that Thor flirting with Jane for a while had made him a better man and he’d fallen in love with her to the point that Loki threatening her could compel him to attack his beloved brother. Now that’s unearned. But we don’t get that in MoS. When a loved one is threatened so Superman will flip out and attack the bad guy full power, it’s his mother. When people are threatened to the point that Superman must kill to save them, Lois isn’t among them. As the movie itself says, by the end of the show, they’ve JUST HAD THEIR FIRST KISS. THAT’S IT.

So with that in mind, all we have to do is justify Clark and Lois having a romantic interest in each other. (Note: From the mythos, we know a major factor in this is that Lois is consistently let down by people, institutions, everything, and Clark is one of the few things in the world that stands up to her scrutiny. But that’s more of an “It’s In The Manuel" sort of thing, so we’ll skip it.)

From Lois’s perspective: A man (who admittedly is very handsome) saves her life, even though it jeopardizes his own secret, with no thought of reward or “You’d better keep your mouth shut." Given all the cover-ups a Pulitzer-Prize-winning journalist would come across, and all the **** people have done to keep skeletons in their closets, that alone is worthy of note. Then she finds out this guy has pretty much dedicated his life to saving people, consistently willing to sacrifice his own comfortable existence if it means other people are safe. She has a face-to-face meeting with him; he’s respectful, open, and honest with her. She sees him put his own life in jeopardy, repeatedly, to save the human race (which has, via the military, imprisoned him and attempted to kill him), as well as rescue her repeatedly (including making it a caveat of his surrender to the military that she be set free). Even when Zod’s mind-probe of her puts Martha Kent in danger, his very first thought is “Don’t worry, it’s not your fault," instead of being the slightest bit angry. Now, maybe it’s just me, but it’d take the worst sort of “Girls Only Go For *******s" type to think all THAT wouldn’t make an impression.

From Clark’s perspective: After a lifetime of staying away from people for fear that they’ll learn his secret and attack him, he meets an (admittedly very pretty) woman who is completely cool with it. And his habit of saving lives, one that he’s gotten no support or praise for, not even from his own father? She likes it. She offers him unconditional support as he confides in her and debates with her as an equal. She promises to keep his secret and does, even when the entire world is against her, even when she’s been unjustly imprisoned by the military. She risks her own life to participate in the attack on Zod’s ship. Finally, even when she sees him at his worst, forced to execute Zod, she still accepts and comforts him. Now, I gotta think most guys, when confronted with a beautiful, intelligent woman who is awesome at her job, completely trustworthy, and totally supportive of them, would go “Where do I sign up?"

So c’mon fellas, what more do you want? Does he have to fly her around the world, listening to spoken-word poetry, to seal the deal?
I'm glad you posted this. I saw this on tumble before and thought it was a good post.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #165
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Which is fine.

Quote:
Again: it doesn't matter if those other actresses were worse because those actresses weren't chosen.

Quote:
Okay but they aren't a couple the foundations were laid down for that in the final scene so nothing was rushed.
Whether or not they are a couple is irrelevant. There was a romantic connotation attached to their relationship, which is why they shared a kiss. That kiss, by the way, took me out of the movie. The build up to it was insufficient, making the payoff unsatisfying.

Quote:
So to say you feel nothing for them as a couple well it's wrong.
1) An opinion can't be wrong.

2) You misunderstood me. When I said I felt nothing for them as a couple, I meant that I have no investment in their relationship and don't care where their relationship goes from here.

Quote:
The kiss was heat of the moment we survived hell on earth kiss.
Which sounds nice on paper, but came off as awkward and out of place on film.

Quote:

I'm not discussing this with some random person on Tumblr. Their thoughts and opinions are irrelevant to me. If you want to continue this discussion, please do so using your own material.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #166
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Dude I'm not one for long drawn out arguments especially one about if a pair of actors had chemistry or not. I thought they had chemistry and were fine you didn't.

As for that tumblr post it sums up my feelings on it as I'm not so eloquent to put my feelings/words into my posts. What's wrong about that post in your opinion then?

Old 01-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #167
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hmmm....what sort of chemistry were you expecting? I think that's a fair question, so I look forward to your answer.
I was expecting chemistry. Henry and Amy didn't really have it. There was nothing I found particularly exciting or electric about any of their interactions and I did not walk away from the film feeling excited about how their relationship would go in the sequel. It doesn't have anything to do with past interpretations of the Superman/Lois relationship. They, by themselves, do nothing for me.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #168
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dude I'm not one for long drawn out arguments especially one about if a pair of actors had chemistry or not. I thought they had chemistry and were fine you didn't.

Quote:
As for that tumblr post it sums up my feelings on it as I'm not so eloquent to put my feelings/words into my posts. What's wrong about that post in your opinion then?
I didn't read it. It was obnoxiously long. And again: if we're going to have this conversation, I'd rather argue against what you are personally saying than to break down another person's thoughts and feelings.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #169
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I thought Cavill/Adams had chemistry. It was hot. That be all.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #170
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Long posts are the ones I like to read do you know why?. its' because it may be crap by the time i've finished but the person has put effort into writing it and I may as well spends a couple of minutes reading their point of view.
I don't mind long posts in general. If that had been something you had written, I would probably still be typing up a response to it. However, since it was written by someone else, and a disinterest already exists because of that, I didn't want to waste time reading it. All sarcasm aside, I would be happy to respond to an abridged version if you'd like.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #171
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
I don't mind long posts in general. If that had been something you had written, I would probably still be typing up a response to it. However, since it was written by someone else, and a disinterest already exists because of that, I didn't want to waste time reading it. All sarcasm aside, I would be happy to respond to an abridged version if you'd like.
I understand man and a abridged version isn't possible as I usually have a hard time putting down or saying what I feel.
But just read that post when you have a spare couple of minutes you don't have to give your thought's on it on here but see if you change your understanding slightly.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #172
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I thought one of the best examples of their chemistry was during this scene:

Old 01-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #173
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
I understand man and a abridged version isn't possible as I usually have a hard time putting down or saying what I feel.
But just read that post when you have a spare couple of minutes you don't have to give your thought's on it on here but see if you change your understanding slightly.
I'm content to agree to disagree. Like I said, I don't think Henry and Amy are incompatible or anything. I just think they need better material to work with.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #174
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
I'm content to agree to disagree. Like I said, I don't think Henry and Amy are incompatible or anything. I just think they need better material to work with.

Fair do's my son and if I could get rid of Goyer then I would. I don't think it's wrong to say that man struggles to write female characters.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #175
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I thought one of the best examples of their chemistry was during this scene:

Honestly, I think Henry is just so naturally charming and charismatic that he can do a lot of the heavy lifting by himself. Not to say Amy isn't talented (although she was pretty damn vanilla in MOS) or that you aren't getting those vibes from both of them; I'm just saying.

Closed Thread