The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #3
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,725
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
Batman first!:woot:
You know what they say, 'It's love at first sight'. :o

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,457
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Why The Dark Knight Strikes Again is bad? Well:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Bad art, Batman treats Superman like garbage, Batman kills, the villain is a shape-shifting Dick Grayson, Superman and Wonder Woman has sex (which causes people to die), news in the nude, Superchix, Elongated Man making ads for viagra etc.


It's like having a horrible nightmare about your favorite superheroes

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #5
Wise
Watchtower Janitor
 
Wise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,990
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
Why The Dark Knight Strikes Again is bad? Well:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Bad art, Batman treats Superman like garbage, Batman kills, the villain is a shape-shifting Dick Grayson, Superman and Wonder Woman has sex (which causes people to die), news in the nude, Superchix, Elongated Man making ads for viagra etc.


It's like having a horrible nightmare about your favorite superheroes
It's like Frank Miller snorted some Andy Warhol art up his nose, then took a few disco biscuits, stabbed blank paper repeatedly with a brush and then vomited all over it, while reciting the dialogue as a spoken word song to the tune of a guy with a bongo.

__________________
We've had a chai Zod... a soy chai.

HERESY!
Wise is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #6
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...
 
BatFan1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: The Verse
Posts: 1,933
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

So I have a question - this many have come up in the past already, but I just haven't seen it: If Disney owns Marvel, and Marvel has a division solely focused on producing movies based on their characters (Marvel Studios), and WB owns DC Comics, wouldn't it be smart for WB's to start DC Studios? I mean if it's that hard to keep up with Marvel on the amount of releases per year, why wouldn't this move make sense?

BatFan1979 is online now  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,457
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
It's like Frank Miller snorted some Andy Warhol art up his nose, then took a few disco biscuits, stabbed blank paper repeatedly with a brush and then vomited all over it, while reciting the dialogue as a spoken word song to the tune of a guy with a bongo.
That's also a good way to describe it

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #8
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,105
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
Why The Dark Knight Strikes Again is bad? Well:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Bad art, Batman treats Superman like garbage, Batman kills, the villain is a shape-shifting Dick Grayson, Superman and Wonder Woman has sex (which causes people to die), news in the nude, Superchix, Elongated Man making ads for viagra etc.


It's like having a horrible nightmare about your favorite superheroes
Even worse art than TDKR? (I wasn't a fan of it)

Hmm... is it even a so bad, it's good story like his All Star Batman and Robin? I still have to read that, but this had me laughing so hard when I read it years ago...

http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox7/

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #9
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,457
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Even worse art than TDKR? (I wasn't a fan of it)

Hmm... is it even a so bad, it's good story like his All Star Batman and Robin? I still have to read that, but this had me laughing so hard when I read it years ago...

http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox7/
If you didn't like the art in TDKR, Strikes Again will make you throw up.

It's entertaining in a way. All-Star Batman and Robin is worse

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:11 AM   #10
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,105
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
If you didn't like the art in TDKR, Strikes Again will make you throw up.

It's entertaining in a way. All-Star Batman and Robin is worse
Ok. I'll be prepared for it when I read it eventually.

I think Miller just likes to make his Batman straight up crazy. It makes sense if you follow his version from Year One to All-Star to TDKR and end with Strikes Again.

Maybe he's even just trolling people who took Year One and TDKR so seriously. Thus, makes his Batman crazy to see how people would react.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #11
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

The Dark Knight Returns is a classic and like most classics its slightly overrated but it is damn good but has many flaws.

The Dark Knight Strikes Again is dreadful, poor art, poor story and the worse thing is the characters are in costume but aren't the characters they're supposed to be. This book has no redeeming qualities.

All Star Batman & Robin is awful but its got some great Jim Lee art. Again the characters aren't the characters they actually are. No one acts like they should or would normally. This might have the worst intepretation of Batman ever.

BH/HHH is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #12
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,457
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Maybe he's even just trolling people who took Year One and TDKR so seriously. Thus, makes his Batman crazy to see how people would react.
I believe he is

That, or Sin City destroyed his mind.

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #13
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,457
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
All Star Batman & Robin is awful but its got some great Jim Lee art. Again the characters aren't the characters they actually are. No one acts like they should or would normally. This might have the worst intepretation of Batman ever.
Eat glass, lawman!

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #14
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,105
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
I believe he is

That, or Sin City destroyed his mind.
Ha! Haven't read that too. Only saw the film. I thought it was ok. I kinda want to see The Spirit because of how bad it supposedly is.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #15
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,285
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
So I have a question - this many have come up in the past already, but I just haven't seen it: If Disney owns Marvel, and Marvel has a division solely focused on producing movies based on their characters (Marvel Studios), and WB owns DC Comics, wouldn't it be smart for WB's to start DC Studios? I mean if it's that hard to keep up with Marvel on the amount of releases per year, why wouldn't this move make sense?
Because that would actually be awesome and make sense and thats not WB's thing.

But really I think it all comes down to money. Disney has enough money to buy WB many times over. WB does not have faith in the DC franchises other than Bats/Supes so it's more prudent for them to make just Bats/Supes movies without funding a seperate studio.

__________________
"Can't I just keep pretending I'm your son ?"

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:36 AM   #16
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,457
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Ha! Haven't read that too. Only saw the film. I thought it was ok. I kinda want to see The Spirit because of how bad it supposedly is.
I've read the Hard Goodbye, and I saw the movie a long time ago. While I think it's too gory and sadistic (not a fan of sexual stuff in movies either), it's a well-made movie.

I would like to see more comic book movies made in the same style. It reminded me of Dick Tracy


Last edited by Goshdarn Batman; 01-21-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #17
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
Eat glass, lawman!
Is that one of his lines I can rememeber.

All I remember is him saying I'm the Goddamn Batman in his head over and over and over urgh!

What they did to Green Lantern in that book sickens me.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #18
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,105
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
I've read the Hard Goodbye, and I saw the movie a long time ago. While I think it's too gory and sadistic (not a fan of sexual stuff in movies either), it's a well-made movie.

I would like to see more comic book movies made in the same style. It reminded me of Dick Tracy
I'll probably check out the new one. But, not in theaters. Same with the next 300 film. I liked the first one for what it was.

I saw the Dick Tracy film once. But, I hardly remember it.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #19
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,457
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I'll probably check out the new one. But, not in theaters. Same with the next 300 film. I liked the first one for what it was.

I saw the Dick Tracy film once. But, I hardly remember it.
I liked parts of 300 exciting battle scenes. But:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
what was up with the goat-man and amputees? It disturbed me



Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #20
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,725
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

All of youz should eat floor, high in fiber.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #21
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,105
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
I liked parts of 300 exciting battle scenes. But:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
what was up with the goat-man and amputees? It disturbed me


Have you checked out Spartacus? The fights on that show were pretty awesome.

I have no idea. I wanted to know what was up with Xerxes' voice. I kept laughing whenever he talked.

And I loved this...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #22
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,658
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
So I have a question - this many have come up in the past already, but I just haven't seen it: If Disney owns Marvel, and Marvel has a division solely focused on producing movies based on their characters (Marvel Studios), and WB owns DC Comics, wouldn't it be smart for WB's to start DC Studios? I mean if it's that hard to keep up with Marvel on the amount of releases per year, why wouldn't this move make sense?
It depends on what your goal is. If your goal is to increase the number of DC movies, than yeah, it'd be the best move. However, for the overall company, doing that kind of redesign would very likely not increase the number of movies *WB* could do, since you'd largely be shuffling around existing assets. Note that when Disney bought Marvel, Marvel Studios already had a full infrastructure for making movies ( in terms of both personnel and equipment ); WB would have to create said infrastructure out of their existing personnel and resource base.

Regardless, it won't happen anytime soon, if ever. The DC IP is handled by multiple different sub-studios inside WB ( three, last I heard ), and any attempt to consolidate them into a single studio would draw political opposition from at least two of those existing studios and their executives.

metaphysician is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #23
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.
 
Pfeiffer-Pfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 9,723
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
All of youz should eat floor, high in fiber.

__________________
Michelle Pfeiffer:
Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #24
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...
 
BatFan1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: The Verse
Posts: 1,933
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
It depends on what your goal is. If your goal is to increase the number of DC movies, than yeah, it'd be the best move. However, for the overall company, doing that kind of redesign would very likely not increase the number of movies *WB* could do, since you'd largely be shuffling around existing assets. Note that when Disney bought Marvel, Marvel Studios already had a full infrastructure for making movies ( in terms of both personnel and equipment ); WB would have to create said infrastructure out of their existing personnel and resource base.

Regardless, it won't happen anytime soon, if ever. The DC IP is handled by multiple different sub-studios inside WB ( three, last I heard ), and any attempt to consolidate them into a single studio would draw political opposition from at least two of those existing studios and their executives.
I see your point here. I guess marvel just had the advantage from the beginning since they already had a film production company set up. How things would have been different if DC had done the same thing at some point.

BatFan1979 is online now  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #25
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 18,362
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
What was that scene about again? Why were they doing that gesture?

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.