The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #51
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Snyder is making DC vs Marvel without permission.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #52
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

John Stewart eh? I think that's who the Rock could be playing but isn't the Rock much bigger than Cavil? That would be awkward.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #53
smokethejoke
Side-Kick

I came across some rumors on another forum but I'm not sure I wanna post it. It sounds sort of plausible, but you never know. The source was someone recently let go from the production. What's the protocol for posting rumors around here that aren't really coming from a site or someone's twitter account that people are familiar with? I don't want to get burned.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #54
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokethejoke View Post
I came across some rumors on another forum but I'm not sure I wanna post it. It sounds sort of plausible, but you never know. The source was someone recently let go from the production. What's the protocol for posting rumors around here that aren't really coming from a site or someone's twitter account that people are familiar with? I don't want to get burned.
Not been on these boards long enough to know. But from observation it goes like this - you post the rumor while clearly specifying that it is a rumor which came from an unknown poster at a different board.

Then you watch this board freak out over the rumor

Old 01-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #55
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
You post them. Or you could just private message me about the rumor and not tell anyone else.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #56
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/d..._vs_super.html

Quote:
'Man of Steel 2' Batman vs. Superman delays won't affect work in Detroit, Michigan Film Office confirms Eric Lacy | elacy@mlive.com By Eric Lacy | elacy@mlive.com Email the author | Follow on Twitter on January 21, 2014 at 11:03 AM, updated January 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Old 01-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #57
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Not been on these boards long enough to know. But from observation it goes like this - you post the rumor while clearly specifying that it is a rumor which came from an unknown poster at a different board.

Then you watch this board freak out over the rumor
And some, if not, a lot take it as fact.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #58
smokethejoke
Side-Kick

Alright, so it seems like it is alright?

These would be major spoilers, if they are true, which I have my doubts because it's a collection of stuff that has been rumored before in some way. So, take them with a massive grain of salt!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Time for some possible ********. These are rumors I've heard from someone that got fired from the production recently (like the past week). Take this with a grain of salt though, folks. Seriously. Please note that there are some major spoilers here if any of it is true.

The villians are Lex Luthor and Metallo

Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city

Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He's there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish

Jason Momao is definitely up for Aquaman

Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.

Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.

Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them

The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton's

Lois is investigating Lex.

Metallo "kills" Clark

The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes

At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.

My source is someone from the art department that supposedly got ****canned (apparently a bunch of them were fired). I confirm nothing. Just passing along what I heard. Take it with the proper amount of salt.

Link: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=394

Old 01-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #59
Loki882
Side-Kick

I doubt that that rumor is true. However, if those really were Aquaman and Wonder Woman's motivations, then that would actually make sense. In fact, my idea for introducing Aquaman had to do with the WE messing up the oceans as well. Lois investigating Lex would also be cool. I REALLY don't see Batman or Aquaman willingly working for the government.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #60
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

^damn. Sounds kind of legit, but now that I read it, I hope it isn't.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #61
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:

These would be major spoilers, if they are true, which I have my doubts because it's a collection of stuff that has been rumored before in some way. So, take them with a massive grain of salt!

Time for some possible ********. These are rumors I've heard from someone that got fired from the production recently (like the past week). Take this with a grain of salt though, folks. Seriously. Please note that there are some major spoilers here if any of it is true.

Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He's there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish

Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.

Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.

Metallo "kills" Clark

At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.

My source is someone from the art department that supposedly got ****canned (apparently a bunch of them were fired). I confirm nothing. Just passing along what I heard. Take it with the proper amount of salt.

Doubt those are true, but the intention of WW and Aquaman do make sense.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #62
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:

Metallo "kills" Clark

Some I believe but some I don't:

I believe this.

This sounds far fetched.

Because it did something to the fish. Nope, calling ********.

Don't care.

Wasn't this what Talia did in The Dark Knight Rises? Calling ********.

I believe this. Lex is a manipulator.

It's already been said that Nightwing and Batman had a falling out already. I don't think they will have another one in the movie. More like Bruce reaches out to Dick and they start working together again.

I believe this.

Believable.

Metallo "kills" Clark

What? Why? How?

I could see this happening but didn't something like that happen in Superman 4?

What? ********.

And that's my review.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #63
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

I think most of those rumors were true at one point, but since everybody involved in that aspect of the planning stages were fired...it's probably going to be restructured. Hence the 2016 push.

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Old 01-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #64
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Some I believe but some I don't:

I believe this.

This sounds far fetched.

Because it did something to the fish. Nope, calling ********.

Don't care.

Wasn't this what Talia did in The Dark Knight Rises? Calling ********.

I believe this. Lex is a manipulator.

It's already been said that Nightwing and Batman had a falling out already. I don't think they will have another one in the movie. More like Bruce reaches out to Dick and they start working together again.

I believe this.

Believable.

Metallo "kills" Clark

What? Why? How?

I could see this happening but didn't something like that happen in Superman 4?

What? ********.

And that's my review.
I think that the Aquaman thing wouldn't be simply that Zod "messed up the fish." It's more likely that the World Engine massively screwed up the ocean's ecosystem and topography, and that that is causing major problems. Aquaman emerging because of something like that ABSOLUTELY fits his character. And WW posing as a Wayne Investor would explain why her role was initially thought to be Bruce's "love interest." And no, it wouldn't be the same as Talia.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #65
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I doubt that that rumor is true. However, if those really were Aquaman and Wonder Woman's motivations, then that would actually make sense. In fact, my idea for introducing Aquaman had to do with the WE messing up the oceans as well. Lois investigating Lex would also be cool. I REALLY don't see Batman or Aquaman willingly working for the government.
From the moment Batman was said to be in this film and that Lex would be the villain, I kept thinking, "How else are they going to keep Amy Adams interested in staying in this franchise? How does Lois fit in?"

Immediately, I figured the film's plot would revolve around an investigation that maybe Lois and Clark are doing or maybe just Lois were doing on Lex. It just seemed natural to investigate a person who's gunning/blackmailing/smear campaigning against a person she knows truly.

The idea of Aquaman being in the film because of the World Engine screwing up the seas is kind of brilliant when you think about it. Kind of hope that's true.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #66
J.Howlett

Quote:
I think that the Aquaman thing wouldn't be simply that Zod "messed up the fish." It's more likely that the World Engine massively screwed up the ocean's ecosystem and topography, and that that is causing major problems. Aquaman emerging because of something like that ABSOLUTELY fits his character. And WW posing as a Wayne Investor would explain why her role was initially thought to be Bruce's "love interest." And no, it wouldn't be the same as Talia.
Yeah. Agree with you.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:44 PM   #67
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
I think that the Aquaman thing wouldn't be simply that Zod "messed up the fish." It's more likely that The WE massively screwed up the ocean
s ecosystem and topography, and that is causing major problems. Aquaman emerging because of something like that ABSOLUTELY fits his character. And WW posing as a Wayne Investor would explain why her role was initially thought to be Bruce's "love interest." And no, it wouldn't be the same as Talia.
Yea WW's role would be the same as Talia. WW is an investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people. Didn't Talia poss as a investor to try and get Bruce to sign off on her saving the world plan with the nuclear bomb to fulfill her people's work?

Old 01-21-2014, 12:44 PM   #68
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yea WW's role would be the same as Talia. WW is an investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people. Didn't Talia poss as a investor to try and get Bruce to sign off on her saving the world plan with the nuclear bomb to fulfill her people's work?
Talia did not do that, or at the very least, the bomb didn't belong to her as the rumour insinuated that particular object belonging to Wonder Woman. What happened is that she was a front for Bane to acquire the nuclear reactor, seeing as how Wayne did not want Daggett to acquire Wayne Enterprises.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #69
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
I liked parts of 300 exciting battle scenes. But:

what was up with the goat-man and amputees? It disturbed me

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #70
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Talia did not do that, or at the very least, the bomb didn't belong to her as the rumour insinuated that particular object belonging to Wonder Woman. what happened is that she was a front for Bane to acquire the nuclear reactor that could double as a bomb.
Yes I know. Talia disguised herself to convince Bruce to sign off and build her project.

WW wants something Bruce owns that belongs to her people.

Both women want something that either is in Bruce Wayne's possession or for him to build something.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #71
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Disgusting!

Old 01-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #72
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

I remember being so confused when that scene popped up.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #73
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #74
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I remember being so confused when that scene popped up.
Maybe David Lynch directed that part.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #75
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes I know. Talia disguised herself to convince Bruce to sign off and build her project.

WW wants something Bruce owns that belongs to her people.

Both women want something that either is in Bruce Wayne's possession or for him to build something.
That doesn't mean they're going after the same thing. Miranda wasn't acquiring something from Bruce, they had essentially been working together to create something, whereas the rumour is insinuating that Bruce came across something that belongs specifically to WW. Two entirely different things. To connect them like that is really reaching.

Closed Thread