The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #101
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

I'd die a little inside.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #102
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightGambit View Post
This came from Cosmic Book News (I know right? I question myself why Im showing this) but never the less...seems like action figure designs for Batmans suit?

Im just looking for some further validation
I don't want to waste too much typing on this, because this looks like someones lame attempt at homemade figures. I mean first things first: the faces don't even look like the actors...strike one! That Batman suit design was the one that was supposedly "leaked" way back when and was agreed to be a fake or at least not related to the film...strike two! Lastly, that Batman suit doesn't look Jim Lee inspired whatsoever and does seem to have the bulky Batarmor that Kevin Smith said the suit in the promo shot didn't have...strike three!

Old 01-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #103
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I agree
even though she didn't really feel "Catwoman like", if you know what I mean.......

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #104
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

lol Latino Review ran that post about the plot rumors for the film.

http://latino-review.com/2014/01/sup...e-plot-rumors/

Old 01-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #105
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
even though she didn't really feel "Catwoman like", if you know what I mean.......
Yeah I get what you mean

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #106
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Catwoman being the best thing about TDKR is an absolute fact!

One thing I do like about the fake, gold, Nolan-lite suit is the idea of having the armored plates be grey and the textured fabric underneath as black. The way it is done gives it the illusion that it has the trunks. Also I wouldn't mind a golden, bat oval in place of the gold bat.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #107
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightGambit View Post
This came from Cosmic Book News (I know right? I question myself why Im showing this) but never the less...seems like action figure designs for Batmans suit?

Im just looking for some further validation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
It's custom. Came from this site:

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto....php?FID=55756

Using this Batfleck suit design a DC artist drew:

Get your **** together man.
This.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #108
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

Quote:

The words "rumors" and "speculation" should be thrown out when it comes to this movie at this point.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:54 PM   #109
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Anyone else find it funny that Batman mocks hockey-pad-man, but the TDK/R suit's segmented plates kind of give that vibe.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #110
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:

Oh boy.

The last time something leaked at Neogaf, it was this "early impression" from a MoS screening. Seems like a cold reading done by a psychic

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I saw this about two weeks ago, by accident pretty much. Had to sacrifice a sneak peek at something else, but glad to say I don't regret it. I'll keep my impressions as spoiler free as possible.

I'm not a comic fan just so you know. My exposure to Superman is from the original Donner movies, then the Justice League cartoons. Also, he's still a pussy, This movie doesn't change that!

The movie is good, and entertaining. I don't think I'll use hyperbole of calling it the best movie of the year two months in, but it's a top five, if not top three, superhero movie. I imagine Superman fans are going to really love this, unless somehow people don't like this characterisation of Clark Kent/Superman. Which if you don't, then I don't know what to say. I think this is the best live action version of Superman and it does a great job of making him feel relatable. Just so you know, I consider Batman Begins the cream of the crop and the best superhero movie.

For fans of the Nolan Batman trilogy, you'll take to this quite quickly, like I did. It has a very similar feel to a Nolan movie. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise since Nolan was involved, but I thought his involvement wasn't that great supposedly. Either way, it does genuinely feel similar in style when it comes to the storytelling. The one it holds most similarity to is Batman Begins. Not too much of a surprise since it's also an origin story, but it's also tightly told which is the key point. It doesn't move as swiftly as Batman Begins did, but it's still really nicely paced. Like Batman Begins, it's a reserved and more character focused tale, but it also has comic elements. I'd say it's just slightly less serious/grounded than that movie.

The story is simple, and executed better for it. You're basically presented Clark Kent as a boy/man going through changes and having an internal conflict about his identity. This character arc has a two step resolution. The first is him coming to terms with his role as a potential protector of humanity, a conflict fueled by various events in his life, which brings us the first amazing and climactic point of the movie with the birth of Superman. The second is the reality of the existence of Superman on humanity and him coming to peace with what that means for him and how he is perceived. This obviously brings us the major climax of the movie, supported by an ass whooping.

The action is great in the movie. There is fair bit of it. It feels like The Matrix. By that, I mean it's quite over the top. This is good because it's Superman. There are a lot of little touches that are shown by Henry Cavill which give more gravitas to the vulnerability of Superman. Moments where he's shaken or staggered. They're just cool moments. The action is both slow and fast which gives an effect of something superhuman occurring. In terms of action, there are about four major setpieces. Then there are a lot of little action moments in between. It really does feel like the first time Superman has been done justice in live action. There is one moment near the end where you will go, this is ****ing Superman. It's basically the climactic moment. I'll have to re-watch Avengers, but I think I enjoyed the action in this movie more than any other superhero movie because it just had a lot of weight behind it.

You want Superman to succeed.

Henry Cavill is Superman to me now. I like his take on the character. I don't really care necessarily how Superman/Clark Kent is in the comics. But Henry has a really good performance and brings a new Superman for the modern era. One who is powerful, strong, and inhumane in ability, yet also relatable and earns our sympathy. Also, he looks so much more awesome with the beard. It would be amazing having a Superman with a beard. Let him be clean shaven as Clark Kent, but then when he goes all manly and turns into Superman, he grows a beard instantly too. You get used to seeing Cavill without the beard, but it's so weird. Like he was born to have that beard.

Also, damn Zod is badass. Too badass. He comes out with some next level quotes. I don't even--

The weakest aspect of this movie is the Lois Lane/Clark Kent/Superman relationship. I don't think Amy Adams turned in a bad performance, but in a movie which is quite tight and focused, this aspect was the weakest link. It kind of sticks out. The character on her own is fine, and her little crew are a very pleasant addition, but I think they could've stopped going Hollywood and left a little of the relationship development to a second movie.

Supporting cast is strong. Kevin Costner is really cool. The My-Cocaine of this movie. He's not in it very long, but maybe I like those father figure characters. Also, Morpheus being all Morpheus and being pretty cool again.

The music is very nice. At times slow and emotional, and at others sweeping and epic. The new theme is good. Different, but good. It fits the Man of Steel.

I think I chose to compare this to Batman Begins for a few reasons. It feels similar, it's also character focused, and it does a fantastic job of making you anticipate the next movie. There is a nice blend of serious character focus, and lighthearted humour in the movie. The villains for the sequel are somewhat hinted, and this is a really strong first outing. I'm definitely curious to see what happens with the sequel. They could make an amazing movie like The Dark Knight, or like Iron Man 2, turn out a pile of crap after a solid first movie. Who knows, but as it stands, there will be hyperbole when people see this move. I'm sure of it. That's because it's good, and one of the best superhero movies. More importantly, it's brought Superman from being that little pussy who is always in the shadow of the Goddamn Batman, to more of an equal standing.

Also, MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER DO NOT READ UNLESS YOUR HEART IS READY BECAUSE YOU MAY REGRET:

There is no JGL in this movie. The most relief I've experienced when watching a movie. Why? Because **** John Blake. He's a **** character. Those rumours had me very wary.

I think Warner Bros. has a hit on its hands. I don't think another billion grossing movie is out of the question if word of mouth is good like I think it will be. If this movie bombs, we may as well not bother with Superman in the future. This is pretty much as good as it gets for a foundation laying movie.

Also, I am more convinced now than ever that WB should not focus on the Justice League.

Batman and Superman is where it's at. Do not waste time with the others. It's time to reboot Batman and bring a team-up movie with these two. The universe of Man of Steel has a nice mix of fantastical elements that we could get Batman with his full rogue gallery in it. This movie would be ridiculously huge. Most importantly, with a Batman/Superman movie, you can still bring what both Batman Begins and Man of Steel do better than any other superhero movie, which is earning your emotional engagement. There is a chance of a great movie with a solid story and some amazing action.

I will begin hoping now.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #111
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Anyone else find it funny that Batman mocks hockey-pad-man, but the TDK/R suit's segmented plates kind of give that vibe.
I'm sensing you don't like Batman?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #112
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
I'm sensing you don't like Batman?
Oh yes I hate him, he raped my father and killed my mother because they didn't tell him where the trigger was.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #113
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
The words "rumors" and "speculation" should be thrown out when it comes to this movie out this movie.
And their source is James Woods. Not sure if I should do a Family Guy James Woods joke:

Or an Owlman joke:

Old 01-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #114
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

The story is simple, and executed better for it. You're basically presented Clark Kent as a boy/man going through changes and having an internal conflict about his identity. This character arc has a two step resolution. The first is him coming to terms with his role as a potential protector of humanity, a conflict fueled by various events in his life, which brings us the first amazing and climactic point of the movie with the birth of Superman. The second is the reality of the existence of Superman on humanity and him coming to peace with what that means for him and how he is perceived. This obviously brings us the major climax of the movie, supported by an ass whooping.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #115
fake
Side-Kick

Lawsuit finally done: http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/supe...right-lawsuit/

Quote:
Today the seemingly endless Superman heirs copyright suit might have truly leaped its final bound. Just over a month after lawyer Marc Toberoff petitioned the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals for a rehearing of its November 21, 2013 opinion in favor of Warner Bros, the court has said no. “The panel has voted unanimously to deny the petition for rehearing,” said the order issued today. In saying no, the 9th Circuit closed the door on any more requests from the heirs of Superman co-creator Joe Shuster. “The petition for rehearing and the petition for rehearing en banc are DENIED. No further petitions for panel or en banc rehearing will be entertained,” said the one-page order. Long story short: That’s the end of the road for Toberoff and the heirs.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #116
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Yay?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #117
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by libidoloca View Post
oh yes i hate him, he raped my father and killed my mother because they didn't tell him where the trigger was.
where's the trigger?!

Old 01-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #118
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
I really liked the scene, but the majority, or vocal minority, didn't and felt she 'robbed Batman's victory'. When rumors floated around that Catwoman had a hand in defeating Bane, people speculated that she simply wounded him, but when it was alluded that she may kill him people dismissed it as pure poppycock.
Fanboys are like Jon Snow. They know nothing.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #119
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Yay?

For now these sort of lawsuit's have ways of opening up again. someone always finds a loophole.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #120
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Saw this. Thoughts?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #121
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
where's the trigger?!
Up Bane's Lazarus Pit!

Old 01-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #122
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

That isssh dishgushting! Make it shtop!

Old 01-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #123
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Oh boy.

The last time something leaked at Neogaf, it was this "early impression" from a MoS screening. Seems like a cold reading done by a psychic

I saw this about two weeks ago, by accident pretty much. Had to sacrifice a sneak peek at something else, but glad to say I don't regret it. I'll keep my impressions as spoiler free as possible.

I'm not a comic fan just so you know. My exposure to Superman is from the original Donner movies, then the Justice League cartoons. Also, he's still a pussy, This movie doesn't change that!

The movie is good, and entertaining. I don't think I'll use hyperbole of calling it the best movie of the year two months in, but it's a top five, if not top three, superhero movie. I imagine Superman fans are going to really love this, unless somehow people don't like this characterisation of Clark Kent/Superman. Which if you don't, then I don't know what to say. I think this is the best live action version of Superman and it does a great job of making him feel relatable. Just so you know, I consider Batman Begins the cream of the crop and the best superhero movie.

For fans of the Nolan Batman trilogy, you'll take to this quite quickly, like I did. It has a very similar feel to a Nolan movie. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise since Nolan was involved, but I thought his involvement wasn't that great supposedly. Either way, it does genuinely feel similar in style when it comes to the storytelling. The one it holds most similarity to is Batman Begins. Not too much of a surprise since it's also an origin story, but it's also tightly told which is the key point. It doesn't move as swiftly as Batman Begins did, but it's still really nicely paced. Like Batman Begins, it's a reserved and more character focused tale, but it also has comic elements. I'd say it's just slightly less serious/grounded than that movie.

The action is great in the movie. There is fair bit of it. It feels like The Matrix. By that, I mean it's quite over the top. This is good because it's Superman. There are a lot of little touches that are shown by Henry Cavill which give more gravitas to the vulnerability of Superman. Moments where he's shaken or staggered. They're just cool moments. The action is both slow and fast which gives an effect of something superhuman occurring. In terms of action, there are about four major setpieces. Then there are a lot of little action moments in between. It really does feel like the first time Superman has been done justice in live action. There is one moment near the end where you will go, this is ****ing Superman. It's basically the climactic moment. I'll have to re-watch Avengers, but I think I enjoyed the action in this movie more than any other superhero movie because it just had a lot of weight behind it.

Henry Cavill is Superman to me now. I like his take on the character. I don't really care necessarily how Superman/Clark Kent is in the comics. But Henry has a really good performance and brings a new Superman for the modern era. One who is powerful, strong, and inhumane in ability, yet also relatable and earns our sympathy. Also, he looks so much more awesome with the beard. It would be amazing having a Superman with a beard. Let him be clean shaven as Clark Kent, but then when he goes all manly and turns into Superman, he grows a beard instantly too. You get used to seeing Cavill without the beard, but it's so weird. Like he was born to have that beard.

Also, damn Zod is badass. Too badass. He comes out with some next level quotes. I don't even--

The weakest aspect of this movie is the Lois Lane/Clark Kent/Superman relationship. I don't think Amy Adams turned in a bad performance, but in a movie which is quite tight and focused, this aspect was the weakest link. It kind of sticks out. The character on her own is fine, and her little crew are a very pleasant addition, but I think they could've stopped going Hollywood and left a little of the relationship development to a second movie.

Supporting cast is strong. Kevin Costner is really cool. The My-Cocaine of this movie. He's not in it very long, but maybe I like those father figure characters. Also, Morpheus being all Morpheus and being pretty cool again.

The music is very nice. At times slow and emotional, and at others sweeping and epic. The new theme is good. Different, but good. It fits the Man of Steel.

I think I chose to compare this to Batman Begins for a few reasons. It feels similar, it's also character focused, and it does a fantastic job of making you anticipate the next movie. There is a nice blend of serious character focus, and lighthearted humour in the movie. The villains for the sequel are somewhat hinted, and this is a really strong first outing. I'm definitely curious to see what happens with the sequel. They could make an amazing movie like The Dark Knight, or like Iron Man 2, turn out a pile of crap after a solid first movie. Who knows, but as it stands, there will be hyperbole when people see this move. I'm sure of it. That's because it's good, and one of the best superhero movies. More importantly, it's brought Superman from being that little pussy who is always in the shadow of the Goddamn Batman, to more of an equal standing.

Also, MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER DO NOT READ UNLESS YOUR HEART IS READY BECAUSE YOU MAY REGRET:

There is no JGL in this movie. The most relief I've experienced when watching a movie. Why? Because **** John Blake. He's a **** character. Those rumours had me very wary.

I think Warner Bros. has a hit on its hands. I don't think another billion grossing movie is out of the question if word of mouth is good like I think it will be. If this movie bombs, we may as well not bother with Superman in the future. This is pretty much as good as it gets for a foundation laying movie.

Also, I am more convinced now than ever that WB should not focus on the Justice League.

Batman and Superman is where it's at. Do not waste time with the others. It's time to reboot Batman and bring a team-up movie with these two. The universe of Man of Steel has a nice mix of fantastical elements that we could get Batman with his full rogue gallery in it. This movie would be ridiculously huge. Most importantly, with a Batman/Superman movie, you can still bring what both Batman Begins and Man of Steel do better than any other superhero movie, which is earning your emotional engagement. There is a chance of a great movie with a solid story and some amazing action.

I will begin hoping now.
well at least he debunked the JGL as Batman rumor........

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #124
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I want the rights to a flightless Superman. And lots of cash! Even though I have enough money to sue a megacorporation multiple times!

Old 01-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #125
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Oh boy.

I will begin hoping now.
This is far too vague, and clearly based on trailers for me to put any stock into it.

One thing that sticks out is the mention of Lois Lane's crew. Most of her scenes are with Clark, or the military. Who the hell is her "crew"?

Closed Thread