The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #51
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I hear the anti-Goyer cavalry coming.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #52
Reel
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
I dunno. I honestly am not that well versed in Superman comics. But as far as the film goes it seems that when he leaves Earth's atmosphere he starts losing his powers. But that's contradictory in the film too because he's shown flying through space. I have no idea why they added the atmosphere thing. They tried to get too technical. Like Lucas and midichlorians
He never went further then Earth's upper atmosphere. Was still in thus he was able to fly still.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #53
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
From what I noticed it wasn't that there was too much action (some of the big critics who bashed MOS praised the hell out of The Raid which is ALL OUT action) it was that there wasn't a variety of action set pieces. Punch punch fly punch punch building fall punch fly punch *is* boring unless you really really want to see Superman and [insert powerful bad guy] hit each other. Ask any director or fight choreographer, showing a wide variety of action set pieces that are well executed get you high marks with critics. That's why the Faora fight is praised above all the others in MOS. It was quick, powerful, something we haven't seen yet and -- big bonus -- in day light. People can crap all over Michael Bay as much as they want but look at the Transformers battles, particularly in the third one. On paper, robots fighting robots should be monotonous and hard to follow but it was written and shot phenomenally.
What was hard to follow during the Zod and Superman fight from a cinematography and visual effects perspective?

I'm honestly asking because to me, everything was clean.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #54
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Everything was clean and looked amazing to me, and they took that fight all over the place is wasn't just set in one area.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 01-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #55
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I have zero problems with the amount of destruction in either of the films but The Avengers definitely conceived it better. Poni_Boy is right about that. Again, I really liked Man of Steel along with the last scene but it could have looked better with more meticulous planning.

You described it perfectly actually. That was my problem with that last sequence in MOS.

That's not true at all. Like at all.

Like Poni_Boy pointed out the work in making New York as real as possible totally added to how well conceived the whole thing was as opposed to Chicago (Metropolis) in Man of Steel.

I mean just look at this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

None of that looked like a set to me once it was done.
Wow.
ILM did an impressive job on The Avengers.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #56
Dk1201
Side-Kick

I like Batman

Old 01-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #57
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I like Superman

Old 01-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #58
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

I like...turtles?

Old 01-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #59
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

I like Batman AND Superman.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #60
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I like...turtles?
Regular turtles, or mutated ninja turtles?

Old 01-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #61
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Jesus, what's happened in here?!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #62
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Wow.
ILM did an impressive job on The Avengers.
I thought it was New York for real

Old 01-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #63
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
Regular turtles, or mutated ninja turtles?
The one and only Cecil Turtle.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #64
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Jesus, what's happened in here?!
Just another usual day in the thread.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #65
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
The one and only Cecil Turtle.
Bugs Bunny deserved to lose. He's a jerk sometimes...

Old 01-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #66
CapYorkshire
Newbie First Class

Don't know if anyone will be interested in this, but seeing as it's all batman superman related...I kinda thought Henry Cavill should have been in this list, but it was a pretty cool read. Did you guys like Henry Cavill?

http://www.moviecricket.com/top-5-pe...s-wrong-19540/

Old 01-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #67
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Anybody blaming Goyer for everything is a bit too bias against him, unless it specified their specific gripe in the script.

For example, I have no problem with big battles. But a devestating battle that flattens an area which is fixed 3 weeks later, unless specified in the script, is an issue Snyder caused.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #68
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

They could just open the next movie with Superman turning back time, like in the Donner movies. Then he could fix the damage! yay!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #69
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapYorkshire View Post
Don't know if anyone will be interested in this, but seeing as it's all batman superman related...I kinda thought Henry Cavill should have been in this list, but it was a pretty cool read. Did you guys like Henry Cavill?

I was a bit skeptical about Cavill before seeing it but I think he did very well. I was very skeptical about Shannon as well, after seeing the trailer, but he did well too. I do have some issues with their characters but none are about the actors' performances so they gave me a positive surprise.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #70
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #71
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapYorkshire View Post

Well, I think the thing with that list is that most of those actors had already established themselves fairly well, and taking on those characters was a bit out-of-the-box for all of them. I guess the one exception there would have been Garfield, though he is probably still a little more well-known than Cavill.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #72
roach
I am the night

Earth's atmosphere does not give or take away powers.
It may look like Superman lost his powers on Zod's ship because of air but if you look at the other Kryptonians...no one is experiencing sensory overload...which means the ship is generating red sunlight for the others. When Jor-el turns off the 'inhibitors' and he gets his powers back..no one is choking or experiencing pain.
Even on earth the kryptonians had powers while not breathing earth's air.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #73
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Hello.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #74
roach
I am the night

Goyer can take it..Because he's the writer WB deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our writer. He's a producer. A TV show writer and show runner. And he had something to do with Dark Knight.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #75
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Goyer was as involved with the Dark Knight as Zak Penn was involved in the Avengers.

Closed Thread