The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #76
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 16,064
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

If only Goyer could write amazing lines of dialogue like "You know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning" and "Look at you. Still all muscly and everything!"

__________________
ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #77
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,741
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

If only Whedon could direct and write since an amazing and powerful film like Blade 3.

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #78
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 16,064
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

He did Dollhouse... close enough.

__________________
ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #79
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,741
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Still better than Blade 3.

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #80
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,927
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Goyer was as involved with the Dark Knight as Zak Penn was involved in the Avengers.
go back and read that as the ending of The Dark Knight

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #81
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 16,064
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not going to try and argue that Blade 3 is good, because it isn't. At all. But I do think some of you guys nitpick the crap out of Goyer's work just BECAUSE he's Goyer, when you give other writers a pass for turning in similar, sub-par writing.

__________________
ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #82
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,927
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

So pretty much everyone is capable of good material and bad material and what they don't in the past doesn't matter.

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #83
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 31,095
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I'm not going to try and argue that Blade 3 is good, because it isn't. At all. But I do think some of you guys nitpick the crap out of Goyer's work just BECAUSE he's Goyer, when you give other writers a pass for turning in similar, sub-par writing.
Oh yeah, that might be the WORST of Goyer's work.

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 3/25/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #84
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,741
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I'm not going to try and argue that Blade 3 is good, because it isn't. At all. But I do think some of you guys nitpick the crap out of Goyer's work just BECAUSE he's Goyer, when you give other writers a pass for turning in similar, sub-par writing.
And how would Joss be sub-par? He's writing Cabin In The Woods, Avengers, Toy Story.

I wouldn't give Goyer **** if he did at least one other good project besides Dark City, where he didn't have a Nolan involved.

I may dislike Goyer but let's say both Batfleck and Terrio rewrite the script and Goyer's still involved. I'm fine with that. I won't be mad.

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #85
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,741
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Oh yeah, that might be the WORST of Goyer's work.
You haven't seen Jumper have you? The worst part is Hayden Christensen is the main ****ing actor which makes the film much more unbearable. It's just...

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #86
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I'm not going to try and argue that Blade 3 is good, because it isn't. At all. But I do think some of you guys nitpick the crap out of Goyer's work just BECAUSE he's Goyer, when you give other writers a pass for turning in similar, sub-par writing.
I've shown this before, and I'll show it again...


InJustice is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #87
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 16,064
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
And how would Joss be sub-par? He's writing Cabin In The Woods, Avengers, Toy Story.

I wouldn't give Goyer **** if he did at least one other good project besides Dark City, where he didn't have a Nolan involved.

I may dislike Goyer but let's say both Batfleck and Terrio rewrite the script and Goyer's still involved. I'm fine with that. I won't be mad.
Whedon's writing in Dollhouse and X-Men would be sub-par. And I'm not solely talking about Whedon here... there were bad lines and story elements in other CBMs (the Thor films, Captain America: TFA, Iron Man 3) that I don't see get half the crap Goyer gets.

__________________
ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #88
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,306
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Y'all just need to relax, google David Goyer, and stare at the sexiness. M'kay?

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #89
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,741
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Whedon's writing in Dollhouse and X-Men would be sub-par. And I'm not solely talking about Whedon here... there were bad lines and story elements in other CBMs (the Thor films, Captain America: TFA, Iron Man 3) that I don't see get half the crap Goyer gets.
Whedon rewrote X-Men yes but Singer didn't like it. Singer mixed numerous X-Men scripts together.

And name the story elements in Iron Man 3 and Cap. I don't know about Thor because I haven't seen it and never really cared about Thor.

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #90
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 601
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Zach Snyder was at Michigan State scouting their art department building. Wild shape. Here's the building



https://twitter.com/ManofSteelFanPg/.../photo/1/large

Unbreakable Lex is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #91
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,927
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Whedon rewrote X-Men yes but Singer didn't like it. Singer mixed numerous X-Men scripts together.

And name the story elements in Iron Man 3 and Cap. I don't know about Thor because I haven't seen it and never really cared about Thor.
Whedon's contributions to X-men were whittled down to the Storm line.

However the point is anyone can make a bad or good movie.

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #92
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,927
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
Zach Snyder was at Michigan State scouting their art department building. Wild shape.

https://twitter.com/ManofSteelFanPg/.../photo/1/large
Hall of Justice

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #93
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,306
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
Zach Snyder was at Michigan State scouting their art department building. Wild shape. Here's the building



https://twitter.com/ManofSteelFanPg/.../photo/1/large
"Holy s**t, bro! That's awesome."

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #94
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,499
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Goyer was as involved with the Dark Knight as Zak Penn was involved in the Avengers.
The last time you lent your behind the scenes insight to these forums it ended up with somewhat of retraction/admission of bs of sorts.
I assume this time you've done some fact checking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
And how would Joss be sub-par? He's writing Cabin In The Woods, Avengers, Toy Story.

I wouldn't give Goyer **** if he did at least one other good project besides Dark City, where he didn't have a Nolan involved.

I may dislike Goyer but let's say both Batfleck and Terrio rewrite the script and Goyer's still involved. I'm fine with that. I won't be mad.
Toy Story Writing Credits
John Lasseter ... (original story by) and
Pete Docter ... (original story by) and
Andrew Stanton ... (original story by) and
Joe Ranft ... (original story by)

Joss Whedon ... (screenplay) and
Andrew Stanton ... (screenplay) and
Joel Cohen ... (screenplay) &
Alec Sokolow ... (screenplay)


Which part did whedon write? This stuff always ends no where imo. (Unless it's a james cameron picture)

Further more, the blade 3 script wasn't technically all that poorly written than the scripts to the previous two films. It was just far more poorly directed and horribly produced. For example there weren't any stories coming out of blade one about the star feeling marginalized by the premise and threatening the directors life and refusing to work.....just saying.
I don't think the Avengers script is some work of art either, just a good time on film. The character development alone...safe to say toy story does a better job at such things.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #95
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,741
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Whedon's contributions to X-men were whittled down to the Storm line.

However the point is anyone can make a bad or good movie.
So all he got credit for was one line in the film? I thought he did more than that. Not much more but just one line?

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #96
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 31,095
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
Zach Snyder was at Michigan State scouting their art department building. Wild shape. Here's the building



https://twitter.com/ManofSteelFanPg/.../photo/1/large
Oh this is so going to be The Hall of Justice.

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 3/25/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #97
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 16,064
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Whedon rewrote X-Men yes but Singer didn't like it. Singer mixed numerous X-Men scripts together.

And name the story elements in Iron Man 3 and Cap. I don't know about Thor because I haven't seen it and never really cared about Thor.

Off the top of my head...

Iron Man 3: Maybe I need to see it again, but the whole Extremis thing had a lot of holes in terms of how powerful these guys were or specifically WHAT their powers exactly were. Killian breathing fire was like, WTF? Especially since he never proceeded to use that power again.

Cap: Look, I liked this movie but there are a lot of little things like the bomb/plane things at the end on the Red Skull's plane... why were the cities they were going hit written out in English on a German plane? I also thought they could have come up with a better way for Cap to be cryogenically frozen all those years than by just having him crash a plane in the arctic. Just using the "super soldier serum" excuse there is pretty weak. They never said it would make him immune to freezing to death.

__________________
ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #98
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,741
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
The last time you lent your behind the scenes insight to these forums it ended up with somewhat of retraction/admission of bs of sorts.
I assume this time you've done some fact checking?



Toy Story Writing Credits
John Lasseter ... (original story by) and
Pete Docter ... (original story by) and
Andrew Stanton ... (original story by) and
Joe Ranft ... (original story by)

Joss Whedon ... (screenplay) and
Andrew Stanton ... (screenplay) and
Joel Cohen ... (screenplay) &
Alec Sokolow ... (screenplay)


Which part did whedon write? This stuff always ends no where imo. (Unless it's a james cameron picture)

Further more, the blade 3 script wasn't technically all that poorly written than the scripts to the previous two films. It was j
ust far more poorly directed and horribly produced. For example there weren't any stories coming out of blade one about the star feeling marginalized by the premise and threatening the directors life and refusing to work.....just saying.
I don't think the Avengers script is some work of art either, just a good time on film. The character development alone...safe to say toy story does a better job at such things.
Whedon came up with Rex.


LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #99
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,711
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
If only Goyer could write amazing lines of dialogue like "You know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning" and "Look at you. Still all muscly and everything!"

9 deleted scenes that explain confusing movie moments

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #100
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,927
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Whedon also wrote Alien Resurrection and Titan A.E.

In Toy Story he added rex and sought a bigger role for Barbie.

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.