The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #76
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

If only Goyer could write amazing lines of dialogue like "You know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning" and "Look at you. Still all muscly and everything!"

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #77
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

If only Whedon could direct and write since an amazing and powerful film like Blade 3.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #78
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

He did Dollhouse... close enough.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #79
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Still better than Blade 3.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #80
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Goyer was as involved with the Dark Knight as Zak Penn was involved in the Avengers.
go back and read that as the ending of The Dark Knight

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #81
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I'm not going to try and argue that Blade 3 is good, because it isn't. At all. But I do think some of you guys nitpick the crap out of Goyer's work just BECAUSE he's Goyer, when you give other writers a pass for turning in similar, sub-par writing.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #82
roach
I am the night

So pretty much everyone is capable of good material and bad material and what they don't in the past doesn't matter.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #83
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I'm not going to try and argue that Blade 3 is good, because it isn't. At all. But I do think some of you guys nitpick the crap out of Goyer's work just BECAUSE he's Goyer, when you give other writers a pass for turning in similar, sub-par writing.
Oh yeah, that might be the WORST of Goyer's work.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #84
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
And how would Joss be sub-par? He's writing Cabin In The Woods, Avengers, Toy Story.

I wouldn't give Goyer **** if he did at least one other good project besides Dark City, where he didn't have a Nolan involved.

I may dislike Goyer but let's say both Batfleck and Terrio rewrite the script and Goyer's still involved. I'm fine with that. I won't be mad.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #85
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Oh yeah, that might be the WORST of Goyer's work.
You haven't seen Jumper have you? The worst part is Hayden Christensen is the main ****ing actor which makes the film much more unbearable. It's just...

Old 01-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #86
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've shown this before, and I'll show it again...

Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #87
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
And how would Joss be sub-par? He's writing Cabin In The Woods, Avengers, Toy Story.

I wouldn't give Goyer **** if he did at least one other good project besides Dark City, where he didn't have a Nolan involved.

I may dislike Goyer but let's say both Batfleck and Terrio rewrite the script and Goyer's still involved. I'm fine with that. I won't be mad.
Whedon's writing in Dollhouse and X-Men would be sub-par. And I'm not solely talking about Whedon here... there were bad lines and story elements in other CBMs (the Thor films, Captain America: TFA, Iron Man 3) that I don't see get half the crap Goyer gets.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #88
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Y'all just need to relax, google David Goyer, and stare at the sexiness. M'kay?

Old 01-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #89
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Whedon's writing in Dollhouse and X-Men would be sub-par. And I'm not solely talking about Whedon here... there were bad lines and story elements in other CBMs (the Thor films, Captain America: TFA, Iron Man 3) that I don't see get half the crap Goyer gets.
Whedon rewrote X-Men yes but Singer didn't like it. Singer mixed numerous X-Men scripts together.

And name the story elements in Iron Man 3 and Cap. I don't know about Thor because I haven't seen it and never really cared about Thor.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #90
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

Zach Snyder was at Michigan State scouting their art department building. Wild shape. Here's the building

https://twitter.com/ManofSteelFanPg/.../photo/1/large

Old 01-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #91
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Whedon rewrote X-Men yes but Singer didn't like it. Singer mixed numerous X-Men scripts together.

And name the story elements in Iron Man 3 and Cap. I don't know about Thor because I haven't seen it and never really cared about Thor.
Whedon's contributions to X-men were whittled down to the Storm line.

However the point is anyone can make a bad or good movie.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #92
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
Zach Snyder was at Michigan State scouting their art department building. Wild shape.

Hall of Justice

Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #93
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Zach Snyder was at Michigan State scouting their art department building. Wild shape. Here's the building

"Holy s**t, bro! That's awesome."

Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #94
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Goyer was as involved with the Dark Knight as Zak Penn was involved in the Avengers.
The last time you lent your behind the scenes insight to these forums it ended up with somewhat of retraction/admission of bs of sorts.
I assume this time you've done some fact checking?

Quote:

Toy Story Writing Credits
John Lasseter ... (original story by) and
Pete Docter ... (original story by) and
Andrew Stanton ... (original story by) and
Joe Ranft ... (original story by)

Joss Whedon ... (screenplay) and
Andrew Stanton ... (screenplay) and
Joel Cohen ... (screenplay) &
Alec Sokolow ... (screenplay)

Which part did whedon write? This stuff always ends no where imo. (Unless it's a james cameron picture)

Further more, the blade 3 script wasn't technically all that poorly written than the scripts to the previous two films. It was just far more poorly directed and horribly produced. For example there weren't any stories coming out of blade one about the star feeling marginalized by the premise and threatening the directors life and refusing to work.....just saying.
I don't think the Avengers script is some work of art either, just a good time on film. The character development alone...safe to say toy story does a better job at such things.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #95
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Whedon's contributions to X-men were whittled down to the Storm line.

However the point is anyone can make a bad or good movie.
So all he got credit for was one line in the film? I thought he did more than that. Not much more but just one line?

Old 01-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #96
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:

Oh this is so going to be The Hall of Justice.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #97
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:

Off the top of my head...

Iron Man 3: Maybe I need to see it again, but the whole Extremis thing had a lot of holes in terms of how powerful these guys were or specifically WHAT their powers exactly were. Killian breathing fire was like, WTF? Especially since he never proceeded to use that power again.

Cap: Look, I liked this movie but there are a lot of little things like the bomb/plane things at the end on the Red Skull's plane... why were the cities they were going hit written out in English on a German plane? I also thought they could have come up with a better way for Cap to be cryogenically frozen all those years than by just having him crash a plane in the arctic. Just using the "super soldier serum" excuse there is pretty weak. They never said it would make him immune to freezing to death.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #98
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
The last time you lent your behind the scenes insight to these forums it ended up with somewhat of retraction/admission of bs of sorts.
I assume this time you've done some fact checking?

Toy Story Writing Credits
John Lasseter ... (original story by) and
Pete Docter ... (original story by) and
Andrew Stanton ... (original story by) and
Joe Ranft ... (original story by)

Joss Whedon ... (screenplay) and
Andrew Stanton ... (screenplay) and
Joel Cohen ... (screenplay) &
Alec Sokolow ... (screenplay)

Which part did whedon write? This stuff always ends no where imo. (Unless it's a james cameron picture)

Further more, the blade 3 script wasn't technically all that poorly written than the scripts to the previous two films. It was j
ust far more poorly directed and horribly produced. For example there weren't any stories coming out of blade one about the star feeling marginalized by the premise and threatening the directors life and refusing to work.....just saying.
I don't think the Avengers script is some work of art either, just a good time on film. The character development alone...safe to say toy story does a better job at such things.
Whedon came up with Rex.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #99
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
If only Goyer could write amazing lines of dialogue like "You know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning" and "Look at you. Still all muscly and everything!"

9 deleted scenes that explain confusing movie moments

Old 01-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #100
roach
I am the night

Whedon also wrote Alien Resurrection and Titan A.E.

In Toy Story he added rex and sought a bigger role for Barbie.

Closed Thread