The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #1001
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
But why should they write it safe? They wanted to do something different and I'm glad they did. You play it safe you get Marvel movies, decent, fun but not really long lasting in the memory.
Because it's an ORIGIN. The origin is where audiences are supposed to get attached to the characters, and if the main character makes too many negative decisions, the image of him/her will be tainted for films to come.

MOS2 has to not only do "damage control" for MOS, but be a solid ENOUGH sequel that involves Batman and Wonder-Woman (without feeling like a blantant JL prequel)

Old 01-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #1002
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
They wrote it so that Clark had to steal the clothes after the oil rig explosion. They could have written that differently, too.

I feel almost speechless when I hear this criticism. It's beyond stupid.

The dude grabbed some clean clothes after his other clothes burned off and became soaking wet after he saved several people from a collapsing oil rig. Rather than walk around half naked and attract attention to himself, he took clothes he saw. Yes, they were someone else's clothes. Yes, that is technically stealing, but we're not talking about Superman here. We're talking about a Clark Kent who was wandering around the country, using fake names and trying to stay hidden, not knowing what to make of himself. This was before he discovered his heritage and before he knew what his purpose as Superman was.

I think it's more believable that Clark didn't have a "6th sense" of goodness from birth that prevented him from ever doing anything wrong in his life. Remember, he was raised by humans as a human...amongst humans. Humans make mistakes and aren't always on the straight and narrow. Yes, his parents were good people, but even kids raised by good parents will make mistakes in life (shoplifting, bullying, vandalism, etc). Even Clark destroying that douchebag's 18-wheeler is acceptable to me. Yes, his father taught him to avoid confrontations, but that doesn't mean Clark didn't want to retaliate in some way or get some personal satisfaction out of messing with a guy who had just dumped beer on his head for no reason at all. And again, that was before he knew he was essential a god among men and a symbol for hope and all that jazz.

An important theme of MOS, to me, is Clark's transformation from one of us to something greater. This is something that Donner's Superman didn't really explore, so I was glad that we got to see something new in MOS.

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
Old 01-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #1003
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread