The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #26
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Spider View Post
Uh, the prospect of an tank like armoured suit in the end of the film puts me off and doesn't have any logic whatsoever. Why wouldn't he wear that suit all the time to be more protected when he is fighting crime? And why stop there? Why not add jet boots to fly like Iron Man so he can evade Superman's attacks in a supposedly final fight between them? See, how the character gets changed like he is some kind of an extreme toy line and he gets cheapened. Batman is a Detective foremost. He searches for clues and strikes from the shadows. There is absolutely no reason to make him something more than that, just to make him edgier
It has nothing to do with being "edgy" and everything to do with common sense. There are indeed plenty of times when a heavier suit would be a hindrance, especially as you say when he's detecting and skulking about. But he'd have to be pretty dumb to not be prepared for certain occasions and if anyone's shtick is being prepared, it's Bats.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #27
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Batman in armor kind of defeats the purpose of Batman.

Also, there's no armor anyone could wear that would protect them from Superman. None whatsoever.

Superman would rip that **** off then say: "Shall we go a few rounds without the suit?".

Old 01-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #28
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I know I'm going to get hanged for saying this but I hope it's not blue and gray, I'm really hoping its more like the black and gray costumes from the New 52 and the Arkham games. Or if they do go with blue I ope its a very very very dark blue. Batman should always be wearing black.
I never liked blue and grey especially blue but I wouldn't mind a dark blue too.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #29
Kevin Smith
Banned User

I don't mind him having some sort of power suit for special occasions but he's a fool if he thinks he can fight Superman toe to toe at Superman's level.

I think Batman should have power suits though for special occasions but not wear them all the time. He should be similar to Iron Man in that he invents his own stuff but not like Iron Man if that makes sense.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #30
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Batman in armor kind of defeats the purpose of Batman.
So he's not Batman if he has some physical protection? That seems really arbitrary. What about underwear? If he switches from boxers to briefs is he still Batman?

Bruce: "Alfred, why did you serve me Cheerios?"
Alfred: "I decided Wheaties were better for your diet, Master Wayne."
Bruce: "But...but Batman always eats Cheerios! Whelp, time to hang up the cowl, I guess."
Alfred: "Indeed, sir."

Quote:
Also, there's no armor anyone could wear that would protect them from Superman. None whatsoever.
Superman can get bent. Who's talking about Superman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Again...NOT to fight against Superman, but to fight alongside him and WW against powerful enemies for which he may still need extra protection for his part.
lol how many times are you going to be forced to repeat this?

Old 01-23-2014, 03:17 PM   #31
Alex_Spider
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
It has nothing to do with being "edgy" and everything to do with common sense. There are indeed plenty of times when a heavier suit would be a hindrance, especially as you say when he's detecting and skulking about. But he'd have to be pretty dumb to not be prepared for certain occasions and if anyone's shtick is being prepared, it's Bats.
Oh, come on, that's exactly what it is. What common sense are you talking' about? He doesn't have to get into every type of situation that's outside of his field of operation. If something is above his powers, then that's ok with me. Why alter his character traits and turn him into a demi god? Just keep it simple, there are other heroes that can encounter super powered beings and fly into space like going for a walk into the park.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #32
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

This is what I want.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #33
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Where's all this demigod crap coming from? I wish people would try to keep up.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #34
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
This is what I want.

Yes.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #35
regwec
Shakespearo

Armoured suits have been regurgitated too many times. Another one would be like swallowing a cup of cold sick, for me.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #36
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
So he's not Batman if he has some physical protection? That seems really arbitrary. What about underwear? If he switches from boxers to briefs is he still Batman?
Batman being invincible in "invincible" armor takes away from what makes him so great in the first place - that he isn't invulnerable and can be killed but is out doing awesome stuff anyway and that his greatest weapon is his mind and physical body, he's like a ninja. He can have some protection on his suit, it can be made out of material that's bullet proof and flame and shock proof to a degree, but anything further than that takes away from what is Batman and part of what makes him appealing as a character.

Quote:
Superman can get bent. Who's talking about Superman?
Actually Superman would not be bent, least of all by Batman, he's the Man of Steel in case you hadn't heard which means he's super hard.

And I was talking about Superman since this IS supposed to be a Superman sequel, despite all evidence to the contrary, and the tentative title for the film is "Batman VS Superman" or "Superman VS Batman"....so uh yeah...that's where talk if Superman comes from.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 01-23-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #37
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Armoured suits have been regurgitated too many times. Another one would be like swallowing a cup of cold sick, for me.
What do you mean? Just look how original Hollywood can be

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #38
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
What do you mean? Just look how original Hollywood can be

Hahahaha yes. This. Exactly.

God I hate the armor shtick for every character.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #39
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

I hope Goyer and Snyder sat down and marathon watched Batman TAS, Mask of the Phantasm and JL New Frontier. Those give you all the characterization background you need to write Batman. Love the live action movies but none of them have got it right yet. Back to basics. Build off of that. But my fear is he's going to be reverse engineered to suit their needs. Aesthetics and all.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #40
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
I will jizz right with you sir.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #41
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
I'd probably go more like that DCU Online trailer.

The first thing I agree with you I think that too.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #42
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I know I'm going to get hanged for saying this but I hope it's not blue and gray, I'm really hoping its more like the black and gray costumes from the New 52 and the Arkham games. Or if they do go with blue I ope its a very very very dark blue. Batman should always be wearing black.
As cool as the Origins Batsuit is, it is overdone. I'd like the colors from the Origins costume with the texture of the Arkham City one.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #43
green

I think it's kinda funny how a lot of people want to armor up Wonder Woman, who doesn't necessarily need it, but then the mention of doing the same with Batman, people complain. Both have done it in the comics so it's not exactly a new concept.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #44
roach
I am the night

I'd don't want either armored

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #45
regwec
Shakespearo

You will find me relatively consistent in my distaste for both.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #46
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by green View Post
I think it's kinda funny how a lot of people want to armor up Wonder Woman, who doesn't necessarily need it, but then the mention of doing the same with Batman, people complain. Both have done it in the comics so it's not exactly a new concept.

No, there is a difference between making a costume look believable and not ridiculous and adding on armor. The changes people have done in adapting WW's costume is not simply adding armor.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #47
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I'd want him to have SPECIAL armor for fighting Superman. Yeah, I know it wouldn't help him much..

But then again, by the logic of "it's useless", he'd be fighting Superman in his Batbriefs.

Armor would be good at "selling" the idea of Batman being some type of threat to Superman.

And it would look cool. And it would allow for a nice, CG oriented fight..

And if the suit is gently pulled apart by Superman, then we can finally see the Batsuit in all its glory.

I think it would be neat. Kind of TDKR gone backwards.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #48
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by green View Post
INORITE?!

HERESY!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #49
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

What if the armor sprays a gas that is the chemical composition of krypton a atmosphere? It wouldn't completely depower Supes cos it's not a sealed environment but the presence of the atmospheric composition should effect him perhaps enough for a man in an exoskeleton armored suit to have a small small chance.

HERESY!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #50
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Batman being invincible in "invincible" armor takes away from what makes him so great in the first place
But that's not what you said. You said "Batman in armor defeats the purpose of Batman" which is nonsense. If you're going to argue something at least try and stay consistent about it. Constantly moving the goalposts doesn't help matters. And if you want to diddle around about with how awesome you think Superman is then go right ahead, but his relevance to what I was talking about is zero.

Closed Thread