Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #51
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
I'd probably go more like that DCU Online trailer.

The first thing I agree with you I think that too.

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #52
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I know I'm going to get hanged for saying this but I hope it's not blue and gray, I'm really hoping its more like the black and gray costumes from the New 52 and the Arkham games. Or if they do go with blue I ope its a very very very dark blue. Batman should always be wearing black.
As cool as the Origins Batsuit is, it is overdone. I'd like the colors from the Origins costume with the texture of the Arkham City one.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #53
green

I think it's kinda funny how a lot of people want to armor up Wonder Woman, who doesn't necessarily need it, but then the mention of doing the same with Batman, people complain. Both have done it in the comics so it's not exactly a new concept.

*\S/T*
Old 01-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #54
roach
I am the night

I'd don't want either armored

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #55
regwec
Shakespearo

You will find me relatively consistent in my distaste for both.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #56
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by green View Post
I think it's kinda funny how a lot of people want to armor up Wonder Woman, who doesn't necessarily need it, but then the mention of doing the same with Batman, people complain. Both have done it in the comics so it's not exactly a new concept.

No, there is a difference between making a costume look believable and not ridiculous and adding on armor. The changes people have done in adapting WW's costume is not simply adding armor.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #57
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I'd want him to have SPECIAL armor for fighting Superman. Yeah, I know it wouldn't help him much..

But then again, by the logic of "it's useless", he'd be fighting Superman in his Batbriefs.

Armor would be good at "selling" the idea of Batman being some type of threat to Superman.

And it would look cool. And it would allow for a nice, CG oriented fight..

And if the suit is gently pulled apart by Superman, then we can finally see the Batsuit in all its glory.

I think it would be neat. Kind of TDKR gone backwards.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #58
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
INORITE?!

HERESY!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #59
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

What if the armor sprays a gas that is the chemical composition of krypton a atmosphere? It wouldn't completely depower Supes cos it's not a sealed environment but the presence of the atmospheric composition should effect him perhaps enough for a man in an exoskeleton armored suit to have a small small chance.

HERESY!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #60
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Batman being invincible in "invincible" armor takes away from what makes him so great in the first place
But that's not what you said. You said "Batman in armor defeats the purpose of Batman" which is nonsense. If you're going to argue something at least try and stay consistent about it. Constantly moving the goalposts doesn't help matters. And if you want to diddle around about with how awesome you think Superman is then go right ahead, but his relevance to what I was talking about is zero.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #61
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post

No, there is a difference between making a costume look believable and not ridiculous and adding on armor. The changes people have done in adapting WW's costume is not simply adding armor.
not even going to bother.

*\S/T*
Old 01-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #62
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Don't muck this up Snyder. I don't want no stupid armor to fight Superman or some dumb **** like that. Bats fought supes in JL: War and he was able to fend him off in his black 'n greys. Simply by using his Batmind, can we get THAT Batman for once ? GOD !

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Old 01-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #63
Nathan

Quote:
When people say they want armor on Wonder Woman, it's so she actually looks like she comes from a warrior culture and doesn't simply look like a pinup girl. It's got nothing to do with adding extra layers of protectiveness. And even if that were the reason, she doesn't rely on stealth and wouldn't be slowed down by any amount of armor.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #64
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Don't muck this up Snyder. I don't want no stupid armor to fight Superman or some dumb **** like that. Bats fought supes in JL: War and he was able to fend him off in his black 'n greys. Simply by using his Batmind, can we get THAT Batman for once ? GOD !
I'd argue that showing Batman in his regular costume laying the smackdown on Superman makes the Man of Steel look wimpy.

I accept that type of imagery in comics, because a lot of crazy things happen there :P

Old 01-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #65
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Makes sense for Diana considering her culture. What do people think her bracers are? They're not made of cheese puffs.

I hope she looks similar to this, and breaks out the sword, spear and shield at some point too.

I'm sure knickers are twisting as we speak but I'll take this look over gramma panties any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
When people say they want armor on Wonder Woman, it's so she actually looks like she comes from a warrior culture and doesn't simply look like a pinup girl. It's got nothing to do with adding extra layers of protectiveness. And even if that were the reason, she doesn't rely on stealth and wouldn't be slowed down by any amount of armor.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #66
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Zero interest in a fight between the two. I just want Bats to do show off some detective skills for a change.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #67
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
What if the armor sprays a gas that is the chemical composition of krypton a atmosphere? It wouldn't completely depower Supes cos it's not a sealed environment but the presence of the atmospheric composition should effect him perhaps enough for a man in an exoskeleton armored suit to have a small small chance.
And that again only works if you write Superman like a complete idiot. Once he realizes that getting close to Batman is a bad idea, he has multiple ways to combat him. Thunderclap, heat vision and super breath. Any of those moves are enough to put Batman down for the count.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #68
The Guard
Side-Kick

I don't get the complaints about Batman having an armored/powered suit. How would that somehow make him less human or vulnerable as a character, especially if it's only something he uses situationally, like in the comics?

To regular people, sure, he'd be less vulnerable. To superpowered gods/creatures? Eh...it would just allow him to play in their league, which is sort of the point. Another angle of Batman.

If anything, it showcases and highlights his humanity even more, and displays his ingenuity, his technical savvy, genius, etc.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 01-23-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #69
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
What do you mean? Just look how original Hollywood can be

Robocop's black suit is part of the satire of the film.

And if I'm right
Old 01-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #70
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I understand exactly what you are saying and I get it, I also appreciate the response minus the eye roll emoticon of a 16 year old girl.
I was just making an observation as to the fact that I found it funny that people wanted one yet opposed the other…not that Im for or against it.

*\S/T*
Old 01-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #71
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ I'd want him to have SPECIAL armor for fighting Superman. Yeah, I know it wouldn't help him much..

But then again, by the logic of "it's useless", he'd be fighting Superman in his Batbriefs.

Armor would be good at "selling" the idea of Batman being some type of threat to Superman.

And it would look cool. And it would allow for a nice, CG oriented fight..

And if the suit is gently pulled apart by Superman, then we can finally see the Batsuit in all its glory.

I think it would be neat. Kind of TDKR gone backwards.
I guess Batman wearing armor doesn't sell the idea of him being a threat to me at all. It just distracts me and I think about how that armor won't save him. His brain is what makes him a threat. He's sneaky and clever and always coming up with some scheme. That's what I like to see.

And to me, the armor doesn't look cool. It looks silly and generic. IMO, Bats hasn't looked good in live action for so long. I'm ready for something new.

However, it's just personal preference and it doesn't bother me that some are ok with the armor thing. It's just not my preference, but I may be able to deal with it if it's only on him for a short period and it isn't used to save him from Superman/make him superman's physical equal because that doesn't make sense to me. Armor cannot make him superman's physical match and it's too much of a stretch in believability for me.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #72
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I don't get the complaints about Batman having an armored/powered suit. How would that somehow make him less human or vulnerable?

To regular people, sure. To superpowered gods/creatures? Eh...it would just allow him to play in their league, which is sort of the point.

If anything, it showcases and highlights his humanity even more, and displays his ingenuity, his technical savvy, genius, etc.
Why, then, does Batman stick his god-powered super suit on top of the wardrobe, one he's finished with it?

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 01-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #73
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I'd argue that showing Batman in his regular costume laying the smackdown on Superman makes the Man of Steel look wimpy.

I accept that type of imagery in comics, because a lot of crazy things happen there :P
Yeah but thats the thing, He didn't lay the smackdown on him it was the total opposite.

Supes was toying with him and Batman couldn't even touch him. But he just said a couple things that made Superman stop fighting.

He called him Clark and reminded him that he doesn't kill

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Old 01-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #74
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Why, then, does Batman stick his god-powered super suit on top of the wardrobe, one he's finished with it?
Why does he what the what now?

And if I'm right
Old 01-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #75
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Again...NOT to fight against Superman, but to fight alongside him and WW against powerful enemies for which he may still need extra protection for his part.
I think this will be the most logical reason. cause if he fights against Supes, no armor can resist Supes attacks. But if he decides to fight alongside Supes and Wondy against a powerful enemie I'll say yes.

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Closed Thread