Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #76
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
But that's not what you said. You said "Batman in armor defeats the purpose of Batman" which is nonsense. If you're going to argue something at least try and stay consistent about it. Constantly moving the goalposts doesn't help matters. And if you want to diddle around about with how awesome you think Superman is then go right ahead, but his relevance to what I was talking about is zero.
When I said armor the "invincible" kind is what I meant, usually people think of some "invincible" type armor when they think of armor for Batman and that's not the same as what I'd want Batman in. I was consistent, you just needed clarification.

And Superman is awesome. Yeah.

PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
Old 01-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #77
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I don't get the complaints about Batman having an armored/powered suit. How would that somehow make him less human or vulnerable as a character?

To regular people, sure, he'd be less vulnerable. To superpowered gods/creatures? Eh...it would just allow him to play in their league, which is sort of the point.

If anything, it showcases and highlights his humanity even more, and displays his ingenuity, his technical savvy, genius, etc.
THIS!

I only have a few internal rules for the fight.

1) I want Batman to attack first, at night with Kryptonite AND a robosuit.
2) I want Batman to have a longterm plan for dealing with a captured Superman (a red-sun chamber maybe?)
3) I want the fight to be somewhat away from urban areas. A junkyard would be neat. That would allow for things to get smashed and showcase neat disaster effects on a harmless scale. It'd also be a nice little nod to Superman III.
4) I want it to be clear that Superman could have won if he wanted, but is holding back the ENTIRE time. But I ultimately want it to be a stalemate.

Neither "win." They just stop fighting for some reason.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #78
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I was consistent, you just needed clarification.
No, I knew precisely what I was talking about.

But keep on arguing, brave internet warrior. If the last word is that important to you, here you go.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #79
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Why, then, does Batman stick his god-powered super suit on top of the wardrobe, one he's finished with it?
This is basically the problem I have when Batman interacts/"fights" Superman or some other ridiculously powered superbeing. They usually end up having to put him into an Iron Man type suit that makes him able to fight against a person like that...which then begs the question...why the hell isn't he in it all the time?

The other option is that the writers come up with ridiculous "Batgod" plans (that are usually a joke anyway) to make Batman able to compete with these beings.

Which is why, frankly, I've never been a fan of Batman being in the JLA world to begin with. My favorite Batman has always been the one that sticks to Gotham and his own world. But this movie isn't doing that. It is, most likely, at some point, going to feature a fight between Supes and Bats...and to make that fight even marginally believable, they're going to have to put Batman in some kind of suped up suit...and then we're back to the same old question "Why doesn't he use it all the time?"

Unfortunately, it's kind of an unavoidable problem when you pit Batman against someone like Superman.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 01-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #80
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
No, I knew precisely what I was talking about.

But keep on arguing, brave internet warrior. If the last word is that important to you, here you go.
You didn't know what I was talking about.

And does that mean I won? Thanks for the distinction, it means a lot coming from you.

PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
Old 01-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #81
Nathan

The Red Son scenario was still the best and most believable way for Batman to take on Superman. Every time you put him into armor, there are so many other additional factors needed. Superman needs to be dumbed down, weakened in advance, employ the help of Kryptonite, and hope that he holds back the entire time he fights you. Then, and only then, does Batman in armor have a glimmer of a chance to take him down.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #82
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Why, then, does Batman stick his god-powered super suit on top of the wardrobe, one he's finished with it?
Because..layers.

Also, I think it'd be a neat parallelism of Zod's suit coming off. Having Bruce shed that battle-damaged outfit and be even MORE intimidating would be a nice call-back to the MOS final fight.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #83
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Which is why, frankly, I've never been a fan of Batman being in the JLA world to begin with.
Justice League: The New Frontier handled that perfectly. Batman is the master planner while everyone else gets knocked around. He'll get in the fight if he has to but he's aware of his mortality. No need for an Iron Man suit.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps

2014 Reviews: JACK RYAN: SHADOW RECRUIT [★☆☆] / THE LEGO MOVIE [★★★★] / ROBOCOP [★★☆☆]
Old 01-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #84
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
The Red Son scenario was still the best and most believable way for Batman to take on Superman. Every time you put him into armor, there are so many other additional factors needed. Superman needs to be dumbed down, weakened in advance, employ the help of Kryptonite, and hope that he holds back the entire time he fights you. Then, and only then, does Batman in armor have a glimmer of a chance to take him down.
That's how I would see it too if it were strictly against Superman (which I hope it's not)...and like in the DKR comic, something apocalyptic and ultimately suicidal. If there's going to be a battle suit per se, it's a fight for 'all the marbles', knowing that he may still die, but hopefully the added protection will buy him a bit more time.

Not "go-go-gadget robot-suit!"

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 01-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #85
Denish
Side-Kick

I've always got this strange feeling about Batman when he's in the JLA, mostly with Dc animated features..I look at him and he doesn't look to me right..No matter how much screentime he has, he does not seem to be the Batman I'm used to..Maybe because he has to interact and coexist with other heroes, and he's often described as an *******

Old 01-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #86
ArmsHeldOut
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
This is basically the problem I have when Batman interacts/"fights" Superman or some other ridiculously powered superbeing. They usually end up having to put him into an Iron Man type suit that makes him able to fight against a person like that...which then begs the question...why the hell isn't he in it all the time?
Because ordinary circumstances do not necessitate such a response. When you're dealing with Superman, however, you take out the fine china.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #87
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
I've always got this strange feeling about Batman when he's in the JLA, mostly with Dc animated features..I look at him and he doesn't look to me right..No matter how much screentime he has, he does not seem to be the Batman I'm used to..Maybe because he has to interact and coexist with other heroes, and he's often described as an *******
He's obviously much less 'powered' than most, but he's unquestionably a leader and master strategist. Albeit not a very happy one. I still think he is the most dangerous of all Superheroes...the one tat yo do't want changing sides.

i actually imagined a TAS episode where the main JL members all come after Batman and he takes them down one-by-one using the info that he's been accumulating on each one of them over time. Of course ending with Superman.

http://youtu.be/4Qt42ASS1Rg?t=6m4s

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 01-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #88
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Because ordinary circumstances do not necessitate such a response. When you're dealing with Superman, however, you take out the fine china.
And Superman would break it just like fine china.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #89
ChrisB
Batman-News.com

The blue/grey Batsuit rumor has been debunked:
http://batman-news.com/2014/01/23/be...n-vs-superman/

Old 01-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #90
Denish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
He's obviously much less 'powered' than most, but he's unquestionably a leader and master strategist. Albeit not a very happy one. I still think he is the most dangerous of all Superheroes...the one tat yo do't want changing sides.

i actually imagined a TAS episode where the main JL members all come after Batman and he takes them down one-by-one using the info that he's been accumulating on each one of them over time. Of course ending with Superman.

I know his potential in the JLA, He is the mind behind all..but when I watch those Dc animated movies, it seems to be a character out of focus, my attention is much more on Superman or the other members..Is just the way I used to see Batman, the lonely psychopath..And in that context, for me, he looses something that is unique, making him a second character..Don't know how to explain better this feeling towards him

Old 01-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #91
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

I'm not opposed to batman being a master strategist. That is his strength. I'm not even opposed to him getting the advantage over more powerful heroes at times. It makes things exciting. But...I feel that other heroes are often nerfed or dumbed down to allow him to do this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's eye-roll material. Sacrificing one hero to prop up another is hard to avoid and really annoying for fans of the one who gets sacrificed. I hope they can avoid such a thing.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #92
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Oh no!

Hopefully he just means the blue is BS and not the grey.

I can't handle another boring monochromatic Black batsuit.

HERESY!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #93
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
I know his potential in the JLA, He is the mind behind all..but when I watch those Dc animated movies, it seems to be a character out of focus, my attention is much more on Superman or the other members..Is just the way I used to see Batman, the lonely psychopath..And in that context, for me, he looses something that is unique, making him a second character..Don't know how to explain better this feeling towards him
Well, he is sharing a lot of the story time, so it makes sense that he'd feel a little shoehorned in.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #94
regwec
Shakespearo

If the blue and grey part of the rumour is debunked, and the silver-white armoured plates part remains...I don't know what to say.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 01-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #95
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's how I would see it too if it were strictly against Superman (which I hope it's not)...and like in the DKR comic, something apocalyptic and ultimately suicidal. If there's going to be a battle suit per se, it's a fight for 'all the marbles', knowing that he may still die, but hopefully the added protection will buy him a bit more time.

Not "go-go-gadget robot-suit!"
THIS!!!!

Also, showing Batman in the battlesuit allows Superman to somewhat fight back, tearing and burning the edges of the ROBOARMOR as opposed to his supercostume, which would go through his skin, burning him severely.

Also, Superman BLOCKING punches wouldn't break his own hand, because they are protected by giant robo-gauntlets. Kind of a robotic-shock absorber of sorts.

I want the fight to be one-sided once the armor comes off..

Superman seemingly getting hit, but the Snyder-slo-mo revealing that he's actually DODGING the punches to protect Batman from injuring his hand.

That would be intense, but also fun in a way.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #96
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
The blue/grey Batsuit rumor has been debunked:
http://batman-news.com/2014/01/23/be...n-vs-superman/
Blue and grey debunked, but what about that silver lining Batsuit that Eh Maybe mentioned? They don't exactly debunk that.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 01-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #97
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Which is why, frankly, I've never been a fan of Batman being in the JLA world to begin with. My favorite Batman has always been the one that sticks to Gotham and his own world.
I know what you mean but I think the fact that Batman can co-exist with the Justice League and still hold his own speaks to the richness of the character.

He is a man amongst gods and yet he proves to be their equal in spite of it.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #98
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
THIS!!!!

Also, showing Batman in the battlesuit allows Superman to somewhat fight back, tearing and burning the edges of the ROBOARMOR as opposed to his supercostume, which would go through his skin, burning him severely.

Also, Superman BLOCKING punches wouldn't break his own hand, because they are protected by giant robo-gauntlets. Kind of a robotic-shock absorber of sorts.

I want the fight to be one-sided once the armor comes off..

Superman seemingly getting hit, but the Snyder-slo-mo revealing that he's actually DODGING the punches to protect Batman from injuring his hand.

That would be intense, but also fun in a way.

Yeah, but I wouldn't want a Bat-armor suit for fighting Superman. I'd want it if he fought alongside Supes and WW against a lot of baddies.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #99
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
THIS!

I only have a few internal rules for the fight.

1) I want Batman to attack first, at night with Kryptonite AND a robosuit.
2) I want Batman to have a longterm plan for dealing with a captured Superman (a red-sun chamber maybe?)
3) I want the fight to be somewhat away from urban areas. A junkyard would be neat. That would allow for things to get smashed and showcase neat disaster effects on a harmless scale. It'd also be a nice little nod to Superman III.
4) I want it to be clear that Superman could have won if he wanted, but is holding back the ENTIRE time. But I ultimately want it to be a stalemate.

Neither "win." They just stop fighting for some reason.
Some of these internal rules are problematic.

1) Fighting at night isn't a big deal for Superman, he can still X-ray vision to get a better view of the situation than he would with simple vision. Thus, negating Batman's theatricality.
2) How can Batman know about how to negate Kryptonians' abilities and contain them? It comes off as contrived and Bat-God-ish.
3) I'm not sure that's going to happen, if Superman and Batman are fighting, it may very well be in Gotham.
4) That's actually difficult, and it would depend on how well Cavill portrays this (since we always had to take it for face value in the comics).

Old 01-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #100
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

In my opinion there's nothing lamer than seeing Batman take on Superman in an armored suit.

Closed Thread