The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #126
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Re: Superman/batman production and filming news, pictures.

That would make sense Kalmart. He did say in a month "or so"

Old 03-04-2014, 12:20 AM   #127
Chip Chipperson
Man of Murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I guess a month or so means we could actually get a Batman suit reveal or tease around that time. sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Then it will be just like The Dark Knight Rises! :o
Old 03-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #128
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

i just want the pic(s) of them suited up. I'm still pretty annoyed about the delay.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:27 AM   #129
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

The movie is over two years away. I don't feel like they need to release photos for a long while.

Have there been any official Avengers, Star Wars, or Ant-Man photos yet? And these are 2015 movies.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:31 AM   #130
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Why are you annoyed? It's only about three months in terms of production some 8-months for release. It'll fly by.
because 3 years between dc movies is too much time for me.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:32 AM   #131
MrsKent26
Whatever.

It annoys me too. It crawls by. But there's nothing I can do about it.

\S/T*
Old 03-04-2014, 01:33 AM   #132
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
The movie is over two years away. I don't feel like they need to release photos for a long while.

Have there been any official Avengers, Star Wars, or Ant-Man photos yet? And these are 2015 movies.
we all know what the avengers look like. most of them anyway. not many people care about the maximoff twins or ant-man in comparison to a new batman and ww.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #133
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

If the wait it becoming unbearable, I recommend quitting internet forums about the movie Take your mind off it.

I wonder how Star Wars fans feel.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-04-2014 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:01 AM   #134
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Are you...dangerously ill, or something? (hope not)

I think it's good it takes a little more time...we've gotten too much too soon lately. I always used to be three-ish years and it wasn't a problem then. Savor the time in between, don't lament it, yo?

Good vibrations.
when they're trying to tell a bunch of different stories from disparate characters, the wait becomes exhaustive. i think the wait has more to do with warners not having any confidence in the characters more than anything. the lego movie came out, was a hit, and now they're developing a minecraft movie. they want to make the peter pan story a tentpole as well. i mean .

anyway i don't want to derail the thread anymore than i already have I'm sure this argument has been had around these parts for weeks. i personally don't think these characters are that much a priority for them.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:31 AM   #135
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Well...I won't go into details, but I know exactly why they delayed. And it wasn't because of a lack of confidence. Trust me, just be patent. But anyway, again, I think people have gotten too accustomed to getting things so fast it's kind of spoiled them a bit. This is more of a normal timeline/rate.
i read it was because of eisenberg shooting american ultra.

look, i don't really mind the delay of this film, my problem is is that that seems to be the only thing they're working on. we've heard rumors of jl and bvs shooting back to back, but that's all that is. rumors. that isn't enough to satiate me as a fan, especially when they're developing all this other crap not that many people cares(maybe too much hyperbole) for. a minecraft movie? peter pan? a new matrix? again?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:42 AM   #136
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

KalMart works for the movie?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:48 AM   #137
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

It just seems logical to me to put out solo franchises after JL, not before (if they do ever make solo movies). Look at IM3's numbers post Avengers.

In the meantime, WB can release other movies that wouldn't matter when they were released (like Pan, etc, which wouldn't get a bump after the release of another film they release).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-04-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:54 AM   #138
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
It just seems logical to me to put out solo franchises after JL, not before (if they do ever make solo movies). Look at IM3's numbers post Avengers.

In the meantime, WB can release other movies that wouldn't matter when they were released (like Pan, etc, which wouldn't get a bump after the release of another film they release).
Honestly I'm not sure we're gonna get solo franchises, maybe 1 solo for Bats, 1 or 2 more solos for Supes, and maybe 1 for WW. WB's has other films to make, and frankly I think GL made them nervous. Flash would be lucky to get a film, and the rest are just almost certainly not getting films for some time.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:15 AM   #139
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
i read it was because of eisenberg shooting american ultra.

look, i don't really mind the delay of this film, my problem is is that that seems to be the only thing they're working on. we've heard rumors of jl and bvs shooting back to back, but that's all that is. rumors. that isn't enough to satiate me as a fan, especially when they're developing all this other crap not that many people cares(maybe too much hyperbole) for. a minecraft movie? peter pan? a new matrix? again?
Nobody questions when Disney plans to make more Star Wars movies, we have seen six Star Wars movies already, nobody questions Disney about plans to make more Pirates of Caribbean movies or more Pixar movies, just because they are making Two Marvel movies a year on a regular basis.

But then they still are going ahead with other franchises too, which means just making comic book movies does not guarantee that they will earn enough money.

Can we say that Disney making more Pirates movies, Pixar movies, Star Wars movies is a sign of them not having confidence in their own Marvel characters ?

I mean going by the logic presented here by some posters, they should only rely on comic book properties to make money, so why should they look at other non comic book franchises ?

Sorry, studios do not think like the fans do.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 03-04-2014, 03:21 AM   #140
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Nobody questions when Disney plans to make more Star Wars movies, we have seen six Star Wars movies already, nobody questions Disney about plans to make more Pirates of Caribbean movies or more Pixar movies, just because they are making Two Marvel movies a year on a regular basis.

But then they still are going ahead with other franchises too, which means just making comic book movies does not guarantee that they will earn enough money.

Can we say that Disney making more Pirates movies, Pixar movies, Star Wars movies is a sign of them not having confidence in their own Marvel characters ?

I mean going by the logic presented here by some posters, they should only rely on comic book properties to make money, so why should they look at other non comic book franchises ?

Sorry, studios do not think like the fans do.
you answered your own questions in your first paragraph. sorry.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:22 AM   #141
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
I'm going to put it this way.....it's still early. But I'll also say it's not just a 'fan' thing for them, either.
who are you the riddler? i don't know what to make of this.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:51 AM   #142
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
you answered your own questions in your first paragraph. sorry.
No, you missed the point..

I was just pointing out why fans think it is OK for Disney to make more movies. From fan's perspective it seems that Disney have earned their right to make other franchises too, as long as they continue to make Marvel movies, but it's not that simple, no studio is relying on just comic book movies alone, to earn them money simply because they viewed are hit or miss properties, all comic book movies carry a financial risk.

Which is why just looking at comic book properties is not sufficient, from Studio's point of view, they need other franchises, other than comic book movies irrespective of the Studio (WB or Disney).

To single out one and justify other makes no sense as they both are following the same logic, fans on the other hand want them to concentrate on making more movies based on comic book properties, which do not guarantee commercial success.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 03-04-2014 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:34 AM   #143
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
No, you missed the point..

I was just pointing out why fans think it is OK for Disney to make more movies. From fan's perspective it seems that Disney have earned their right to make other franchises too, as long as they continue to make Marvel movies, but it's not that simple, no studio is relying on just comic book movies alone, to earn them money simply because they viewed are hit or miss properties, all comic book movies carry a financial risk.
first, this isn't a thing. marvel/disney actually makes plans and they follow through. this is why this comparison is silly. there is zero point in applying that logic to disney. the fact remains is, if dc was a priority, we would actually hear more than just rumors of plans. dc is in phase 1 if you could even call it that, right when marvel is kicking off phase 2. marvel already has plans for phase 3.

Quote:
Which is why just looking at comic book properties is not sufficient, from Studio's point of view, they need other franchises, other than comic book movies irrespective of the Studio (WB or Disney).
because they don't know what they're doing. there is a reason they keep shoving batgod down our throats. because it works. they gamble on the likes of the losers and jonah hex because they don't cost as much money to make, and they still get burned.

Quote:
To single out one and justify other makes no sense as they both are following the same logic, fans on the other hand want them to concentrate on making more movies based on comic book properties, which do not guarantee commercial success.
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. what are you talking about?

because they don't know what they're doing. they've been afraid of the cape and spandex ever since the schumacle, so they think they have to darken everything up to be taken seriously. they don't give each character (apart from bats) the respect and the tools they need to succeed.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:41 AM   #144
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Marvel hasn't revealed its 2016 movies. There's no plan!

Old 03-04-2014, 05:08 AM   #145
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Wow. Having lived through the age of barely getting ANY kind of comic book live action project sometimes for years on end, the sense of entitlement that leads to the fan cries of gloom and doom because one or another studio isn't "planning/making" more product that they want is flabbergasting. You all who talk like this do actually realize that the idea that fans will get big budget live action super hero material on a regular, hell even annual basis, is an incredibly new phenomenon that owes itself to both the general audience being more open to CBMs and the ability of SFX to realize in some ways the fantasy of superheroes? This was not possible the way we see it today even a decade and a half ago. So... Yeah. This entitled whine about "no plans" and "falling behind" sounds pretty childish for somebody that actually remembers that the wait between Superman's big budget hit live action film and Batman's hit big budget live action film was 11 years. Now... now we have at least one Marvel and one DC tv show with more Marvel tv shows coming down the pike, a Flash show to companion with Arrow and a World's Finest that will feature Wonder Woman, and a Justice League film to follow and a WW solo film to follow that (if things go according to Gal's contract). Marvel is still chugging along with it's next film phase and a healthy competition is causing a nice little boom in comic book properties on screens of all kinds. So does the DC fan sit back and enjoy this all? Nope. "WHAHHHHHHHHH!!! Give me my bottle NOW!!!"

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:33 AM   #146
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

thanks for taking the time to show me the error of my ways jesus.

yawn.

this must be bizarro superherohype. we're supposed to be good little boys and girls thankful for every little film we get every three years, and discuss our appreciation for that ad nauseam for 3 ****ing years all because some dinosaur said so.

Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 03-04-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:51 AM   #147
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
thanks for taking the time to show me the error of my ways jesus.

yawn.

this must be bizarro superherohype. we're supposed to be good little boys and girls thankful for every little film we get every three years, and discuss our appreciation for that ad nauseam for 3 ****ing years all because some dinosaur said so.
Yep.

Or... You know... Stop being a fan of this stuff just because it's not being produced on the timetable that suits you personally. The caricature of the current generation is one of no patience, entitlement and zero attention span. That's totally untrue, but man... Your post kind of lives up to that caricature in the worst way. At 37, I don't think I am a dinosaur, but I sure as hell have as a fan seen the difference in the product I got when I was younger as opposed to what we get now in live action. Or animation. Or in video games. Or in all the other formats we have now. For adaptations of comic book material this is a golden age. But instead of drinking it all in and enjoying it some just want to piss and moan.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:08 AM   #148
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yep.

Or... You know... Stop being a fan of this stuff just because it's not being produced on the timetable that suits you personally.
because that's how fandom works?

Quote:
The caricature of the current generation is one of no patience, entitlement and zero attention span.
it has zero to do with any of those things and everything to do with feeling like a fan who's love's been unrequited.

Quote:
That's totally untrue, but man... Your post kind of lives up to that caricature in the worst way. At 37, I don't think I am a dinosaur, but I sure as hell have as a fan seen the difference in the product I got when I was younger as opposed to what we get now in live action. Or animation. Or in video games. Or in all the other formats we have now.
you should get a medal for having dealt with all of those horrible things. it's funny that you should feel that way though, all the while trying to apply some sort of stoicism to "those hard times you've had to endure" as if it has earned you some sort of badge of honor.

we're not supposed to be of that kind of mind because "things are better than ever" but anyone who shows any level of passion for these things is seen as petulant, a lesser fanatic. got it.

Quote:
For adaptations of comic book material this is a golden age. But instead of drinking it all in and enjoying it some just want to piss and moan.
well, it doesn't take me that much time to process it. you're an old man so i understand why it works differently for you.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #149
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Yeah... No petulance there at all.

But in no way am I calling you a lesser fan, or the like. I'm calling out the sense of entitlement, and immature world view, cuz, yeah I am older and I have seen how live action adaptations used to be, or for that matter how little product of any kind we used to get outside of the source books themselves. That does not make me superior, but it gives me a perspective that it seems you lack and can't appreciate. If you want to use "unrequited love" as a metaphor it goes along with the idea I have of an immature mindset... With room for improvement of course. The simple fact is, even despite our financial support of these franchises... These big corporate entities actually owe you and me NOTHING. Not one thing. If they so decided to tomorrow close down DC COMICS, DC ENTERTAINMENT and never ever do anything with those characters/franchises... That would be their right, and there wouldn't be a single thing you or I could do about it. FACT. So all the crying and moaning really doesn't do a damned thing realistically now does it? Scoff all you want, but you'll save yourself from getting an ulcer. Some perspective Padwan. Get some.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:31 AM   #150
The_Harvest
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yeah... No petulance there at all.

But in no way am I calling you a lesser fan, or the like. I'm calling out the sense of entitlement, and immature world view, cuz, yeah I am older and I have seen how live action adaptations used to be, or for that matter how little product of any kind we used to get outside of the source books themselves. That does not make me superior, but it gives me a perspective that it seems you lack and can't appreciate. If you want to use "unrequited love" as a metaphor it goes along with the idea I have of an immature mindset... With room for improvement of course. The simple fact is, even despite our financial support of these franchises... These big corporate entities actually owe you and me NOTHING. Not one thing. If they so decided to tomorrow close down DC COMICS, DC ENTERTAINMENT and never ever do anything with those characters/franchises... That would be their right, and there wouldn't be a single thing you or I could do about it. FACT. So all the crying and moaning really doesn't do a damned thing realistically now does it? Scoff all you want, but you'll save yourself from getting an ulcer. Some perspective Padwan. Get some.

Closed Thread