The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #26
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

So Batfleck is leaving.......

Old 01-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #27
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
well, stealing is stealing.

Those clothes didn't belong to Clark, and that family didn't do anything to Clark or anything to "deserve" that.

If they wanted to show Clark taking those clothes out of necessity, they could have added a scene where Clark returns to that home later on and drops off a wad of cash to pay them back.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #28
Raven X
Nevermore

ok.....here's another scenario.....

while Clark's floating in the ocean, he's picked up by another fisherman boat or whatever and then we assume they're the ones who give him a fresh set of clothes.

or he washes up on shore, then that family finds him and takes him back to their home, where they let him stay for the night and give him new clothes. then he thanks them and leaves the next morning.

would also show that there are good, charitable people out there.

done.

Disney Lover!!

Last edited by Raven X; 01-26-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #29
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
He's never meant to have a sixth sense. His goodness is supposed to come from his parents and how he was raised.
As I said, even children who are raised in loving, nurturing environments make mistakes or do things some might consider "out of line". Clark grabbed the clothes to protect himself, nothing more, nothing less. He didn't steal the clothes because he liked them and wanted them for himself...

Quote:
Honestly I didn't see that character evolution in the movie
Guess we weren't watching the same movie. I saw Clark go from being a man with no purpose, wandering the country leaving a trail of good deeds in his wake, hiding his true self and abilities from the rest of the world...to a Superman standing proudly in front of the military and our country, fighting to protect us all from an evil being who wanted to transform our planet into his own at the expense of the lives of every living human being.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #30
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
So Batfleck is leaving.......

what.........

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #31
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
And Clark's appearance isn't going to set off a couple of alarm bells for these citizens? (black skin, ripped pants). Who's to say that news didn't break of the oil rig crashing + witness accounts of a "saviour"?

Hence, the whole logic of the film in that sequence is for Clark to be incognito.
That's quite a stretch though. Not everyone is a detective. When some people see others in need they simply offer help. No crazy questions asked. It would be more believeable that he was in a car wreck or house fire than a superhuman who saved a bunch of people in an incident that wasn't on the news yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Seeing as how Clark was in a small town, I highly doubt there are goodwill bins.
You're not looking at it from a writing perspective. If one was there no one would have questioned it. Goodwill is everywhere, especially small towns. Simple as that

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #32
Orb
Lord of Demons

Can we go back to talking about Ben Affleck's broken leg...?

Batman V Superman
Dawn of Justice
Old 01-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #33
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Top of my head?

Asking them for the clothes (which shows him by example that there are charitable people around)

Having someone see him all disheveled and give him clothing (same as above)

Finding them in a Goodwill bin (what's another brand sponsorship amirite)
I like your posts, they are interesting

Old 01-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #34
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post

I hear the dude has a peg leg now.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #35
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
well, for me, it's an honor issue.

stealing is wrong....period.

Clark doesn't have to be perfect, but knowing not to steal should be a basic principle that he should understand.
what's this fascination with him being flawless morally? Ignoring all the many benefits of flawed relatable heroes(especially these days), and what's been an obstacle in the superman brand throughout the years..

There seems to be a misconception of just how honorable the character needs to be to function. For example, what's the honor in lying every single day, sometimes very boldly to people he loves(or doesn't)? Or that he results to, and propagates violence when there maybe other avenues(ask ghandi and ironically christ).
I assume the answer has something to do with the greater good.
Should the goal that is 'the best writing' simply be to present the most perfect moral hero?

Old 01-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #36
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
Nope, lets talk about his bruised ribs....

Dats dat.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #37
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
well, for me, it's an honor issue.

stealing is wrong....period.

Clark doesn't have to be perfect, but knowing not to steal should be a basic principle that he should understand.
That's my stance as well. Same goes for destroying that guy's truck. I like a flawed hero in film. But not a petty one

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #38
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Top of my head?

Asking them for the clothes (which shows him by example that there are charitable people around)

Having someone see him all disheveled and give him clothing (same as above)

Finding them in a Goodwill bin (what's another brand sponsorship amirite)
Those options all sound contrived. We're talking about a spontaneous moment where a guy needed clothes fast. That's all it is. It would have been corny if that moment was turned into an example of just how good Clark was, or how good-natured most people can be...especially after he just saved several lives.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #39
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
That's my stance as well. Same goes for destroying that guy's truck. I like a flawed hero in film. But not a petty one

Guess you're not a fan of pre-Spider-man Peter Parker in either film series. His "pettiness" got his uncle killed. So Spider-man sucks because he didn't always do the right thing throughout all of his life!

Old 01-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #40
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I'm joking. Also seriously, we're discussing if Superman stealing clothes was good or bad? There were many more problems in Man of Steel than Clark taking someone's jacket and pants.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #41
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
destroying the guys truck can get more of a "pass," because that guy was an ass and he "deserved" it more.

not saying it's right, but I have less a problem with that.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #42
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Some of you guys really pick apart the craziest ****. Like the clothes stealing scene. Really? Really now?

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #43
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I'm joking. Also seriously, we're discussing if Superman stealing clothes was good or bad? There were many more problems in Man of Steel than Clark taking someone's jacket and pants.
Well everything else has already been complained about ad nauseum. The well is running dry. It was inevitable.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #44
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't like that... I thought it was cool when he "turned the other cheek" in the bar. And then he went outside and destroyed the truck

Old 01-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #45
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
destroying the guys truck can get more of a "pass," because that guy was an ass and he "deserved" it more.

I'm glad Clark/superman gets a "pass" from you. Thank god he gets a pass or else he'd be damned for eternity.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #46
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Those options all sound contrived. We're talking about a spontaneous moment where a guy needed clothes fast. That's all it is. It would have been corny if that moment was turned into an example of just how good Clark was, or how good-natured most people can be...especially after he just saved several lives.
I don't find it at all contrived to show that other characters in a superhero movie are capable of doing good deeds. Happened in three of the Spidey films and I absolutely loved those moments. To me, he stole. That was an unnecessary writing choice that could have easily been avoided by someone who is more familiar with the character. Same goes for the semi truck destruction. I'm not asking for a perfect, unflawed character. But in regards to Superman he shouldn't do petty things because the writers can't be more creative.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #47
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Some of you guys really pick apart the craziest ****. Like the clothes stealing scene. Really? Really now?
That's why we have internet forums

Old 01-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #48
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Slow news day....

Dats dat.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #49
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Guess you're not a fan of pre-Spider-man Peter Parker in either film series. His "pettiness" got his uncle killed. So Spider-man sucks because he didn't always do the right thing throughout all of his life!
for the record, I HATED how Peter was portrayed in TASM, especially when it lead to his Uncle's death. THAT was stupid and petty......the whole few cents over chocolate milk deal.

Much more so than what Clark did.

at least Clark was out there saving people.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #50
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:

You have less problem with him wrecking a 70,000 truck and possibly ruining a guys livelihood and stranding him in some podunk town, than some family losing 40 bucks worth of clothes?

Does not compute.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread