The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #51
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Hell I may have my issues with the film but complain about this? Next y'all will say "I didn't like that Superman wore a Kansas City Royals t shirt".

Old 01-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #52
InJustice
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
That's quite a stretch though. Not everyone is a detective. When some people see others in need they simply offer help. No crazy questions asked. It would be more believeable that he was in a car wreck or house fire than a superhuman who saved a bunch of people in an incident that wasn't on the news yet.
I apologize if I come off brash, but what world are you living in? Today's world is extremely cynical. This isn't to say that people won't help, but to say that people will help without asking questions is a huge logical stretch. People aren't as dumb as Nolan's Batman movies, they can connect two things insofar as the connection makes sense. And in this case, I'm compelled to say that it does.

Quote:
You're not looking at it from a writing perspective. If one was there no one would have questioned it. Goodwill is everywhere, especially small towns. Simple as that
The town that Man of Steel was based on had no commercial entities/nfp organizations like Goodwill (more of an industrial town based on what I saw). Hence, it's a huge stretch to place Goodwill there. If this was Smallville, you would have had a point since the basis is there for commercial entities to exist.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #53
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Stop what you're doing and go watch The Wolf of Wall Street immediately
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Just watch the movie Charl, Dicaprio does better and greater things.
I will have to watch it. That gif is hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
If they wanted to show Clark taking those clothes out of necessity, they could have added a scene where Clark returns to that home later on and drops off a wad of cash to pay them back.
He's not a benevolent god. I'm glad MOS didn't focus so heavily on the god-complex. Any "normal" person would have stolen too. Also, asking for help might have revealed what he just did on the oil rig.

I really don't get this Goyer bashing.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #54
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Well everything else has already been complained about ad nauseum. The well is running dry. It was inevitable.
Lol so true.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #55
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Why did Superman drink a budweiser? Not the best beer. Besides, you shouldn't drink and fly.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #56
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't find it at all contrived to show that other characters in a superhero movie are capable of doing good deeds. Happened in three of the Spidey films and I absolutely loved those moments. To me, he stole. That was an unnecessary writing choice that could have easily been avoided by someone who is more familiar with the character. Same goes for the semi truck destruction. I'm not asking for a perfect, unflawed character. But in regards to Superman he shouldn't do petty things because the writers can't be more creative.
In regards to the bolded, what did you think of this?

Old 01-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #57
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
Why did Superman drink a budweiser? Not the best beer. Besides, you shouldn't drink and fly.
Who's he gonna hit? A couple of birds?

Old 01-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #58
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post

That's even worse in the Donner cut

Old 01-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #59
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Guess you're not a fan of pre-Spider-man Peter Parker in either film series. His "pettiness" got his uncle killed. So Spider-man sucks because he didn't always do the right thing throughout all of his life!
The difference is "petty" Peter Parker (say that five times fast) learned from his selfish action which lead to his uncle's death, which is addressed by him becoming Spider-Man. There's no similar resolution to Clark's stealing clothes or destroying that guy's truck. Those things were written to happen as an aside which, for me, meant they feel there's nothing to learn from those moments. He just did petty, selfish things and and there's no proof he learned from them/changed. Hopefully moments like those are excluded from the sequel.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #60
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Who's he gonna hit? A couple of birds?
Oh I dunno, an airplane?

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #61
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:

Hated it. Even as a kid. Especially having that as one of the film's final moments. Bleh

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #62
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
The difference is "petty" Peter Parker (say that five times fast) learned from his selfish action which lead to his uncle's death, which is addressed by him becoming Spider-Man. There's no similar resolution to Clark's stealing clothes or destroying that guy's truck. Those things were written to happen as an aside which, for me, meant they feel there's nothing to learn from those moments. He just did petty, selfish things and and there's no proof he learned from them/changed. Hopefully moments like those are excluded from the sequel.
Not in TASM.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #63
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Blame Goyer, he should have written him drinking warm milk instead. Or maybe we can pass the buck for that one to the props guy.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #64
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Oh I dunno, an airplane?
The airplane could get out of the way.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #65
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
You really need to get over the clothes/truck stuff. It's reallllllllly not that serious, at all.

Dats it!

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #66
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Blame Goyer, he should have written him drinking warm milk instead. Or maybe we can pass the buck for that one to the props guy.
He should drink milk straight from the cow in the next movie.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #67
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
I apologize if I come off brash, but what world are you living in? Today's world is extremely cynical.
Depends where you go. I've lived in small towns and big cities and across the board I've witnessed people doing good things for others without asking questions. Giving someone a clothing included. So, no, it's not unrealistic by any means.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #68
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
The airplane could get out of the way.
Oh I wasn't aware and airplane can turn out of the way at the last second from a super powered being who flies faster then a speeding bullet. Guess steering a plane is just as easy as a car right? Just turn the wheel and it automatically goes right or left super fast

Dats it!

Old 01-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #69
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
He should drink milk straight from the cow in the next movie.
But it should be his own cow, lest he be accused of more petty thievery.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #70
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I will have to watch it. That gif is hilarious!

He's not a benevolent god. I'm glad MOS didn't focus so heavily on the god-complex. Any "normal" person would have stolen too. Also, asking for help might have revealed what he just did on the oil rig.

I really don't get this Goyer bashing.
I consider myself normal, but I wouldn't have stolen.

I'm not perfect by any means. but stealing is stealing.

and again, this is a FICTIONAL character in a story. They chose to write the scene that way. They could have chosen a different scenario.

and that's really the point I, and others like Poni Boy, are trying to make.

and I'm not bashing Goyer or anything or saying the movie sucked ass.

I loved MOS. It was my 2nd favorite film last year. But I admit and recognize that there were several things I wish they would have done differently.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #71
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
But it should be his own cow, lest he be accused of more petty thievery.
He borrows it from Batman.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #72
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
You really need to get over the clothes/truck stuff. It's reallllllllly not that serious, at all.
Nope. Not serious at all. But neither are the two dozen rumors floating around about this movie. Difference is I bring these up as examples of scenes/moments I hope not to see more of it in the future. I'd rather talk about this than broken leg Batfleck

Old 01-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #73
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Oh I wasn't aware and airplane can turn out of the way at the last second from a super powered being who flies faster then a speeding bullet. Guess steering a plane is just as easy as a car right? Just turn the wheel and it automatically goes right or left super fast
You never know.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #74
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
He borrows it from Batman.
Ah, the Batcow. Good thinking.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #75
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

If superman isn't doing PSA's in the next film about not drinking or doing drugs. If he's note donating money to charity. And ESPECIALLY if I don't get a scene of him opening the door for an elderly woman, IM DONE. DONE I SAY! Whether or not all this happens is basically gonna make or break the film and the entire DCCU for me

Dats it!

Closed Thread