The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #76
Raven X
Straight Edge Soul

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

y'know......I'm sure a lot of people throw out old clothes in the trash, especially if it's a small town and there's no recycle/donation bin.

they could have had Clark spotting a set of old clothes in that family's trash pile and taking that instead.

again..........small tweak to the scene.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #77
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
y'know......I'm sure a lot of people throw out old clothes in the trash, especially if it's a small town and there's no recycle/donation bin.

they could have had Clark spotting a set of old clothes in that family's trash pile and taking that instead.

Who ****ing caressssssssss. Christ almighty.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #78
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Not in TASM.
Nope. Definitely not there. Another superhero reboot that needed a script doctor IMO

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #79
InJustice
Side-Kick

ITT:

Old 01-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #80
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Is this still going on?

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #81
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:

Hah that's even simpler. Nice

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #82
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Is this still going on?
Unfortunately yes, like you said earlier. Slow news day haha.

Dats it!

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #83
Raven X
Straight Edge Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
I would without a doubt take the clothes like he did in the same situation, but then I'd later send them back with a thank you/apology note.
yeah. and with cash to pay them back.

that would be the honorable thing to do.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #84
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Why is nobody making a big deal of all the flies and insects superman must kill while flying around? That's the real tragedy.

Dats it!

Old 01-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #85
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Nope. Definitely not there. Another superhero reboot that needed a script doctor IMO
Damn straight. As disappointed as I am in Man of Steel, it was nearly as bad as TASM. That film is just turrible.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #86
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:

So superman has no honor at all now because of this? Give me a break.

Dats it!

Old 01-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #87
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Unfortunately yes, like you said earlier. Slow news day haha.
Oh wow....

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #88
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Why is nobody making a big deal of all the flies and insects superman must kill while flying around? That's the real tragedy.
Peta does.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #89
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
I would without a doubt take the clothes like he did in the same situation, but then I'd later send them back with a thank you/apology note.
Could have been added to the scene of him walking into the DP building at the end. He asks the front desk if they take outgoing mail and hands them the parcel. Would take about 20 seconds

Old 01-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #90
fake
Side-Kick

Just watched "Justice League: War". The first Superman-Batman confrontation was downright perfect. Batman throws everything at Superman and Superman just shrugs it off. Unfortunately, the second confrontation is resolved off-screen, I understand that for a 72 minute movie they showed a lot, but a proper resolution to the second Superman-Batman confrontation would have been great.

Wonder Woman was just downright badass in the movie, more of this in the Superman/Batman movie or Justice League please.

Overall, the movie definitely needed 10 minutes more since a lot of scenes are resolved too quickly because of the running time. Shazam, Flash, Batman and Wonder Woman shine. Superman has his moments, but is taken off the board early in order to make the "team coming together" seem natural. GL is characterized as a douche, but at least they acknowledge that at the end. Cyborg is good, but needed a better voice actor.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #91
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:

Who says he didn't? Just because it didn't happen onscreen doesn't mean it didn't happen at all. You rarely see characters taking dumps in movies but I'm pretty sure they still do.

Quote:
I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
It isn't.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #92
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Batman would have got Superman's attention quicker if he just said Clark.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #93
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Damn straight. As disappointed as I am in Man of Steel, it was nearly as bad as TASM. That film is just turrible.
I have a similar reaction to TASM that my friends had with MOS. After seeing it the first time I loved it (flaws and all) but after subsequent viewings I liked it less and less. Now I'm at the point I'm not really looking forward to the sequel

Old 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #94
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I loved MOS. It was my 2nd favorite film last year. But I admit and recognize that there were several things I wish they would have done differently.
There are little films that exist where this can't be said(for me anyways). Especially when it comes to genre material we are very familiar with. However there is a big diff between, I would have done differently and, this film is now in the hole for not doing what I would have done/preferred.
TDK is a great film, using the bat god would have made me all the happier but not using him doesn't actually put the film in some objective hole. I see this happening more and more with the 'fixes' mos has been getting.

If all MOS criticism could be framed in simple objectives, things would be so much more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
In regards to the bolded, what did you think of this?

The scene in MOS was a clear throw back/wink homage. Right down to the fact that it was a jerk trucker involved.
The one big difference, is that the modern audience is mostly confused about what is they want from the brand. Especially when it comes to "humor"

Old 01-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #95
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Could have been added to the scene of him walking into the DP building at the end. He asks the front desk if they take outgoing mail and hands them the parcel. Would take about 20 seconds
Again you say it's not that serious, yet you keep trying to think of ways to change what is already done. So it obviously is that serious.

Plus I highly doubt the audience in the theater would be on the edge of their seat to see that at the end. Omgggggg thank GOD he payed that family back for the clothes. It was bothering me the entire film is something you won't hear any fans say. Except for some of you here of course hahaha. So ridiculous.

Dats it!

Old 01-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #96
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
And Clark's appearance isn't going to set off a couple of alarm bells for these citizens? (black skin, ripped pants). Who's to say that news didn't break of the oil rig crashing + witness accounts of a "saviour"?

Hence, the whole logic of the film in that sequence is for Clark to be incognito.

Seeing as how Clark was in a small town, I highly doubt there are goodwill bins.
I think the best thing for THAT situation was for Clark to later anonymously give them a 50 dollar gift card to a drugstore like CVS (they probably had those, they definitely had a Sears)

That would not only give the dude money for pants, but a little something extra. Of course, he'd of have to have the address memorized somehow

Old 01-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #97
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Who says he didn't? Just because it didn't happen onscreen doesn't mean it didn't happen at all. You rarely see characters taking dumps in movies but I'm pretty sure they still do.
I hate that! It's okay to show sex in movies, but taking a crap? No way... I want to see John McClane sit on the toilet with a red, sweaty face.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #98
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
I didn't think it was that big of a deal. He also could have helped...say...wit the construction of rebuilding some of the city that he helped destroy, too.

Or maybe the several million dollars that the drone he took out costs....

Man, what a dick he is in this movie!
That's kind of what I mean. That one scene by itself is not a big deal at all. It's the compilation of scenes like the clothes, truck, drone and destruction aftermath that bother me as a whole. I just hope none of that is in the sequel. The only thing I ask of movie sequels is to learn from previous missteps. Bigger, larger, more CG everything need not apply

Old 01-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #99
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

"Millions of people have died in this horrendous tragedy. But eff them, I gotta reimburse these rednecks for their Wal-Mart jeans pronto!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
I hate that! It's okay to show sex in movies, but taking a crap? No way... I want to see John McClane sit on the toilet with a red, sweaty face.
In the McClane household it's known as 'taking a Gruber'

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #100
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Again you say it's not that serious, yet you keep trying to think of ways to change what is already done. So it obviously is that serious.

Plus I highly doubt the audience in the theater would be on the edge of their seat to see that at the end. Omgggggg thank GOD he payed that family back for the clothes. It was bothering me the entire film is something you won't hear any fans say. Except for some of you here of course hahaha. So ridiculous.
As much as I agree with you, I think 'people' would have indeed thought the film better had they done that. Would have had some people clapping. Mark Waid leading the charge.
"Zack Get's it...Zack get's us" they might say.