The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #101
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

"David S. Goyer is the devil incarnate and I hate this guts!!"

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #102
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
I hate that! It's okay to show sex in movies, but taking a crap? No way... I want to see John McClane sit on the toilet with a red, sweaty face.
Ha ha wasn't Danny Glover taking a crap in one of the Lethal Weapon movies?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #103
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Again you say it's not that serious, yet you keep trying to think of ways to change what is already done. So it obviously is that serious.

Plus I highly doubt the audience in the theater would be on the edge of their seat to see that at the end. Omgggggg thank GOD he payed that family back for the clothes. It was bothering me the entire film is something you won't hear any fans say. Except for some of you here of course hahaha. So ridiculous.
Sorry I don't speak hyperbole

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #104
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ @Poni_Boy This. I want MOS2 to be a more Earth-based warm, contemplative, character-driven movie. And I want Wonder Woman and Batman to be an extension of Clark's story. That is, Bruce being skeptical of Supes, with Diana being more trusting, but each trying to discover what they can about him as a character.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #105
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

People defend stealing in order to defend Clark's characterization in MOS? Damn.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #106
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
One of the best scenes in that series

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #107
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Dear General Swanwick,

I want to extend my apologies for destroying your Predator drone aircraft. Although I consider my privacy of the utmost importance, I realize that taxpayer money pays for valuable military equipment such as this.

As a token of my appreciation for those who protect our fine country with their lives, and the expense and inconvenience I've caused you....I've included a set of winter clothes with this letter. Hopefully they'll bring you the kind of warmth and comfort they once brought me.

Yours Truly,

Superman

P.s.: say hi to your driver for me.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

Old 01-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #108
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
The difference is "petty" Peter Parker (say that five times fast) learned from his selfish action which lead to his uncle's death, which is addressed by him becoming Spider-Man. There's no similar resolution to Clark's stealing clothes or destroying that guy's truck. Those things were written to happen as an aside which, for me, meant they feel there's nothing to learn from those moments. He just did petty, selfish things and and there's no proof he learned from them/changed. Hopefully moments like those are excluded from the sequel.
Those moments were meant to be comical, especially the truck scene. It doesn't show him as being petty. Petty was the trucker grabbing the girl's ass, splashing beer in Clark's face, & throwing a can at him when he opted to walk away.

That's petty.

Comparing that to the fact that he ultimately saved the world...I'd say it's not a big deal at all.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #109
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Depends where you go. I've lived in small towns and big cities and across the board I've witnessed people doing good things for others without asking questions. Giving someone a clothing included. So, no, it's not unrealistic by any means.
While it is not unrealistic, the frequency of that happening is not as often as in previous generations, mainly because of the change in thinking. Having said that, I highly doubt people wouldn't be suspicious of Clark's appearance (right after the oil rig scene).

Old 01-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #110
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah, but there was a bomb in the toilet. I want unnecessary toilet scenes! And people should make top ten lists.

"This toilet scene is so intense! The dramatic music when Bruce Wayne takes the hardest dump in his life...it's a masterpiece of crap!"

Old 01-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #111
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
I have a similar reaction to TASM that my friends had with MOS. After seeing it the first time I loved it (flaws and all) but after subsequent viewings I liked it less and less. Now I'm at the point I'm not really looking forward to the sequel
I have many problems but will only get into a few of them.

Lizard's Plan and Lizard/Connors as a whole:

Connors is suppose to be a sympathic villain in Spidey's rogues. He has a family and he's doing this for all the right reasons but this Connors just sucks. We don't see him with his family at all, he's obsessed with lizards which I don't get why Peter didn't pick up on that. It's just bad.

And his plan is to turn everyone into Lizards. Hell, Zod's plan in Man of Steel may have been bad. Zod could have done that on any other planet but after a couple hours, the Earth's atmosphere won't terrform back into it's original thing with those world engines. I mean after a couple hours of Lizard spraying Lizard gas over the city, you would change back to a human. It's a worse plan than Mr Freeze's in Batman & Robin.

Spider-Man's a dick.

If you see the movie, you know what I mean. I don't mind comedy with Spidey but there's a difference between saying punchlines to criminals and ****ing around with a criminal for 5 minutes after he's defeated.

The movie is boring and has no epicness.

The movie as a whole is just boring. There is nothing in this film that I haven't seen in the other Spidey films before. Sure Gwen and webshooters but just because your faithful to the comics doesn't mean it's a good movie.

Also it didn't have the epicness the Raimi film had. Look at scenes like when Uncle Ben dies to Peter beating the guy in the warehouse. Look at scenes like the Time Square Balloon thing. Look at the MJ kiss or the Bridge scene or the old school fight at the end between Spidey and Goblin where Spidey is getting his ass kicked. TASM, had nothing epic.

That film pisses me the **** off.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:26 PM   #112
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
As much as I agree with you, I think 'people' would have indeed thought the film better had they done that. Would have had some people clapping. Mark Waid leading the charge.
"Zack Get's it...Zack get's us" they might say.
Speaking of the public, the second time I saw MOS was in a theater packed with regular moviegoers. There were two reactions that really stood out to me: People laughed really hard at the "I think he's kind of hot" line and people literally stood up and cheered when he broke Zod's neck.

Did any of you guys get the same reaction?

Old 01-26-2014, 02:26 PM   #113
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
People defend stealing in order to defend Clark's characterization in MOS? Damn.
I don't like it either, but within the confines of the Goyerverse in terms of realism, I accept it.

Like Batman being vulnerable against dogs, for example.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:27 PM   #114
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
People can't accept anything less than sainthood in a superman movie(all of a sudden). It's pretty crazy imo.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #115
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Speaking of the public, the second time I saw MOS was in a theater packed with regular moviegoers. There were two reactions that really stood out to me: People laughed really hard at the "I think he's kind of hot" line and people literally stood up and cheered when he broke Zod's neck.

My audience laughed at some of the points, like the hot line as you said, and when Clark destroyed the truck.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #116
RAE072
Samhain

Oh hey a new All Things thread, maybe something cool news wise happened! Let's check it out!

*enters thread*

Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #117
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:

Same reactions all 3 times I saw it, once at Midnight, once on Saturday and once a week later.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #118
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
Those moments were meant to be comical, especially the truck scene. It doesn't show him as being petty. Petty was the trucker grabbing the girl's ass, splashing beer in Clark's face, & throwing a can at him when he opted to walk away.

That's petty.
Sure, that's petty too. But destroying a guy's livelihood because you want revenge from being insulted is moreso. Which is sad to me. I don't like or want a vengeful Superman

Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #119
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAE072 View Post
Oh hey a new All Things thread, maybe something cool news wise happened! Let's check it out!

*enters thread*

Haha exactly, I regret coming into this thread today.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #120
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I have many problems but will only get into a few of them.

Lizard's Plan and Lizard/Connors as a whole:

Connors is suppose to be a sympathic villain in Spidey's rogues. He has a family and he's doing this for all the right reasons but this Connors just sucks. We don't see him with his family at all, he's obsessed with lizards which I don't get why Peter didn't pick up on that. It's just bad.

And his plan is to turn everyone into Lizards. Hell, Zod's plan in Man of Steel may have been bad. Zod could have done that on any other planet but after a couple hours, the Earth's atmosphere won't terrform back into it's original thing with those world engines. I mean after a couple hours of Lizard spraying Lizard gas over the city, you would change back to a human. It's a worse plan than Mr Freeze's in Batman & Robin.

Spider-Man's a dick.

If you see the movie, you know what I mean. I don't mind comedy with Spidey but there's a difference between saying punchlines to criminals and ****ing around with a criminal for 5 minutes after he's defeated.

The movie is boring and has no epicness.

The movie as a whole is just boring. There is nothing in this film that I haven't seen in the other Spidey films before. Sure Gwen and webshooters but just because your faithful to the comics doesn't mean it's a good movie.

Also it didn't have the epicness the Raimi film had. Look at scenes like when Uncle Ben dies to Peter beating the guy in the warehouse. Look at scenes like the Time Square Balloon thing. Look at the MJ kiss or the Bridge scene or the old school fight at the end between Spidey and Goblin where Spidey is getting his ass kicked. TASM, had nothing epic.

That film pisses me the **** off.
The Raimi films are chock full of worse instances....like Spider-Man killing the guy who murdered Uncle Ben, Doc Ock's so called "plan" to finish his experiment & what not even though doing so would mean nothing since he's a criminal, etc.

All in all, I still prefer TASM to the first three Raimi films. Don't get me wrong, I grew up on them & still love them, but TASM isn't the only one guilty of making Spider-Man look like a dick or not feeling "epic."

Old 01-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #121
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

It's been pages of face palming.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #122
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAE072 View Post

*enters thread*

It's almost becoming a cesspool in here.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #123
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I don't like it either, but within the confines of the Goyerverse in terms of realism, I accept it.

Like Batman being vulnerable against dogs, for example.
I don't think anyone has a problem with accepting it. It happened. They just don't like it or whatever.

But, I think we can all agree seeing Batman taken down by some dogs was kinda lame.

Quote:
People can't accept anything less than sainthood in a superman movie(all of a sudden). It's pretty crazy imo.
Not really. They just expect that Clark is a nice guy and a nice guy wouldn't steal. So, it bothers people.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #124
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Same reactions all 3 times I saw it, once at Midnight, once on Saturday and once a week later.
That kind of freaked me out, especially the loud cheering with the Zod thing. Moviegoers really, really seem to like that part. Which goes counter to why I thought it was written like that (as a tragic moment)

Old 01-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #125
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really think Returns caused this. Some fans saw Returns (and the whole Jason debacle) and made a subconscious vow along these lines: "Clark should NEVER do ANYTHING wrong in the next Superman movie!"

Needless to say, that made it kind of impossible for any new Superman film to live up to.

Closed Thread