The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #401
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

So am not the only one who was curious why you could see dark hair under her white hair

Old 02-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #402
Super Film
Side-Kick

I am more curious as to why people are always saying that the dark roots looks more natural. If Storm has natural white hair, her roots wouldn't be dark. It always irked me when they went that direction in X3. It may give the hair more depth with the contrast, but it doesn't look like natural white hair.

Anyway, I came here to share this wallpaper, since Halle looks as good as ever as Storm.

Full resolution (1920X1200)

Last edited by Super Film; 02-21-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #403
xrs13
Cold as ice

Okay so I thought I was the only person to have not liked the dark roots, Her hair is white so the roots should be white. It now looks like she Dyes it white and due to the sentinels she has been unable to get some toner on it... pish.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #404
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Maybe she has some sort of... hair mutagen. I mean, Blink also has pink and black hair.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #405
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Okay so I thought I was the only person to have not liked the dark roots, Her hair is white so the roots should be white. It now looks like she Dyes it white and due to the sentinels she has been unable to get some toner on it... pish.

true. This look may be more baddass, but realistically, it would mean her real hair is black, not white.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #406
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
I am more curious as to why people are always saying that the dark roots looks more natural. If Storm has natural white hair, her roots wouldn't be dark. It always irked me when they went that direction in X3. It may give the hair more depth with the contrast, but it doesn't look like natural white hair.

Anyway, I came here to share this wallpaper, since Halle looks as good as ever as Storm.

Full resolution (1920X1200)
I like the poster!

I like her hair with the black roots. It makes it look more white on screen. One of the problems with white hair (as seen in X2) is that lighting can affect the look of the wig. It can sometimes look yellowish.

In X3 her hair looked white or at least silver grey at all times. I think it suits her.

Why wouldn't Storm have black roots? Don't some blondes have darker roots? i think it looks fine. She looks great!

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #407
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Why wouldn't Storm have black roots? Don't some blondes have darker roots? i think it looks fine. She looks great!
As a natural blond myself, blonds either have dark roots because they're not naturally blond or because their hair has become lighter by the sun and their blond roots look dark against their sun-bleached hair.

Storm's grey roots often remind me of an aging person when compared to that striking shock of white hair. But her hair is one of those things that appear to struggle in translation from page to screen. It's not enough for me to not enjoy myself or her aesthetic.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:01 PM   #408
TheGoddess
Banned User

Well how long have they been in a apocalyptic world?

maybe she dyed her hair like that a couple of months before the world went to ****(lmao). Some people like rocking that look. You call it "Ombre" Dark at the roots,and gets lighter as you go out in length. If it's been a couple of months or something then maybe her dye job still looks fresh. Or... I have this made up theory that since this the future,instead of Storm greying like regular people,her hair does the opposite as she gets older?? ..lol

In X-3 they did it right,because not all of her roots were black.she had streaks of grey/black like It was a dye job. Thats what I passed it off as during X-3. Her hair is naturally snow white,but just like many of us, Ororo likes to style and play with her hair too. Also Beast said in X3 " I love what you've done with your hair"

but like Nana said,light can affect color

Either way it might not to be all that noticeable in film,considering it seems most of the future scenes are dark

The REAL question should be,how is her hair in a perfect pixie cut? In a Apocalyptic future wouldn't your hair just grow wild and long. Who has time to upkeep a trendy cut??!?

Old 02-21-2014, 11:07 PM   #409
TheGoddess
Banned User

Oh I read the X-men movie novel way back when,and in the movie verse they say her hair turned white the first time she used her powers as little girl.(she was getting beat up and picked on)

and the blue contacts thing,it would have been cool if they gave them to Halle this time,or used FX for the blue eyes. The movieverse takes liberties from the comics..so maybe it could be a "secondary mutation" like Beast getting blue fur,or Emma's diamond form,as opposed to it being from her mystical lineage.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:31 PM   #410
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique'sbooty View Post
Oh I read the X-men movie novel way back when,and in the movie verse they say her hair turned white the first time she used her powers as little girl.(she was getting beat up and picked on)

and the blue contacts thing,it would have been cool if they gave them to Halle this time,or used FX for the blue eyes. The movieverse takes liberties from the comics..so maybe it could be a "secondary mutation" like Beast getting blue fur,or Emma's diamond form,as opposed to it being from her mystical lineage.
That would be cool I've always wanted her to have blue eyes

Old 02-22-2014, 12:46 AM   #411
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
I have no problem because the dark roots prevent her white hair to look yellowish.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-22-2014, 01:28 AM   #412
Malik
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique'sbooty View Post
Well how long have they been in a apocalyptic world?

maybe she dyed her hair like that a couple of months before the world went to ****(lmao). Some people like rocking that look. You call it "Ombre" Dark at the roots,and gets lighter as you go out in length. If it's been a couple of months or something then maybe her dye job still looks fresh. Or... I have this made up theory that since this the future,instead of Storm greying like regular people,her hair does the opposite as she gets older?? ..lol

In X-3 they did it right,because not all of her roots were black.she had streaks of grey/black like It was a dye job. Thats what I passed it off as during X-3. Her hair is naturally snow white,but just like many of us, Ororo likes to style and play with her hair too. Also Beast said in X3 " I love what you've done with your hair"

but like Nana said,light can affect color

Either way it might not to be all that noticeable in film,considering it seems most of the future scenes are dark

The REAL question should be,how is her hair in a perfect pixie cut? In a Apocalyptic future wouldn't your hair just grow wild and long. Who has time to upkeep a trendy cut??!?
wolvie obviously chopped her locks.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #413
Krak66
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #414
kasjan
Side-Kick

We should see her origin in Apocalypse movie where we have Egypt. Xavier could recruit her there, if we have Farouk in this movie.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #415
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

while i haven't found storm to be very interesting in the previous movies, maybe due to berry, the script or both i do think her origin could be one of the more interesting aspects for her, because from what i know its a very different idea for storm where she would evolve from what she was to how she is now, which seems to be the aspect they are going for with FC and DOFP

it depends if they skip over that for her origin though, would be a missed opportunity if they did

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-04-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #416
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I have no problem because the dark roots prevent her white hair to look yellowish.
Her hair will might always look yellowish against certain lightings. I feel like if they went with really light grey roots, her white hair would look much better.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #417
NanaT
X-Men United!

Just saw this laughed my head off. Now I'm wondering whether it's true. (I know it isn't she wouldn't be billed fifth if she was. Or would she?)

Quote:
Meanwhile, on the work front, a source who was on the set of “X Men: Days of Future Past,” tells us Berry, who plays Storm, was cut out of every scene but one in post-production.
While filming, her role was reduced due to her pregnancy, but it turned out to be more of a cut than was expected.
“She only has one line in the whole movie,” our source says. “They’re not telling her until the movie comes out.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1719758

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 03-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #418
xrs13
Cold as ice

I really hope this isn't true, especially because it will just be a bit of a slap in the face to say we have all the ot back but btw rogue has now gone, storm is only a one liner, basically we just wanted wolverine, xavier and magneto and just threw the others in for money not story.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #419
Morti
Side-Kick

What is this garbage? That better be false.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #420
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That would be cutting the future scens down greatly

Remember the tabloid report that says the FC actors were upset by Hugh jackman and Anna Paquin's roles?

Most likely just tabloid nonesense.Why would anyone from film talk to them.Of course the doom and gloomers will believe it.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:39 AM   #421
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Just saw this laughed my head off. Now I'm wondering whether it's true. (I know it isn't she wouldn't be billed fifth if she was. Or would she?)

They're not telling her until the film comes out yet they decide to release the news on the internet?...I smell bullsh*+.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #422
Angamb
Banned User

this has to be a really bad joke

Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #423
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:

This is likely false. The article also says she's getting a divorce which is not true.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #424
kasjan
Side-Kick

First Rogue, now Storm?
Hope this is false.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #425
Rike
Dadless.

Quote:

Haha... no.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Closed Thread