The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #401
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,079
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

So am not the only one who was curious why you could see dark hair under her white hair

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 02-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #402
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

I am more curious as to why people are always saying that the dark roots looks more natural. If Storm has natural white hair, her roots wouldn't be dark. It always irked me when they went that direction in X3. It may give the hair more depth with the contrast, but it doesn't look like natural white hair.

Anyway, I came here to share this wallpaper, since Halle looks as good as ever as Storm.


Full resolution (1920X1200)


Last edited by Super Film; 02-21-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Super Film is offline  
Old 02-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #403
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,253
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Okay so I thought I was the only person to have not liked the dark roots, Her hair is white so the roots should be white. It now looks like she Dyes it white and due to the sentinels she has been unable to get some toner on it... pish.

__________________
xrs13 is offline  
Old 02-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #404
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,255
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Maybe she has some sort of... hair mutagen. I mean, Blink also has pink and black hair.

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 02-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #405
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Okay so I thought I was the only person to have not liked the dark roots, Her hair is white so the roots should be white. It now looks like she Dyes it white and due to the sentinels she has been unable to get some toner on it... pish.


true. This look may be more baddass, but realistically, it would mean her real hair is black, not white.

Angamb is offline  
Old 02-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #406
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
I am more curious as to why people are always saying that the dark roots looks more natural. If Storm has natural white hair, her roots wouldn't be dark. It always irked me when they went that direction in X3. It may give the hair more depth with the contrast, but it doesn't look like natural white hair.

Anyway, I came here to share this wallpaper, since Halle looks as good as ever as Storm.


Full resolution (1920X1200)
I like the poster!

I like her hair with the black roots. It makes it look more white on screen. One of the problems with white hair (as seen in X2) is that lighting can affect the look of the wig. It can sometimes look yellowish.

In X3 her hair looked white or at least silver grey at all times. I think it suits her.

Why wouldn't Storm have black roots? Don't some blondes have darker roots? i think it looks fine. She looks great!

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #407
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Why wouldn't Storm have black roots? Don't some blondes have darker roots? i think it looks fine. She looks great!
As a natural blond myself, blonds either have dark roots because they're not naturally blond or because their hair has become lighter by the sun and their blond roots look dark against their sun-bleached hair.

Storm's grey roots often remind me of an aging person when compared to that striking shock of white hair. But her hair is one of those things that appear to struggle in translation from page to screen. It's not enough for me to not enjoy myself or her aesthetic.

Super Film is offline  
Old 02-21-2014, 11:01 PM   #408
TheGoddess
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 193
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Well how long have they been in a apocalyptic world?

maybe she dyed her hair like that a couple of months before the world went to ****(lmao). Some people like rocking that look. You call it "Ombre" Dark at the roots,and gets lighter as you go out in length. If it's been a couple of months or something then maybe her dye job still looks fresh. Or... I have this made up theory that since this the future,instead of Storm greying like regular people,her hair does the opposite as she gets older?? ..lol

In X-3 they did it right,because not all of her roots were black.she had streaks of grey/black like It was a dye job. Thats what I passed it off as during X-3. Her hair is naturally snow white,but just like many of us, Ororo likes to style and play with her hair too. Also Beast said in X3 " I love what you've done with your hair"


but like Nana said,light can affect color

Either way it might not to be all that noticeable in film,considering it seems most of the future scenes are dark

The REAL question should be,how is her hair in a perfect pixie cut? In a Apocalyptic future wouldn't your hair just grow wild and long. Who has time to upkeep a trendy cut??!?

TheGoddess is offline  
Old 02-21-2014, 11:07 PM   #409
TheGoddess
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 193
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Oh I read the X-men movie novel way back when,and in the movie verse they say her hair turned white the first time she used her powers as little girl.(she was getting beat up and picked on)

and the blue contacts thing,it would have been cool if they gave them to Halle this time,or used FX for the blue eyes. The movieverse takes liberties from the comics..so maybe it could be a "secondary mutation" like Beast getting blue fur,or Emma's diamond form,as opposed to it being from her mystical lineage.

TheGoddess is offline  
Old 02-21-2014, 11:31 PM   #410
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇
 
KidxMikexMcfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: White Hot Room
Posts: 893
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique'sbooty View Post
Oh I read the X-men movie novel way back when,and in the movie verse they say her hair turned white the first time she used her powers as little girl.(she was getting beat up and picked on)

and the blue contacts thing,it would have been cool if they gave them to Halle this time,or used FX for the blue eyes. The movieverse takes liberties from the comics..so maybe it could be a "secondary mutation" like Beast getting blue fur,or Emma's diamond form,as opposed to it being from her mystical lineage.
That would be cool I've always wanted her to have blue eyes

KidxMikexMcfly is offline  
Old 02-22-2014, 12:46 AM   #411
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,341
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
I am more curious as to why people are always saying that the dark roots looks more natural. If Storm has natural white hair, her roots wouldn't be dark. It always irked me when they went that direction in X3. It may give the hair more depth with the contrast, but it doesn't look like natural white hair.
I have no problem because the dark roots prevent her white hair to look yellowish.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 02-22-2014, 01:28 AM   #412
Malik
Side-Kick
 
Malik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,193
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique'sbooty View Post
Well how long have they been in a apocalyptic world?

maybe she dyed her hair like that a couple of months before the world went to ****(lmao). Some people like rocking that look. You call it "Ombre" Dark at the roots,and gets lighter as you go out in length. If it's been a couple of months or something then maybe her dye job still looks fresh. Or... I have this made up theory that since this the future,instead of Storm greying like regular people,her hair does the opposite as she gets older?? ..lol

In X-3 they did it right,because not all of her roots were black.she had streaks of grey/black like It was a dye job. Thats what I passed it off as during X-3. Her hair is naturally snow white,but just like many of us, Ororo likes to style and play with her hair too. Also Beast said in X3 " I love what you've done with your hair"


but like Nana said,light can affect color

Either way it might not to be all that noticeable in film,considering it seems most of the future scenes are dark

The REAL question should be,how is her hair in a perfect pixie cut? In a Apocalyptic future wouldn't your hair just grow wild and long. Who has time to upkeep a trendy cut??!?
wolvie obviously chopped her locks.

__________________
I am by definition my own best friend.
Malik is offline  
Old 03-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #413
Krak66
Side-Kick
 
Krak66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: KZ
Posts: 499
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Krak66 is offline  
Old 03-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #414
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

We should see her origin in Apocalypse movie where we have Egypt. Xavier could recruit her there, if we have Farouk in this movie.

kasjan is online now  
Old 03-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #415
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,079
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

while i haven't found storm to be very interesting in the previous movies, maybe due to berry, the script or both i do think her origin could be one of the more interesting aspects for her, because from what i know its a very different idea for storm where she would evolve from what she was to how she is now, which seems to be the aspect they are going for with FC and DOFP

it depends if they skip over that for her origin though, would be a missed opportunity if they did

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-04-2014 at 11:30 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 03-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #416
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇
 
KidxMikexMcfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: White Hot Room
Posts: 893
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I have no problem because the dark roots prevent her white hair to look yellowish.
Her hair will might always look yellowish against certain lightings. I feel like if they went with really light grey roots, her white hair would look much better.

KidxMikexMcfly is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #417
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Just saw this laughed my head off. Now I'm wondering whether it's true. (I know it isn't she wouldn't be billed fifth if she was. Or would she?)


Quote:
Meanwhile, on the work front, a source who was on the set of “X Men: Days of Future Past,” tells us Berry, who plays Storm, was cut out of every scene but one in post-production.
While filming, her role was reduced due to her pregnancy, but it turned out to be more of a cut than was expected.
“She only has one line in the whole movie,” our source says. “They’re not telling her until the movie comes out.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1719758

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #418
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,253
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

I really hope this isn't true, especially because it will just be a bit of a slap in the face to say we have all the ot back but btw rogue has now gone, storm is only a one liner, basically we just wanted wolverine, xavier and magneto and just threw the others in for money not story.

__________________
xrs13 is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #419
Morti
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 365
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

What is this garbage? That better be false.

Morti is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #420
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,858
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

That would be cutting the future scens down greatly

Remember the tabloid report that says the FC actors were upset by Hugh jackman and Anna Paquin's roles?

Most likely just tabloid nonesense.Why would anyone from film talk to them.Of course the doom and gloomers will believe it.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is online now  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:39 AM   #421
CB Fan
The Watcher
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In A Place Far Far Away
Posts: 1,285
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Just saw this laughed my head off. Now I'm wondering whether it's true. (I know it isn't she wouldn't be billed fifth if she was. Or would she?)




http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1719758
They're not telling her until the film comes out yet they decide to release the news on the internet?...I smell bullsh*+.

CB Fan is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #422
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

this has to be a really bad joke

Angamb is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #423
Electrix
Side-Kick
 
Electrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,573
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Just saw this laughed my head off. Now I'm wondering whether it's true. (I know it isn't she wouldn't be billed fifth if she was. Or would she?)




http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1719758
This is likely false. The article also says she's getting a divorce which is not true.

Electrix is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #424
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

First Rogue, now Storm?
Hope this is false.

kasjan is online now  
Old 03-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #425
Rike
Dadless.
 
Rike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Eighties
Posts: 2,516
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Just saw this laughed my head off. Now I'm wondering whether it's true. (I know it isn't she wouldn't be billed fifth if she was. Or would she?)




http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1719758
Haha... no.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

05.27.2016
Rike is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.