The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #376
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Can we just stop complaining about complainers? That's usually the moment when things start to go to hell.

Last edited by Nathan; 02-03-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #377
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

It's every bit as worthwhile as you praising it. I've been saying this for days, no one is jumping down your throat for liking this design, so quit doing it to those who hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Can we just stop complaining about complainers? That's usually the moment when things start go to hell.
This. Yes. Please.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #378
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Anyone seen this before? Apparently it's a design by Brendan McCarthy for the defunct 2001 TMNT movie that Steve Barron was going to direct. Err, yikes

ew

Raphael cracks me up.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #379
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

He seems to like the design as much as we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #380
warhorse78
Side-Kick

So, does anyone know if this movie is going to be serious, slap stick, funny, dark, or anything along those lines?

Old 02-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #381
Charlie Boy
Modern Messiah

I've been told time and time again to never venture to the movie boards, but for the love of the turtles, I'm gonna ignore all that I've been told and subscribe.

Ou La La, Très Bien, Magnifique

@DomEsclovon
Old 02-04-2014, 12:18 AM   #382
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
So, does anyone know if this movie is going to be serious, slap stick, funny, dark, or anything along those lines?
Halfway between Transformers and Hellboy from what I've been told

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 02-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #383
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

The first Transformers or the two sequels? If the former then great if the latter were in for some trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #384
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Hah honestly didn't ask. Heard it exactly as I typed it. Between Transformers and Hellboy. Figure he meant the first of each or he'd have designated it as such

But just to be safe let's assume we're in trouble and that everything sucks

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 02-04-2014, 01:02 AM   #385
Wheels
HR Supporter

I liked the first Transformers and both Hellboy films.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #386
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

I love the hell out of the first Transformers movie. Felt like a Spielberg Jr. movie. Hellboy (1) is one of my top 5 fav cbms. Give me well written heroes fighting Nazis and you have my full attention. Second Hellboy had its moments but it was too eclectic for my taste. Del Toro shouldn't be given a big budget and no supervision. He's 100x better under pressure.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #387
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I'm ok with all of those movies...not saying I loved all of them, but I enjoyed them

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-04-2014, 05:09 AM   #388
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
The Blue Door script had an extremely Transformers 2 vibe, if that helps.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:50 AM   #389
dark_b
Side-Kick

any examples?

i think a TMNT movie can work with transformers type humor. is there a dog sex scene or what?

Old 02-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #390
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

I've been told by a mod not to get too specific about the script on this forum, so I have to keep it really vague. There were a lot of gags mixed with a very action-y and humorless main plot. It was also helped by the fact that a non-vigilante Casey Jones is the main character, with the turtles as supporting roles. It just had a lot of the same beats, which is why I was very skeptical about its authenticity (it literally read like they used the first two TF movies as a template when writing it) until Bay simultaneously confirmed its legitimacy and scrapped status. I wouldn't even mention it except I've noticed a few things reported about filming that match the script, so I'm pretty certain what we're getting is not a 100% rewrite, probably more like 80%.

Last edited by Zaron; 02-04-2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #391
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

I should also note that the way it all built up to a giant explosion-filled battle in the third act complete with a giant semi-robotic monster really helped make it feel like TF2.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:08 AM   #392
dark_b
Side-Kick

they changed all of this right? the turtles are now the main characters with April as supporting?

Old 02-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #393
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Well they've certainly changed it to some degree, for certain. Just that April is shown doing some actual reporting is already a huge departure from the BD script, and we haven't even heard who is playing Casey or if he's even appearing in the film, which would be next to impossible to keep a secret if his role was still as major as it is in that old script.

There's certain things in the old script that still match, like the Foot, the scene with the turtles in restraints, news of them filming at a mountain resort (the first big action sequence in that script was a chase down a snowy mountaintop) but things like April as an actual reporter, Vernon, the turtles' van, their individual outfits, and Eric Sachs, all that didn't appear at all. So obviously there's been some major rewrites.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #394
Nathan

I'm still concerned about Shredder. A while back, I said his reveal would make or break the Movie for me. So far it's complete break, but I still hope that the final product will be decent.

Shredder is just a huge mystery right now. Is he simply going to be a man named Eric Sachs? Is he Oroku Saki reincarnated? Did some Colonel Schraeder parts of the early script survive and does that mean he's a mutant? Is he going to be an Utrom, or even Krang himself?

For the moment I treat this like Transformers Age of Extinction, in that only good word of mouth will get me into the theater. I'm simply not excited at all. Since I can count the decisions made in this Movie, that I actually like, on one hand.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #395
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

I keep seeing reincarnation come up in regards to Shredder. Was this mentioned in an interview that I missed, or is it fan speculation? I just haven't heard it mentioned outside of this forum, so I'm not sure what we're basing it off.

I'm really worried that Eric Sachs is just Colonel Schrader with a different name. At the very least he wears armor in the version we're getting. In BD it was actually a part of his semi-robotic body.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #396
Nathan

I think reincarnation is just fan speculation and based on wish thinking. If the IDW Comics wouldn't have introduced the concept, I doubt reincarnation would have even come up as a possibility.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #397
Wheels
HR Supporter

And if other things didn't show up in source material, then they probably wouldn't be discussed as possibilities either.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #398
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Ah, I see. Well it sounds a lot more interesting than the BD origin, so fingers crossed the speculation becomes reality.

If it's any consolation, I'm about 95% sure the BD script had to be tossed together to meet some kind of deadline. I haven't read something so atrocious since the James Cameron Spider-Man script, so much like that one I'm sure there's more to the story than just "this scriptwriter was just determined to make a terrible movie." I can't see any serious attempt at a TMNT script writing Casey Jones and April like they were meant to be played by Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox, which is why I **** myself a little when Fox actually got the role.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #399
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think reincarnation is just fan speculation and based on wish thinking. If the IDW Comics wouldn't have introduced the concept, I doubt reincarnation would have even come up as a possibility.
It just doesn't make sense. It's too much of a deviation from what people know. If the studio goes that route they should expect people to go into the movie with a bad taste in their mouths. Like the new Robocop suit debacle.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #400
Wheels
HR Supporter

People don't know The Shredder as Eric Sachs either.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo
Closed Thread