The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #26
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Ah, yes, Bay logic.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #27
LuisTX85
Z

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Maybe Donie designed the van while Mikey went shopping for the cloths,Ralph probably found their furniture at a dump and thought"these will do"

Old 01-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #28
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Well they have tech with all the tv and computer monitors. And furniture made out of pizza boxes and skate boards. And maybe April committed grand theft auto and scored them a news van and Donnie just customized it

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #29
LuisTX85
Z

I can totally imagine April using the van to pick up the turtles and escape from some attack or something where they have to retreat,Taking it to some ditch or so sing and Donnie be like"I'll take care of this van"then introduce his project a few scenes later

Old 01-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #30
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

That's just me spit balling here...I have no clue where the van could possibly come from. It's not like they can go out and buy one. Ebay maybe... Craigslist??

Old 01-29-2014, 02:54 PM   #31
Kosiji

I definitely think Donatello put it together.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #32
Klank
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I really like that poster. I just wish it had the actual name of the movie on it instead of the old name
And just like that any goodwill earned by those maquettes accomplishing the minor miracle of not being as bad as people expected suddenly goes down the drain.

Let this be a lesson - never hope.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #33
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosiji View Post
I definitely think Donatello put it together.
Possibly, and welcome to the hype...all 3 posts of you! We get kinda crazy over here

Old 01-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #34
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klank View Post
And just like that any goodwill earned by those maquettes accomplishing the minor miracle of not being as bad as people expected suddenly goes down the drain.

As it's been said before, the maquettes are more than likely a more accurate look at the turtles instead of the poster. I like the look of the poster. It finally gives us a more clear look at the turtles faces...although it may not be as accurate as the maquettes are

Old 01-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #35
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klank View Post

Gonna have to troll better than that brah

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #36
venom892
Got Lucky

I think the turtle designs can grow on me, Shredder, though......

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #37
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Ah, yes, Bay logic.
Nothing to do with bay, everything to do with fanboys making up stuff than hating said stuff.
Facts go along way.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #38
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
This.....doesn't look like ****. They have my interest I'll give them that. Mikey's face looks weird to me though.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #39
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Leo, Raph and Donnie looks outright awesome. Mikey looks cool too, but the face on that art looks a bit off in a creepy way.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #40
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Yeah i thought the same. I think its just the expression. Hopefully he doesnt look that creepish all the time.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 01-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #41
DrDoom
Dictator

Mikey def. looks younger in the face than the other turtles

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 01-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #42
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Donatello looks great (my favorite Turtle) but my level of skepticism about this film is still very high. I really hope this is a pleasant surprise.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #43
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I don't get why everybody is in love with the Turtle designs. They look okay. I like a simpler turtle, but this'll do.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #44
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I don't get why everybody is in love with the Turtle designs. They look okay. I like a simpler turtle, but this'll do.
because people like different things???

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #45
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I'm just surprised the reaction is SO overwhelmingly positive is all.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #46
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

It's because they actually look badass...go figure

Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #47
Donut
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I guess that must be old. Or they lied about changing the title lol

Old 01-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #48
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I guess that must be old. Or they lied about changing the title lol
It's not from the studio...it's from a toy company. I believe someone said Hasbro. Their artists drew that based on designs given to them by the studio I'd imagine

Old 01-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #49
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

That might end up being the title.Considering there was already a movie series (by New Line) and an animated movie by WB, plus the cartoon, that all carried the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/TMNT name there could be a rights issue. Or maybe they want to differentiate it. Or it could just be Hasbro shortening it for whatever reason. Honestly it doesn't bother me either way.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #50
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
That might end up being the title.Considering there was already a movie series (by New Line) and an animated movie by WB, plus the cartoon, that all carried the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/TMNT name there could be a rights issue. Or maybe they want to differentiate it. Or it could just be Hasbro shortening it for whatever reason. Honestly it doesn't bother me either way.
The name on the back of the production chairs says Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....this was the original working title but the studio changed it since Nickelodeon owns the name/rightsand all that good stuff... not New Line

Closed Thread