The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 03:11 PM   #176
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaron View Post
Why would 12 inch figures have little detail and articulation? That's pretty huge for action figures.
The figures of that size are usually meant for the kids. Here are some examples
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im...HMVA1517lg.jpg
http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig21/10217026.jpg
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...YDsu8M3cLA.jpg

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 01-31-2014, 03:14 PM   #177
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
And those figures aren't really lacking in the detail department, they're just working off of more cartoonish models because the kids don't want to play with gritty versions of those heroes. The lack of articulation, however, I could see if they want to emulate that.

Anyway I really don't think these are 12 inches tall. They look more like 6-8 inch figures to me.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #178
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Yeah thats possible. Just going on what I heard from one guy. I'm excited to see the Hot Toys versions of these characters.
Not that I can afford them. lol

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 01-31-2014, 04:01 PM   #179
Cain
"West West Y'all"

They look like Teenage Mutant Samurai Turtles. I don't really care if this ends up working out or not though. Sure I'll see it just like the rest of you but my expectations will be very low considering the pedigree we're dealing with here in terms of production company and director. At the worst I still have the excellent IDW comics and Nick TV series giving me my turtles fix. Right now is a great time to be a TMNT fan; movie or not.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Old 01-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #180
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Yeah, I'd be upset about all this if I wasn't so happy with the cartoon.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:09 PM   #181
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

^You seem pretty upset about all of this though.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #182
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
^You seem pretty upset about all of this though.
I'm annoyed by people who react to me simply saying "I don't like it" like I'm saying I banged their mother last night, but I'm nowhere near angry about all this.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #183
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Haven't really watched the new cartoon, but I'm reading the IDW comics. Good stuff so far. So even if the Movie blows, I got my quality Turtle fix.

Last edited by Nathan; 01-31-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:15 PM   #184
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

The IDW comics are fantastic. Marvel and DC should take notes from them.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #185
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dude, seriously, none of this makes any sense. I can't even respond to it probably because it's complete and utter nonsense. I'm not even the one who initiated an argument. I stated my opinion and you took issue with it. Now you're trying to convince me I'm arguing against a made-up opinion. Just, no. Not even touching this.
You said they shouldn't be bigger than humans right? You said based on your theory that they should take parts from humans and turtles they should end up around some mix of the two right? Well humans range from anywhere between 2 feel and 9 feet these days and the turtles in this movie look to be about 5 to 6 feet(look at megan's line of sight in her scenes with raph, look at the size of his weapons). No where is it said that they will be bigger than humans! Your internal logic has been satisfied has it not? What's your issue other than you want them shorter...
Quote:
I literally started my original post by saying:

Everything after that is why it bugs me. That being, the ooze has a certain way of working, and this is obviously breaking that pattern. Yeah obviously, this is its own movie and it's free to make everyone who's mutated by it breathe fire if the writers choose, but it's breaking from the established logic of the TMNT universe.
You started your post with you feelings, which like I said, is great we all have feelings. You then went one to explain why things work the way they work in the turtle universe. I disagree with that part. Supposedly, what you actually meant was that you like the aesthetic pattern not so much any sort of internal logic. I'm curious, are the mutations in ninja turtles 2 all based on this internal logic or pattern you are referencing? I only ask because tokka and rahzar were huge and they were given the same canister of ooze the turtles were no? Then there's super shredder, but I assume that's different(I haven't seen the movie in years).
Quote:
The new show actually made a pretty brilliant explanation that allows them to go wild with mutations, that the ooze that created them is over a decade old, while the ooze that they're currently dealing with is the result of the Kraang's ongoing experiments. It means it can make the mutations do all sorts of different stuff because until season 2, no two mutations were the result of an identical batch of ooze.
Here is where the problem really occurs. You are ok with the new show's deviation from your preconceptions because they have given you an adequate explanation(I guess). However you aren't ok with this films so called deviation because it hasn't given you an adequate explanation....seems the best recourse it to wait and see what the explanation is, like the rest of the people who are choosing to keep an open mind.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:34 PM   #186
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
You said they shouldn't be bigger than humans right? You said based on your theory that they should take parts from humans and turtles they should end up around some mix of the two right? Well humans range from anywhere between 2 feel and 9 feet these days and the turtles in this movie look to be about 5 to 6 feet(look at megan's line of sight in her scenes with raph, look at the size of his weapons). No where is it said that they will be bigger than humans! Your internal logic has been satisfied has it not? What's your issue other than you want them shorter...
His weapons look massive in her hands. He looks massive in the trenchcoat. And I'm pretty sure the two ping pong balls above his head are the "eyes" actors should be looking at when they talk to him. He's going to be huge, man. Even the Blue Door script described them as such very clearly, calling them, "THREE ENORMOUS CREATURES"

Quote:
You started your post with you feelings, which like I said, is great we all have feelings. You then went one to explain why things work the way they work in the turtle universe. I disagree with that part. Supposedly, what you actually meant was that you like the aesthetic pattern not so much any sort of internal logic. I'm curious, are the mutations in ninja turtles 2 all based on this internal logic or pattern you are referencing? I only ask because tokka and rahzar were huge and they were given the same canister of ooze the turtles were no? Then there's super shredder, but I assume that's different(I haven't seen the movie in years).
I don't remember if Secret of the Ooze went against that logic or not. But if it did (and it probably did, this is the same movie with Ninja Rap in it, I loved that movie but I'm not going to claim it didn't have its WTF moments) it's a flaw. Secret of the Ooze has flaws. That's not, in itself, a death sentence.

Quote:
Here is where the problem really occurs. You are ok with the new show's deviation from your preconceptions because they have given you an adequate explanation(I guess). However you aren't ok with this films so called deviation because it hasn't given you an adequate explanation....seems the best recourse it to wait and see what the explanation is, like the rest of the people who are choosing to keep an open mind.
I'm allowed to make whatever judgements I want. If I think this is a change I don't like, I am free to feel that way. I'm not unfair. I hated the "Kraang" idea before I saw the Nick cartoon, but once I watched it I found it to be a pretty good way of getting the best of both Krang and the Utrom into the same show without confusing the audience.

Last edited by Zaron; 01-31-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #187
Marvin
Side-Kick

The sai's are smaller than they were in the original movie(imo), those look about right for megan fox actually.The balls on his head aren't his eye line, if they weren't you'd only see one and they wouldn't wobble. They are no doubt there for plate lighting reference, can't say for sure.

Lastly Humans can be enormous, thus my point.
This is the only eye line I think matters,

seeing as they actually used practical attire, I don't see them messing with the scale. Looks to be about the height of the actor playing him...

Like I said, we are all entitled to our opinions. If you want to go as far as to explain them and base that on some empirical data/logic is when you will get opposing opinions. I don't like this! Indeed.
I don't like this because turtles are supposed to be 5'4 and that's what's best and it makes the most sense.....and Krang isn't supposed be different from the source material because that makes no sense.. It's going to elicit opposing views and no doubt another, told you so after the fact. Not saying don't do anything you want, just sharing my opinion.

Last edited by Marvin; 01-31-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #188
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Sideshow/Hot Toys will be making maquettes and pose-able figures. Those are the ones getting my money

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #189
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

So far we seen the toys of the 3 Turtles, We Hope someone took a pic of Leonardo, And most important of all, Master Splinter. I read hes supposed to have some Fu Manchu facial hair.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:47 PM   #190
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Are they giving Donatello glasses? Hope not, we get it he is smart :/

Old 01-31-2014, 05:50 PM   #191
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Yep, he has glasses.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:52 PM   #192
Doc Ock
1951-2014

As long as Donnie doesn't have a dumb gap in his teeth then I don't mind glasses.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #193
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
As long as Donnie doesn't have a dumb gap in his teeth then I don't mind glasses.
I agree...I hate the gap. I can deal with glasses

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-31-2014, 07:16 PM   #194
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

I'd take the glasses over the gap.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 01-31-2014, 07:19 PM   #195
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Strangely enough I love the tooth gap but hate the glasses. I feel like it makes Donnie feel less like a stereotypical nerd and more like the kind of nerds I actually knew growing up.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #196
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

the gap is so stupid

Old 01-31-2014, 07:31 PM   #197
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
the gap is so stupid
What so you hate about it? I really like the little hints of personality, like Raph's crack and Mikey's freckles. I think it gives Donnie's face a little personality, and I honestly haven't seen a lot of cartoon characters with tooth gaps lately.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:35 PM   #198
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

That tooth gap is awful. It's sole purpose is to give him a nerdy vibe. Glasses do the same thing without making him look like a doofus. He sits at a computer all day. Glasses make sense.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 01-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #199
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
What so you hate about it? I really like the little hints of personality, like Raph's crack and Mikey's freckles. I think it gives Donnie's face a little personality, and I honestly haven't seen a lot of cartoon characters with tooth gaps lately.
what he said...the gap makes him look stupid. It is supposed to give him the nerdy look and as Poni said, I think the glasses do a better job at it without making him look stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
That tooth gap is awful. It's sole purpose is to give him a nerdy vibe. Glasses do the same thing without making him look like a doofus. He sits at a computer all day. Glasses make sense.
yes

Old 01-31-2014, 07:54 PM   #200
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Heh. Fair enough. I see it the exact opposite way. I see glasses with tape the same way I see suspenders, pocket protectors, and braces, as played-out nerd stereotypes. I don't see a lot of tooth gaps, though, so I thought it was a nice way to give him a dorky look without using the stereotypical accessories.

Closed Thread