Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 26

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Agreed. They really should have released it after the cover reveals on Monday. They would have had this entire week all to themselves with promotion. Now they'll have to wait until the hype dies down from not just one trailer but THREE.

Poor planning on their part.
Agreed!

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 01-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #4
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

My question now is what makes Iceman and Kitty's scenes more important than Rouges??!! Like I am curious as to the reason as to why their scenes are in and Rouges was cut. Are they that important to the overall story? I mean I know Kitty had a major role in the DOFP comic but Iceman? He could have just had a cameo honestly and gave Rouge more screen time. And what's up with that scene with Iceman and Magneto?

Old 01-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Electrix
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
My question now is what makes Iceman and Kitty's scenes more important than Rouges??!! Like I am curious as to the reason as to why their scenes are in and Rouges was cut. Are they that important to the overall story? I mean I know Kitty had a major role in the DOFP comic but Iceman? He could have just had a cameo honestly and gave Rouge more screen time. And what's up with that scene with Iceman and Magneto?
You'll find out in May.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

I think the scene with Magneto and Iceman, is where they're retrieving something or someone in the sub basement of the mansion.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
Iceman and Kitty could be married like kitty was with Colossus in original comic.

Also they may have felt cutting back and forth between 1973 and both sentinle
attack on temple and rogue subplot of rescue,on jet,and back to temple was
too much.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Release the trailer, FOX!

I don't want to wait til after the Superb Owl!

Darn you BBFC and MPAA if you're holding things up!

Old 01-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #9
psyonic
X-Man

Reportedly Anna Paquin had a week to film, but I'm sure if they wrote a huge part for her, she could have worked her schedule around it seeing as they had additional filming done in November. But we don't know for sure which actors participated in the additional filming.

At the latest, I think the new trailer will hit around the superbowl. They wouldn't want to debut it this week and have people forget about it by the time the other superbowl spots and trailers hit.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #10
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

I hope you're right

Old 01-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #11
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I expect the Trans4ormers trailer to be something of Epic proportions. I think that'll probably have the best superbowl trailer.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #12
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
Reportedly Anna Paquin had a week to film, but I'm sure if they wrote a huge part for her, she could have worked her schedule around it seeing as they had additional filming done in November. But we don't know for sure which actors participated in the additional filming.
I like how everyone here just offhandly makes statements like "He/she would/could for sure move her schedule around to accommodate."

Do you have any idea how hectic an actors schedule can be? Especially for someone like Anna Paquin who still has to film an entire season of a television show, move things around so she can have time to do promo for said show, may be working on other side projects we have no idea about and on top of that she still has two children that aren't even two-years-old yet?

I'm betting the time she had to carve out to even do her small part in DOFP was probably a challenge. Making time to film a movie isn't as easy as moving things around on an Outlook calendar and a whole production can't wait around for an actor just because it's someones favorite character.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:52 PM   #13
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like how everyone here just offhandly makes statements like "He/she would/could for sure move her schedule around to accommodate."

Do you have any idea how hectic an actors schedule can be? Especially for someone like Anna Paquin who still has to film an entire season of a television show, move things around so she can have time to do promo for said show, may be working on other side projects we have no idea about and on top of that she still has two children that aren't even two-years-old yet?

I'm betting the time she had to carve out to even do her small part in DOFP was probably a challenge. Making time to film a movie isn't as easy as moving things around on a Outlook calendar and a whole production can't wait around for an actor just because it's someones favorite character.
Seriously. And at the time, she had just recently had her babies. The filmmakers probably went out of their way to try and make her a short but memorable part of the movie, but it just seem that didn't work out.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #14
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Seriously. And at the time, she had just recently had her babies. The filmmakers probably went out of their way to try and make her a short but memorable part of the movie, but it just seem that didn't work out.
Completely forgot that DOFP started filming in May so yea, she had just given birth in September of the previous year.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #15
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Completely forgot that DOFP started filming in May so yea, she had just given birth in September of the previous year.
Anna filmed her scenes in April but yeah I agree with you. You're earlier post makes loads of sense. I think it's easy to forget that actor's have lives we don't know about. So their schedule may not be as simple as it seems.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #16
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
At the latest, I think the new trailer will hit around the superbowl. They wouldn't want to debut it this week and have people forget about it by the time the other superbowl spots and trailers hit.
I think they'll release pictures and posters for the remainder of the week before releasing the trailer either online or at the Superbowl itself on Sunday. Well I hope so anyway.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #17
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

New shots are great. There's always something special about seeing Ian Mckellen as Magneto. I wonder what lead Iceman, Kitty, and Colossus to be separated from the rest of the X-Men if that's the case.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #18
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i think iceman,kitty,colossus will be meet the new mutants at the start of film and xavier,magneto,storm and wolverine will come later in he jet and meet them at the temple, it works if you look at the teaser

Old 01-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #19
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Man these threads are going fast, lol.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Old 01-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #20
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
Man these threads are going fast, lol.
You're not kidding. I took a short nap yesterday and 15-20 pages had gone by.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #21
xrs13
Cold as ice

Yeah I could see it working if Iceman and co find the new mutants first and then the big 4 meet them. It will be quite powerful seeing that scene from the teaser trailer where the x-men walk through the temple.

Also, we get to see the future x-men do more seeing as wolverine wont take away their spotlight in the future

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #22
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I expect the Trans4ormers trailer to be something of Epic proportions. I think that'll probably have the best superbowl trailer.
Do we have a full list of spots yet

Old 01-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #23
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Ok guys, my article over at CBM on the spoilers (from comic book resources) for DOFP was removed at the studio's request. Mmmmm Sounds like they might be true after all.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #24
archangel7168
Side-Kick

anyone purchased the empire magazine yet? Which cover did you settle on?

Old 01-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #25
imaperson2
Bombastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Ok guys, my article over at CBM on the spoilers (from comic book resources) for DOFP was removed at the studio's request. Mmmmm Sounds like they might be true after all.
Might sharing the article with me? Would really appreciate it

Closed Thread