The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #26
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Ok guys, my article over at CBM on the spoilers (from comic book resources) for DOFP was removed at the studio's request. Mmmmm Sounds like they might be true after all.
so this is during the kennedy assassination?

Old 01-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #27
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

edit

Old 01-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #28
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I like how everyone here just offhandly makes statements like "He/she would/could for sure move her schedule around to accommodate."

Do you have any idea how hectic an actors schedule can be? Especially for someone like Anna Paquin who still has to film an entire season of a television show, move things around so she can have time to do promo for said show, may be working on other side projects we have no idea about and on top of that she still has two children that aren't even two-years-old yet?

I'm betting the time she had to carve out to even do her small part in DOFP was probably a challenge. Making time to film a movie isn't as easy as moving things around on an Outlook calendar and a whole production can't wait around for an actor just because it's someones favorite character.
Quit making sense!!!

Old 01-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #29
archangel7168
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ok guys, my article over at CBM on the spoilers (from comic book resources) for DOFP was removed at the studio's request. Mmmmm Sounds like they might be true after all.

Send to me as well if you can..

Old 01-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #30
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
That means they are true or mostly true.If studios have stuff removed that
means they are true or mostly true.Studios don't have things removed if they
are fake.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #31
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I like how everyone here just offhandly makes statements like "He/she would/could for sure move her schedule around to accommodate."

Do you have any idea how hectic an actors schedule can be? Especially for someone like Anna Paquin who still has to film an entire season of a television show, move things around so she can have time to do promo for said show, may be working on other side projects we have no idea about and on top of that she still has two children that aren't even two-years-old yet?

I'm betting the time she had to carve out to even do her small part in DOFP was probably a challenge. Making time to film a movie isn't as easy as moving things around on an Outlook calendar and a whole production can't wait around for an actor just because it's someones favorite character.
Quoted for truth. I think I even went on a similar diatribe once already around here myself. The Hollywood life isn't as glamorous or as easy as it looks to be.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:14 PM   #32
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post

See, I'm starting to think they got some facts confused. Maybe
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
That whole scuffle is actually during the NIXON assassination attempt.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #33
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that too. Interesting to say the least.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #34
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Young Jean Grey appears in the past.
Cannonball appears in a mutant refugee camp in the future that is attacked by Sentinels.
Rogue has been captured so the Sentinels can duplicate her powers and use it against mutants. The X-Men later rescue her, and, due to the genetic manipulation done by the Sentinels, Rogue briefly displays super-strength and flight during the escape.
The Sentinels are made of magnetized plates and therefore can change their shape, becoming learner or bulkier. The addition of Rogue's powers makes them virtually unstoppable, which is why the X-Men decide to move forward with the last-ditch effort to change the outcome of the war by altering the past.

There is a mutant unit led by William Stryker that Havok and Toad are a part of, in 1972.
Banshee left the X-Men to be with his family, and Emma Frost has been captured by the government again, but Magneto isn't bothered to break her out yet again.

Mystique assassinates President Kennedy while Magneto tries to stop her, which results in him being captured and forced to join the unit. However, this is part of his plan, and Mystique later stages an attempt against President Nixon's life so Magneto can break out.
When Mystique goes to Saigon to help the mutant unit escape, Toad takes the opportunity, and is later recruited to Magneto's brotherhood.

The timeline "fractures" in the end. The original timeline (which includes "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "X2", "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "The Wolverine") remains the same, and the new timeline (which includes "First Class") is a clean slate, in which anything could happen. Old Xavier mentions he is able to feel the other timeline still.

Young Beast and Old Mystique share a brief moment in which he apologizes for not creating a better future, and she apologizes for not being able to change the past. Beast still harbors a crush on her and even attacks Magneto during the Kennedy assassination, under assumption he's trying to hurt her.

Wolverine's mind remains in his 1972 body. His future self is left in a comatose state.
The X-Men's hideout is an ancient tomb where Apocalypse lies dormant, though he awakens in the end. The comatose Wolverine might become his first Horseman in "X-Men: Apocalypse".

There is a reference to the Fantastic Four.

Those are from article before they are completly gone online.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #35
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap5ewl View Post
See, I'm starting to think they got some facts confused. Maybe
That whole scuffle is actually during the NIXON assassination attempt.
I think they probably did get that confused.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #36
JP
Smelly

****, I didn't even know we got 4 new stills from Empire. Threads are going so fast.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #37
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post

As some have pointed out already, the person could have simply been confused and meant Nixon instead of Kennedy.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #38
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Some of that sounds stupid. Actually most of it does. ugh its like Lost season 6 spoilers all over again.

Also that scene could have been filmed for different purposes all together. Maybe they're watching old footage from the 60s involving those two characters..

Old 01-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #39
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Then why did the studio ask to remove the spoilers from my article?

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #40
xrs13
Cold as ice

Hmmm,
Surely this would mean scott and Jean can't come back in the future if that timeline doesn't change? I may not be understanding it if it means they can.

Also... Bummer about Rogue, Like Serious Bummer!

Still like others have said, maybe its just a bit confused on everything and so we will have to wait and see.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Old 01-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #41
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Some of that sounds stupid. Actually most of it does. ugh its like Lost season 6 spoilers all over again.

Also that scene could have been filmed for different purposes all together. Maybe they're watching old footage from the 60s involving those two characters..
Yeah but since Fox had them removed they aren't just all made up.

Maybe In the Xavier meet scene future Xavier shows younger xavier and audence things that lead up to future of sentinles and that Is how they
Include 1960's stuff with Kennedy,Magneto,and Mystique

We now have some details how DOFP shapes up Including ending spoilers about timeline but don't have the complete picture.

I am sure some are praying that the Rogue scenes end up In final film If they read these spoilers.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #42
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
i like that notion!

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #43
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Then why did the studio ask to remove the spoilers from my article?
Because they are true.

I have been over this with others at Pretty Little Liars wiki after studio had leaked scrips for 2 upcoming episodes removed.

If studios have things taken down that means stuff has gotten out they don't
want out there.And they are not fake.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #44
myra
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Young Jean Grey appears in the past.
Cannonball appears in a mutant refugee camp in the future that is attacked by Sentinels.
Rogue has been captured so the Sentinels can duplicate her powers and use it against mutants. The X-Men later rescue her, and, due to the genetic manipulation done by the Sentinels, Rogue briefly displays super-strength and flight during the escape.
The Sentinels are made of magnetized plates and therefore can change their shape, becoming learner or bulkier. The addition of Rogue's powers makes them virtually unstoppable, which is why the X-Men decide to move forward with the last-ditch effort to change the outcome of the war by altering the past.

There is a mutant unit led by William Stryker that Havok and Toad are a part of, in 1972.
Banshee left the X-Men to be with his family, and Emma Frost has been captured by the government again, but Magneto isn't bothered to break her out yet again.

Mystique assassinates President Kennedy while Magneto tries to stop her, which results in him being captured and forced to join the unit. However, this is part of his plan, and Mystique later stages an attempt against President Nixon's life so Magneto can break out.
When Mystique goes to Saigon to help the mutant unit escape, Toad takes the opportunity, and is later recruited to Magneto's brotherhood.

The timeline "fractures" in the end. The original timeline (which includes "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "X2", "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "The Wolverine") remains the same, and the new timeline (which includes "First Class") is a clean slate, in which anything could happen. Old Xavier mentions he is able to feel the other timeline still.

Young Beast and Old Mystique share a brief moment in which he apologizes for not creating a better future, and she apologizes for not being able to change the past. Beast still harbors a crush on her and even attacks Magneto during the Kennedy assassination, under assumption he's trying to hurt her.

Wolverine's mind remains in his 1972 body. His future self is left in a comatose state.
The X-Men's hideout is an ancient tomb where Apocalypse lies dormant, though he awakens in the end. The comatose Wolverine might become his first Horseman in "X-Men: Apocalypse".

There is a reference to the Fantastic Four.

Those are from article before they are completly gone online.
The only parts of that that have any validity is Mystique killing JFK (which was implied from the Bent Bullet), Havok and Toad being in a mutant army unit, and the fracturing of the timelines (which is what happens when you do a story involving time travel). Everything else is completely nonsensical (Young Beast/Old Mystique? Really? This is a thing people think would ever happen?) and parts even completely contradict what we already know, Magneto is not part of an army unit. The Bent Bullet gave us a video of his little hole in the ground holding cell. And Mystique killing Nixon doesn't make Trask's prison magically go away and free him. She has her own agenda that doesn't involve Magneto at all. (Why else would old Magneto say "you'll need me as well" to stop whatever the hell is supposed to happen?) So much BS but hey if they're true I'll be laughing my ass off at Beast not giving a damn about the president being killed but poor little Mystique being in danger!

Old 01-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #45
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Okay, so if the spoilers are true, and just poorly written by someone who mixed a few things up by typing fast and didn't write clearly… how are they going to edit out all that Rogue stuff? No, keep it innnnnn.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #46
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Because they are true.

I have been over this with others at Pretty Little Liars wiki after studio had leaked scrips for 2 upcoming episodes removed.

If studios have things taken down that means stuff has gotten out they don't
want out there.And they are not fake.
Not necessarily. Only one part needs to be true. Or heck, the studio could be doing it to screw with us, because I've seen other studios take down just about anything that's not fully released by themselves, doesn't mean it was all true either. It's also called misleading the public with something as simple as this because everyone likes to jump on saying "They had it pulled, it must be truezz!" when it's not and just creating more buzz and leading people in a direction opposite of what happens to keep suspense up when people actually see the film.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #47
archangel7168
Side-Kick

I really hope we see enough battles with the new sentinals and not just one......but I like the idea of cannonball making an appearance

Old 01-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #48
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Not necessarily. Only one part needs to be true. Or heck, the studio could be doing it to screw with us, because I've seen other studios take down just about anything that's not fully released by themselves, doesn't mean it was all true either. It's also called misleading the public with something as simple as this because everyone likes to jump on saying "They had it pulled, it must be truezz!" when it's not and just creating more buzz and leading people in a direction opposite of what happens to keep suspense up when people actually see the film.
Some Information In article is bound to be true.Now it's fact writer meant 1973 when he wrote 1972.Also the spoiler about Magneto and Beast writer may have simply screwed up with which president he wrote there.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #49
Farren
Side Kicker

I don't buy all of these spoilers. I could see some being true though.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #50
JP
Smelly

Considering all the drama on this forum with TeeKay just a day or so ago, I'm not going to believe the studio requested his post be taken down because he says so...

As it stands, the "spoilers" still contradict themselves, and nothing in the spoilers couldn't be put together from every interview and photo we ever got.

Next.

Last edited by JP; 01-29-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Closed Thread