The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #76
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

This was Firstshowing's supposed leak for Apocalypse:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/exclusive-how-x-men-days-of-future-past-teases-x-men-apocalypse/

At least that guy has the balls not to be anonymous even if I thought it was stupid. It hasn't been taken down either.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:32 PM   #77
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

if thats stuff is true and something about jean grey being involved then i dunno what singer is doing there, because it won't in any way link or even make sense even in an altered way to X3 or in anyway because 1. its 1973 which i assume is way to early, 2. the rumors also said about toad joining the brotherhood excluding any chance of xavier and magneto going to jeans house like X3 shown, mcavoy is likely to still have hair through most the film so even the idea they could touch apon it mid way in the film kinda doesn't work

the whole wolverine keeping his 70s body is a weird idea, let alone the part where his older self will stay unconscious and doesn't wake up, and young beast and old mystique will talk... to which i dunno how that would make sense nore do i understand why it would be needed

alot of the stuff thats said could be pieced together very easy thats the problem, we know toad and havok are part of this experiment for the sentinels because hitfix said it and someone breaks them out and we know its mystique because we seen her in a picture with them, and its easy to assume stryker as a link because of the poster we seen of him in similar uniforms

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-29-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #78
Farren
Side Kicker

I buy that some of those "spoilers" hit the mark, and that's why Fox wants them gone. They also might not like the Rogue stuff being there, drawing attention to her having had a larger role before being cut (esp if those "spoilers" happened to be correct).

But I'm inclined to think that poster was just making stuff up, and got some lucky guesses. A lot of those plot points don't make any sense. Why would Magneto be working with Stryker's mutant unit (even under force) if his trial and incarceration were highly publicized? What do they take him out on weekends for missions? And how would Mystique going after Nixon be a part his plan to escape (and escape from where? the prison or the unit? i mean, seriously)? Does Nixon personally oversee Magneto? It just makes zero sense and is unnecessarily complicated.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #79
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

Back in the X-Men (2000) days, I ate up every piece of info I could. Can't even remember the website but every time there was a picture or blurb I wanted to know everything. Then for X2 I backed away a bit but still heard certain things, was incredibly surprised at A LOT of the events. The Jet scene was phenomenal and haven't felt that way about a sequence in a superhero film until the end battle in The Avengers. And having read or heard that Jean might go "blind," when she sacrifices herself, and the phoenix, oh my god.... So happy I didn't know any of that was coming.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #80
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Same here with X2.

But with these rumors, can't anyone just say "Oh I had info that got taken down by the request of Fox" or is there some secret barcode that proves Fox actually took the stuff down?

Old 01-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #81
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
if thats stuff is true and something about jean grey being involved then i dunno what singer is doing there, because it won't in any way link or even make sense even in an altered way to X3 or in anyway because 1. its 1973 which i assume is way to early, 2. the rumors also said about toad joining the brotherhood excluding any chance of xavier and magneto going to jeans house like X3 shown, mcavoy is likely to still have hair through most the film so even the idea they could touch apon it mid way in the film kinda doesn't work

the whole wolverine keeping his 70s body is a weird idea, let alone the part where his older self will stay unconscious and doesn't wake up, and young beast and old mystique will talk... to which i dunno how that would make sense nore do i understand why it would be needed

alot of the stuff thats said could be pieced together very easy thats the problem, we know toad and havok are part of this experiment for the sentinels because hitfix said it and someone breaks them out and we know its mystique because we seen her in a picture with them, and its easy to assume stryker as a link because of the poster we seen of him in similar uniforms
edit

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 01-29-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #82
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the point wasnt about me, the point is about the whole net.

Two completely different things. And one much more important than the other.

but I know most sites dont even care about leaking stuff, how disrespectful to the filmakers and the actual movie
With the release date fast approaching, we're now entering the point where spoilers are going to be pretty much impossible to avoid. Whether true or fan made, for me it's best to tread carefully so I recommend you do as well.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #83
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Same here with X2.

But with these rumors, can't anyone just say "Oh I had info that got taken down by the request of Fox" or is there some secret barcode that proves Fox actually took the stuff down?
Isn't it normally sent via email to the website that has them posted?

Old 01-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #84
Farren
Side Kicker

To be fair to Angamb, we do have a designated spoiler thread. Just nobody bothers to go post there. I personally would be willing to migrate these talks/speculations/spoilers over there and leave this thread for announcements and pr materials.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #85
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Same here with X2.

They were taken down at CBM.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #86
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
I don't know, but isn't it easy to fake? It would add to the trolling aspect of the whole thing.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #87
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
They were taken down at CBM.
jeez so...okay. God I hope half of it is wrong, it sounds downright bad.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:52 PM   #88
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
They sent an e-mail to the editor/owner of the site, then they edit the article with the spoilers. At least that's what they did to my articles.

Quote:
I don't know, but isn't it easy to fake? It would add to the trolling aspect of the whole thing.
How can I fake it? It got taken down, I'm not lying. Google McNyagano and go to recent contributions and click on the articles. See it fo yourself. I didn't make it up nor am I trying to troll.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #89
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

like i said ... people are seriously complaining about a Singer possibly bringing in Jean way too early, but not Toad? if Toad is 18.... and X1 is at earliest 2000... that makes Toad 45 years old in X1! Singer has already thrown logic out the window

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-29-2014, 03:55 PM   #90
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I buy that some of those "spoilers" hit the mark, and that's why Fox wants them gone. They also might not like the Rogue stuff being there, drawing attention to her having had a larger role before being cut (esp if those "spoilers" happened to be correct).

But I'm inclined to think that poster was just making stuff up, and got some lucky guesses. A lot of those plot points don't make any sense. Why would Magneto be working with Stryker's mutant unit (even under force) if his trial and incarceration were highly publicized? What do they take him out on weekends for missions? And how would Mystique going after Nixon be a part his plan to escape (and escape from where? the prison or the unit? i mean, seriously)? Does Nixon personally oversee Magneto? It just makes zero sense and is unnecessarily complicated.
Well
At bent bullet website magneto's trial was secret.It wasn't till november 1973 that Nixon revealed Magneto's involvement In Assassination.magneto could be used under captivity to test sentinles as well as mutant team.Mystique after Nixon Is very paulsable.As well as Mystique breaking Magneto out In original timeline before wolverine changes history

Old 01-29-2014, 03:55 PM   #91
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

Should've called him Tadpole.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:57 PM   #92
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Theoretically yes. But I'm going to guess places like CBR and SHH have experience with getting these sort of letters and requests from studios, so if it was sent direct to the site admins they probably know from experience it's legit.

Personally though, I wouldn't get too sucked into the minutiae of picking these "spoiler reports" apart. If they come from a random anonymous person...take them with a grain of salt, regardless of how legit they otherwise seem. That's my advice anyway.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #93
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

They can just invent some pseudo-logic where certain mutants age slower or faster than other mutants and humans. Like Wolverine. I dunno. I don't really care.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #94
xrs13
Cold as ice

I really don't think mutants age the same way humans do, if comic people can live forever why does it have to matter if film people do? James Bond has been just fine being reinvented and never aging. It goes back to the "people are happy with some things but not others"

I dont mind Ages if the timeline fits, so for me it is acceptable for toad to be around in the past as a younger version. I would have an issue if the toad was older than the toad in x1.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 PM   #95
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
like i said ... people are seriously complaining about a Singer possibly bringing in Jean way too early, but not Toad? if Toad is 18.... and X1 is at earliest 2000... that makes Toad 45 years old in X1! Singer has already thrown logic out the window
It's fairly obvious where we are headed.The Nutrek direction with
Timeline of Trilogy and Wolverine films exsisting seperate from other films allowing for sequel to the wolverine to be made and if they want to use OT cast In future.It's possable APocalypse could be set In both timelines if Apocalypse wakes up In future

Old 01-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #96
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

thing is on the bentbullet website i believe they use images of magneto FROM the same scene you see beast attacking him, now obviously i suppose they didn't take any pictures of him to look like it was back in the 60s so they just photoshopped images from that scene together, but when these spoilers say about the kennedy thing you kinda go did that person actually think that scene was part of the bentbullet & kennedy assassination because they used images from that scene?

this is not a spoiler because we know its wrong either way

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-29-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #97
archangel7168
Side-Kick

I just wanna see apocalypse wake up and say something, not take control of magneto, that would suck.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #98
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
thing is on the bentbullet website i believe they use images of magneto FROM the same scene you see beast attacking him, now obviously i suppose they didn't take any pictures of him to look like it was back in the 60s so they just photoshopped images from that scene together, but when these spoilers say about the kennedy thing you kinda go did that person actually think that scene was part of the bentbullet thing because they used images from that scene?

this is not a spoiler because we know its wrong either way
Well if you look at bent bullet video and images the blurry pic of Magneto In dealey Plaza looks like Magneto In trailer when he drags Mystique

Old 01-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #99
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel7168 View Post
I just wanna see apocalypse wake up and say something, not take control of magneto, that would suck.
well
Fox didn't take down spoiler of Apocalypse taking possein of magneto but did spoiler of Apocalypse waking up In temple at end of DOFP
so that may mean something.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #100
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Go check the article. The spoilers are gone. Why would I be lying? It's the second time they have asked/request that spoilers on my DOFP articles be removed. The first time was about the leaked opening with Blink and Warpath. Fox said if the dialogue wasn't removed, they'll claim piracy.
...maybe don't publish things on a website without actual sources? We know it's an alien concept for CBM, but they could try once in awhile.

This is a site that once published an *exclusive* photo that had Comingsoon.net's watermark on it.