The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 01-31-2014, 12:30 PM   #76
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official X-Men Movie Timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
those rumors a few days ago which i'm still abit if not very skeptical about said jean would appear in this film, if thats true they would be introducing her very early

I don't see them bringing in a teenage Jean shortly after the events in DoFP. Singer has already said those characters didn't fit in FC timeline wise, and they don't fit in the 70's either. If Apocalypse wakes up in the past in the new timeline, I think it would take a few years before he recruited all his Horsemen. I also don't think they will have one movie covering all that. I think I'd be an Apocalypse origins movie. If it takes place in the 70s, they could have Xavier, Beast, Gambit, Mystique, Magneto, and possibly Wolverine. I think they'd jump the timeline to the 80's however.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:46 PM   #77
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
There's also little things, like in X3 where Logan is introduced to Beast.

Yet, we've seen some set/promo pics where those two are together.
Well clearly some things will be altered after DOFP. The nature of the story means that these films can't loop in a perfect circle. Looks like Singer will continue to progress the characters in the way that we expect, but some of the circumstances will be different.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:49 PM   #78
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I don't see them bringing in a teenage Jean shortly after the events in DoFP.
They couldn't anyways according to the official timeline. In order to use Jean in X:A, they'd have to leap-frog from 1973 to at least 1981, if not later, and would have to leap-frog even further than that in order to use Scott and/or Remy.

They could possibly use Ororo in X:A because we don't know exactly when Charles found her (as far as I know, anyway), but unless they do some massive leap-frogging, Scott, Jean, and Remy are 'out of bounds' just because of the timeframes they've set up with the official timeline.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:53 PM   #79
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

In b4 Singer gives continuity the finger again and has teenage Scott and Jean whenever the sequel takes place.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #80
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ Since Empire had to have gotten the official timeline directly from Singer and Co., I highly doubt that's going to happen.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 01-31-2014, 12:57 PM   #81
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

did they actually get that from singer and Co or did that just come up with it themselves? purely just by looking at the films?

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-31-2014 at 01:01 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #82
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
did they actually get that from singer and Co or did that just come up with it themselves? purely just by looking at the films?
They had to have gotten it directly from Singer and Co. because there are dates on it that don't match up with information given strictly in the films themselves (particularly some of the dating re: Origins: Wolverine).

Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 01:01 PM   #83
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

the same stryker from DOFP 1973 will recruit wolverine in origins in 1975, we may have to ignore the age difference that stand out oddly

i dunno who from singer and co sat down and mapped this out for them

Old 01-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #84
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

They put the Magneto/Xavier meets Jean at 1981 for a reason. And I bet that reason is so that she can be in the next movie.

If the timeline was true to what we saw on screen ('20 years ago') it would be 1987 when Xavier/Magneto went to her house.

The extra few years also gives her enough time to have trained to be a doctor by the time we meet her in X1.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #85
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I wouldn't rule anything out. If Singer wants a character badly enough, he'll introduce them sooner. My guess is we'll be in the 80's next time anyway.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:06 PM   #86
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
There is about ,,Division X", they would have to read Bent Bullet to know it.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #87
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
i dunno who from singer and co sat down and mapped this out for them
Probably Kinberg, since he'd have more time to do so than Singer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I wouldn't rule anything out. If Singer wants a character badly enough, he'll introduce them sooner. My guess is we'll be in the 80's next time anyway.
I really doubt Singer's going to ignore a timeline that he had to have had a direct hand in establishing, even if he's not the one who mapped it out for Empire.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 01:09 PM   #88
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

well reading it i just realised it says for 1987 that "xavier turns up to 3 mile island to take cyclops,silverfox and gambit under his wing" huh?

am not the most convinced by that part

Old 01-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #89
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
well reading it i just realised it says for 1987 that "xavier turns up to 3 mile island to take cyclops,silverfox and gambit under his wing" huh?

I saw that too, and we know Gambit left in his plane. But maybe Xavier had gone there to get him.. or the compiler made a minor goof. It doesn't alter the overall picture. Stop looking for the flies at the picnic!

Old 01-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #90
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:

That was the target for Charles, this three and much more mutants, but it was too late when he came there. Silverfox dead, Gambit choose different way.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #91
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

alright alright

Old 01-31-2014, 01:22 PM   #92
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:

He did take a Silverfox under his wing after 3-Mile Island. It just wasn't Kayla Silverfox.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 01:22 PM   #93
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
That was the target for Charles, this three and much more mutants, but it was too late when he came there. Silverfox dead, Gambit choose different way.
well gambit went after the kids and xavier took them in and gambit just watched from a distance, xavier probably would have known he was there if he was one of the main targets

its probably best just not to think about it

Old 01-31-2014, 04:02 PM   #94
kasjan
Side-Kick

Logan was target in FC, Xavier was even near him, tried to talk with him, not like just watched Gambit from a distance. Xavier is telepath, and he felt they're not ready to join his team. He didn't want to make them to join, it's their own choice.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #95
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

It's easier just say singer and co gave them the dates and empire wrote it out this way

Old 01-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #96
rory
Side-Kick

How does Origins being set in 1987 change when Apocalypse could take place? I imagine DOFP will forge a new timeline where Xavier can simply find Scott and Remy a few years earlier. Stryker may not even survive DOFP, for all we know.

rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #97
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory View Post
How does Origins being set in 1987 change when Apocalypse could take place? I imagine DOFP will forge a new timeline where Xavier can simply find Scott and Remy a few years earlier. Stryker may not even survive DOFP, for all we know.
Because Cyclops Is around 16 In 1987.The Events of DOFP aren't going to magicly cause him to be born earlier.

With Gambit now could encounter Xavier a few years earlier.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:48 PM   #98
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory View Post
Because the timeline clearly takes the events of DoFP into account.

They could leapfrog O:W, but Singer's comments about X:A don't make that seem very likely.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 07:53 PM   #99
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Singer said apocalypse takes place some time after DOFP so they could indeed leap to the 80s, infact its most likely they will

Old 01-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #100
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Singer said apocalypse takes place some time after DOFP so they could indeed leap to the 80s, infact its most likely they will
Close to a decade does not fit the definition of 'some time'. The way Singer phrased things makes it far more likely That X:A will take place much closer to the events of DoFP than DoFP did to FC.

Quote: