The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 01:25 AM   #326
cometcleanse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I'm contesting your claim that the EW (and Empire) article(s) were clear about Rogue's involvement in the film. Through the fault of the writer(s) of the article (and maybe with how Singer jumps around in his thoughts during interviews) Rogue's role is anything but certain.

That said, this might be a good thing as knowing either way might potentially spoil the plot/movie for me.
Okay. I guess I don't understand how Singer plainly stating that she had to go was confusing. The writer used a direct quote from him. The main purpose of him going to EW was to reveal that piece of information. Plus, if they misquoted him, he/Fox would have demanded a retraction. Anyway, she is not even on the new website, which is a further indication on what he stated about her presence in the movie. She is a big enough name that you would definitely add her to the website if she was an impact player of any kind. I mean, if you can have Sunspot, you can have Rogue. Fox is obviously starting to warm up the marketing machine to start reaching out past fans to the much needed general audience and I assume they would use all the publicity at their disposal.

I know some people were confused about her getting a cover, but I think since they had it, they figured why not throw her and her fans a bone since it is probably one of the last times you will see her if Singer goes through with his plan to get rid of the OT for the next movie.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:51 AM   #327
Rike
Wat.

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

No new pics for Rogue.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Last edited by Rike; 02-19-2014 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #328
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

she ain't in the billing or any of the images

Old 02-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #329
Melapi
Side-Kick

She's also being ignored in the official website. All the character have their bios updated but she's not even mentioned.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:24 AM   #330
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Yeah, her absence on the official site is very telling. Cameo at best, prepare for the worst.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:52 AM   #331
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

I suddenly have no interrest any more to see this movie in cinema.

And Singer. I dont like it when people **** with my head. *******

Old 02-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #332
Morti
Side-Kick

To be honest..Toad, Havok and Stryker aren't listed in the credits either, yet we know they are in.. so who knows.

Although Paquin is a bigger name than all 3 of those combined..

However, there have been times where actors have had substantial uncredited roles in films.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #333
Melapi
Side-Kick

Well, now we know for sure she shoot her scenes in only 5 days.

I fear that 2 or 3 of those days are gone.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #334
Morti
Side-Kick

I'm starting to think she really is cut

It was nice for Bryan to give her a shout out about the teasing though.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #335
MarvelU
Side-Kick

I say she is a cameo now, the future will likely acknowledge her in some way, and the future sentinels might be mixed with her DNA.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #336
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Cameo is probable. Hidden role is possible. Completely cut feels too much. I doubt its just a picture of her. If anything she could be in the altered future.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #337
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

small cameo is likely maybe at the end if we see the new timeline she will be there

that may be as far as it goes

Old 02-19-2014, 02:00 PM   #338
Melapi
Side-Kick

So movie after movie, this character treatment gets more depressing.

I can't belive I'm going to say this, but I wish Marvel could get back the rights of Rogue. They can't do worse.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #339
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post

I can't belive I'm going to say this, but I wish Marvel could get back the rights of Rogue. They can't do worse.
Oh jesus

Old 02-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #340
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Oh jesus

Old 02-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #341
Morti
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Cameo is probable. Hidden role is possible. Completely cut feels too much. I doubt its just a picture of her. If anything she could be in the altered future.
I guess it is possible for a hidden role...especially if she is as instrumental to the plot as we once believed. Why would they want to bring attention to her when she might only be in the last act of the film? I could see that being a spoiler, so maybe they are not mentioning her because the X-Men are trying to protect her and Wolverine so that they can finish the mission...who knows. #headache

Old 02-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #342
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick

The only thing that irks me about this whole situation is that she's the ONLY one who was cut in a film which, for all intents and purposes, should have more than ONE SINGLE expendable element or character. Like, what's up with that? And backtracking and saying she hasn't been cut completely only confuses things further, because why even make the announcement att all that her action scene had been cut. Most people had been expecting no more than a glorified cameo for her anyway. So why draw all that attention to that one scene that's been cut...? If she's supposedly still in the movie?

Old 02-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #343
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

She may only cameo at end

Old 02-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #344
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

I won't be surprised if she is a cameo at this point. Just appease the fans but Bryan confirming that none of the OT Cast in Apocalypse leads me to believe he is saying goodbye to them which is fine. Recast and reboot. If any franchise needs a reboot this one does.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #345
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
I won't be surprised if she is a cameo at this point. Just appease the fans but Bryan confirming that none of the OT Cast in Apocalypse leads me to believe he is saying goodbye to them which is fine. Recast and reboot. If any franchise needs a reboot this one does.
Wrong. Apocalypse is "more of a First Class sequel" < That's all we know about it.
And no, this franchise doesn't a reboot, neither recasts.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Old 02-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #346
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
small cameo is likely maybe at the end if we see the new timeline she will be there

that may be as far as it goes
My thoughts too.

A damn shame for sure, but she only filmed for 5 days and her role was already cut down because of that schedule. Hopefully Paquin will return again in the future, and I'm still hoping for an extended cut for home release.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #347
cometcleanse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
The only thing that irks me about this whole situation is that she's the ONLY one who was cut in a film which, for all intents and purposes, should have more than ONE SINGLE expendable element or character. Like, what's up with that? And backtracking and saying she hasn't been cut completely only confuses things further, because why even make the announcement att all that her action scene had been cut. Most people had been expecting no more than a glorified cameo for her anyway. So why draw all that attention to that one scene that's been cut...? If she's supposedly still in the movie?
I disagree. The more I thing about it, I am convinced that he did not really think about her role in the film and just forced her in to be with the OT, but later realized what he did was not working. Maybe he thought it would be easier to just cut her, because if he really wanted her, he would have bought her in for the additional reshoots that took place last fall when she had plenty of free time to do them.

On various sites her fans were talking about her being badass and doing all kinds of incredible things that made no sense if the OT is only in 30% of the movie. This may have been fueled by Paquin herself when she was talking about all the things going on in the script for her character. It is just puffery and wishful thinking that got out of control. It happens with a lot of movies. Singer cut her major scenes and was trying lower fans expectations (especially with her not being in any of brand new marketing). After some of the nonsense and foolishness that was tweeted to him about it, I could see why he does not want to talk about it anymore because what is done is done and he needs to worry about the new reshoots and putting together a great movie. I don't blame him. Theses are the same people who will still be crying that he lied when they see only her in quick cameo, photo, or character mention despite everything. But like they say, people believe what THEY want to believe.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #348
cometcleanse
Side-Kick

Quote:

Not going to happen. Too much money involved. And it did happen, I can guarantee that it would not be with Paquin in that role. Marvel has zero issues with recasting people (See the Hulk and some characters in Thor and Ironman). I had to laugh about some other people in another thread saying that Lawrence could leave if she wanted. Please. That woman does nothing but make dollars for studios. Fox unknowingly hit the jackpot with her, and as long as she under their contract, she is going to be front and center for X-men.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:08 AM   #349
neemer5
Side-Kick

I don't get why people are pissed that she's cut. If the film didn't work with her in it, and the scene was gratuitous, as Singer implied, then cut her.

If you're gonna complain, complain about the original screenplay from the get-go. They somehow forced Wolverine into another marquee role when he is already over saturated, at the expense of other characters. They managed to work in Halle Berry, who is an overrated actress, and even accommodated (and probably rewrote) scenes even though she was pregnant. Let's face it, she was put in because she's a box office draw. Yet somehow, they decided not to write in the best character that Singer completely retooled from the comics. Blame the producers and the screenwriters, I say.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:45 AM   #350
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I feel like sad that Halle and Anna didn't have much time filming their scenes, like its their 1st X-Men film in 8 years and they only spent 5 to 7 days in the set and the writers had to shorten their role because of their tight schedule.

Who knows if Anna Paquin had more time, she would have been in the start of the film with the rest of the mutants fighting for their lives.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Closed Thread