The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #551
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
How can you not remember who Sookie is?
I can never forget.

:o
Old 03-08-2014, 01:11 AM   #552
Rike
Wat.

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I can never forget.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Old 03-08-2014, 01:26 AM   #553
JohnGrey
Side-Kick

So, if she doesn't get this character a day shot released then it is safe to assume that YES she has indeed been fully cut right? I mean she wasn't on the official website, but neither was Havok or Toad, yet they each got a character shot released. I really hope she does because I want her in the movie, and if she does get one it has to be a different view compared to what we got on the Empire cover.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:36 AM   #554
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm hoping she gets a headshot picture and that its not the same as her Empire cover.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 03-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #555
Nintendo
Side-Kick

I feel like that day we didn't get a headshot was the day Rogue would have gotten hers had she not been cut from the movie....

They took out her action scenes (my guess), and so they don't want to tease her as one of the "X Men", even though she might cameo. Every one of the mutants with a headshot is going to have at least one display of powers, but I don't think Rogue will anymore (to save the budget?).

Or hey maybe they just really want to keep her scene a secret because after 3 movies of build up they know it's going to be a fan favorite scene? One can only hope (but no hold ones breath).

Old 03-09-2014, 12:58 AM   #556
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
I feel like that day we didn't get a headshot was the day Rogue would have gotten hers had she not been cut from the movie....
LOL seriously? Or the webmaster just wasn't available to upload the next picture.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #557
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

The only reason that Rogue still got an Empire cover is that Empire wanted 25 of them. People who were expecting a headshot after all of this were bound to be disappointed.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #558
neemer5
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
We all need to be realistic here. She's much bigger than she was during X1-3 thanks to True Blood but she's nowhere near the biggest name in this cast. That would be Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence, Ellen Page...they're all more well known than Anna Paquin. But it doesn't hurt that she's more popular now than she was before.
Jackman, Berry, McKellan, Stewart, Lawrence, Fassbender, yes. Ellen Page bigger than Anna Paquin? No.
Paquin is on the same level as Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage and James McAvoy.
That's respectable, so lets not inflate. Doesn't change I think they wrecked a potential awesome story.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #559
cometcleanse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by neemer5 View Post
Jackman, Berry, McKellan, Stewart, Lawrence, Fassbender, yes. Ellen Page bigger than Anna Paquin? No.
That's respectable, so lets not inflate. Doesn't change I think they wrecked a potential awesome story.
Look, if they thought she was going to bring in extra/more box office they would has squeezed her in some kind of way. Singer may be the director, but Fox is not a charity and I am sure they weighted her box office impact, along with other creative issues, when they went along with his decision to to cut her.

I would say the Page has the edge on her because she was in a very successful video game last year (gamers), is very "queen of the hipsters" and she is still looked at as critical darling, like that Olsen sister, who is about to blow up.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #560
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by neemer5 View Post
I just thought Ellen Page is more well known thanks to Juno and Inception, like if we asked 10 random people. But that's just the impression I was under, Paquin is an Oscar winner after all.

You think they wrecked the story for DOFP?

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 03-09-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #561
Melapi
Side-Kick

Sookie against Juno? I go for Sookie. TB it's one of the shows with most impact in the pop culture of the last decade, and it's still on air.

Currently the only actors with a star status over hers are Jackman, McKellen, Lawrence and Fassbender, and Bingbing in Asia. Maybe Stewart, but I'm not sure about that outside the sci-fi comunity.

Halle, no way! Since TLS she has been living surrounded of bombed movies and personal scandals, until the point that if her new show is cancelled her carrer will be dead and gone. Whit that professional status she can't be over Anna.

If Janssen and Marsden were in the movie, my list would be different.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #562
cometcleanse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
Sookie against Juno? I go for Sookie. TB it's one of the shows with most impact in the pop culture of the last decade, and it's still on air.

Currently the only actors with a star status over hers are Jackman, McKellen, Lawrence and Fassbender, and Bingbing in Asia. Maybe Stewart, but I'm not sure about that outside the sci-fi comunity.

Halle, no way! Since TLS she has been living surrounded of bombed movies and personal scandals, until the point that if her new show is cancelled her carrer will be dead and gone. Whit that professional status she can't be over Anna.

If Janssen and Marsden were in the movie, my list would be different.

Seriously? Halle at least did have a hit movie last year, the Caller. And she is huge in the fashion and cosmetic world (Revlon). Plus, her new show is with Spielberg. Still, she needs to be recast if she can't bring it in DOFP. Regardless, she has more international appeal and Hollywood power than Paquin any day of the week. She is able to get major magazine covers and big interviews, but you can't say the same about Paquin, even at the height of TB outside of Entertainment Weekly (which most of the cast got). The men on the show get them over her, which I find odd, but not odd in way with her.

I know you are a huge Paquin fan, but once True Blood wraps her career will be in even more free fall than it is because she has no new projects ready to go or even in the near future and Hollywood as a short memory. Plenty of her co-stars are already busy with new big or interesting projects. As a fan, I would be concerned. There is so much fierce competition for roles in the 20-30 something age range right now and she is not exactly a hot property. Maybe she thought DOFP would jump start her movie career?

She is on a hit show, but her character is not a fan favorite by any stretch even though she is the lead and your favorite. I know she is your top dog and everything, but critics and show fans are don't are up in arms regarding her character development and acting (she is uneven at best in my opinion). Look at any reputable critic review of her work on the show and it is not pretty. She can't rely on an Oscar she won 20 years ago. And if that win or she herself had any box office pull or interest, they would have found a way to have her be a big part of the movie. People work around people's schedules when they really want them. I mean, why was she not asked back for the fall reshoots when she had nothing going on at the time?

Old 03-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #563
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometcleanse View Post
She is on a hit show, but her character is not a fan favorite by any stretch even though she is the lead and your favorite. I know she is your top dog and everything, but critics and show fans are don't are up in arms regarding her character development and acting (she is uneven at best in my opinion). Look at any reputable critic review of her work on the show and it is not pretty.
And Sookie is still the most popular character from the show. Funny, huh?

Geez, you make it sound like everything is doom and gloom and her career is over or something like that.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Old 03-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #564
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
I'm Kirk.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #565
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I'm Kirk.
Nope, I'm Kirk. McCoy is too lame.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #566
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Witch View Post
The only reason that Rogue still got an Empire cover is that Empire wanted 25 of them. People who were expecting a headshot after all of this were bound to be disappointed.
Oh it looks like we won't getting a headshot for Rogue, now they are posting the gif version of the headshots they already posted before.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #567
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Nope, I'm Kirk. McCoy is too lame.
My name is even James... deal with me being Kirk.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #568
Melapi
Side-Kick

Said the person who has apparently joined this forum with the only purpose of posting *****ering comments about Anna in Rogue thread. If you dislike her that much why are you constantly here? I don't understand that kind of lifestyle. I mean this forum has more threads, I bet some of them are about an actor/character you like...

Love or hate it, but Sookie has become a pop icon and has upgraded Anna status.

Anyway, it's a pity that the ignore bottom doesn't cover the quotes in the answer comments.

Last edited by Melapi; 03-10-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #569
cometcleanse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
Said the person who has apparently joined this forum with the only purpose of posting *****ering comments about Anna in Rogue thread. If you dislike her that much why are you constantly here? I don't understand that kind of lifestyle. I mean this forum has more threads, I bet some of them are about an actor/character you like...

Love or hate it, but Sookie has become a pop icon and has upgraded Anna status.

Anyway, it's a pity that the ignore bottom doesn't cover the quotes in the answer comments.
I sorry, is this really a Rogue/Anna Paquin fansite that you run and operate or an independent forum to speak freely about a character or actress playing the character or a movie? I must have missed that disclaimer that does not exists. Plus, I have made comments on other issues, but you seemed to Rogue/Paquin obsessed to notice. I am not going to stop posting or be bullied of this site because I won't join in the love fest.

I did not say her character on True Blood was not popular. However, I noted that for all that popularity, it was not enough to put her in the movie or consider her a box office draw which this movie needs considering it cost up to $250 million. For some reason me saying that offends you. Why, if you think Singer lied and she is secretly in the movie and going to be doing something special or important? I mean Hand-Gate? Oh, well. This thread is hilarious!

Old 03-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #570
cometcleanse
Side-Kick

Quote:
And Sookie is still the most popular character from the show. Funny, huh?

Geez, you make it sound like everything is doom and gloom and her career is over or something like that.

Her career is not over--she is not Lohan by any means, who for some reason people keep giving her real acting jobs--so no one is ever really over. She may be typecasted from Sookie, who is well-known, but her character's likability and good will for the character is, let's say "stretched" at this point in the game (at least outside this thread and fan-sites). I was just saying that her career coming of a hit show does not look great (from a casting agent's point of view) and being cut from DOFP is a big missed opportunity, even it was out of her control. Producers and studios look at that and recent non-TB efforts and make judgements whether they are right or wrong. No one is saying she is a bad, evil person. Geez! It is not fair, but Hollywood is brutal on women when they are in their 30's unless they are a Charlize Theron or Amy Adams (superstars). They want to bring in the 20 somethings to take their place. True story as old as the hills.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #571
Melapi
Side-Kick

Could these behind scenes stills belong to the same scene?

Last edited by Melapi; 03-14-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #572
darkangel
Side-Kick

Poor ROGUE
I wanted to see her fighting in the temple.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #573
Angamb
Banned User

could be the same scene...

while at the same time, it may not be the only time Charles uses that new small ship

Old 03-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #574
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3

Quote:
How can you not remember who Sookie is?

Well, hello! lol

Old 03-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #575
Feenix
Formerly CosmicPinchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post

Handgate!

“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.

H.E.
Closed Thread