The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #901
Malik
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
it says more about her choices in picking projects. She's always had a habit of making poor decisions where her career is concerned.

Running off to Broadway (mostly off Broadway) instead of using her high profile post X1.

Taking long breaks between projects (using school as an excuse only to drop out).

True Blood has been the only thing she's done to keep her career alive and even that's a terrible production.
Both really, even if she wanted a job who's to say she would get it?

Old 04-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #902
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
Inkmaster Pringels and empire magazine is not really official ya think ?
She is not even mentioned on the official site where havok his minor role is.
I don't know if you are serious or not. But those pictures are official and those pictures came from Fox.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 04-03-2014, 12:02 AM   #903
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Quote:
Anna is a fabulous actress with the right director and material.

Post-Margaret Anna has only proven herself to be an below average actress choosing terrible projects. She should have Claire Danes' career but instead she's just floating off empty publicity from True Blood which does nothing to help her acting skill set.

Right now, if someone told Anna is an awful actress, I would have to agree. Mostly because she hasn't demonstrated the same sort of acting style as she did in Margaret, HurlyBurly, Buffalo Soldiers or Darkness.

I love her but I'm hoping her next career move will be better than what she's done recently.
Quote:
it says more about her choices in picking projects. She's always had a habit of making poor decisions where her career is concerned.

Running off to Broadway (mostly off Broadway) instead of using her high profile post X1.

Taking long breaks between projects (using school as an excuse only to drop out).

True Blood has been the only thing she's done to keep her career alive and even that's a terrible production.

Tell that to her Academy Award and her Golden Globe.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #904
darkangel
Side-Kick

You can see Rogue in the right side

Old 04-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #905
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
You can see Rogue in the right side
It looks like her costume was designed in white.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #906
darkangel
Side-Kick

I think is her prison costume, the one we've already seen in the trailers.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #907
darkangel
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I think this pic is when Rogue replaces Kitty's job in the temple, when I first saw this scene in the first trailer I thought it was in the mansion but no...

Old 04-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #908
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^I agree darkangel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #909
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUspartan View Post
Tell that to her Academy Award and her Golden Globe.
No lies detected sis. You just took me to the library.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #910
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Old 04-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #911
DOFP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikepirado View Post

(: (: (:

Old 04-04-2014, 11:51 PM   #912
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

True Blood Season 7 Teaser:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It's one of my favorite shows.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:31 AM   #913
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Interesting pic, Rike Pirado!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 04-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #914
Krak66
Side-Kick

Old 04-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #915
Great Mind(s)
Broken

wtf is that??

Old 04-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #916
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

TLS still. Gawd she has nice tits.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #917
danagirl42
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
The fact that she's an above average actress and can't get a decent role says a lot about hollywood.
Well, if she is serious about moving her career forward in a positive direction she needs to take the ScarJo approach. She did not like the direction her career was going and had a "Come to Jesus" meeting of sorts with her agents and managers regarding what she and they needed to do so that she did not slide into oblivion. Obviously it worked, because soon after she booked Iron Man 2 and never looked back. Since then she has gotten kudos across the mainstream, art house and indie market. Plus, she is the face of a some huge brands like Gucci and there is talk of her own Black Widow movie. I personally think she took some acting lessons because her performances are leaps and bounds better. Plus, I have always seen her as little hustler and I mean that with all due admiration. I think Olivia Wilde is another one who did the same thing.

I read a few times that Streep did the same thing (I can't remember if it was after her first or second Oscar) and her record speaks for itself, so Anna polishing her Oscar and waiting around for something is not going to work. I am not trying to dig on her, but I just find it weird that she is not taking advantage of the show's huge success by lining up big projects and branding like her co-stars are clearly doing. She does not want to become forgotten like most of the talented cast of Lost, except for that Lilly woman who did a movie with Jackman, is in the Hobbit movies, and is now the Wasp under the Avengers.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:15 AM   #918
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

ScarJo is not doing Gucci. She's doing Dolce & Gabbana

It's Chris Evans who's doing Gucci (with Evan Rachel Wood).

Old 04-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #919
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by danagirl42 View Post
Well, if she is serious about moving her career forward in a positive direction she needs to take the ScarJo approach. She did not like the direction her career was going and had a "Come to Jesus" meeting of sorts with her agents and managers regarding what she and they needed to do so that she did not slide into oblivion. Obviously it worked, because soon after she booked Iron Man 2 and never looked back. Since then she has gotten kudos across the mainstream, art house and indie market. Plus, she is the face of a some huge brands like Gucci and there is talk of her own Black Widow movie. I personally think she took some acting lessons because her performances are leaps and bounds better. Plus, I have always seen her as little hustler and I mean that with all due admiration. I think Olivia Wilde is another one who did the same thing.

I read a few times that Streep did the same thing (I can't remember if it was after her first or second Oscar) and her record speaks for itself, so Anna polishing her Oscar and waiting around for something is not going to work. I am not trying to dig on her, but I just find it weird that she is not taking advantage of the show's huge success by lining up big projects and branding like her co-stars are clearly doing. She does not want to become forgotten like most of the talented cast of Lost, except for that Lilly woman who did a movie with Jackman, is in the Hobbit movies, and is now the Wasp under the Avengers.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #920
DarkXorn
Kick-Side

This is my first post on account of the Rogue fans' crazy denial that she was cut, but I must admit I did find this interesting. Is that Rogue? Looks too snazzy to be an extra or crew member. Definitely doesn't look like it's storm. They say they cut her sequence which is her rescue scene (from the mansion now turned into an internment camp from Iceman and Mags entering a very familiar sub-basement door) but when I first saw this I instantly thought Rogue. Go nuts or don't.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #921
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Of course it's Rogue who the hell else would it be? That did not erase her from existence just from a couple scenes... sheesh. That is old news BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 04-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #922
DarkXorn
Kick-Side

Well then there it all all sparkley and new for people like me who would rather not venture back through this legitimately frightening thread.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #923
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

While I'm still unsure if I truly believe Rogue was cut or not, people can't be using backstage photos that she happens to be in as proof that she's not cut. Of course she was there, no one ever said she wasn't. Being cut from the movie after filming scenes just means they're going to edit her out of the film, not behind the scenes stuff.

With that said, I am still half and half to believing her being fully cut. I just feel like they may make her a deux ex machina at the end in the third act somehow; and with how meticulously planned this whole movie already looks, I just think she's too important to cut. That's not to say she's going to have a bigger part than anyone, but I do think it will be prominent.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #924
Morti
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
While I'm still unsure if I truly believe Rogue was cut or not, people can't be using backstage photos that she happens to be in as proof that she's not cut. Of course she was there, no one ever said she wasn't. Being cut from the movie after filming scenes just means they're going to edit her out of the film, not behind the scenes stuff.

With that said, I am still half and half to believing her being fully cut. I just feel like they may make her a deux ex machina at the end in the third act somehow; and with how meticulously planned this whole movie already looks, I just think she's too important to cut. That's not to say she's going to have a bigger part than anyone, but I do think it will be prominent.
She is a plot device.

But a welcome one

Old 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #925
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

As long as it works on-screen, nothing wrong with that. In all honesty, if the plot device is anything like I think it is, they're drawing inspiration from X-Men Evolution in the episodes before the rise of Apocalypse.

Closed Thread